LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 06:21 AM   #1471
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Holy crap you are losing so fast!! What the hell are you doin? Lol!!

Great job!!!
Thanks, Jen! I think it was the increase in exercise, honestly. I still ate some items that weren't the healthiest choices in themselves, but I logged my food and made sure I was under my calories. The workouts gave me "buffers" in this regard. This past weekend I went over every day though by about 200 calories -- a large part of that was alcohol. Lol. I had something to drink Thursday through Sunday, so I've written off alcohol at least through the work week -- I may calculate in a glass of wine when the weekend rolls around. I also didn't exercise...I did some walking Friday night b/c my friend & I went to this fashion block party event at a shopping center, & I helped my bf move stuff, rip up carpet and carry it outside yesterday, but no set workouts. I should've gotten in at least one, so I'm buckling down again as of today.

Weight was 223'ish today (forget exact #, but I did weigh to gauge the "damage") -- I've obviously got some weekend bloat to get off! Plan of attack: NO alcohol during the work week, upping my water intake (aiming for half my body weight), packing lunches/snacks for work, & staying focused on exercise. Going to look over group class schedules to try writing out a schedule for my workouts.

Hope everyone's Monday has started well! It's chilly here today, but I'm glad Fall is here.

Make the commitment, invest the time, and do the work to make things matter.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2013, 06:43 AM   #1472
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/217/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
alcohol always makes me retain water. you should be able to drop that bloat within a few days.
lexiann21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:41 AM   #1473
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Glad you had a good weekend! I, for one, cannot deal with the bloat anymore from alcohol I've had to completely abandon my beer for the long haul, but I keep reminding myself that it's all worth it in the end. Right? Please tell me I'm right!

Yes, fall. We've got lovely 95 set for our lovely "change of seasons"... I guess I'm thankful that we're not boiling at over 100-something!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:09 AM   #1474
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
alcohol always makes me retain water. you should be able to drop that bloat within a few days.
I hope so! I had several glasses of sweet red wine last night, so I bet I'm retaining water like nobody's business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Glad you had a good weekend! I, for one, cannot deal with the bloat anymore from alcohol I've had to completely abandon my beer for the long haul, but I keep reminding myself that it's all worth it in the end. Right? Please tell me I'm right!

Yes, fall. We've got lovely 95 set for our lovely "change of seasons"... I guess I'm thankful that we're not boiling at over 100-something!
It's only like 60 degrees here now! It's a bit nippy...wore a zip-up hoodie over my outfit earlier. I was ready for summer to be out the door though. Living here, however, it can switch from 90 degrees back down to 60-70 within a day or so. It's wacky! Lol.

I am in a "Meh" mood today -- just trying to make it through the work day.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:42 AM   #1475
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
I hope so! I had several glasses of sweet red wine last night, so I bet I'm retaining water like nobody's business.

It's only like 60 degrees here now! It's a bit nippy...wore a zip-up hoodie over my outfit earlier. I was ready for summer to be out the door though. Living here, however, it can switch from 90 degrees back down to 60-70 within a day or so. It's wacky! Lol.

I am in a "Meh" mood today -- just trying to make it through the work day.
thats how nebraska weather is too. one day its hotter than hell and the next day you need a parka lol.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:05 PM   #1476
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
thats how nebraska weather is too. one day its hotter than hell and the next day you need a parka lol.
Lol! It's crazy, isn't it? I that you used the word "parka"...no one uses that here. Probably b/c we usually don't need something so heavy.

How's your day going?

I just had lunch...some left-over egg foo yung, a light string cheese stick, and baby carrots with light Laughing Cow wedge. I was hungry, but this should tide me over for awhile.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:01 PM   #1477
Major LCF Poster!

haha we don't really use parka here either lol i pulled that straight from you know where lol. but in winter we definitely need heavy coats!

the day is good because its over! lol going for a run then picking up the kiddos then picking up hubbys new phone (birthday present) then home to shower and make dinner.

mmm your lunch sounds good. love Chinese! I had leftover turkey tenderloin with a light string cheese and an orange. just had half a serving of protein powder to power me through my run later
Old 09-24-2013, 08:05 AM   #1478
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Mornin Girlie!

