Old 10-11-2013, 09:11 AM   #1501
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/210.6/175
WOE: diet/exercise
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Girl......I was SO grossed out! I've heard bad things about their food, but that really turned me off to their burgers. I hadn't had one in forever, and that was enough to turn my stomach. Very salty too.

Thanks! I am glad I went...it did my heart good to see my sorority sisters & old friends. I miss a lot of things about living there, but I do not miss the ATL traffic. Lol.

This is the honest-to-God truth...I don't have to perfect, but I DO have to try. I haven't even tried this week, in regards to exercise. Yea, I've had horrible cramps the last 3 days, but I could still walk at least 1 of those days. I give up on myself & my goals too easily -- I really need to do some soul-searching & figure out ways to motivate myself in some way each & every day. Yes, there will be "reward" meals & "rest" days, but those should be the exception -- NOT the rule.

I didn't weigh this morning...TOM is starting. When on vacation, I forgot to take a BC pill, then took 2 at once, then another late, so I think I jacked up my hormones. That may be why I'm having such bad cramps. Ready to feel more normal!

TGIF!!!! It's still rainy & grey here...it's been a nasty week. Ready for the weekend.

Hope y'all are doing well.

you should get the mirena put in, it ROCKS my world. i never have cramps and have such light periods that i only need like 2 tampons/month. the copay is like $20 if not free due to AHA and its good for 5 years and can be removed at anytime. doc puts it in during office visit.
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2013, 06:23 AM   #1502
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/215/211 Mini-Goal
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
you should get the mirena put in, it ROCKS my world. i never have cramps and have such light periods that i only need like 2 tampons/month. the copay is like $20 if not free due to AHA and its good for 5 years and can be removed at anytime. doc puts it in during office visit.
Hey chica, I had the Mirena last year and had it removed after like 5 months: I had horrible long-lasting mood swings on it for some reason. I mean, we are talking EVIL...lol. I did like the fact that I didn't have to remember to take BC, though.

I think I'm going to set an alarm on my phone like I used to do so I won't forget my pills...because I'm on the "mini-pill" (progestin only), it's important to take it within 3 hours of the same time every day. I really think that's why I had god-awful cramps last week.

On a positive note, when I weighed yesterday morning, I was 221.8. Happy with that number -- especially b/c I finally started TOM. I knew it was coming, but it took its good sweet time doing so! ANYways, I'm going to work on making good choices food-wise and getting back into exercise this week. I honestly haven't been to the gym in 2 weeks, so it's definitely time to get my rear in gear again.

I'm also going to make a serious effort to eliminate artificial sweetener from my daily intake. I know I've said this before & I've relented, but I really think I can do this if I make a determined effort. I seem to get dizzy/light-headed after using Splenda (noticed this after using it in my hot tea Saturday morning when bf & I went to breakfast). This cannot be a coincidence b/c I've had the same exact thing happen several times before after using it. This does not make me feel safe using it. Even though I have a hard time using stevia & getting used to its taste, I'm just going to suck it up & use it, hoping I get accustomed to it. I think I'm also going to use raw honey as well, especially in hot tea.

Consistently act on what you already know. If you wait for "perfect" conditions, then you'll never get anything done.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:54 AM   #1503
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
I love my mirena, I am getting my 3rd put in Feb, so 10 years I have had them with no issues and no periods, every now and then spotting, but very rare. I am struggling to just remember my vitamins, so if I were still on the pill I would be preggo for sure, LOL Although I guess I am close to soon not needing anything yeah for menopause!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:17 AM   #1504
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hey chica, I had the Mirena last year and had it removed after like 5 months: I had horrible long-lasting mood swings on it for some reason. I mean, we are talking EVIL...lol. I did like the fact that I didn't have to remember to take BC, though.

