Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #1441
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/237.8/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Hi Jayce! You are doing great with the exercise! So happy...You rock GIRL!
Jenmay78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2013, 05:25 AM   #1442
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsbeloved79 View Post
Hi Jamie,

Hope things get better, so you are able to get the workout you desire in. In the meantime, just keep active doing what you can.

I'm also working on eating earlier; nothing after 7 pm. I'll keep you posted.
Thanks, Lyn! I did bootcamp last night, and it was hard as heck! Lol. We rotated through different stations, and some of the stations changed towards the end to be more core-focused. Some of them about killed me...no joke. I was sore as soon as I left the gym!!!

We did have to do walking lunges with weights & some squats on the BOSU w/ a kettlebell -- the walking lunges hurt at first, but I tried concentrating on my form & making sure I pushed through my heels (imagine trying to wiggle your toes). That helped me with those. The squats on the BOSU still hurt, so I just did a shallower squat.

How did yesterday go for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Hi Jayce! You are doing great with the exercise! So happy...You rock GIRL!
Thank you, Jen! Glad to see ya here! Hope everything at your new job is going swimmingly!!!

I went to a 6:30 yoga class this morning...I thought it was going to be Pilates, but I'm looking to start both to help with flexibility and core strength. I haven't done either in years, so it's kinda like starting over again.

The yoga was actually helpful b/c it stretched muscles that were hurting from last night. Some of the poses were hard for me, but I was able to do most better than expected. I left a little early b/c the class is an hour long, but I have to be at work at 8 & it's at least a 25 minute drive.

Got on the scale and was irritated b/c it said 225, but I guess I need to remember that I'm working out a lot more than I was prior & to be more patient with my body (OH so hard). I did well with calories yesterday & drank a lot of water, so I know it wasn't that aspect.

Tonight I'm going to an oyster roast (my job bought us tickets), so that'll be interesting b/c I've never been to one. Still debating whether I have the guts to try an oyster on the half shell...Lol. Thinking about the consistency freaks me out! :P I'm going to keep my calories low during the day so I can indulge a little tonight...not too much though! I'm starting to feel like big treat meals on a regular basis aren't worth it b/c I really, really want to lose this weight & get in kicka$$ shape!!! I think having a taste of something I want every now & then will suffice for the most part.

Make the commitment, invest the time, and do the work to make things matter.

Last edited by Jayce; 09-12-2013 at 05:29 AM..
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:49 AM   #1443
Atkineer For Life

Gallery: godsbeloved79
Stats: 235.4/223.8/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/9/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Thanks, Lyn! I did bootcamp last night, and it was hard as heck! Lol. We rotated through different stations, and some of the stations changed towards the end to be more core-focused. Some of them about killed me...no joke. I was sore as soon as I left the gym!!!

We did have to do walking lunges with weights & some squats on the BOSU w/ a kettlebell -- the walking lunges hurt at first, but I tried concentrating on my form & making sure I pushed through my heels (imagine trying to wiggle your toes). That helped me with those. The squats on the BOSU still hurt, so I just did a shallower squat.

How did yesterday go for you?
Good Morning Jamie. That sounds like an awesome workout. Good job

It's been raining off and on here in FL, so I've been doing in-house cardio. Squats, crunches, and other On-Demand exercises. I've vowed to keep active and by all means necessary I am.
godsbeloved79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:21 AM   #1444
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/215.6/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
you go girl! i bet you're feeling it today but its a great feeling. means you're doing it right!!
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:14 AM   #1445
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
You're doing wonderful exercise QUEEN!! I love oysters but prefer for them to be fried..not the best when trying to eat healthier LOL. Sounds interesting though.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:41 AM   #1446
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Looks like you're doing FAB!

All I gotta say about oysters.....

Have a great weekend, honey!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:16 AM   #1447
Major LCF Poster!

Hey, everyone! Well, I ended up not going to the oyster roast after all b/c I took a shower, then laid down on my bed for a bit and fell asleep for a little while. Lol.

