Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2013, 05:12 AM   #1561
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jayce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,510
Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
221.6 this morning -- yay! Tracking my food definitely helps me plan for what I can have later in the day so as not to go over.

Packed my gym clothes & have 'em in the car, so I'll be going after work. Was going to go this morning, but it took me forever to fall asleep last night, and sleep is more important to me in order to function the next day (AND not be a raging you-know-what! lol).

Hope y'all are having a good Wednesday so far!
Jayce is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2013, 05:26 AM   #1562
I'm his Princess
 
Dedicated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 17,055
Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Hey JG!!!

So much happening! So happy for you! you sis!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:46 AM   #1563
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jayce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,510
Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
Hey JG!!!

So much happening! So happy for you! you sis!
Heyyyyyyy, sis!!! SO glad to see you posting here.

Yea, it's definitely a lot going on -- my world is about to be totally different, what with helping raise the bf's kids. It'll be a learning process, for sure. I'm persistent (aka "hard-headed") though, so it'll work out somehow. Lol!

How are you doing this morning?
Jayce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:58 AM   #1564
Blabbermouth!!!
 
DesertGurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 7,337
Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
I always do better when I'm tracking my food. It's too easy to "pretend" things aren't getting eaten when ya don't! I challenged myself to making sure I track every single day through the end of the year to keep me on track--I'll figure out some sort of "reward" when I get there.

Have a great workout today, you'll be so glad that you planned ahead to make it happen!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:31 AM   #1565
Major LCF Poster!
 
lexiann21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 2,237
Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/217/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
221.6 this morning -- yay! Tracking my food definitely helps me plan for what I can have later in the day so as not to go over.

Packed my gym clothes & have 'em in the car, so I'll be going after work. Was going to go this morning, but it took me forever to fall asleep last night, and sleep is more important to me in order to function the next day (AND not be a raging you-know-what! lol).

Hope y'all are having a good Wednesday so far!
woot woot!! keep it up girly! we want to see you in the teens soon!
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:24 AM   #1566
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Blonde with a Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,582
Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I always do better when I'm tracking my food. It's too easy to "pretend" things aren't getting eaten when ya don't! I challenged myself to making sure I track every single day through the end of the year to keep me on track--I'll figure out some sort of "reward" when I get there.

Have a great workout today, you'll be so glad that you planned ahead to make it happen!
Definitely what Danielle said! Tracking keeps you honest. Danielle your reward will be the great results!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #1567
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jayce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,510
Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I always do better when I'm tracking my food. It's too easy to "pretend" things aren't getting eaten when ya don't! I challenged myself to making sure I track every single day through the end of the year to keep me on track--I'll figure out some sort of "reward" when I get there.

Have a great workout today, you'll be so glad that you planned ahead to make it happen!
I agree...tracking makes a world of difference b/c it keeps it "black & white" for me -- no b.s.ing! So many times I can underestimate the amount of calories in something, so it def helps! Good luck with your tracking challenge.

I hope the machine I wanna use won't be taken (after work is always busier than early mornings). I may have to just use the treadmill, but we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
woot woot!! keep it up girly! we want to see you in the teens soon!
Thanks, Lexi! I want to see the 2-teens too! I haven't seen 'em since a little over a year ago....soooo ready! Thanks for your ongoing support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Definitely what Danielle said! Tracking keeps you honest. Danielle, your reward will be the great results!
Yep, tracking forces you to be honest w/ yourself, which is one of the biggest aspects in making changes.

Thanks to all you ladies for stopping by my journal. I appreciate it.

A little over an hour until I'm freeeeee! Not sure what I'm doing for dinner...may just be some cottage cheese or something. Took a late lunch, so I'm full!
__________________
JG's Journal

Make the commitment, invest the time, and do the work to make things matter.
Jayce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:02 AM   #1568
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jayce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,510
Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
I wanna go home. *Humph*
Jayce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:08 AM   #1569
Major LCF Poster!
 
lexiann21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 2,237
Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/217/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
I wanna go home. *Humph*
why? whats up?
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:45 AM   #1570
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jayce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,510
Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
why? whats up?
Just one of those days where I have 0 desire to interact with people...feeling tired & dealing with headaches (think it's from congestion). It's grey & drizzly outside, so that usually makes me want to stay home.

