Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 09:20 AM   #1291
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,234
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Sounds like you had a nice holiday. I had to work on Friday too and it felt strange too. A lot of co-workers were off but since I missed so many days last month I didn't want to use anymore leave. Glad they did not find any problems on ultrasound.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2013, 01:26 PM   #1292
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jayce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,510
Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
Hi! happy monday! glad to read you had a good 4th!
Happy Monday, Lexi! Thank God the work day is almost overrrrr! I swear, between 3-5 goes slower than molasses most days!

Yes, my holiday was nice...how was yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Sounds like you had a nice holiday. I had to work on Friday too and it felt strange too. A lot of co-workers were off but since I missed so many days last month I didn't want to use anymore leave. Glad they did not find any problems on ultrasound.
How was your holiday, Shari? Yes, I'm glad that the ultrasound was normal. That at least gave me a definitive answer on that end.

So, I brought my lunch/snacks today -- I will confess that I had a regular 12 oz. Pepsi at one point. I also ate left-over spaghetti w/ meat sauce from our dinner out Friday night. Calorie-wise, it seemed okay b/c I tracked it, but I have felt soooooo sleepy ever since then! I bet it's the carb overload! I may have a bit of coconut oil when I get home to see if it helps wake me up. I was super tired yesterday too -- got home around 9 a.m. and read for maybe 30 mins, but then slept off and on till almost 3 p.m. What the heck?!? I have no idea why I slept that much. Any suggestions for fatigue/sleepiness?
__________________
JG's Journal

Make the commitment, invest the time, and do the work to make things matter.

Last edited by Jayce; 07-08-2013 at 01:28 PM..
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:33 PM   #1293
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Blonde with a Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,579
Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Hi honey! No suggestions except...sleep? Maybe your body was trying to tell you something? I rarely nap but once in a while my body insists on a daytime nap and I take it. I figure there's some healing going on.

Man I love leftover spaghetti! More than a fresh plate of it...Hope your day is done!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:01 AM   #1294
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jayce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,510
Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
I could probably nap just about every day...I have no idea why b/c I usually sleep fairly well at nighttime. ??? I am usually tired between 2-5 p.m.

I am going to work on taking in more water today. Went to weigh this morning and forgot I'd taken out one of the batteries so my scale wouldn't keep turning itself on during my move...now I don't know where the battery is. LOL! Gotta bring some home tonight. Packed my lunch/snacks this morning, but I did buy a sausage biscuit for $1.12 this morning from McD's...not gonna lie: those things are good. I tracked it on my food log and will adjust the rest of the day accordingly. Hitting the gym after work!
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:30 AM   #1295
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Blonde with a Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,579
Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
I tell the truth too, I love sausage biscuits w/ grape jelly. Dang that's good stuff!

If you're getting sleepy after lunch it's more than likely your food. I read somewhere that eating fairly low carb during the day will help you stay alert then having your more 'carby' meal at dinnertime will help relax you before you go to bed.

You must have a 'brain' job, where you have to use your eyes and your mind at work? I rarely get tired at work because I'm 'moving' the whole time but literally minutes after I get home, I could crash hard.
__________________
Eat good food, Not too much~2014
6/01~234
6/13~ 229.4
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:06 AM   #1296
Major LCF Poster!
 
lexiann21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 2,234
Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/217/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
I was SO tired this morning! I could have slept the morning away, darn work! lol! I had to get some coffee even though i normally don't drink it.
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:46 AM   #1297
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jayce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,510
Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
I tell the truth too, I love sausage biscuits w/ grape jelly. Dang that's good stuff!

If you're getting sleepy after lunch it's more than likely your food. I read somewhere that eating fairly low carb during the day will help you stay alert then having your more 'carby' meal at dinnertime will help relax you before you go to bed.

You must have a 'brain' job, where you have to use your eyes and your mind at work? I rarely get tired at work because I'm 'moving' the whole time but literally minutes after I get home, I could crash hard.
Yea, usually I think it's food-related, but sometimes it happens even after having mainly protein, which is weird. I work at a computer, so I stare at a screen all day...I think that mesmerizes me into la-la land! Lol.