Had a quiet weekend, but it was good overall. I didn't realize that the Bud Light "Lime-A-Rita" has 660 calories (24 oz can)!!! O_O Won't be drinking that again b/c that's like a frickin' meal! For all that, I could just have wine or liquor + juice.

I had french fries Saturday from DQ for the 1st time in awhile...they didn't taste that good, honestly. I also had heartburn afterwards. I will still have fries ever so often, but I'm gonna make sure it's from somewhere that I really LOVE their fries -- not just "meh" ones. If I'm gonna eat them, then they better taste like a party in my mouth. LOL

Friday I didn't end up working out, but I saw my personal trainer Saturday morning (great session!) & then walked outside yesterday morning for 45 minutes. I also threw in some calf raises, leg kickbacks (not sure what they're called, but they're for your booty), & walking lunges (I hate lunges, but I'm forcing myself to do them...right knee is still a little "iffy" here & there, but when I concentrate on going slower & pushing through my heels, it does help).

Weight this morning -- 224.8. Would LOVE to see a loss this week! I think if I clean up my eating a bit, increase water intake, & stick with the exercise, then I should see something.

I exercised 6 days last week! That's a first in friggin' forever. LOL! It looked like this:

Mon: 3 mile walk outside
Tue: 30 min PT session
Wed: 45 min boot camp
Thur: 40 min yoga class
Fri: N/A
Sat: 30 min PT session
Sun: 2 mile walk / toning exercises

I think the fact that I did different activities made a huge difference in my mindset. I'm going to keep trying other classes & whatnot to see what I like, and just rotate things.

Last edited by Jayce; 09-16-2013 at 05:20 AM..
Old 09-16-2013, 06:10 AM   #1448
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Good Morning Jayce!

Just amazing exercise stats!! You are killin' it!!

OMGoodness, 660 calories in one drink? That's crazy! You could have had a chocolate shake....

Have a great Monday!!!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:09 AM   #1449
Blabbermouth!!!

You are doing AMAZING with the exercise!! I'm sure by mixing it up every time it feels like you're not really doing a whole lot...a good way not to get bored! Keep it up, you're a rockstar!!!
Old 09-16-2013, 10:53 AM   #1450
Major LCF Poster!

Hey hon! just checking in... quick read by!
Old 09-17-2013, 06:16 AM   #1451
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Good Morning Jayce!

Just amazing exercise stats!! You are killin' it!!

OMGoodness, 660 calories in one drink? That's crazy! You could have had a chocolate shake....

Have a great Monday!!!
Morning, Blonde (albeit 1 day late...hehe).

Thank you! I am really, REALLY working on my mindset/attitude toward exercise...it's a work in progress!

Yes -- I couldn't believe that drink had that many calories!!! It's deceiving b/c I picked it up since it said "Bud Light" on the can...cheaaaa, not so much. Guess it just goes to show you've gotta read the nutrition deets yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
You are doing AMAZING with the exercise!! I'm sure by mixing it up every time it feels like you're not really doing a whole lot...a good way not to get bored! Keep it up, you're a rockstar!!!
Thank you, Dani! I feel like if I can get the ball rolling, then I can hopefully keep that momentum going.

How are things with you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
Hey hon! just checking in... quick read by!
Hey, Lexi! Thanks for stopping by, lady.

So I peeked at the scale this morning -- 224.2. Woot woot! Going down! I missed my Zumba class last night (was running late), so I decided to do a circuit workout at home. I did squat kicks (something new for me -- found it online), tried squat jumps (hurt right knee too much, so I only did those through once), side kicks, kickbacks with resistance band, bridges with dumbbell on hips, "superman" exercise, 30 sec. plank, wall sit -- in between, I did jumping jacks, high knees, marching in place. I actually got a good sweat in, so I was glad I did it.

Had a salad with hard boiled egg, imitation crab meat, & a little cheese for dinner...it was yummy!

Tonight will be a session with my PT. Don't know how long I can see her b/c it's very pricey, in my opinion. I need to call or stop in the Y to see what's the deal with my app. I remember the PT I had there before was pretty decently priced, and I liked her.

