LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 09:06 AM   #1321
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
i do that too. i know i have a good man, hes not perfect but hes mine and its good to remember that when he drives me crazy.

one of my favs is the cheeseburger casserole on emily bites and the deep dish pizza casserole and the bubble up enchilada. YUM YUM YUM

hot as balls, haha! that sounds like SO much fun! You two will really enjoy yourselves!
Agreed!

Cheeseburger casserole?!? I'm hungry just thinking about it...lol.

Girl, yes...it has been so hot here. It makes you not want to do anything outside. I think we will still have a good time together, though.

Note to self: Bring batteries home! I keep forgetting, and I can't find where I packed my batteries upon moving. *sigh* I can't weigh till I put another one in there...lol. Will try to weigh tomorrow!

Went to gym last night -- OM-frickin'-G, was I hurting. For some reason, my legs hurt badly the whole time. I did one of the Week 1 C25K workouts, which was 25 minutes. I then decided to try the elliptical for the first time since I've started going to Planet Fitness...holy sh*t! Theirs is much harder than the one I used to use at OneLife Fitness. This elliptical is tilted much more forward more than that one was, and it about killed me. My knees were even hurting, which I don't think is a good sign...my feet started going to sleep also. I think I will stay away from that machine in the future. They have something else that's similar to an elliptical, but I'm not sure what it's called. I may try that next time to see if there's a difference. Anyways, I did 10 minutes on the elliptical even though I was in a lot of pain.

Planning on doing Hip Hop Abs tonight since my bf is going to dinner with his friend, and I'll have his place to myself. That way I don't have to worry about him watching me "tilt, tuck, & tighten"....hahahaha.

Question: This may sound weird, but does coffee make anyone else feel "weird," like kinda buzzed? I am not using Splenda in it anymore, so the dizziness seems to have gotten better, but I've felt almost "high" the last 2 days after tasting my coffee. I kinda wonder if I need to give it up again altogether. Don't really like feeling that way when I'm at work, and it honestly doesn't seem to help keep me from yawning for hours. I need to find something to make me more alert!

Make the commitment, invest the time, and do the work to make things matter.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2013, 11:20 AM   #1322
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/217/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
Totally inappropriate here but um ya sure you're "scale" is what you need batteries for at home, rightttt?!? HAHAHA just kidding lol
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:14 PM   #1323
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Totally inappropriate here but um ya sure you're "scale" is what you need batteries for at home, rightttt?!? HAHAHA just kidding lol
LOL! Don't feel bad...I had a feeling someone was gonna take it that way when I said something about needing batteries.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:55 AM   #1324
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
I actually thought the same thing. You're doing so well Jayce. Your birthday plans sounds really nice. Happy Friday eve
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:33 AM   #1325
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
I actually thought the same thing. You're doing so well Jayce. Your birthday plans sounds really nice. Happy Friday eve
LOL! I'm glad I entertained you all with my talk of batteries...

Thanks for the encouragement, Shari. I'm trying to make the good habits stick -- that's the hardest part for me. It's so easy to go back to my lazy ways, so I've got to be more mindful of my daily choices.

Yea, I'm looking forward to our little trip tomorrow/Saturday. No work tomorrow -- woot woooooot!

D. bought me some new shoes -- he actually got the same pair, so I teased him that we should wear them at the same time & match. Here they are:

So I did Hip Hop Abs -- Fat Burning Cardio last night. OMG, Shaun T. had me dying laughing! He says some of the most random stuff. I did have fun though...lots of "popping" movements. It seems like a good workout program to do in concordance with my regular walk/run gym workouts. I need to start rotating others too, like my Jillian dvd's (those are killer, but I can tell they work!) and my pilates dvd's (pilates made a huge difference in my midsection when I did it years ago -- usually only did 2 twenty minute workouts per week, and I saw results!).

Planning on hitting the gym this evening after work -- bag is packed and in the car.

Weighing tomorrow morning...hoping the scale is kind to me.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:41 AM   #1326
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
LOL! Don't feel bad...I had a feeling someone was gonna take it that way when I said something about needing batteries.
with my sense of humor i just couldn't NOT say that. i have a feeling you probably have a similar sense of humor to me LMAO!
Old 07-18-2013, 07:43 AM   #1327
Major LCF Poster!

NICE nothing wrong with a new pair of J's! i don't wear them but i LOVE getting them for my toddler!!

oooh weigh in Friday! good luck!
Old 07-19-2013, 07:08 AM   #1328
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Friday Jamie!
Old 07-20-2013, 10:14 AM   #1329
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Stopping by to say "Hey"!