At least there's not much longer to go!

What's up with you?
Jayce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:05 PM   #1571
Blabbermouth!!!
 
DesertGurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 7,337
Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Hang on, it's almost over! Are you going to work out today? Sorry about the headaches, I've had 1 going on about 2 days now...it's no bueno
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #1572
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jayce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,510
Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Hang on, it's almost over! Are you going to work out today? Sorry about the headaches, I've had 1 going on about 2 days now...it's no bueno
I'm trying, Dani! I think I'm going to do Hip Hop Abs at home tonight...Shaun T usually makes me laugh b/c he's having too much fun. LOL

Yea, the headaches get old really fast! You know exactly what I mean.

Ok, so the following is a post from one of the "health" FB pages --

Yesterday someone asked me what motivated me to sustain the health-supporting behaviors I began 5 years ago and without even thinking twice my answer was "Because I did it for myself and nobody else."

That really was the difference. I don't know if most of you know this, but I have lost over 100 pounds twice in my life. The first time I did it was after a nasty breakup and it was basically a spiteful sort of thing, trying to prove something. You know the drill, "I'll show you ex-boyfriend, I will get super hot and skinny and you will regret losing me!" (so stupid in hindsight) I lost it really fast in a rather unhealthy way. This was obviously not sustainable. It was also not about health at all, it was all about appearances.

The changes I started making in 2009 were for NO reason other than because I wanted to. Why do I stay motivated? It's not even an effort. I just want to do this for myself and my health because I deserve it. I don't have to talk myself into it. I was ready, I wasn't trying to push myself into something I didn't really want to do and I wasn't trying to please anyone else or society or fit any particular image. And I made sure to find ways to love it. I love the food I eat and enjoy the exercise I do. I experience the benefits and I keep doing it because I want to. It's really the only way to keep it up- finding a way to make it worthwhile and not horrible. You can will-power yourself through things that suck, but it will not be sustainable. Eventually, or you will find yourself burnt out from stress and angry at life for not being able to do what you want or you will lose interest altogether.

That's why I'm always trying to talk you into thinking you're worth it. You are worthy of love and respect exactly as you are, especially from yourself. Feeling this deeply will help you live a more honest life, where you make choices based on what you want for yourself in your life, and no other reason.

Last edited by Jayce; 11-07-2013 at 12:31 PM..
Jayce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:37 PM   #1573
Blabbermouth!!!
 
DesertGurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 7,337
Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
I love that! It is so very very true! It follows along the same lines of the changes that I've slowly been making in my life, not just weight wise..but somehow they all tie in together which makes the losing weight part so much easier.. I am doing this for me and no one else. I have finally, in the last 3 years, fallen in love with the person that I am RIGHT NOW, all 250-something pounds of me... I could finally look in a mirror and say, yeah, you're pretty cute ...I could say to myself, You deserve happiness, love, and good health because you are awesome. It has taken me a lifetime to get to this point...agonizing at times, but well worth the journey I've had to take to get here..It's made me a better, stronger person. I know my worth & I value it. Immensely. I love myself at this weight, I love the "person" that I am and that the number bears no value to the human being that I am or the love that i possess inside. Once you can grasp this all the way around, everything sort of just starts to click in place and changes start happening bit by bit in all aspects of life. It's amazing.
__________________
Danielle

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥



"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:12 PM   #1574
Major LCF Poster!
 
lexiann21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 2,237
Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/217/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Just one of those days where I have 0 desire to interact with people...feeling tired & dealing with headaches (think it's from congestion). It's grey & drizzly outside, so that usually makes me want to stay home.

At least there's not much longer to go!

What's up with you?
i hear ya. our work day is over yay and tomorrow is friday double yay
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:58 PM   #1575
I'm his Princess
 
Dedicated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 17,055
Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Heyyyyyyy, sis!!! SO glad to see you posting here.

Yea, it's definitely a lot going on -- my world is about to be totally different, what with helping raise the bf's kids. It'll be a learning process, for sure. I'm persistent (aka "hard-headed") though, so it'll work out somehow. Lol!

