Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Take it girl!! Your power
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Ditto! Great post Jayce, thanks for sharing. Congrats on the loss!!
Thanks, y'all! I had a great weekend overall and have been feeling pretty darn good.

Up a lb. from the weekend, but I don't think that's bad considering I had drinks, dinner out, and some dessert Saturday. I had only had a protein shake earlier that day, so I think it balanced out okay.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2013, 08:22 AM   #1412
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/237.8/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Great job Jayce! Balancing is the key I think to a happy, healthy lifestyle. What type of drinks did you have? I love good wine and great company
Jenmay78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:31 AM   #1413
Major LCF Poster!

On Saturday evening, I had a Rumrunner & a drink called Parrot Punch (we went to a restaurant called Bahama Breeze). Both drinks were fruity, but I am a lightweight, so that's all I needed. Lol!

Yesterday evening, I had some pink moscato with dinner!
Old 08-26-2013, 11:21 AM   #1414
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/215.6/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
happy to read you had a great weekend. email me the deets
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:26 AM   #1415
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/237.8/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Those drinks sound delish! We have a Bahama Breeze here I think. I'll have to look it up.
Jenmay78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:11 AM   #1416
Atkineer For Life

Gallery: godsbeloved79
Stats: 235.4/223.8/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/9/2014
Good Morning Jamie,

Sprinkling some love dust in your journal. Have a wonderful day.
godsbeloved79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:24 AM   #1417
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Those drinks sound delish! We have a Bahama Breeze here I think. I'll have to look it up.
They were good...I love it when a drink is mixed properly (still tastes good, but doesn't taste too much like alcohol -- isn't "weak" either, though. Lol). The food was good, also. I was pleasantly surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by godsbeloved79 View Post
Good Morning Jamie,

Sprinkling some love dust in your journal. Have a wonderful day.
Hey, Lyn! Thanks for stopping by, lady. I will take "love dust" any day of the week.

Well, this morning didn't go anything as planned b/c I set my alarm incorrectly (still adjusting to my new fancy-schmancy phone) and bf slept in way longer than usual. As a result, we didn't get up till 7'ish, and I'm normally up by 6 at the latest. That meant I didn't have time to drive to my place and get ready, so I couldn't weigh. I was way under calories yesterday, so I wanted to see where I stood this morning. Guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow! I don't even have on any makeup right now...didn't have time for that either (especially b/c I forgot my gas tank was on "E").

No set plans as of yet...I have a first appt. with a counselor this afternoon, so it'll be interesting to see how it goes. I may go to a book club meeting tomorrow night, but I haven't finished the book (it just came off hold a couple days ago at the library). I may see if I can knock it out tonight/tomorrow!

I'm struggling with the exercise aspect, which is usually what happens. I am trying to work on my attitude towards it -- I view it as a "hassle" b/c it interrupts my routine.

Make the commitment, invest the time, and do the work to make things matter.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:07 AM   #1418
Major LCF Poster!

i hope your appt goes well!
Old 09-03-2013, 06:32 AM   #1419
Major LCF Poster!

I am in a mood this morning! I woke up with a headache -- probably sinus-related b/c I've been really congested. Felt yucky yesterday b/c I drank too much Sunday at our friend's bbq. My bf & I literally did nothing all day yesterday. Weighed this morning and probably shouldn't have...I am up like 3-ish pounds. Ughhhh...

Am already over this work day...lol. Terrible, I know.

Last edited by Jayce; 09-03-2013 at 06:33 AM..
Old 09-03-2013, 07:29 AM   #1420
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
I am in a mood this morning! I woke up with a headache -- probably sinus-related b/c I've been really congested. Felt yucky yesterday b/c I drank too much Sunday at our friend's bbq. My bf & I literally did nothing all day yesterday. Weighed this morning and probably shouldn't have...I am up like 3-ish pounds. Ughhhh...

Am already over this work day...lol. Terrible, I know.
lol i haven't weighed since friday for that very reason sorry you're feeling icky! least its a short week!

im fasting today and thursday and NOT weighing until Friday am! just praying to maintain!

hope you start feeling better soon!
Old 09-03-2013, 12:36 PM   #1421
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
lol i haven't weighed since friday for that very reason sorry you're feeling icky! least its a short week!

im fasting today and thursday and NOT weighing until Friday am! just praying to maintain!

hope you start feeling better soon!
Yes, I'll take one less work day -- yes MA'AM! Lol.

Hope your fast day has gone by quickly so far...I'd be a huge b*tch if I did that today. Haha!

It is about to rain cats n' dogs here...I'm hoping it'll be done by the time I have to drive home. Lord knows these people in Hampton Roads cannot drive in any form of precipitation!
Old 09-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #1422
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yes, I'll take one less work day -- yes MA'AM! Lol.

Hope your fast day has gone by quickly so far...I'd be a huge b*tch if I did that today. Haha!