Sounds like you're finding some great recipes to try! Your man sounds divine and helping your Mom was so sweet and thoughtful. He's a keeper.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:28 AM   #1330
Major LCF Poster!

How was the weekend away with D? Happy monday!
Old 07-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #1331
Major LCF Poster!

Down. Down. Down. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day!
Old 07-26-2013, 06:24 AM   #1332
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, so here's an update: last weekend with my bf was great. We drove to Richmond early in the afternoon, checked into our hotel (very nice, a suite), and then went to this great restaurant called Capital Ale House. They have almost 60 different beers, and our waiter knew just about everything about them, so my bf was happy. I had 2 different types of martinis, a Godiva Cherry one & a Pear one (YUM!). Food was good, also. We went to see "The Conjuring" later -- scary movie! People were going crazy in that theater, screaming & stuff. The next day, we took a historic trolley tour, which was pretty cool. There's definitely lots of history and beautiful architecture in Richmond. We then walked to a street fair nearby, and I browsed through stuff -- ended up buying a pair of wooden earrings for $5. I love them! Bf then drove me to a botanical garden that I'd mentioned wanting to see, but last time we went, flowers weren't blooming yet. He surprised me by remembering that I wanted to go. We ate lunch at a tea house there, then toured the gardens -- it was hot as hell!!! LOL! Thank God I packed long dresses b/c I usually wear jeans in the summer (I'm not comfortable wearing shorts). They had a butterfly room and an orchid room -- my favorites! Took lots of pics. We then went back to the hotel, I took a nap, and then we went out for sushi that night. I'm so proud of myself b/c I can eat with chopsticks now, which I didn't know how to do when we started dating. He taught me that skill...Lol. We grabbed some snacks afterward and went back to the hotel and watched a cheesy-ass horror movie called "The Infected" (HORRIBLE!!! Lol). He fell asleep and left me watching that travesty.

All in all, a great trip! My birthday was Wednesday this week, and my boss surprised me with flowers & a balloon, and then my bf had a beautiful, unique arrangement with 2 balloons delivered to my job. See pic below...

We got into a bad argument later after dinner, but it was mainly b/c I'd had too much to drink and I've been dwelling on something regarding a female friend of his & thinking he has feelings for her. He caught me looking through his phone -- yes, I've struggled with this before, if you recall me posting about it. This was the worst fight we've had, but we eventually worked it out yesterday night. I know that I have major trust issues to deal with, and I've got to rein them in if I want to have a successful relationship. One quote I found yesterday on line struck a chord with me: We doubt the positive qualities in others, but seldom the negative. The reverse should be true.
D. is the man I want to be with, and I know he loves me very much. I need to stop trying to control everything and/or always trying to protect myself from perceived harm. I do it subconsciously sometimes -- I was sexually assaulted by 3 football players when I was 18 & a college freshman a few weeks into school, and I got really messed up afterwards b/c I didn't ever receive counseling regarding the incident. My parents didn't really address it, and I wish they'd had. I've also had my father & stepfather (who later adopted me) let me down in major ways -- they both cheated on my mother, and the fact that my stepdad did so was mind-boggling b/c they were married 26 years and he was a minister up until a few years ago. I know it's a lot of baggage, but I also know that I want to have a healthy long-term relationship!

On another note, I haven't exercised since last Friday -- going tonight after work! Eating has been all over the place since last weekend, but I'm only up about 3-4 lbs, which isn't bad considering all the sh*t I've eaten & drank. I told my sister I want to take a break from drinking (I do this occasionally), so that should help with weight loss, also.

So glad it's Friday!!! Tomorrow is my bf's daughter's 7th birthday party, and there's going to be a TON of people there...it's going to be stressful for him b/c it's at his house. I decided to go b/c his daughter specifically asked me if I was coming, so hopefully his ex-wife won't act ugly tomorrow (she & I haven't been around each other yet, but she knows who I am). I just want everyone to remember what the focus of the day should be. I think my sister & nieces are coming, so at least I should have that support...LOL!

Last edited by Jayce; 07-26-2013 at 06:36 AM..
Old 07-26-2013, 07:04 AM   #1333
Major LCF Poster!