I'd actually asked my PCP about getting a thyroid panel done, but he said the TSH was sufficient. I am seeing if I can get in with an endocrinologist to do a full panel and make sure it's nothing thyroid-related. I have many symptoms (fatigue, cold hands & feet, the "down" feelings, weight issues), so I'd just like to know "yea" or "nay." My sister is on thyroid medicine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
I was SO tired this morning! I could have slept the morning away, darn work! lol! I had to get some coffee even though i normally don't drink it.
I've started getting up 15 mins earlier at 5:45 b/c I sleep at my bf's house and the tunnel traffic can get backed up trying to get to my place. I still shower, do makeup, etc. at my place. At least it's only like 20 mins to work from there.

I needed that coffee badly this morning! Wish I could find a way to replace it...
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:40 AM   #1298
Major LCF Poster!
 
lexiann21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 2,234
Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/217/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
Traffic drives me insane! I hate traffic, i could never live in a big city! Lincoln is not a small town by any means but its definitely not big, it takes me like 20 minutes to drop my son off at day care and get to work lol. i don't think my potty mouth road rage could withstand anymore than that haha.
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:44 PM   #1299
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,234
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Ugh traffic, it's my part time job...the amount of hours I sit in it is insane! Yum, sausage biscuits with grape jelly is the best
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:13 AM   #1300
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jayce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,510
Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
Traffic drives me insane! I hate traffic, i could never live in a big city! Lincoln is not a small town by any means but its definitely not big, it takes me like 20 minutes to drop my son off at day care and get to work lol. i don't think my potty mouth road rage could withstand anymore than that haha.
Girl, you would hate it here...Lol. On any given day, a 30 minute commute could turn into an hour or more. It took me 2 hours to get home one night a few weeks ago...I was about to flippppp! There are too many people here and the road system can't handle it, especially b/c we have to use tunnels and bridges to get back & forth between almost every city here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Ugh traffic, it's my part time job...the amount of hours I sit in it is insane! Yum, sausage biscuits with grape jelly is the best
Yep...traffic is the worst!

Shari & Blonde, I've never even thought about trying grape jelly on a sausage biscuit. Hmmm...interesting.

Well, we're midway through the work week -- woot woot! Sent up prayers this morning for my coworker b/c she's getting a double mastectomy. She will be out for 2 months...will miss her b/c she's fun to be around.

Did 2.01 miles at the gym last night...was one of my difficult workouts. It's interesting how some feel so much harder than others. My legs actually felt pretty good by the end, but my breathing is still the hardest part for me. I was huffing & puffing like the Big Bad Wolf. At least I got it done, huh? Lol.

Last edited by Jayce; 07-10-2013 at 05:26 AM..
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:52 AM   #1301
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Blonde with a Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,579
Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Yes you did get it done!! Great work!

I hate traffic so much. San Diego has some amazing freeways but we still have places where it 'bottle-necks' and can cause major delays! I'm pathologically early, I hate being late more than I hate traffic so I find myself on the road WAY before I need to be. It keeps me from being a road raged potty mouth (lol, Lexi).

Yes, if we keep talking about sausage biscuits with grape jelly, I'm gonna have to go get one.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:02 AM   #1302
Atkineer For Life
 
godsbeloved79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Pompano Bch, FL
Posts: 19,128
Gallery: godsbeloved79
Stats: 237/224/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/9/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Did 2.01 miles at the gym last night...was one of my difficult workouts. It's interesting how some feel so much harder than others. My legs actually felt pretty good by the end, but my breathing is still the hardest part for me. I was huffing & puffing like the Big Bad Wolf. At least I got it done, huh? Lol.
Good job Jamie!

I'm trying to get back in the groove of things myself with exercise. It does make all the difference.
godsbeloved79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:11 AM   #1303
Major LCF Poster!
 
lexiann21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 2,234
Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/217/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Girl, you would hate it here...Lol. On any given day, a 30 minute commute could turn into an hour or more. It took me 2 hours to get home one night a few weeks ago...I was about to flippppp! There are too many people here and the road system can't handle it, especially b/c we have to use tunnels and bridges to get back & forth between almost every city here.


Did 2.01 miles at the gym last night...was one of my difficult workouts. It's interesting how some feel so much harder than others. My legs actually felt pretty good by the end, but my breathing is still the hardest part for me. I was huffing & puffing like the Big Bad Wolf. At least I got it done, huh? Lol.
HAHA i KNOW i would hate it! I could not deal with that ish! With my kids and work and workout schedule my time is always spoken for, i would lose my damn mind lol. I couldn't handle the unpredictable stuff! wow! lol!

