Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2013, 09:36 AM   #1381
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
You had a wonderful day yesterday! Feels good to feel in control, huh? You're definitely on the right track---all those little successes will add up to huge changes in the end, and that is all that matters.
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2013, 10:25 AM   #1382
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/217/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
woooo! nice losses!!!!
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:13 PM   #1383
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/244/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/IE
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Jayce! Great job! Are you trying out IF? Also, what do you like to do at the gym?
Jenmay78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:15 AM   #1384
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Weight was still 226.8 this morning, so it's nice to see that I kept myself in check over the weekend (which honestly normally doesn't happen). Pretty quiet weekend for the most part -- I went to temple Saturday to hear my sister speak about her "journey to Judaism" (she converted within the last year), and then I ran errands/went grocery shopping for a few hours yesterday and then bf & I ate dinner with mom, sister, & brother-in-law.

About to take my lunch...going to drive to a nearby boat launch area & eat in my car. When the weather coooperates (i.e. isn't hot as Hades), I usually do this b/c I like to get out of the office & kind of be around nature. I can read in peace in my car too.

Lunch is natural PB&J (can't do natural jelly though b/c it is nasssty) on light Sara Lee Delightful wheat bread, baby carrots with light Laughing Cow garden veggie wedge, and 3 Nabisco lemon fruit thins (will be 1st time trying these -- I love lemon!). Drinking water, water, water!

I didn't drink coffee this morning -- I made hot tea at home and brought it to work. I am working on kicking the coffee habit to the curb for a couple reasons...one being that the higher caffeine levels seemed to trigger my anxiety attack last time, and I have also been having bitter tastes in my mouth, and I don't know if this contributes to it or not. I know it's not good for your breath though. Lol!

Jen, I haven't tried IF'ing yet...I did it without meaning to a few weeks ago, but that was mainly b/c the medicine I'd taken made me not want to eat at all. Sometimes I naturally don't want to eat as much though, so I'm looking into the concept. As far as the gym, I typically do run/walk intervals, but the past few times, I've been doing hill workouts -- I've been liking this b/c you pick the level of difficulty and then the treadmill automatically switches every minute or so. I felt it more in my legs/back of butt. I need to start doing home workouts again...I have Turbo Jam, Hip Hop Abs, multiple pilates dvd's, and Jillian Michaels for Beginners, just to name a few. I have SO much I could be doing, so the resources are there for me.

Make the commitment, invest the time, and do the work to make things matter.

Last edited by Jayce; 08-19-2013 at 10:19 AM..
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:30 AM   #1385
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Jayce!!

Sounds like a nice weekend!

As for the lunch, it looks perfect and healthy

I started to get hungry around noon. If it weren't for my social eating; I think I would have the weight loss in check. I love to go out with friends for lunch...there are healthy options I just feel like I cannot really depend on the calorie counter that they provide. Oh, well, i will not stop livin'

Let me know if you have any more questions about IF'ing...it was hard for me at first and now love it. I will definitely keep doing it through maintenance phase because I love the control it gives me.

Enjoy the scenery if you're able to go to the boat launch

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...g-journey.html
Old 08-19-2013, 10:57 AM   #1386
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Weight was still 226.8 this morning, so it's nice to see that I kept myself in check over the weekend (which honestly normally doesn't happen). Pretty quiet weekend for the most part -- I went to temple Saturday to hear my sister speak about her "journey to Judaism" (she converted within the last year), and then I ran errands/went grocery shopping for a few hours yesterday and then bf & I ate dinner with mom, sister, & brother-in-law.

About to take my lunch...going to drive to a nearby boat launch area & eat in my car. When the weather coooperates (i.e. isn't hot as Hades), I usually do this b/c I like to get out of the office & kind of be around nature. I can read in peace in my car too.

Lunch is natural PB&J (can't do natural jelly though b/c it is nasssty) on light Sara Lee Delightful wheat bread, baby carrots with light Laughing Cow garden veggie wedge, and 3 Nabisco lemon fruit thins (will be 1st time trying these -- I love lemon!). Drinking water, water, water!

I didn't drink coffee this morning -- I made hot tea at home and brought it to work. I am working on kicking the coffee habit to the curb for a couple reasons...one being that the higher caffeine levels seemed to trigger my anxiety attack last time, and I have also been having bitter tastes in my mouth, and I don't know if this contributes to it or not. I know it's not good for your breath though. Lol!