On a positive note, when I weighed yesterday morning, I was 221.8. Happy with that number -- especially b/c I finally started TOM. I knew it was coming, but it took its good sweet time doing so! ANYways, I'm going to work on making good choices food-wise and getting back into exercise this week. I honestly haven't been to the gym in 2 weeks, so it's definitely time to get my rear in gear again.

oh man that stinks. i love it! oh well not everything works for everyone.

congrats on the lower weight
Old 10-15-2013, 08:30 AM   #1505
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Hiya chicky!

Good work on the lower weight!

I eliminated alot of sweetener too..I only use a bit of Truvia in my coffee whenever I have it (not everyday) and my plain greek yogurt.. You can do it!!!!

Take those pills woman! Never tried Mirena..but I seriously think when that came out or I'd ever heard of such a thing my tubes were already tied

Have a great day!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:32 AM   #1506

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
Congrats on the loss!! I'm like you...can't do hormones, at all. I am like the complete opposite of my naturally calm, pleasant self..another beast comes out and I make everyone scurred, LOL. Because of that I can't do hormonal BCs but I'd recommend the Paraguard IUD any day...it's hormone free, can stay in for 10 yrs and you take it out any time you want to.

I mostly use Truvia too...I've been reading a lot of stuff about the negative effects of using artificial sweetners, mostly with apartame, daily. Great goal!!
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:07 AM   #1507
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/211/180
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart 1-18-14
Hello Jayce!

Thought I should at least say Hi, since I've read through your journal and found myself nodding, saying to myself "I completely understand" along several of your posts. It sounds like you've got a lot of determination to find what works for your health and stick with it. Congratulations on keeping up with the exercise--I tend to be a little too sporadic with that, even though I've got my elliptical right in front of the freakin' TV so I have absolutely NO excuse not to get on while I'm watching Judge Judy or something. Gotta find that determination somewhere.

Oh, and as a fellow BC Pill-popper (25 years), I feel your pain with the cramping thing--that's why I'm on BC...to reduce them. I tried taking a couple months off a while back and I could not handle the pain. I'm a pansy I guess.

Anyways, nice to meet you....and keep up the good work!

Hopeful that tracking my progress will keep me focused! http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...d-journal.html
Saxy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:06 AM   #1508
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
I love my mirena, I am getting my 3rd put in Feb, so 10 years I have had them with no issues and no periods, every now and then spotting, but very rare. I am struggling to just remember my vitamins, so if I were still on the pill I would be preggo for sure, LOL Although I guess I am close to soon not needing anything yeah for menopause!
Hey Amber! Good to see you back on the boards. I might be willing to give the Mirena another try, but I had a horrible time with the insertion also. Nausea, clamminess, horrible cramping -- yuck! I know my bf wants to have a baby within the next 2 years (originally said 3 & we're rapidly approaching our 1st anniversary, lol).

Quote:
oh man that stinks. i love it! oh well not everything works for everyone.

congrats on the lower weight
Thanks! For some reason, my weight was up today. I ate well yesterday, made sure to drink water, & worked out in the morning, so . Just hoping my body cooperates after TOM officially hits the road!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Hiya chicky!

Good work on the lower weight!

I eliminated alot of sweetener too..I only use a bit of Truvia in my coffee whenever I have it (not everyday) and my plain greek yogurt.. You can do it!!!!

Take those pills woman! Never tried Mirena..but I seriously think when that came out or I'd ever heard of such a thing my tubes were already tied

Have a great day!
Hi there, Dani! I really think I can kick the Splenda to the curb...it's really another one of those habits I've had for a long time (1st tried it in 2003 when I LC'd initially). I have used my liquid stevia the past few mornings. I'll be honest -- not crazy about it at all, but I'm going to see if I can find more palatable options. I'm also going to find some local raw honey to use b/c I believe in its health benefits & don't mind the carbs in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Congrats on the loss!! I'm like you...can't do hormones, at all. I am like the complete opposite of my naturally calm, pleasant self..another beast comes out and I make everyone scurred, LOL. Because of that I can't do hormonal BCs but I'd recommend the Paraguard IUD any day...it's hormone free, can stay in for 10 yrs and you take it out any time you want to.