I think the heat is just killing us, im not sure about your weather but ours was like 100 yesterday, it was so hot! We stayed inside for bootcamp but it was almost like it was hard to breath!
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:14 AM   #1304
Major LCF Poster!
 
lexiann21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 2,234
Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/217/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Yes you did get it done!! Great work!

I hate traffic so much. San Diego has some amazing freeways but we still have places where it 'bottle-necks' and can cause major delays! I'm pathologically early, I hate being late more than I hate traffic so I find myself on the road WAY before I need to be. It keeps me from being a road raged potty mouth (lol, Lexi).

Yes, if we keep talking about sausage biscuits with grape jelly, I'm gonna have to go get one.
lol, since i drive with my child its probably best i don't live in a big city or his first word would have probably been a naughty one lol!
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:04 AM   #1305
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jayce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,510
Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
On another topic, any suggestions for learning how to cook? I know how to scramble eggs, sautee veggies/chicken, etc., but I really don't cook much more than that. I have made cookies and cakes before, but I'm talking about making meals.

My boyfriend randomly messaged me asking me how many PB&J's I eat in a month (which, granted, I do eat often), and he said I should start trying to cook. I've told him before that I'd like to learn b/c I feel way behind the 8-ball in that regard (never wanted to learn when Mom tried teaching me). Well, I thought he meant b/c he thinks I'll eat healthier if doing so, so I said, "For lunch? I guess I could bring salads more b/c I need more protein. Not a big fan of cooking stuff and bringing it for lunch, though. For dinners, I could, but it would be stuff like grilled chicken and peppers, onions, etc. like a sautee." He responded, "I'm talking about cooking for me man. It's been 8 months and it's never happened."

I don't think he meant this hurtfully, but I took it to heart as a criticism. The rest of our convo is as follows:

Me: Ok.
I don't really know how to cook, but I told you I am willing to learn. I don't mind cooking for you, but that kind of felt like a sideways comment.
Tell me what you like, and we can start going from there.
Him: It wasn't sideways. It was pretty straightforward.
Me: It was kind of rude. Maybe would've been better addressed in an actual face-to-face conversation. I've never cooked for someone, so this is completely new for me.
But anyways, I am willing to try.
Him: Why was it rude? I'm just telling you whats on my mind.
Me: Just felt criticized...like you're saying I'm a ****** girlfriend.
At least that's how I took it.
Him: If I thought you were a ****** gf, that's exactly what I would've said.
Me: I do need someone to help teach me though...I can do basics, but that's about it. Not trying to be funny. You usually don't want to eat by the time I get there, so that's why I usually do my own thing b/c we're on different schedules. I guess we can work on it.

Ok, sorry to post the whole conversation, but wanted to represent both of our sides accurately. I think I am sensitive regarding this topic, so that has something to do with it.

But, yea...suggestions for cookbooks? LOL.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:32 AM   #1306
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jayce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,510
Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
I've found the following titles at my local library: How to Cook Everything (Bittman), How to Boil Water: Life Beyond Takeout (Food Network), and Joy of Cooking (Rombauer). I think these will be good places for me to start! I will probably buy a hard copy for myself if I really like one...I may look into getting a Betty Crocker one also. Will take any suggestions y'all like, as well!

I really do need to learn...especially if I plan on having a child. Probably better to learn sooner than later at this point.

ETA: I think what sucks about "disagreements" via texting, intant messaging, etc. is that the tone is not present -- neither are body language, facial expressions, etc. My bf & I are playful together, as well as smarta$$/sarcastic in our comments, so I think the typed messages come across wrong sometimes. I think that's why I suggested a face-to-face convo would have been better.

Last edited by Jayce; 07-10-2013 at 10:42 AM..
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:55 AM   #1307
Major LCF Poster!
 
lexiann21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 2,234
Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/217/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
On another topic, any suggestions for learning how to cook? I know how to scramble eggs, sautee veggies/chicken, etc., but I really don't cook much more than that. I have made cookies and cakes before, but I'm talking about making meals.