Happy Tuesday, loves!
Old 09-17-2013, 07:39 AM   #1452
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Tuesday!! Mmmm, your crab salads sounded yummy. Salad is my new best friend.

Have fun tonight!!
Old 09-17-2013, 07:52 AM   #1453
Major LCF Poster!

glad the scale is going in the right direction!!!
Old 09-17-2013, 08:14 AM   #1454
Atkineer For Life

Good Morning, I'm so excited for you on the exercise. That's awesome progress!

Sounds like me and you both wanted french fries Saturday. I had some while at lunch with my sister and they were delicious. I got right back on track though.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:02 AM   #1455
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jayce. Jayce, Jayce, Jayce! Guess what day it is???

HUMP DAaaay!!!

Have a great one!
Old 09-18-2013, 07:08 AM   #1456
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Happy Tuesday!! Mmmm, your crab salads sounded yummy. Salad is my new best friend.

Have fun tonight!!
I love imitation crab...my bf thinks it's nasty, but I like it. I'm sure it's not the "healthiest of the healthies" (Lol) due to artificial color added & some sugar, but the carbs aren't bad, and the calorie & protein counts are good.

I love having salads at home! So easy to make & SOgood!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
glad the scale is going in the right direction!!!
Thank you! Girl, me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by godsbeloved79 View Post
Good Morning, I'm so excited for you on the exercise. That's awesome progress!

Sounds like me and you both wanted french fries Saturday. I had some while at lunch with my sister and they were delicious. I got right back on track though.
Thanks, Lyn! I am really working on changing how I look at things...I think that's making a big difference. I enjoy doing different things now...I feel like it's more challenging.

Yes, I def crave fries at time. As long as you get back on track, that's all good! You gotta have something you want every now & then.

223.4 this morning -- YAY! When I came home from the gym, my bf was cooking grilled chicken with sauteed spinach & cheese inside, as well as a steamed green beans/red potato mix. It was yummy & pretty healthy. It was sweet of him. I'm going to look for some new recipes to try!

I have bootcamp tonight -- it's 45 mins, I think. I did it last Wednesday, and it is HARDDDD! Lol. I had a PT session last night, and I was dripping sweat. I think I'm only going to do a few more sessions just b/c of the expense. I really like her personality & training style, but I need to save $ for other things (like car repair, planned trips, emergency fund, etc). My trainer teaches the bootcamp class, so I would still get to see her then.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:09 AM   #1457
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Jayce. Jayce, Jayce, Jayce! Guess what day it is???

HUMP DAaaay!!!

Have a great one!
LOL!!! Yesssss!

"Hump DAYYYYYY!" I walked into the warehouse to clock in and was saying that very loudly.

Hope all's well with you, pretty lady!
Old 09-18-2013, 07:16 AM   #1458

Congrats on the loss, you're so close to mini goal!! Bootcamp looks HARD LOL but the body's transformation is incredible, good for you keeping with it Happy Hump Day too
Old 09-18-2013, 07:57 AM   #1459
Blabbermouth!!!

Maaaaaaaannnnnn, I read the word "fries" and instantly I am smelling the ones @ Portillo's......with the cheese sauce. They're THE best fries EVER. Sometimes we go there & that's all I'd get

Great job girly, you're doing fabulous! Enjoy your bootcamp tonight!!
Old 09-18-2013, 09:04 AM   #1460
Atkineer For Life

Quote:
Thanks, Lyn! I am really working on changing how I look at things...I think that's making a big difference. I enjoy doing different things now...I feel like it's more challenging.

Yes, I def crave fries at time. As long as you get back on track, that's all good! You gotta have something you want every now & then.

223.4 this morning -- YAY! When I came home from the gym, my bf was cooking grilled chicken with sauteed spinach & cheese inside, as well as a steamed green beans/red potato mix. It was yummy & pretty healthy. It was sweet of him. I'm going to look for some new recipes to try!