It is about to rain cats n' dogs here...I'm hoping it'll be done by the time I have to drive home. Lord knows these people in Hampton Roads cannot drive in any form of precipitation!
its been going amazing!! All i've had so far is a 200 calorie lean cuisine and im not hungry at all... Thursdays will definitely be harder.

oh lawd, i HATE bad drivers!
Old 09-04-2013, 05:45 AM   #1423
Major LCF Poster!

Oohwee, these cramps are no fun right now! Started yesterday evening and have been kicking my butt since. :-/

Staying home tonight...already told my bf. I'm volunteering at the Ronald McDonald House in the morning (my job cooks/serves breakfast there from time to time).

Not much to say right now...feeling just "meh" mainly b/c of hormones, cramps, bloating, etc.

At least it's already midway through the work week, though! Small blessings!

Last edited by Jayce; 09-04-2013 at 05:48 AM..
Old 09-04-2013, 06:13 AM   #1424
Major LCF Poster!

Girl i am SO happy its Wednesday already!
Old 09-04-2013, 08:23 AM   #1425
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Girl i am SO happy its Wednesday already!
MOST DEFINITELY!!!
Old 09-04-2013, 09:18 AM   #1426
Atkineer For Life

Quote:
Oohwee, these cramps are no fun right now! Started yesterday evening and have been kicking my butt since. :-/

Staying home tonight...already told my bf. I'm volunteering at the Ronald McDonald House in the morning (my job cooks/serves breakfast there from time to time).

Not much to say right now...feeling just "meh" mainly b/c of hormones, cramps, bloating, etc.

At least it's already midway through the work week, though! Small blessings!
Hope the cramps ease up . TOM just ended his visit with me. I've found in the past that low carbing really helps with TOM.

In the past, I stopped getting cramps and barely knew it was there. I can't wait to get serious about LCing and have all those benefits back again.

That's awesome that your job does the volunteering, I love to be a help.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:47 PM   #1427
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Checking in! Sorry about the cramps, hon. AF kicked my @$$ last week I thought I was dying Hang in there!!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:58 AM   #1428
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by godsbeloved79 View Post
Hope the cramps ease up . TOM just ended his visit with me. I've found in the past that low carbing really helps with TOM.

In the past, I stopped getting cramps and barely knew it was there. I can't wait to get serious about LCing and have all those benefits back again.

That's awesome that your job does the volunteering, I love to be a help.
Yea, sometimes the cramps aren't that bad, and other months -- look out now! Lol. That's great the LC'ing helps you with TOM...

Yes, I think it's great that my company supports each branch taking time out to volunteer. They give us paid time to do so, which is awesome.

I really need to look into finding somewhere to volunteer on my own -- it makes me feel good to help others. I used to volunteer a lot through my sorority, and it helps me get my mind off myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Checking in! Sorry about the cramps, hon. AF kicked my @$$ last week I thought I was dying Hang in there!!
Heyyyyy, Dani! Glad to see you back here! Yea, I am so ready for these cramps to hit the door!

Well, I didn't exercise yesterday, but I stayed under my calories by a good amount and I was down 3 lbs just since yesterday (obviously let go of some water weight). I will probably weigh tomorrow morning, but then not weigh again till next week.

Really hoping to get some good news from the Y soon! I think they have to mail you the approval letter, if you get it.

I may go to a Zumba class tonight...need to look at the times.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:29 AM   #1429
Major LCF Poster!

Read this on "Positively Positive" blog today:

If you want to supercharge your life, relationships, and work, allow yourself to experience more fear. Most people work to avoid fearful situations at all costs, but avoidance leads to a life that lacks purpose, passion, and fulfillment. Experiencing fear is a prerequisite to any type of positive change in your life!

Highlighted the parts that speak to me -- I definitely avoid things I fear, whether it's subconscious or just a reversion back to the "norm" or "comfortable" way of doing things. I've really got to break out of my comfort zone!
Old 09-05-2013, 10:44 AM   #1430
Major LCF Poster!

go get your zumba on tonight!!
Old 09-06-2013, 09:37 AM   #1431
Major LCF Poster!

Was 225.0 this morning -- I'll take it!

Haven't eaten yet today...just had coffee. Not super, super hungry, but my tummy's growling a bit. Going to have a fruit cup that I got from Chick-fil-A yesterday...I've only had 110 calories so far from my 2 Thermoses of coffee (added creamers & Splenda -- forgot my liquid Stevia).

I am going to Homecoming at my undergraduate alma mater the 1st weekend of October, so I'm going to buckle down and work on kicking booty in the meantime. My biggest focus is on my eating habits/tracking, but I'm going to seriously work on making exercise a priority...I also need to find ways to make it fun sometimes, too!

Leaving early today b/c I have a counseling appointment...fingers crossed that it goes well.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:50 AM   #1432
Major LCF Poster!

fingers crossed for you!!
Old 09-07-2013, 08:46 AM   #1433
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Hey Jayce, hope you're feeling better.
shari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:21 AM   #1434
Major LCF Poster!

Good afternoon, ladies!

Well, I had a good weekend overall: my bf met my aunt & uncle visiting from Charlotte and my mom texted me yesterday that they really liked him (my uncle is very outspoken, so if he likes him, then that says a lot!).