My boyfriend randomly messaged me asking me how many PB&J's I eat in a month (which, granted, I do eat often), and he said I should start trying to cook. I've told him before that I'd like to learn b/c I feel way behind the 8-ball in that regard (never wanted to learn when Mom tried teaching me). Well, I thought he meant b/c he thinks I'll eat healthier if doing so, so I said, "For lunch? I guess I could bring salads more b/c I need more protein. Not a big fan of cooking stuff and bringing it for lunch, though. For dinners, I could, but it would be stuff like grilled chicken and peppers, onions, etc. like a sautee." He responded, "I'm talking about cooking for me man. It's been 8 months and it's never happened."

I don't think he meant this hurtfully, but I took it to heart as a criticism. The rest of our convo is as follows:

Me: Ok.
I don't really know how to cook, but I told you I am willing to learn. I don't mind cooking for you, but that kind of felt like a sideways comment.
Tell me what you like, and we can start going from there.
Him: It wasn't sideways. It was pretty straightforward.
Me: It was kind of rude. Maybe would've been better addressed in an actual face-to-face conversation. I've never cooked for someone, so this is completely new for me.
But anyways, I am willing to try.
Him: Why was it rude? I'm just telling you whats on my mind.
Me: Just felt criticized...like you're saying I'm a ****** girlfriend.
At least that's how I took it.
Him: If I thought you were a ****** gf, that's exactly what I would've said.
Me: I do need someone to help teach me though...I can do basics, but that's about it. Not trying to be funny. You usually don't want to eat by the time I get there, so that's why I usually do my own thing b/c we're on different schedules. I guess we can work on it.

Ok, sorry to post the whole conversation, but wanted to represent both of our sides accurately. I think I am sensitive regarding this topic, so that has something to do with it.

But, yea...suggestions for cookbooks? LOL.
As far as cooking goes, i suggest you find recipes that you think you can make, and go from there. Im not a perfect cook by any means but i cook alot. I just get recipes and make them. For WW stuff that is good you can try skinny taste of emily bites. google them. I make their casseroles ALL THE TIME! Enchiladas things like that.

as far as your convo, i think things via text do get taken out of context, plus he probably hit a soft spot with you, it seems you feel like you're lacking in terms of cooking and you're comparing yourself to other women/relationships or how we grew up thinking women should be. Don't sweat it. He seems like a pretty straightforward guy. He probably could have said it softer but men aren't like that, they say what they mean and they mean what they say. I wouldn't read too much into it. Put it into perspective, is it really worth getting upset over and fighting about? probably not. sometimes its easier just to step back for a moment. Now if you are being flat out disrespected i wouldn't just sit back and take that either. I guess you know him better than we do. Do you think he was showing his a$$ or would he just like it if you cooked more? lol his momma probably cooked alot for him lol.

hope that helps!
__________________
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...s-journal.html

Getting my focus and motivation back!

current weight
217

I eat to live, not live to eat!
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:32 PM   #1308
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,234
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
I totally agree with Lexiann.

My bf can be pretty straightforward too but I've come to appreciate it and know that I don't have to read between the lines with him. He actually gets frustrated with me when I do...I try to always soften the blow and he hates to read between the lines but now we understand and communicate a lot better (I can blow up and tell him exactly how I feel and he's like, Ok, I got it ). I know with him, I can give it what I got and he will be like Texts definitely can come across a lot worse and more offensive than verbal conversations.

On another note...never tried grape jelly on sausage biscuits? OMG, the best!! Or some like strawberry...but I prefer grape YUM
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:30 AM   #1309
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jayce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,510
Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
As far as cooking goes, i suggest you find recipes that you think you can make, and go from there. Im not a perfect cook by any means but i cook alot. I just get recipes and make them. For WW stuff that is good you can try skinny taste or emily bites. google them. I make their casseroles ALL THE TIME! Enchiladas things like that.

as far as your convo, i think things via text do get taken out of context, plus he probably hit a soft spot with you, it seems you feel like you're lacking in terms of cooking and you're comparing yourself to other women/relationships or how we grew up thinking women should be. Don't sweat it. He seems like a pretty straightforward guy. He probably could have said it softer but men aren't like that, they say what they mean and they mean what they say. I wouldn't read too much into it. Put it into perspective, is it really worth getting upset over and fighting about? probably not. sometimes its easier just to step back for a moment. Now if you are being flat out disrespected i wouldn't just sit back and take that either. I guess you know him better than we do. Do you think he was showing his a$$ or would he just like it if you cooked more? lol his momma probably cooked alot for him lol.

hope that helps!
Yea, I'm definitely going to look for basic recipes to start out with -- I will check out those sites again. I've browsed there before.