Jen, I haven't tried IF'ing yet...I did it without meaning to a few weeks ago, but that was mainly b/c the medicine I'd taken made me not want to eat at all. Sometimes I naturally don't want to eat as much though, so I'm looking into the concept. As far as the gym, I typically do run/walk intervals, but the past few times, I've been doing hill workouts -- I've been liking this b/c you pick the level of difficulty and then the treadmill automatically switches every minute or so. I felt it more in my legs/back of butt. I need to start doing home workouts again...I have Turbo Jam, Hip Hop Abs, multiple pilates dvd's, and Jillian Michaels for Beginners, just to name a few. I have SO much I could be doing, so the resources are there for me.

congrats on maintaining over the weekend!! that is shaping up to be a big loss for you... do you have an "official" weigh in day?

your lunch sounds really good, partly because im fasting and haven't eaten yet, 3 more minutes and its lunch time. i might go out for a quick 15 minute walk before hand.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:22 PM   #1387
Major LCF Poster!

Hey ladies -- thanks for stopping by and listening to me ramble. Hehe...

Yes, lunch was good. I really am somewhat addicted to baby carrots and Laughing Cow wedges as a snack or "side" for lunch...I guess that's a good thing considering I used to eat fries or chips instead on an almost daily basis! I loved the lemon fruit thins...they kind of have a tea biscuit consistency, which I like a lot.

I don't have an official WI day, although I moreso track it on Fridays. I would love to be past 225 soon b/c then I'll feel like I'm on the downslope of this decade.

Lexi, were you able to get a quick walk in?

Jen, I understand how eating out with friends and/or coworkers can make it more difficult...I used to have people commenting on my low-carb choices, but they were eating horrible stuff. Lol. It is what it is, though!

Last edited by Jayce; 08-19-2013 at 12:23 PM..
Old 08-19-2013, 12:53 PM   #1388
Major LCF Poster!

Oh -- meant to mention, I've purchased some additional supplements. I took my Rainbow Light food-based women's multivitamin, and I've added in 2000 iu Vitamin D3, a Calcium/Magnesium/Vitamin D supplement, and I'm waiting on an organic fish oil 1000 mg supplement to arrive in a shipment. I also took a Tbs of coconut oil this morning before drinking my protein shake, and I have actually been in a pretty good mood today. I am going to keep taking these supps. to see if I can maintain my moods naturally, which would be awesome. I'm not open to taking drugs that make me feel nauseated or that I'm not in my body, so I am going to do my best to take care of myself like I should. I'm sure better eating will help as well.

I haven't had a panic attack since my bad one a few weeks ago, so that is something to note.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:00 PM   #1389
Major LCF Poster!

yes i did walk if you keep eating like you are today you're bound to see 225 soon!

happy that you're natural medicinal regiment you're on seems to be working, thats obviously better than the drug route. ive heard great things about fish oil too.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #1390
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Jayce!!

I am going to stick to my own lunches for the rest of the week. I didn't do terribly but already at 800ish calories. That will leave me with around 500 to play with for the rest of the day. My goal is to stay at or under 1300 this week. I don't have a problem with this except on the weekends

I had a grilled chicken sandwich with bacon and cheddar, some potato wedges, and water. I only ate half the sandwich. This is something i do when I eat out to help with the higher calorie meals and something I learned by reading Bethany Frankel books

I know what you mean by co-worker comments. I've decided to go for healthy and tasty when lunching with co-workers. I try to keep it to a minimum, but lately it has been hard even though I have my lunch here
Old 08-19-2013, 01:08 PM   #1391
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, i love the supplements that you are taking...much better than alien toxins they call anti-depressants
Old 08-20-2013, 09:09 AM   #1392
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
yes i did walk if you keep eating like you are today you're bound to see 225 soon!

happy that you're natural medicinal regiment you're on seems to be working, thats obviously better than the drug route. ive heard great things about fish oil too.
Girl, I hope so! I am very close to reaching my weight that I was when D. & I began dating: I was 224.4 the day after he asked me to be exclusive. Only reason I know that is b/c it's in my LCF journal...lol! I am glad that I'm getting back down to business though with my eating & exercise. It's always been hard for me not to gain weight when I started dating & eating out more often.

I will be very happy if using these natural vitamins/supplements can contribute to a better mindset and overall feeling. It doesn't hurt to try!!! I'm excited to try this brand of fish oil not only b/c it's organic, but also b/c the gelcaps are orange-flavored, so people said that they didn't experience the fishy "burps" you can get afterward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Hi Jayce!!