Im so happy you had such a great weekend away and such an amazing birthday... was the conjuring really that scary? we're going tomorrow night and im scared haha!

im sorry to hear about all of the trama in your life i have trouble trusting men too due to being cheated on. i've searched through hubbys phone before we were married, but afterward it made me feel really bad, just let down with myself. its hard.

bottom line if someones doing something behind your back, theres nothing you can do to change whats already happened. eventually the truth will come out. I would just try and trust him at his word and leave it at that... has he given you reasons not to trust him? thats hard too.

why are he and his ex doing the party together, not in a million years would i have my daughters party with my ex! lol my advice to you is to smile and be nice, you'll always be able to look back and no you did the right thing and were the bigger person and did nothing to embarrass yourself. she'd look like a dumba$$ if she was nasty to you and your bf would definitely respect you for keeping in classy at his daughters party even if her own mother couldn't.

Getting my focus and motivation back!

current weight

I eat to live, not live to eat!
Old 07-26-2013, 07:39 AM   #1334
Major LCF Poster!

Yea, "The Conjuring" is scary (not gory though) -- it reminded me of "The Amityville Horror" in a lot of ways. I definitely jumped in several places. The guy sitting on the other side of me was stomping his feet constantly & making noises. Lol!

About the phone snooping thing, my sister & I were talking about it last night -- I told her I get this weird "rush" out of it. My heart starts racing, my hands kind of shake, and I kinda feel flushed. I guess it's the adrenaline. She said she's experienced the same thing when she looked through her husband's phone. I truly believe you can get addicted to it! As far as him giving me reasons not to trust him, no, not really -- I've admitted to looking through his phone & FB before, and I usually find him saying nice things about me. Recently, he told someone that things were "pretty serious" with us. The only reason I know he had a crush on this female friend is b/c I looked through old text messages (from September, before he & I met). Apparently, they were kind of "talking," but she wasn't feeling him as seriously as he was her. He backed off b/c I guess he felt like he was in limbo. I got really paranoid after I found those messages b/c I guess I feel like she's competition. He's know her for 7 years and considers her one of his closest friends & is close to her family also. They hang out sometimes, and it worries me b/c I know he liked her before. He told me he doesn't believe in cheating and would never do anything foul.

His ex-wife doesn't have a place of her own right now...she couldn't afford rent on the house she was renting previously, so she's supposed to be moving into an apartment soon. They are spending a ridiculous amount of money on this party b/c that's what she wanted, but my bf's getting stuck w/ most of the bill. They've had arguments about it, but she'd already told their daughter all the stuff was gonna be at the party (ex. bounce house, cotton candy and popcorn maker, etc.) O_O I think she's trying to keep up "appearances."

Last edited by Jayce; 07-26-2013 at 07:53 AM..
Old 07-26-2013, 07:48 AM   #1335
Major LCF Poster!

oh man i left the updated "amityville" shaking after we left haha!! Maybe we should just go see the to do list... im glad its not gory like evil dead was! im going to sneak in vodka to calm my nerves haha.

yes that same thing happened to me too, it was scary thinking about what you "could" find but hoping you didn't lol. I can understand being paranoid about that other woman, thats why its almost good not to snoop. you wouldnt even know about the feelings he HAD for her (emphasis on had) if you hadn't looked. Id almost prefer not knowing haha.

oh i see. well hopefully it'll be a bday his daughter will never forget
Old 07-26-2013, 08:07 AM   #1336
Major LCF Poster!

The Evil Dead gave me anxiety! No lie...I left feeling tight in my chest for hours. Ridiculous! Lol. Drinking a little vodka before the movie might be a good idea...hehe.

Very true -- I wouldn't have known that he'd liked her before we met if I hadn't snooped. I think it's done way more damage than necessary b/c I've somewhat obsessed about it at times. Then, if I drink too much and am "in my feelings," then it's like I have word vomit and start questioning him again.

I am just going to think positively in regards to the party tomorrow -- I am sure everything will be ok b/c I refuse to act like a horse's rear end. LOL!
Old 07-26-2013, 09:10 AM   #1337
Major LCF Poster!

im still creeped out by evil dead, we just watched in last friday and now tomorrow night im trying to go watch another one? what is wrong with me?!?

yup, just have fun at the party, stay away from the sweets tho haha
Old 07-26-2013, 09:46 AM   #1338
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
im still creeped out by evil dead, we just watched in last friday and now tomorrow night im trying to go watch another one? what is wrong with me?!?

yup, just have fun at the party, stay away from the sweets tho haha
It's gonna be hard this weekend b/c my family is doing my birthday dinner/dessert on Sunday (since my bday was midweek). She just bought a small assorted cheesecake instead of making me a big cake like she normally does b/c I told her I didn't want all that extra sweet stuff left over. I think I'll probably eat very lightly for the majority of tomorrow and Sunday, and hopefully it will balance out the treats. Not drinking alcohol, so that should help too. I drank all last weekend.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #1339
Major LCF Poster!

ive got a big weekend of drinks and dinners too :/ just going to focus on maintaining...
Old 07-26-2013, 11:43 AM   #1340
Major LCF Poster!