I mostly use Truvia too...I've been reading a lot of stuff about the negative effects of using artificial sweetners, mostly with apartame, daily. Great goal!!
Thanks, Shari...wishing my lower number would "stick," but I think TOM is still messing with me. *Le sigh*

Some months, it seems like my hormones are more level & others -- WATCH OUT NOW!!! Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxy1971 View Post
Hello Jayce!

Thought I should at least say Hi, since I've read through your journal and found myself nodding, saying to myself "I completely understand" along several of your posts. It sounds like you've got a lot of determination to find what works for your health and stick with it. Congratulations on keeping up with the exercise--I tend to be a little too sporadic with that, even though I've got my elliptical right in front of the freakin' TV so I have absolutely NO excuse not to get on while I'm watching Judge Judy or something. Gotta find that determination somewhere.

Oh, and as a fellow BC Pill-popper (25 years), I feel your pain with the cramping thing--that's why I'm on BC...to reduce them. I tried taking a couple months off a while back and I could not handle the pain. I'm a pansy I guess.

Anyways, nice to meet you....and keep up the good work!
Hi, Saxy! Welcome to my journal! I had hoped to reach a lower weight by now, but I'm definitely determined to keep on truckin' & feel like I will reach my goals eventually. I think focusing on being healthier is helping me to stay the course...I know that being healthy will lead me to being happier, and that's my biggest goal.

I'm definitely "sporadic" with the exercise also -- this is one of my biggest struggles! I'm really working on my mindset towards it...it's almost like I view it as punishment, in a sense, and so I'm trying to re-frame my thoughts & attitude to a positive one.

Well, weight was 223.2 this morning -- MEH. I tried the ARC trainer at my gym early yesterday morning, and I really liked it. It's like an elliptical, but the movement is different b/c it has a wider range of movement (kind of like the Gazelle I used to use). I have been sore since using it, so I think that's a good sign! It definitely seems like it'll tone my thighs & butt, which is what I'm REALLY aiming for.

I'm going to a different Y location tonight that's on my commute home -- trying a Zumba class! I haven't done one in a long time (never got around to using my Groupon voucher for classes, shame, shame!!!). Anyways, I'm hoping it's as fun as I remember! I know I'll get a good sweat in.

I have to get a filling tomorrow at the dentist's...booooo, hisssss! I've put it off for awhile though, and it hurts when I bite down, so I need to get it done. Necessary evil.

Happy Wednesday, y'all! Hope you're having a great one so far.

Last edited by Jayce; 10-16-2013 at 08:13 AM..
Old 10-17-2013, 03:57 AM   #1509

Jayce I like the arc trainer too, it is good to mix it up, we have about 5 different ellipitcals so every week I pick one and then mix it up the next!
Old 10-17-2013, 08:26 AM   #1510
Major LCF Poster!

happy thursday!! were so close to friday! hooray!
Old 10-18-2013, 07:18 AM   #1511
Major LCF Poster!

I shared this on FB, but wanted to post it here too:

"Exercising always makes me feel good now. It makes me feel strong and clears my head and I also feel proud because I know I am taking care of my body and my health.

But when I started out, it was miserable. When you're out of shape, exercise can be very painful and emotionally exhausting. Getting started really is the hardest part. When your fitness improves you will start feeling the good things, but you may have to push through something you don't enjoy first.

I think of it a lot like getting my degree. Going to classes was not terribly fun. Trying to do it all while working and was difficult and not particularly enjoyable. But the end result, a marketable skill, made it worthwhile.

Since I have been exercising regularly for 5 years, I often remind myself how hard it was starting out and that keeps me motivated not to let myself go back.

If you're just starting out, have faith, it will get better. And when you find you can do things you couldn't do before, you will be rewarded for your hard work. It's okay to start slow and build up. Don't compare yourself to others, just try to do a little better each day."

This is from a page I follow there called It's Not a Diet, It's Your Life. I REALLY love this advice...I'm going to re-read this as needed.