How are you doing this morning?
I'm ok.... cant complain
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:25 AM   #1576
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jayce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,510
Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I love that! It is so very very true! It follows along the same lines of the changes that I've slowly been making in my life, not just weight wise..but somehow they all tie in together which makes the losing weight part so much easier.. I am doing this for me and no one else. I have finally, in the last 3 years, fallen in love with the person that I am RIGHT NOW, all 250-something pounds of me... I could finally look in a mirror and say, yeah, you're pretty cute ...I could say to myself, You deserve happiness, love, and good health because you are awesome. It has taken me a lifetime to get to this point...agonizing at times, but well worth the journey I've had to take to get here..It's made me a better, stronger person. I know my worth & I value it. Immensely. I love myself at this weight, I love the "person" that I am and that the number bears no value to the human being that I am or the love that i possess inside. Once you can grasp this all the way around, everything sort of just starts to click in place and changes start happening bit by bit in all aspects of life. It's amazing.
I love this, Danielle, and I can feel the weight behind your words (no pun intended) since you've "found your groove." That's an inspiring thing, and I'm glad to count you a LCF buddy.

There are definitely days where I struggle with positive thinking (most of y'all who read my journal know I deal w/ some depression and feelings of "detachment" off & on), and it really helps me to interact with people like you here.

I'm relaxing, in a sense, regarding losing weight, but that only means my attitude towards it has changed -- I am overall happy with myself & coming to a place of acceptance. I'm letting a lot of stuff go -- mainly old feelings of guilt, shame, fear, & even expectations that don't serve me in any way. I will keep working on making better choices daily b/c it makes me FEEL BETTER & will lead to a higher quality of life -- not just a smaller pant size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
i hear ya. our work day is over yay and tomorrow is friday double yay
Woot Woot for Friday! *cues Rebecca Black song* Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
I'm ok.... cant complain
Well, "ok" is better than crappy, sis! I hope you have a great Friday!!!

Well, I dropped my calories by 100 yesterday & stayed well under, so I'm happy with that. I poured myself a glass of sweet white wine, took a sip, but then decided I didn't really want it, so I poured it back in the bottle.

I do plan on having a drink tonight though b/c my bf came home early last night & took me completely by surprise! I was happy to see him, but kinda upset b/c I'd planned on cleaning/organizing & making him a surprise dessert Saturday. LOL. I don't know how I'll "surprise" him now since we live together, but I know he'll like it b/c he loves apple stuff, and this supposedly tastes like cheesecake too. At least this way we get a few days to ourselves before we get the kids full-time.

I was 221.2 this morning -- I'll take it! Not a huge drop from last Friday (-0.4), but it's still a drop. I'm happy to have lost the water weight from my little binge last Sunday. I plan on having a few "treats" this weekend, but I'm going to log all of it so I can adjust the rest of the day's calories accordingly. I will also be drinking water! TOM should be starting any day now, so I want to do the best I can not to give in to my hormones.

Happy Friday!!!!

Last edited by Jayce; 11-08-2013 at 05:29 AM..
Jayce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:12 AM   #1577
Senior LCF Member
 
Saxy1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 910
Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/212/180
Jayce, I love coming to your thread because it's chock full of inspiration. I have done the "revenge weight loss" thing and ended up gaining it all back--I *do* want to lose weight and be healthy for myself, and I know I can do it. One of my main issues is thinking it's a race, and when I don't see results in a certain amount of time, I get discouraged and give up. I can't do that this time--I need to look at the big picture and realize there IS no healthy way for me to do it except for baby steps--I had a hard time on JUDDD because the high scale bounces frustrated me, even though I knew it would go down the next day or so. I like my plan, eating one big meal a day, and thankfully my doctor approves of it, as long as I nibble on something within the 22-hr fasting period if I feel I could use it.

Happy Friday to you!! Keep up the fantastic work!
__________________
Lisa

Hopeful that tracking my progress will keep me focused! http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...d-journal.html
Saxy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:42 AM   #1578
Major LCF Poster!
 
lexiann21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 2,237
Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/217/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
Happy Friday dear!!!
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:01 AM   #1579
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Blonde with a Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,582
Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
All around, much profound info here today!

Finding your way, for you...is the best way to go. Anything with revenge in it is bound to have a booma-rang effect. So many wise people on these boards. I love it!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:14 AM   #1580
Blabbermouth!!!
 
DesertGurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 7,337
Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
I love this, Danielle, and I can feel the weight behind your words (no pun intended) since you've "found your groove." That's an inspiring thing, and I'm glad to count you a LCF buddy.

There are definitely days where I struggle with positive thinking (most of y'all who read my journal know I deal w/ some depression and feelings of "detachment" off & on), and it really helps me to interact with people like you here.

I'm relaxing, in a sense, regarding losing weight, but that only means my attitude towards it has changed -- I am overall happy with myself & coming to a place of acceptance. I'm letting a lot of stuff go -- mainly old feelings of guilt, shame, fear, & even expectations that don't serve me in any way. I will keep working on making better choices daily b/c it makes me FEEL BETTER & will lead to a higher quality of life -- not just a smaller pant size!



Woot Woot for Friday! *cues Rebecca Black song* Lol.



Well, "ok" is better than crappy, sis! I hope you have a great Friday!!!

Well, I dropped my calories by 100 yesterday & stayed well under, so I'm happy with that. I poured myself a glass of sweet white wine, took a sip, but then decided I didn't really want it, so I poured it back in the bottle.

I do plan on having a drink tonight though b/c my bf came home early last night & took me completely by surprise! I was happy to see him, but kinda upset b/c I'd planned on cleaning/organizing & making him a surprise dessert Saturday. LOL. I don't know how I'll "surprise" him now since we live together, but I know he'll like it b/c he loves apple stuff, and this supposedly tastes like cheesecake too. At least this way we get a few days to ourselves before we get the kids full-time.

I was 221.2 this morning -- I'll take it! Not a huge drop from last Friday (-0.4), but it's still a drop. I'm happy to have lost the water weight from my little binge last Sunday. I plan on having a few "treats" this weekend, but I'm going to log all of it so I can adjust the rest of the day's calories accordingly. I will also be drinking water! TOM should be starting any day now, so I want to do the best I can not to give in to my hormones.

Happy Friday!!!!
Oh no you dit'ant....Rebecca Black...really? Now I've got that blasted song swirling around in my head!

This up here^^^^^^^ is the BEST thing you could ever do...the best gift EVER. Let go. It took me awhile to let go completely--it's been a work in progress for several years...but it's oh so worth it. Scary as hell, but worth all the effort it took. Embracing the YOU that is standing here right now is worth the love, effort, & kind words--she deserves to be nurtured. Pretty soon you'll see that all of that translates into making the better choices without even realizing you're doing it. Taking care of you is your most important job! Just trust the process, let go, believe in yourself and enjoy the ride!!!

Oh honey, I have "point-four'd" myself to death the last month--it all adds up!

Have a wonderful weekend!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:43 PM   #1581
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Tyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: TX
Posts: 15,338
Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
ummmm pal...I am so far out the loop! so happy for u and love u much!
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:23 AM   #1582
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jayce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,510
Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Quick report -- 219.6 this morning after I came home from the gym. Woot WOOOOOT!
Jayce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:10 AM   #1583
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Tyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: TX
Posts: 15,338
Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
wooooo hoooooooooooooo!
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:43 AM   #1584
Major LCF Poster!
 
lexiann21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 2,237
Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/217/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Quick report -- 219.6 this morning after I came home from the gym. Woot WOOOOOT!
OMG! woot!!!!!
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:07 AM   #1585
Blabbermouth!!!
 
DesertGurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 7,337
Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Quick report -- 219.6 this morning after I came home from the gym. Woot WOOOOOT!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:13 AM   #1586
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jayce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,510
Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxy1971 View Post
Jayce, I love coming to your thread because it's chock full of inspiration. I have done the "revenge weight loss" thing and ended up gaining it all back--I *do* want to lose weight and be healthy for myself, and I know I can do it. One of my main issues is thinking it's a race, and when I don't see results in a certain amount of time, I get discouraged and give up. I can't do that this time--I need to look at the big picture and realize there IS no healthy way for me to do it except for baby steps--I had a hard time on JUDDD because the high scale bounces frustrated me, even though I knew it would go down the next day or so. I like my plan, eating one big meal a day, and thankfully my doctor approves of it, as long as I nibble on something within the 22-hr fasting period if I feel I could use it.