I agree that I'm a little sensitive about the cooking thing b/c I actually am a little embarrassed that I don't know much at my age. I think my bf thought he was being "funny" in his usual smarta$$ way with some of his answers, which I understand b/c, like I said, we are both sh%t talkers. I think it came across worse b/c we weren't talking face-to-face and I couldn't see his facial expressions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
I totally agree with Lexiann.

My bf can be pretty straightforward too but I've come to appreciate it and know that I don't have to read between the lines with him. He actually gets frustrated with me when I do...I try to always soften the blow and he hates to read between the lines but now we understand and communicate a lot better (I can blow up and tell him exactly how I feel and he's like, Ok, I got it ). I know with him, I can give it what I got and he will be like Texts definitely can come across a lot worse and more offensive than verbal conversations.

On another note...never tried grape jelly on sausage biscuits? OMG, the best!! Or some like strawberry...but I prefer grape YUM
This is exactly like us sometimes...I try to say things more "gently" sometimes in a subtle way and I know exactly what I mean, but he wants me to be more upfront and say it like it is. Lol. I guess that's a difference between men and women, in some ways.

Well, still haven't weighed -- TOM showed up last night, so I'm not going to even go there with the scale right now. I've been logging all week, and I've been under my calories once I got myself back in the habit. Planning on hitting the gym tonight after I meet this person from CraigsList -- it's a lot listing for Hip Hop Abs, Winsor Pilates (loved this program back when I owned the VHS), Crunch Fitness Yoga/Pilates Blend, Barry's Boot Camp system, and an 8 Minute fitness routine. This is $25, which I think is a reasonable price for everything included -- especially the Hip Hop Abs program itself.

I've eliminated Splenda from my coffee b/c I had horrible dizziness/lightheadedness after drinking coffee with it the other morning. The feeling lasted for hours! Not gonna lie, this is going to take some major adjustment taste-wise. O_O I started using Splenda back in 2003 when I low carbed for the 1st time, and I've used it off & on ever since! That's a long time to use something. I used Domino Light this a.m., which is sugar & stevia mixed. I've tried Truvia before and hated it b/c it ruins the taste of my hot tea or coffee. I'm trying to ease my way into stevia...I really dislike the aftertaste. UGHHHH...why must the healthy option taste like crap???

Last edited by Jayce; 07-12-2013 at 05:34 AM..
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:29 AM   #1310
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jayce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,510
Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Meant to add...I had really bad anxiety last night. It was pretty much triggered by traffic b/c I almost had someone hit me not even a mile from my job! This person just started pulling into my lane, even though I had the green light, so I had to swerve to the left. It scared me...it was also raining. It then took me about an hour & 15 minutes to get to my bf's house, which normally takes 40ish. UGH!

The anxiety was so bad it felt like something was sitting on my chest...I'd taken a blood pressure pill, but it was still bad so I took one of my bf's 600 mg Ibuprofen. I didn't really talk to him for about 2 hours...just sat on my corner of the couch and watched TV. He asked me why I had an attitude, but I'd already told him that I had really bad anxiety and my chest hurt as soon as I got home & that I'd almost been hit, so I didn't know why I needed to explain it again. I told him I have anxiety sometimes and I can't really explain how it feels, but it wasn't an attitude. I texted my sister for awhile b/c she has anxiety issues also and knows how I feel, pretty much exactly. I eventually asked my bf to just hold me and we laid on the couch together.

I don't how to get him to understand how scary it is for me when I have anxiety/panic attacks. It literally feels like I can't breathe.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:34 AM   #1311
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Blonde with a Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,579
Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Hey Jayce! First of all, great to see your MILES adding up in your siggy! Woot!

My Mom was exactly the opposite, she wouldn't let anyone in the kitchen when she was creating her 'magic'. I learned to cook after I got married and I'm proud to say I had a few 'really horrible" dishes that my husband wouldn't even taste...that being said I started out by making things we both liked. He loves chicken parmesan so that was the first 'major dish' I wanted to try. I used a recipe from a cook book. Start by visiting your local library or better yet, search the internet for recipes that you want to try.