I met with the owner of a local gym (it's like 4 mins away from my place), and I've decided to do personal training sessions with her -- 1st session is tomorrow evening. She's pricier than the 2 guys who work for her, but I really, really liked her and felt like it will be a great match. She also does installment payment plans, which is awesome! I'm starting with half hour sessions and will go from there...not sure how many I'm going to buy though. I also bought a LivingSocial deal her gym has for unlimited bootcamp/fitness classes for 30 days...she let me try a free hour-long class Saturday morning. The instructor had us doing mainly kickboxing, then weights, then more kickboxing, weights, etc. We also did push-ups (ugh! lol) and core exercises at the end. I have been sore the last 2 days! Guess that means it worked, huh?

Planning on meeting some ladies to walk a trail this evening...it is through a group on Meetup, so this will be a way to work out, meet some new people, and get outdoors. I'm going to let my bf know where I'll be going, just as a precautionary measure.

So far today I've had a banana, coffee with 2 creamers & liquid Stevia, a Clif protein bar, and 2 white cheddar rice cakes. For lunch I'm having leftover chicken salad pita with baby carrots & Laughing Cow light wedges. Also brought stuff like string cheese & nonfat greek yogurt for snacks later.

I peeked at the scale Saturday morning, and I saw a great number! I'm not sure if it will stick (I did weigh 3x's and got the same #), but I'll weigh tomorrow or Wednesday to see. TOM should be completely gone after today. I did tell my bf I was excited b/c I'm smaller than I was when he & I started dating last November, and he said he was proud of me.

I downloaded the C25K app onto my new phone, so I just need to figure out how to make it work with music and/or radio app for the intervals. I also need an armband, I guess, because my phone is huge. LOL!
Old 09-09-2013, 10:39 AM   #1435
Major LCF Poster!

that is so amazing! im super happy you're getting your workouts in!!!

hope that weight # sticks! and glad you're smaller than when you and D started dating. thats so exciting. i have 20 more lbs to get to that with my hubby
Old 09-09-2013, 11:29 AM   #1436
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Lexi...I feel that the key for me is getting "excited" about working out. I know that I was over the treadmill, so I'm really looking for ways to try different things and see what I like (in addition to getting a good sweat session). I'm still going to work on my run/walk intervals b/c I'm doing a 5K in February with my sorority sister, but I'm not going to just do the treadmill. I started getting super bored, and that's part of the problem.

Yea, I put on a little over 15 lbs once we started dating...now my goal is to get past my low since '05-06. Once I hit 210, then I'll be seeing #'s I haven't seen in forever! It's exciting just to think about.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:48 AM   #1437
Major LCF Poster!

i think its really important to switch it up.

excitement helps push you. i think its good!
Old 09-10-2013, 05:17 AM   #1438
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
i think its really important to switch it up.

excitement helps push you. i think its good!
I agree with this...otherwise, it's like I get bored easily (especially when it's something like treadmill work).

Well, I did the 3.3 mile trail walk last night -- there were 3 other ladies who showed up. It took about an hour...we ran for some of the last part.

Gotta look at the prices for PT sessions & figure out what choice to make. I'm meeting her at 6 tonight!

My left leg is sore/tight b/c I pulled it last night towards the end (probably b/c we were walking at a good clip then)...might need to stretch it for awhile tonight before heading to my workout. I probably should've stretched beforehand last night, but I didn't even think about it.

I didn't eat much for dinner last night...it was like 8:15 by the time I got to my bf's & showered. He'd already told me that he & the kids had eaten all of the roast b/c the cut of meat was smaller this time -- that kinda bummed me out. Lol. I ended up eating a Gala apple, string cheese, & some imitation crab chunks. Not very many calories, but I didn't want anything heavy or carby.

Weighing in tomorrow!
Old 09-11-2013, 07:00 AM   #1439
Major LCF Poster!

Met with PT last night -- it wasn't a "normal" session in that she was trying to gauge my fitness level by doing different activities (ex. different speeds/inclines on treadmill, then jumping off for her to get my heart rate). I got frustrated b/c my right knee started hurting during lunges and when doing squats on a Bosu ball. :-/ I don't want it to keep me from being able to get in hard workouts, though. When I talked to my PT about it, she said we'll see how it goes and it may be it needs to get stronger...I really hope that's the case!

I'm either doing a bootcamp class or Zumba tonight. Ate a little much last night when out with my friend, but should've still been ok calorie-wise b/c I tracked it...I know there was a high amount of sodium though and we didn't eat until 8 p.m. or so, which I usually try not to do.

Weighed 224.6 this morning...hoping to see lower by week's end, which I think is possible!

Last edited by Jayce; 09-11-2013 at 07:12 AM..
Old 09-11-2013, 08:30 AM   #1440
Atkineer For Life

Hi Jamie,

Hope things get better, so you are able to get the workout you desire in. In the meantime, just keep active doing what you can.

I'm also working on eating earlier; nothing after 7 pm. I'll keep you posted.