I (like Danielle and beer) have had to eliminate my favorite Pinot Noir. It stalls me so much and then makes me eat the wrong food...I'm only having alcohol on special occasions, at least until I get the weight loss going again.

You're doing so well, congratulations!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:37 AM   #1479
Major LCF Poster!

Just sharing b/c this meant something to me:

YOU ARE VALUABLE…

and YOU ARE IMPORTANT….

and YOU ARE NOT ONLY WORTHY OF HAPPINESS….but THAT IS WHAT IS MEANT FOR YOU.

Peace and rest and comfort is not found in the validation or acceptance of others, it is not found in acquiring things, it is not found in working your way up to the top of any ladder. It is not to be found after you have proved your worthiness to be alive in some way, nor is it to be found after you have given enough or worked enough or won enough. It is not found after you have felt accepted into some group or circle or relationship. It is not to be found after you make the prettiest art or fit into the smallest jeans or get invited to the best party. The yucky lies will feed on those kinds of things that are completely out of your control.

Really….the truth is…….the only real soul-deep comfort is found in PURE TRUTH……the same truth that is LOVE and LIGHT. By truth I don’t mean facts, and added up wins and losses and sparkly things…..I mean PURE TRUTH. The real stuff. The stuff that sheds so much bright soft light on the lies that the lies just kind of dissolve.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:38 PM   #1480
Atkineer For Life

Gallery: godsbeloved79
Stats: 237/224/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/9/2014
Thanks for sharing this ^^^ I love it.
godsbeloved79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #1481
Major LCF Poster!

I wish I could understand why I struggle with feeling disassociated with things around me. It's like I'm here, but yet I'm not here. I go to work because I have to pay my bills, but I just don't feel connected to things. It's very hard to describe to others, especially if they've never felt that way.

I don't know. I am just tired. I know I have good things in my life and people who care about me, but quite often, I question whether anyone can truly love someone else -- whether family, friends, or mates. It's weird, but I can't help it.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:28 PM   #1482
Major LCF Poster!

i'm sorry you are feeling that way. i hope your counselor/therapist can shed some light on this and help you understand why you feel that way.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:45 PM   #1483
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
i'm sorry you are feeling that way. i hope your counselor/therapist can shed some light on this and help you understand why you feel that way.
Thx, Lexi.

I wish I knew too. My previous counselor believed I exhibited signs of PTSD, which made sense when we talked about the symptoms. Ever since I was assaulted at the age of 18, it's like there have been "splits" in my psyche b/c I didn't know how to deal with what happened to me. I also carried a lot of guilt and shame for a long time.

I may try 5-HTP b/c someone here recommended it. I know I need to take it regularly though b/c that's the key -- not just taking it here & there.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:54 PM   #1484
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thx, Lexi.

I wish I knew too. My previous counselor believed I exhibited signs of PTSD, which made sense when we talked about the symptoms. Ever since I was assaulted at the age of 18, it's like there have been "splits" in my psyche b/c I didn't know how to deal with what happened to me. I also carried a lot of guilt and shame for a long time.

I may try 5-HTP b/c someone here recommended it. I know I need to take it regularly though b/c that's the key -- not just taking it here & there.
im all for supplements!!
Old 09-27-2013, 07:40 AM   #1485
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sweetie, I'm so sorry I had no idea. Feeling disconnected is such a lonely feeling, and when you do connect it's kind of scary because (you think) it might not last, speaking from my own experience, I felt that way a lot as a teenager.

I'm no therapist but it sounds a bit like depression to me. I agree with Lexi ~ I'm all for supplements, too. I hope you get some answers soon.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:26 AM   #1486
Blabbermouth!!!