Will respond/post a bit later, girls! Happy FRIDAY!!!
Old 10-18-2013, 07:50 AM   #1512
Major LCF Poster!

I woke up at 545 because i set my alarm to get on my elliptical this am, i was reading facebook and saw your post about being up this morning working out too so i dragged my butt out of bed even though i didn't want too! thanks!!!
Old 10-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #1513
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I shared this on FB, but wanted to post it here too:

"Exercising always makes me feel good now. It makes me feel strong and clears my head and I also feel proud because I know I am taking care of my body and my health.

But when I started out, it was miserable. When you're out of shape, exercise can be very painful and emotionally exhausting. Getting started really is the hardest part. When your fitness improves you will start feeling the good things, but you may have to push through something you don't enjoy first.

I think of it a lot like getting my degree. Going to classes was not terribly fun. Trying to do it all while working and was difficult and not particularly enjoyable. But the end result, a marketable skill, made it worthwhile.

Since I have been exercising regularly for 5 years, I often remind myself how hard it was starting out and that keeps me motivated not to let myself go back.

If you're just starting out, have faith, it will get better. And when you find you can do things you couldn't do before, you will be rewarded for your hard work. It's okay to start slow and build up. Don't compare yourself to others, just try to do a little better each day."

This is from a page I follow there called It's Not a Diet, It's Your Life. I REALLY love this advice...I'm going to re-read this as needed.

Will respond/post a bit later, girls! Happy FRIDAY!!!
Thanks for sharing that!! Happy Friday to you!
Old 10-18-2013, 01:06 PM   #1514
Tyl

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
LOVE YOU PAL!!!!!
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:48 AM   #1515

Jayce that is a great reminder, it sucks getting up at 5 to go work out, but carrying the extra weight sucks more!!!

I would not recommend the mirena if you are thinking of getting pregnant in the future, stick to the pill. Just in case it would damage your lining since you never carried a child, wow a whole year for you guys already time is flying, time for some bling on the finger!!!!
Old 10-21-2013, 06:44 AM   #1516
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Good Morning Jayce! Just stopping my to return some of the you've been giving me, thank you so much!! Have a great day my friend!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:53 AM   #1517
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Monday Jamie!
Old 10-21-2013, 07:47 AM   #1518
Blabbermouth!!!

Checking In! Hope the weekend was a good one
Old 10-21-2013, 12:48 PM   #1519
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I woke up at 545 because i set my alarm to get on my elliptical this am, i was reading facebook and saw your post about being up this morning working out too so i dragged my butt out of bed even though i didn't want too! thanks!!!
Hey chica -- glad I could help motivate you. You are always exercising your butt off, so you definitely motivate me!!!

Quote:
Thanks for sharing that!! Happy Friday to you!
Even though it's now Monday & I'm responding late, thank you! Lol. I hope you had a good weekend despite being sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl View Post
LOVE YOU PAL!!!!!
PAL!!! I haven't seen you here in forever! you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Jayce that is a great reminder, it sucks getting up at 5 to go work out, but carrying the extra weight sucks more!!!

I would not recommend the mirena if you are thinking of getting pregnant in the future, stick to the pill. Just in case it would damage your lining since you never carried a child, wow a whole year for you guys already time is flying, time for some bling on the finger!!!!
It is so hard to get up early & exercise, but I like that there are fewer people there. I also usually feel good once I'm done & showered. I don't mind working out in the evening, but I start resenting it b/c I end up getting home later, eating dinner way later, etc. I feel like it takes up my time to get home, eat, and relax -- especially if I want to hang out with my boo.

Yes, our 11 month anniversary was the other day, so we are getting close! I don't expect a ring though, LOL. Neither of us is in a rush right now, but we have talked about marriage in the future. We will be living together within a few weeks, so that's a big step for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Good Morning Jayce! Just stopping my to return some of the you've been giving me, thank you so much!! Have a great day my friend!
Hey, Blonde! You're very welcome! You have a sweet spirit that shines through your posts. I hope you're having a good day so far.