Yea, sometimes I think that's the best plan for eventful weekends -- it's more realistic that way. Maintaining, rather than gaining!
Old 07-30-2013, 12:25 PM   #1341
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, so thoughts for today:

Back to tracking -- I have been doing it halfheartedly lately, and the laxness is showing in my eating. Toying with keeping my carbs to 150 or less and upping my protein...I'm thinking protein shakes need to be a daily supplement in order to hit higher protein levels.

Increase of movement -- I told my bf I'd like to start working out 5x's a week. I am planning on 3 days at the gym and the other 2 at home. I have tons of DVD's I can use...right now, I'm thinking Hip Hob Abs, Turbo Jam, or my Jillian Michaels for Beginners will make it into the rotation. I not only need regularly scheduled exercise for my weight, but also for my emotional/physical well-being. The endorphins do seem to help alleviate my anxiety/stress, and I think this may help normalize my sleep cycle, as well.

Integration of "new" foods -- This has been something I've been working on recently, and it's been a success so far. I now like cottage cheese, and I've also tried sugar snap peas as a snack. I'm learning that my taste buds can adapt to new things, and this will help me as I work on cooking more often (Cooked low-carb parmesan cod recipe last night...very easy & yummy!).

In addition to trying "new" foods, I'm going to work on trying "new" things in general. I am such a creature of habit, and I acknowledge this. I do not like stepping outside of my comfort zone, but I think I'd like to change that.

Weight this morning was 230.6...a little bit down from Sunday, but a little up from yesterday (lol). My 1st goal is 224 -- that way I'll be on the down slope of the 220's. I'm going to do a bit of journaling & reflecting on my own, and I'll keep y'all posted on how things are going.

Shout-out to Lexi for being there for me lately -- I appreciate it!

Last edited by Jayce; 07-30-2013 at 12:37 PM..
Old 07-30-2013, 12:58 PM   #1342
Major LCF Poster!

its been my pleasure. its so nice to talk to people who have similar goals, who you can listen to, give advice to, and who will do the same for you... I tend to obsess so its nice to talk to other people who feel like me

by the way on the topic of new foods edamame is REALLY good, you should try it. if you get sushi its a common appetizer otherwise you can find it at the grocery store in the freezer section with veggies. i put it in those "steamer" bags to cook then sprinkle with sea salt. so good and SOOOO healthy!~
Old 07-30-2013, 01:57 PM   #1343
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
its been my pleasure. its so nice to talk to people who have similar goals, who you can listen to, give advice to, and who will do the same for you... I tend to obsess so its nice to talk to other people who feel like me

by the way on the topic of new foods edamame is REALLY good, you should try it. if you get sushi its a common appetizer otherwise you can find it at the grocery store in the freezer section with veggies. i put it in those "steamer" bags to cook then sprinkle with sea salt. so good and SOOOO healthy!~
True story, chica!

Oh yea, I've heard edamame mentioned before -- I think I almost bought some at Trader Joe's, but I wasn't quite sure what the heck it tasted like or what to do with it. Lol.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:17 AM   #1344
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Well, I forgot that my inspection was due, so I dropped off my car at a mechanic's (luckily I could walk back to work). I'm hoping it passes b/c my brakes have been squealing a bit lately. I didn't really have a choice though b/c I had to take it for inspection today. We shall see...

230.2 this morning, so a little down. I still felt a bit bloated this morning...I need to take my Natural Calm again before bed b/c I think that's supposed to help with regularity. I didn't have a good breakfast yesterday; however, I tracked it and stayed under my daily caloric limit. Exercising after work helped in that regard, also.

My workout was a struggle b/c my shins & calves were hurting for some reason, so I didn't run as much in a row (broke it up to 1 minute increments). I will be going to the gym tonight also -- was planning on alternating gym & home workout days, but since today's July 31st, I want to make sure I hit my 2 a week requirement for reimbursement (gym membership subsidy). I haven't submitted it yet since joining: I've come close several times, but fell off at least one week out of the month. It's really not that hard, so I need to take advantage of this work benefit.