What she said! ^^^^^

Hang in there honey! Definitely get to someone who can hear you out and get you going with some sort of plan that can get you back to feeling good. You do whatever it is you have to do and take care of yourself! No guilt, no feeling bad, just do it.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:22 PM   #1487
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes! Exactly what Danielle said! Do whatever you have to do to feel well and good.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:33 PM   #1488
Atkineer For Life

I agree with all the ladies above and I'll keep you lifted in my prayers for total healing.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:42 AM   #1489
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsbeloved79 View Post
I agree with all the ladies above and I'll keep you lifted in my prayers for total healing.
Ditto! I hope you're feeling better.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:29 PM   #1490
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/240.2/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Me too! Sending positive vibes and loads of hugs
Jenmay78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #1491
Major LCF Poster!

Hey, everyone...I had started typing replies to all of you the other day and then lost the post, so I never came back to redo it. :-/

Well, I stepped on the scale this morning b/c I weigh in on Wednesdays for a group here on LCF. I was not happy, to say the least. It said 225.8. Really...REALLY?!? Ok. Well, I don't have a magic wand to say "Accio scale!" and throw it against the wall, so guess that means I just have to keep taking this journey one day at a time.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:06 AM   #1492
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hey, everyone...I had started typing replies to all of you the other day and then lost the post, so I never came back to redo it. :-/

Well, I stepped on the scale this morning b/c I weigh in on Wednesdays for a group here on LCF. I was not happy, to say the least. It said 225.8. Really...REALLY?!? Ok. Well, I don't have a magic wand to say "Accio scale!" and throw it against the wall, so guess that means I just have to keep taking this journey one day at a time.
we've all been there. one day at a time. enjoy your trip to your college then when you return get back on plan you can do it!
Old 10-02-2013, 11:20 AM   #1493
Blabbermouth!!!

Hang in there, hon! One day at a time is all anybody can ask for. You got this!
Old 10-04-2013, 07:02 AM   #1494
Atkineer For Life

We got this Jamie! One step bite and decision at a time .
Old 10-09-2013, 09:44 AM   #1495
Major LCF Poster!

Hey, y'all -- I'm doing my best to keep from face-planting at my desk. It's been raining for like the past 24 hours and it's so dark outside. I really would love to crawl under a blanket, read a book, and take a nap!

Stomach is grumbling, so I'm going to go grab something. I forgot to pack my lunch last night and didn't get up early enough this morning -- I've really got to work on this aspect! I'm considering just getting a couple of McD's McDoubles and taking all the bread off except 1 bun half. I'm going to work on taking in less carbs b/c I think it will help me feel less bloated. I had bought a box of Triscuits and I swear I could eat a whole box of those with no problem...it's crazy.

Thinking TOM will be here soon b/c I'm feeling crampy and ick. On a positive note, I had a GREAT trip to Georgia and really enjoyed spending time with my sorority sisters and other friends. The pics turned out great, and one thing I was happy to see is that I definitely look skinnier than when I went last time (2010). That made me really happy! My weight actually went down a few pounds while there...it was lower a day or so ago, but said 224 this morning. Hey, that's a loss -- I'll take it!

I am struggling with not wanting to work out...I seriously battle with this. Not sure how I can help myself get over this aspect.

Anywho -- thanks for stopping by my journal. I greatly appreciate ALL of YOU!
Old 10-09-2013, 10:28 AM   #1496
Blabbermouth!!!

There's my girl! Missed you while you were gone!! So wonderful to hear you had such a great time. And hey, weight loss to boot!
You'll get back into your swing of things, I know it. Just remember what you want and why you want it. You got this!!!
Old 10-10-2013, 05:45 AM   #1497
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
There's my girl! Missed you while you were gone!! So wonderful to hear you had such a great time. And hey, weight loss to boot!
You'll get back into your swing of things, I know it. Just remember what you want and why you want it. You got this!!!
Hey Dani! Thanks for stoppin' by.

I know that I can get back into the "swing of things," as you put it -- a lot of it really does depend on getting the positive momentum going, and then all the little triumphs/successes start adding up. I know this applies to exercise too b/c I know how it feels when I get the endorphins pumping again, and I feel better with them in my system. Thanks for the pep talk!