I am going to stick to my own lunches for the rest of the week. I didn't do terribly but already at 800ish calories. That will leave me with around 500 to play with for the rest of the day. My goal is to stay at or under 1300 this week. I don't have a problem with this except on the weekends

I had a grilled chicken sandwich with bacon and cheddar, some potato wedges, and water. I only ate half the sandwich. This is something i do when I eat out to help with the higher calorie meals and something I learned by reading Bethany Frankel books

I know what you mean by co-worker comments. I've decided to go for healthy and tasty when lunching with co-workers. I try to keep it to a minimum, but lately it has been hard even though I have my lunch here
I like the idea of saving half of your meal for later -- I've tried to start doing this more b/c I'm really, really working on paying more attention to whether I'm full or not. I have a bad habit of eating too quickly when I'm hungry, and then I realize I ate more than needed b/c I start feeling uncomfortably full. I need to s-l-o-w down!

What kind of things do you like to pack for lunches when you bring them?

Quote:
Oh, i love the supplements that you are taking...much better than alien toxins they call anti-depressants
Thanks for the feedback. I was willing to try antideppresants/anxiety meds if necessary; however, the one does of Paxil I tried was enough to sway me in the direction of trying natural remedies first. I literally felt sick for days after taking that medicine, and it was almost like I wasn't in my body -- hard to describe, but I kinda felt like I was "floating" and I couldn't even carry on a normal convo when my bf & I went out to dinner that night.

I am determined to find a way to feel better in all regards -- I have healing that still needs to happen, so I think eating better foods, eliminating sugar and artificial sweeteners as much as possible (without making myself miserable), exercising more consistently, starting a journal again, and talking to someone about my concerns/stressors will be the course of action!!!

227.0 this morning -- was a little sad b/c I felt like I did awesome yesterday, especially b/c I hit my higher protein numbers, stayed under my carbs & calories, and got a workout in. I know that day-to-day weights fluctuate though, so I'm trying not to freak out. Hehe...easier said than done sometimes.

So far today I've had a protein shake made with Designer Whey vanilla powder, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, PB2 powdered peanuts, small amount of plain oats & 1/2 banana. Drank that omw to work. I drank hot chai tea with 1 creamer & 2 packets of PureVia (a Stevia-based sweetener). Day 2 of no coffee! I've had 2% cottage cheese with pineapple & 1 serving of Goldfish crackers as a snack so far.

Lunch will be exactly the same as yesterday...Lol! I am a creature of habit when it comes to things I like.

Last edited by Jayce; 08-20-2013 at 09:11 AM..
Old 08-20-2013, 11:38 AM   #1393
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, so I've decided to apply for a discount with the YMCA (can't hurt to try, right?) and see if I get approved. It's $63 monthly for an individual, which is pretty high. If I'm approved, I'm going to cancel my Planet Fitness membership...I would have to pay like $58 to get out of my yearly membership, but that's ok.

Been doing some thinking, and I really miss having a gym that offers classes at the same location. I am also interested in possibly getting a PT again, which I did last time I was a Y member. They also have a "Women on Weights" program that sounds interesting. I wouldn't have to sign a yearly contract, so that is a bonus too. I guess I should've listened to my gut instinct and gone back to them as opposed to joining PF back in February! I am not really happy with what's offered there, and I am bored with just doing treadmill work. I know it's a "no frills" place, but I'm just underwhelmed by it overall.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:33 PM   #1394
Major LCF Poster!

$58 dollars to cancel isn't bad. i say if it will get you there then go for it!!
Old 08-21-2013, 08:23 AM   #1395
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning Jayce! Hope you are having an awesome day
Old 08-21-2013, 01:29 PM   #1396
Major LCF Poster!

Counseling appointment scheduled for next Friday...hoping that I like her!

Today has been...ok. Lol. That's about all I can say here. I made it through the work day, though, and I'm glad tomorrow is a new day! I can say that I have done well with my food choices today, and I'm still good on the "no coffee" front. Was tempted this morning, but I stuck with hot Earl Grey tea instead.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:57 PM   #1397
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Jayce!

So glad to see you made it to chat with us

As for counselors...so important for you to like. I tell my daughter each time she has a new one. If you don't like this one...we'll find one that you do like.

Well done on the no coffee thing. I love earl grey tea. Come to think of it...I love most teas

Have a great evening! Hugs
Old 08-22-2013, 04:58 AM   #1398
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/188.8/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Hey lady, hope you have a wonderful day!
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:19 AM   #1399
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi Jayce!