Not sure what lunch will be -- I forgot to set my alarm this morning, so I slept in a little past 6 (I have to leave bf's early due to tunnel traffic & driving to my place to get dressed). I need to start making protein shakes in the morning and packing lunches the night before...this will be a huge step in the right direction!

Bf was "down" for some reason last night, but said he didn't want to talk about it, which I respected. It annoys me, however, b/c he pressured me to talk about something the other night that I really wasn't comfortable talking about, but I eventually did b/c he was upset that I didn't want to tell him. How is it ok for him to then turn around a few days later and not tell me things? It's just frustrating. I feel like I'm playing a mind game, and it gets old. I'm also really tired b/c his snoring has woken me up the last several nights...UGH. I need to buy more ear plugs b/c this is not working.

Last edited by Jayce; 07-31-2013 at 07:32 AM..
Old 07-31-2013, 10:08 AM   #1345
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Hey lady! Looks like you are doing fantastic, I'm so proud of you!!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:01 AM   #1346
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Hey lady! Looks like you are doing fantastic, I'm so proud of you!!
Good morning, lady! Thanks for the vote of confidence...I'm trying.

Well, Happy Thursday, y'all. It's rainy & grey here...I'm honestly still kind of half-asleep. Coffee, STAT!

229.2 this morning -- woot woot! Only 2 more lbs. till I'm back at my recent low, and then time to keep on truckin' to better places. I'm shooting for 220 by Labor Day, Sept. 2nd (I just like having a point of reference, time-wise).

I got up at 5:45 this morning so I could pack my lunch -- I brought 2% cottage cheese w/ 1/2 cup diced pineapples (ate that already), baby carrots with Laughing Cow light creamy swiss wedges, PB&J on honey wheat, Trader Joe's organic popcorn, & string cheese. I have dry roasted almonds if I need another snack. I had a slice of Ezekiel sprouted cinnamon & raisin bread this morning before heading out of the house -- not bad! Should be good toasted.

I did a little over 2 miles last night at the gym. I alternated inclines, as well as did some running intervals. I've noticed my breathing seems less labored, so that's an improvement.

Bf opened up to me some last night -- apparently, he's had a bad couple of days at work and had to talk to one of the new guys (who's supposed to be his replacement if he transfers out-of-state next year). I'm glad he talked to me. I sat down & wrote out my August budget last night...I never did it for July, so I really need to buckle down on this aspect!

I had to buy 2 new tires in order to pass my car inspection yesterday, so that was $229. Thank God I had the $$$ in my bank account to cover it. I did notice that my car's driving much better, though, so I'm glad it's done.

Have a great day! Here's to one healthy choice at a time.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:07 AM   #1347
Major LCF Poster!

happy thursday!!!

your food today sounds good. i love ezekial! its so good for you and yummy. i always toast it though and add some natural PB to it.

great job on getting the workouts in.

im happy to hear D clued you in on what was up with him.

bills bills bills! they never go away!

my gym makes these shirts that say "one meal at a time, one workout at a time, one day at a time" as reward once i reach onderland im buying one
Old 08-02-2013, 06:36 AM   #1348
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
happy thursday!!!

your food today sounds good. i love ezekial! its so good for you and yummy. i always toast it though and add some natural PB to it.

great job on getting the workouts in.

im happy to hear D clued you in on what was up with him.

bills bills bills! they never go away!

my gym makes these shirts that say "one meal at a time, one workout at a time, one day at a time" as reward once i reach onderland im buying one
Hey girly!

Was under my caloric limit yesterday, so that was good -- a little higher on carbs than I wanted, but not by much.

Didn't work out yesterday, but I'm going this evening. I went to bed by like 9:30 last night! I was wiped out for some reason.

I was pretty productive this morning, and I'm proud of that -- I cleaned my bf's kitchen for him & packed my lunch/snacks & made a protein shake for my work commute. I have never been a morning person, but I'm working on changing my attitude towards it!

Didn't weigh this morning since I didn't go to my house to get ready...will check it out tomorrow.

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!
Old 08-02-2013, 07:14 AM   #1349
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Friday!!!! So HAPPY its friday! what a nice g/f to clean his house!
Old 08-02-2013, 09:12 AM   #1350
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Happy Friday!!!! So HAPPY its friday! what a nice g/f to clean his house!
YESSSSS! *fist pumps* lol

I'm nice sometimes... I just went with the feeling b/c I figured he'd appreciate it upon coming home.

So ready for lunch -- eating soon!