So, last night I drove to my bf's b/c it was flooding in the area where I live...took me almost an hour to get home in the pouring rain. When I got there, I went straight for my heating pad and laid down on the bed. I told bf I wasn't feeling good, and I ended up falling asleep/reading until bedtime. I ate Triscuits for "dinner," but that was it. I think he was kind of upset that I stayed back there all night, but I really felt like sh%t!

Feeling a bit better this morning, but still cramping. Ughhhh...over it! Being a woman is no fun sometimes. Guys just don't understand!

Oh -- meant to add -- the McDoubles I had yesterday were gross! There was also something hard in one of them...it instantly turned my stomach. I don't plan on buying anymore burgers from them again. Just . Makes me think it's like "pseudo-meat" or something...I'd much rather get a burger that TASTES like a burger. Lol.

Last edited by Jayce; 10-10-2013 at 05:49 AM..
Old 10-10-2013, 06:44 AM   #1498
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hey Dani! Thanks for stoppin' by.

I know that I can get back into the "swing of things," as you put it -- a lot of it really does depend on getting the positive momentum going, and then all the little triumphs/successes start adding up. I know this applies to exercise too b/c I know how it feels when I get the endorphins pumping again, and I feel better with them in my system. Thanks for the pep talk!

So, last night I drove to my bf's b/c it was flooding in the area where I live...took me almost an hour to get home in the pouring rain. When I got there, I went straight for my heating pad and laid down on the bed. I told bf I wasn't feeling good, and I ended up falling asleep/reading until bedtime. I ate Triscuits for "dinner," but that was it. I think he was kind of upset that I stayed back there all night, but I really felt like sh%t!

Feeling a bit better this morning, but still cramping. Ughhhh...over it! Being a woman is no fun sometimes. Guys just don't understand!

Oh -- meant to add -- the McDoubles I had yesterday were gross! There was also something hard in one of them...it instantly turned my stomach. I don't plan on buying anymore burgers from them again. Just . Makes me think it's like "pseudo-meat" or something...I'd much rather get a burger that TASTES like a burger. Lol.

aside from that i'm SO happy you had such a great homecoming weekend!
Old 10-10-2013, 07:56 AM   #1499
Blabbermouth!!!

One foot in front of the other..it does not have to be perfect but just make an effort. Soon you'll be stringing all sorts of little things together and you'll be on your way. You know we're all here with you, we've all been down that road of trying to get going again. Anyone who said it's easy is a total liar pants!!!!!

I'm hoping you'll feel better soon..ugh, cramps are THE worst thing ever.

Be kind to yourself and do what you need to feel better!♥
Old 10-11-2013, 05:59 AM   #1500
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

aside from that i'm SO happy you had such a great homecoming weekend!
Girl......I was SO grossed out! I've heard bad things about their food, but that really turned me off to their burgers. I hadn't had one in forever, and that was enough to turn my stomach. Very salty too.

Thanks! I am glad I went...it did my heart good to see my sorority sisters & old friends. I miss a lot of things about living there, but I do not miss the ATL traffic. Lol.

Quote:
One foot in front of the other...it does not have to be perfect but just make an effort. Soon you'll be stringing all sorts of little things together and you'll be on your way. You know we're all here with you, we've all been down that road of trying to get going again. Anyone who said it's easy is a total liar pants!!!!!

I'm hoping you'll feel better soon..ugh, cramps are THE worst thing ever.

Be kind to yourself and do what you need to feel better!♥
This is the honest-to-God truth...I don't have to perfect, but I DO have to try. I haven't even tried this week, in regards to exercise. Yea, I've had horrible cramps the last 3 days, but I could still walk at least 1 of those days. I give up on myself & my goals too easily -- I really need to do some soul-searching & figure out ways to motivate myself in some way each & every day. Yes, there will be "reward" meals & "rest" days, but those should be the exception -- NOT the rule.

I didn't weigh this morning...TOM is starting. When on vacation, I forgot to take a BC pill, then took 2 at once, then another late, so I think I jacked up my hormones. That may be why I'm having such bad cramps. Ready to feel more normal!

TGIF!!!! It's still rainy & grey here...it's been a nasty week. Ready for the weekend.

Hope y'all are doing well.