I have bootcamp tonight -- it's 45 mins, I think. I did it last Wednesday, and it is HARDDDD! Lol. I had a PT session last night, and I was dripping sweat. I think I'm only going to do a few more sessions just b/c of the expense. I really like her personality & training style, but I need to save $ for other things (like car repair, planned trips, emergency fund, etc). My trainer teaches the bootcamp class, so I would still get to see her then.
That's a good idea. Perception makes all the difference.

Congrats on the loss! KUTGW

I'm going to look into some Bootcamps that don't require me to join a Gym. There is one that workouts on the beach for $10 a session. Not too bad if I do it biweekly and the other days; just power walk and do house cardio.

That was very sweet of your boyfriend to prepare a healthy meal for you. Shows that he is just as concerned about you being healthy, as you are. He's a keeper, lol
Old 09-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #1461
Major LCF Poster!

So I called the Y & found out I was approved for a discount -- $40 monthly as opposed to $63. Plus, they're waiving the joining fee right now through month's end, which is pretty good. There's a Y close to my bf's & another one 5 mins. from my place.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:20 AM   #1462
Major LCF Poster!

222.4 this morning -- YESSSS!

Fit into a smaller pair of jeans also that I've saved...love it!

Ended up not going to bootcamp last night b/c I stopped by the Y & enrolled there. Did 30 minute workout with several 2 minute running intervals thrown in.

This morning I walked for 20 minutes in my neighborhood -- it's so pretty there b/c I live near a park and there's a water feature. It was a relaxing way to start my day.

Tonight I'm having a drink or two with coworkers (for free, woot!) and then I'm going to Busch Gardens from 7-9 for a free preview of Howl-O-Scream (Halloween theme) since my friend works there. Should be fun! Will also get in more walking there!
Old 09-19-2013, 06:51 AM   #1463
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Love your enthusiasm and your great progress! You rock! Congrats on joining the Y, I think you'll love it.

I love to walk at the park near my house, yours sounds really nice! Have a fabulous Thursday, one more day til the weekend! WOOT WOOT!!
Old 09-19-2013, 06:56 AM   #1464
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
222.4 this morning -- YESSSS!

Fit into a smaller pair of jeans also that I've saved...love it!

Ended up not going to bootcamp last night b/c I stopped by the Y & enrolled there. Did 30 minute workout with several 2 minute running intervals thrown in.

This morning I walked for 20 minutes in my neighborhood -- it's so pretty there b/c I live near a park and there's a water feature. It was a relaxing way to start my day.

Tonight I'm having a drink or two with coworkers (for free, woot!) and then I'm going to Busch Gardens from 7-9 for a free preview of Howl-O-Scream (Halloween theme) since my friend works there. Should be fun! Will also get in more walking there!
you go girl!! im so happy for you!

your thursday night sounds better than mine. although i am making a chicken meatloaf from my new Bobby Deans "not my mommas cookbook" haha. so that should be good. and weigh in day tomorrow
Old 09-19-2013, 01:08 PM   #1465
Blabbermouth!!!

Great going with the scale today!

Aw, I'm so jealous about your walks in the park. It sounds lovely and an amazing way to start the day. ♥ I wish we lived in a real type of neighborhood, I'd probably be more excited about getting outside once the weather cools off.

Enjoy the Y! I can't wait to see how well you do!!!
Old 09-20-2013, 05:42 AM   #1466
Major LCF Poster!

Quick stop-in...will post more later. 220.6 this morning! I am psyched!
Old 09-20-2013, 08:01 AM   #1467
Blabbermouth!!!

SO proud of you!
Old 09-20-2013, 08:17 AM   #1468

Quote:
Wonderful!! You earned the loss and now able to wear the jeans you saved, what a celebration!!
Old 09-20-2013, 08:58 AM   #1469
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
holy crap, thats amazing!!! YAYAYAYA!!!
Old 09-20-2013, 04:04 PM   #1470
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/237.8/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Holy crap you are losing so fast!! What the hell are you doin? Lol!!

Great job!!!
Jenmay78 is offline   Reply With Quote