Quote:
Happy Monday Jamie!
Happy Monday, Lexi! The work day is almost over -- woot wooooot!

Quote:
Checking In! Hope the weekend was a good one
Hi, Danielle! My weekend was good -- thanks for asking. We went to a pumpkin patch Saturday, so we all picked our own (we're supposed to decorate them tonight). We also went to see "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2" & ate lunch there...it was a cute movie. I especially loved the talking strawberry character...LOL.

Yesterday I went to a local festival with my best friend. I'd gone a few years ago & was slightly disappointed b/c there were fewer vendors this year. I was looking for this funky jewelry booth, but she wasn't there. I did end up buying a homemade scarf for my sister, and I got some dangly earrings. I also tried a deep-fried Snickers! It was good, but it didn't take me to another realm of delight or anything. Hahahaha...

Scale was up a bit to 224.4 this morning, but I wasn't surprised after the "fair food" (my best friend & I split mac/cheese bites & a Philly too). We did walk quite a bit, but I figured I'd have some water weight as aftermath.

Hitting the gym after work...planning on doing treadmill or Arc trainer.

I'm a little over 1000 calories right now, so I'm doing pretty good in that area. Need to drink more water before the work day's over!

Ok, so here's a NSV: Another coworker asked me if I was losing weight, and I told him yes, I was trying. He said, "I can tell. You're looking slim." He is the 3rd coworker to say something. I need to remember how good that feels when I'm tempted to "give up" on my long term goals!!!

Last edited by Jayce; 10-21-2013 at 12:54 PM..
Old 10-21-2013, 01:11 PM   #1520
Major LCF Poster!

congrats on the NSV!!!
Old 10-22-2013, 05:29 AM   #1521
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
congrats on the NSV!!!
Thanks, chicky! I am trying not to *just* focus on the scale -- sometimes that is easier said than done.

223.4 this morning, so it looks like the bloat is coming down. I actually had chicken/shrimp alfredo last night b/c my bf cooked dinner, but luckily my calories were low yesterday & I'd hit the gym before coming home, so it all worked out okay!

I'm going to work on really getting in water today & tracking as usual.

Happy Tuesday! Took me over an hour to get to work due to terrible traffic, but I made it finally.

Last edited by Jayce; 10-22-2013 at 05:34 AM..
Old 10-22-2013, 06:13 AM   #1522
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks, chicky! I am trying not to *just* focus on the scale -- sometimes that is easier said than done.

223.4 this morning, so it looks like the bloat is coming down. I actually had chicken/shrimp alfredo last night b/c my bf cooked dinner, but luckily my calories were low yesterday & I'd hit the gym before coming home, so it all worked out okay!

I'm going to work on really getting in water today & tracking as usual.

Happy Tuesday! Took me over an hour to get to work due to terrible traffic, but I made it finally.
i need to do that. the little *&^%*^ is pissing me off!

i saw that pic, it looked delish!
Old 10-22-2013, 06:22 AM   #1523
Senior LCF Member

Yes, it does feel SO good when someone notices and compliments weight loss--Awesome for you!!

Happy 11th month anniversary--my sweetie proposed after about 6 months, but we've been engaged for 2 years now...so no hurry with us either. Although, people are really starting to get antsy about it! We joke about taking off for a weekend and coming back married--not telling anyone, except for changing our Facebook status. haha Actually, the more we joke about it, the more it makes sense! We just may do that!

Have a great day!
Old 10-22-2013, 08:34 AM   #1524
Major LCF Poster!

Another status to share that I saw on FB:

You don't have to change yourself to make anyone else happy.
But if you want to change yourself, you can. I believe in you. Now if YOU believe in you, you're golden.

Love it!
Old 10-22-2013, 09:17 AM   #1525
Blabbermouth!!!

Wait! What? Deep-fried snickers?????? No other realm of delight? Really? that made me laugh!!!

Love that people are noticing your progress! That is the best feeling in the world, keep going!!!!!!