In the winter, I use my crock pot at least two times a week and have a couple of 'Crock pot recipes only' books like "Fix it and Forget it". Easy recipes with only a few ingredients. Beef roast, pork roast, and chicken are so easy and you can make the root veggies right along with it. Rachel Ray has great simple but fast recipes. Sandra Lee also uses lots of great shortcuts to make wonderful home made' foods.

Keep it simple, a protein, a vegetable (asparagus, zucchini squash), a starch (think rice, potato, winter squash, corn on the cob etc) and a simple salad.

Do you own a crock pot? I have a great easy recipe!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:45 AM   #1312
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jayce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,510
Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Hey Blonde!

That's funny that you mentioned your dh loving chicken parm because I literally just printed a Baked Chicken Parmesan recipe from Skinny Taste...lol. He had chicken parm last week when we dined out, so I know he'll eat that.

Yes, he has a crockpot, so I can use it. I am all about easy recipes at this point since I'm just starting out! lol
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:08 AM   #1313
Major LCF Poster!
 
lexiann21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 2,234
Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/217/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Hey Blonde!

That's funny that you mentioned your dh loving chicken parm because I literally just printed a Baked Chicken Parmesan recipe from Skinny Taste...lol. He had chicken parm last week when we dined out, so I know he'll eat that.

Yes, he has a crockpot, so I can use it. I am all about easy recipes at this point since I'm just starting out! lol
I've made that chicken parm recipe. its SO good! and very simple!!! good luck!
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:17 AM   #1314
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jayce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,510
Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
I've made that chicken parm recipe. its SO good! and very simple!!! good luck!
Oh, sweet! Yea, I checked out reviews before printing it...thanks! I told him I'm cooking dinner tomorrow, so now I'm committed! Will be stopping by Trader Joe's before heading home. I'm also going to make a recipe I found on that Sandra Lee's site (thanks for the suggestion, Blonde): Garlic Butter Mozzarella rolls (obviously not "light," lol). I know he would really like those, though. I think the kids will eat this food, too, so I'm trying to look for some recipes they'll like when I know they'll be at his house every other week.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:04 AM   #1315
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,234
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
GM Jayce, you're so pretty, love the new pic! Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:49 AM   #1316
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jayce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,510
Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
GM Jayce, you're so pretty, love the new pic! Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Aw, thanks, Shari! That's sweet of you. My bf took that pic at the Richmond art museum a few months back.

My weekend was decent...pretty quiet for the most part. Got in another workout early Saturday morning, so that made 3x's last week, which is going in the right direction again! My mom had been worried b/c her brakes were acting weird (making a low noise & not working sometimes), so my bf looked at them Saturday and replaced her brake pads for her. She's a hospice nurse and does a ton of driving, so that took a load off her mind. The brake pads were like $35, so that saved her $$$ not having to pay labor at a shop. I told him I really appreciated it b/c it was a blessing to my mom. I treated him to sushi out last night.

So my dinner turned out pretty good. He liked it and ate the leftovers yesterday for lunch. The only thing that sucked was I'd bought large crescent rolls (Food Lion's brand), and maybe b/c they'd been sitting out on the counter and it was hot -- well, they wouldn't roll out! I've made crescent rolls before, so I know what they're supposed to look like...well, these did not cooperate. LOL. They were just like one pile of doughy goo. I rolled them out as best as I could, but they didn't cook in the middle b/c they were too thick. *sigh* At least the chicken turned out right, though!

I picked up those exercise DVD's Friday night, so I'm planning on trying Hip Hop Abs tonight. I think if I combine doing my DVD's with the walk/run intervals at the gym, then I'll see better results as far as toning all over. I think that'll keep my body guessing, in a sense.

TOM is pretty much gone, thank goodness. Haven't stepped on a scale in probably 2 weeks...I don't think I will until Wednesday at least.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:27 AM   #1317
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,234
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
How sweet of bf, he's definitely a keeper Glad to hear dinner turned out well and I'm sure he appreciates you cooking for him. Let me know how you like the exercise video...
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #1318
Major LCF Poster!
 
lexiann21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 2,234
Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/217/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Aw, thanks, Shari! That's sweet of you. My bf took that pic at the Richmond art museum a few months back.