Happy Friday to you!! Keep up the fantastic work!
I can totally relate to what you said...I can be very impatient with myself, and if I don't see scale results quickly, then I can get discouraged. I, too, have accepted that this is just a fact of life, and I'm going to eat in a way that's beneficial to my body in the long run. I am seeing results in different ways, and not just the scale, so I think we should all focus on these victories as well -- being less out of breath when exercising, sleeping better, being less bloated, having a "clearer" mind, etc.

Keep up the good work, Saxy! You're doing great based on your doctor's appointment results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
Happy Friday dear!!!
Thanks, Lexi! I had a very good weekend...this was the 1st time I've been able to indulge a bit & still lose. I felt completely in control, but was still able to have fun (had 2 "skinny" Long Island iced teas Saturday night...yum!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
All around, much profound info here today!

Finding your way, for you...is the best way to go. Anything with revenge in it is bound to have a booma-rang effect. So many wise people on these boards. I love it!
Blonde, I totally agree! We are not all on the same exact plan, but we can all be "successful" in our own rights. We can also learn from one another & gain support, and this board is a valuable place for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Oh no you dit'ant....Rebecca Black...really? Now I've got that blasted song swirling around in my head!

This up here^^^^^^^ is the BEST thing you could ever do...the best gift EVER. Let go. It took me awhile to let go completely--it's been a work in progress for several years...but it's oh so worth it. Scary as hell, but worth all the effort it took. Embracing the YOU that is standing here right now is worth the love, effort, & kind words--she deserves to be nurtured. Pretty soon you'll see that all of that translates into making the better choices without even realizing you're doing it. Taking care of you is your most important job! Just trust the process, let go, believe in yourself and enjoy the ride!!!

Oh honey, I have "point-four'd" myself to death the last month--it all adds up!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Thanks so much for sharing that, Dani. I really am *here* with you on this post. I am really learning to love me just as I am...sure, I've been through some bad times, but I'm still HERE, dagnabbit! Self-love is definitely a difficult process sometimes, but it is totally worth it!

P.S. You know you love some Rebecca Black! Hahahaha....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl View Post
ummmm pal...I am so far out the loop! so happy for u and love u much!
PAL!!! Get in here.... Lol.

Thanks so much! I'm feeling very "balanced" right now & content with my choices overall. I also have the love of a good man. It's freeing in many ways.

Welp, officially started TOM, so I'm not going to freak out about any scale jumps (was 220.something this a.m.). I'm definitely working on drinking lotsa liquids & have packed lunches the last 2 days. OH -- the bf & I are going to Luray Caverns in northern VA this weekend. He booked a room in a Victorian B&B last night, so I'm getting excited!!! It seems like a great spot for our anniversary celebration b/c we'll be able to walk to restaurants, shops, etc. as well as drive to the caverns, the garden maze, the zoo, etc. I found a gift for him that I think he'll really like, and I custom-made a card online that'll be delivered by Friday.
Jayce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:14 PM   #1587
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Blonde with a Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,582
Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Quick report -- 219.6 this morning after I came home from the gym. Woot WOOOOOT!
YAY!!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:19 PM   #1588
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Tyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: TX
Posts: 15,338
Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! enjoy!!!!
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:22 PM   #1589
Blabbermouth!!!
 
DesertGurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 7,337
Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Self love is probably one of the hardest things anyone can have..it takes alot of work, especially if there has been alot of hardship along the way. Realizing that you're much better for it is huge and exciting thing..I still shake my head some days and think why in the world I was so afraid of it Everyone around me benefits from my transformation and suddenly it's not quite so scary to me anymore.

Your trip this weekend sounds amazing! What a very sweet & romantic weekend Take some pictures, it sounds amazing!!

Dang, TOM is such a pain in the butt...ignore it, it will go away
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:42 PM   #1590
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Blonde with a Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,582
Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Self love is probably one of the hardest things anyone can have..it takes alot of work, especially if there has been alot of hardship along the way. Realizing that you're much better for it is huge and exciting thing..I still shake my head some days and think why in the world I was so afraid of it Everyone around me benefits from my transformation and suddenly it's not quite so scary to me anymore.

Your trip this weekend sounds amazing! What a very sweet & romantic weekend Take some pictures, it sounds amazing!!

Dang, TOM is such a pain in the butt...ignore it, it will go away
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:28 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.