Moving into together...like how ya just threw that in there.. Can't wait to hear about the adventure!
Old 10-22-2013, 09:34 AM   #1526
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
i need to do that. the little *&^%*^ is pissing me off!

i saw that pic, it looked delish!
Girl, I think we all can relate! The scale can definitely be a *BEEP*!!!

Yes, he is a pretty good cook. He made a big breakfast Sunday, and it was delish. I so have to step up my cooking skills! LOL (But seriously).

Quote:
Yes, it does feel SO good when someone notices and compliments weight loss--Awesome for you!!

Happy 11th month anniversary--my sweetie proposed after about 6 months, but we've been engaged for 2 years now...so no hurry with us either. Although, people are really starting to get antsy about it! We joke about taking off for a weekend and coming back married--not telling anyone, except for changing our Facebook status. haha Actually, the more we joke about it, the more it makes sense! We just may do that!

Have a great day!
Yes, it does feel good when people make comments -- especially people you don't expect to notice or say anything.

Thanks! It seems in some ways that we've known each other longer, but then at other times, it's hard to believe it's almost been a year. There have been some ups & downs, no doubt! LOL. I do think we have grown together, though. Still learning along the way. That's funny about going away 1 weekend & marrying secretly...that would really throw people for a loop!

Quote:
Wait! What? Deep-fried snickers?????? No other realm of delight? Really? that made me laugh!!!

Love that people are noticing your progress! That is the best feeling in the world, keep going!!!!!!

Moving into together...like how ya just threw that in there.. Can't wait to hear about the adventure!
Dani, yes. I was almost ashamed of myself to buy that fried Snickers, but then I thought, "I'm American, dangit." Hahahaha!

Oh, so I didn't sneak my "moving in together" sentence by you, huh? We'd talked about it before, but I think the timing is right now. Big step for me b/c this makes me more vulnerable, but I know that I see us together in the future.

How are y'all doing today?

Last edited by Jayce; 10-22-2013 at 09:36 AM..
Old 10-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #1527
Major LCF Poster!

I love big breakfasts but never get to eat them anymore. Eggs, sausage, bacon, pancakes. OMG!!!!
Old 10-23-2013, 06:32 AM   #1528
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Good Morning Jayce! I'm so happy you're getting some validation for all of your hard work! I envy you and your BF starting out a new life 'together' and everything that goes with it. Oh to be young and in love again...as opposed to older and still in love (which ain't half bad)
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:57 AM   #1529
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I love big breakfasts but never get to eat them anymore. Eggs, sausage, bacon, pancakes. OMG!!!!
I love big breakfasts too, but don't have them often. We went to Cracker Barrel a few weeks ago, and I was disappointed b/c the eggs & turkey sausage patties were cold, grits were average, etc. I told D. that he makes a better breakfast, in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Good Morning Jayce! I'm so happy you're getting some validation for all of your hard work! I envy you and your BF starting out a new life 'together' and everything that goes with it. Oh to be young and in love again...as opposed to older and still in love (which ain't half bad)
Mornin', Blondie! Thanks -- me too! I get so wound up over the scale that it's nice when I can gauge success by other means OR help me get back on track!

I don't know if you'd envy our little spats...LOL. We are getting along better though...we definitely have different communication styles sometimes, so we're learning how to bridge that. It is "exciting" though to feel like I've finally found someone with whom I can picture myself long-term. I've never felt that way before. Took me awhile, huh?

223.2 this morning...I'll take it. Didn't make it to the gym this morning...I was super tired. Will go after work!
Old 10-23-2013, 08:51 AM   #1530
Senior LCF Member

Big breakfasts rock! I'm actually doing the Big Breakfast WOE, but I usually have something like pizza or a cheeseburger. Pancakes and sausage sounds like a good plan for tomorrow!

Jayce, it's great that you're learning to work through you and your beau's different communication styles--that can be tough! I'm the big communicator in my relationship--he's the type that clams up when there's conflict. Frustrating at times.

It snowed this morning--I'm not ready for winter in Wisconsin yet!