My weekend was decent...pretty quiet for the most part. Got in another workout early Saturday morning, so that made 3x's last week, which is going in the right direction again! My mom had been worried b/c her brakes were acting weird (making a low noise & not working sometimes), so my bf looked at them Saturday and replaced her brake pads for her. She's a hospice nurse and does a ton of driving, so that took a load off her mind. The brake pads were like $35, so that saved her $$$ not having to pay labor at a shop. I told him I really appreciated it b/c it was a blessing to my mom. I treated him to sushi out last night.

So my dinner turned out pretty good. He liked it and ate the leftovers yesterday for lunch. The only thing that sucked was I'd bought large crescent rolls (Food Lion's brand), and maybe b/c they'd been sitting out on the counter and it was hot -- well, they wouldn't roll out! I've made crescent rolls before, so I know what they're supposed to look like...well, these did not cooperate. LOL. They were just like one pile of doughy goo. I rolled them out as best as I could, but they didn't cook in the middle b/c they were too thick. *sigh* At least the chicken turned out right, though!

I picked up those exercise DVD's Friday night, so I'm planning on trying Hip Hop Abs tonight. I think if I combine doing my DVD's with the walk/run intervals at the gym, then I'll see better results as far as toning all over. I think that'll keep my body guessing, in a sense.

TOM is pretty much gone, thank goodness. Haven't stepped on a scale in probably 2 weeks...I don't think I will until Wednesday at least.
how nice to have a man that can fix cars and did that for your mother

im so happy to read that your dinners came out well. I knew they would oh and great job getting those workouts in girl!
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:23 AM   #1319
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jayce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,510
Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Yes, I know she appreciated it b/c it's hard for her to find someone to help with "male tasks" since she & my dad divorced. I know that actions like these show the quality of his heart...I try to keep this in mind when we have disagreements. Hehe...

Yes, I was glad that the dinner wasn't a disgrace, and at least the chicken was cooked! LOL. I'm looking at trying a Mexican casserole next, I think.

I didn't exercise last night...planning on going after work. My bag is packed and in the car. I'm thinking about doing the elliptical tonight instead of the treadmill...or maybe I'll split time between both. Just looking to do something different than my norm.

D. & I are going to Richmond Friday (I'm using vacay day) to celebrate my b-day early. He booked a really nice hotel a few weeks ago, and we're using a trolley tour LivingSocial deal I bought a few months ago. It'll probably be hot as balls (it's been in the 90's & super humid), but I thought it would be something different. He & I may have to have some alcohol before we go. LOL! My b-day is actually next Wednesday...34! It's hard to believe I'll be 35 next year...I still feel like I'm in my 20's sometimes.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:01 AM   #1320
Major LCF Poster!
 
lexiann21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 2,234
Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/217/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Yes, I know she appreciated it b/c it's hard for her to find someone to help with "male tasks" since she & my dad divorced. I know that actions like these show the quality of his heart...I try to keep this in mind when we have disagreements. Hehe...

Yes, I was glad that the dinner wasn't a disgrace, and at least the chicken was cooked! LOL. I'm looking at trying a Mexican casserole next, I think.

I didn't exercise last night...planning on going after work. My bag is packed and in the car. I'm thinking about doing the elliptical tonight instead of the treadmill...or maybe I'll split time between both. Just looking to do something different than my norm.

D. & I are going to Richmond Friday (I'm using vacay day) to celebrate my b-day early. He booked a really nice hotel a few weeks ago, and we're using a trolley tour LivingSocial deal I bought a few months ago. It'll probably be hot as balls (it's been in the 90's & super humid), but I thought it would be something different. He & I may have to have some alcohol before we go. LOL! My b-day is actually next Wednesday...34! It's hard to believe I'll be 35 next year...I still feel like I'm in my 20's sometimes.
i do that too. i know i have a good man, hes not perfect but hes mine and its good to remember that when he drives me crazy.

one of my favs is the cheeseburger casserole on emily bites and the deep dish pizza casserole and the bubble up enchilada. YUM YUM YUM

hot as balls, haha! that sounds like SO much fun! You two will really enjoy yourselves!
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:52 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.