So glad to see you made it to chat with us

As for counselors...so important for you to like. I tell my daughter each time she has a new one. If you don't like this one...we'll find one that you do like.

Well done on the no coffee thing. I love earl grey tea. Come to think of it...I love most teas

Have a great evening! Hugs
Good Thursday afternoon, Jen! I have another appt. set up with a 2nd therapist -- I'm going to compare their styles and see what I think/feel. I've got a good vibe from both so far, so that's promising.

I like a lot of different teas, too. At the house I currently have Double Spice Chai, Earl Grey, Cinnamon Apple herbal, Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride, Constant Comment (it's yum -- made w/ orange rinds!), etc. Lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Hey lady, hope you have a wonderful day!
Thank you, Shari! So good to see you here. Thanks, friend.

226.0 this morning -- chea, buddy! Glad I made it past my binge last week and got back on track. I had a lot of calories left over last night, but I decided I wasn't really hungry and didn't want to eat more. I did have 2 squares of Lindt 70% dark chocolate as my after-dinner treat. SO good! I love to just let it melt on my tongue and prolong the experience.

Didn't exercise yesterday, so I'm hitting it after work this evening. Would LOVE to see 225.anything tomorrow. Lol.

I bought some Bragg's organic ACV last night...drank some this a.m. in water. I want to take this every day b/c it's supposed to be great for your immune system. I would like to see if it helps with energy also.

Not sure what I will do tonight...I will probably end up seeing a movie to entertain myself.

Last edited by Jayce; 08-22-2013 at 09:20 AM..
Old 08-22-2013, 09:30 AM   #1400
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Jayce!!

Good to hear about the therapist. You really want good vibes when sharing things with a stranger. The more you talk the less they will feel like a stranger

Congrats on the loss!!! So happy for you my dear Great going with not eating even though you had calories to eat

I loved LOVED the way you described the Lindt chocolate. I LOVE chocolate and freeze/refrigerate some so I can have the same type of effect. The slow melt on the tongue. Lol!

How many calories are you burning/consuming?
Old 08-22-2013, 09:31 AM   #1401
Major LCF Poster!

the sea salt soiree is BOMB! lindt brand chocolate.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:14 AM   #1402
Major LCF Poster!

224.8 this morning -- YESSSSSSS!

*booty pops in the corner*
Old 08-23-2013, 06:08 AM   #1403
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats!!! Thats exciting
Old 08-23-2013, 06:51 AM   #1404
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
224.8 this morning -- YESSSSSSS!

*booty pops in the corner*
OMG yay!! Congrats!!!!
Old 08-23-2013, 06:54 AM   #1405
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Congrats!!! Thats exciting
Thank you! I was so psyched...not even gonna lie.

I am going to read up some more on IF -- that's kind of what I did yesterday evening. I am trying to get more in tune with my actual feelings of "hunger" vs just eating b/c I have the calories available or b/c I'm bored.

SO glad it's Friday! Not sure what all's going on this weekend, but I'm definitely going to a roller derby bout tomorrow night with my best friend. I know someone who's on one of the teams, so it should be interesting. I've never been to one.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:55 AM   #1406
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
OMG yay!! Congrats!!!!
Thanks, girl! I think I've finally caught some of your mojo vibes. Lol!
Old 08-23-2013, 08:31 AM   #1407
Major LCF Poster!

This really spoke to me -- see below!

Drop it like it's hot...all the doubt, worry, frustration, stress and anxiety that has been robbing you of your health or causing you to lose sleep at night. Decide to live your life looking forward...not backward.

Examine yourself and be brutally honest with you. If you have habits, behaviors or choices that are taking you down the wrong path, or that don't represent the GREATNESS that is within you...face the truth. Make the hard decision to release these from your life. Don't allow these choices or habits to rob you of your greatest life or dictate your future.

Take back your power. Deepen your resolve to win. Intensify the pursuit of what you want. Practice calming your mind, going within and finding a place of peace within yourself. Live from this place. The mark of GREATNESS is upon you.

I love this! "Take back your power [...] The mark of GREATNESS is upon you." <3 W-O-W. I needed to read these words...I feel hopeful for the 1st time in awhile.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #1408
Major LCF Poster!

Take it girl!! Your power
Old 08-24-2013, 09:11 AM   #1409
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/188.8/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Quote:
Take it girl!! Your power
Ditto! Great post Jayce, thanks for sharing. Congrats on the loss!!
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:43 AM   #1410
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning Jayce! Hope you had a nice weekend