Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013, 09:29 AM   #1231
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Well I'm glad you went to the doc.. did she giving any reason for all the bloating? Or the odd timing of TOM? I just want you to be ok, sorry to be a nagging mom!

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend I can certainly relate to the idea of feeling so small in the grand scheme of real life things going on around us. I think it's important to be happy & grateful for the things you *do* have and aware of the reality of many, at the same time, do NOT forget, discount, or invalidate your own needs and wants, no matter how small you believe them to be. They are YOUR feelings and what you're going through..remember, nobody can understand your life unless they've walked it.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2013, 11:20 AM   #1232
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Well I'm glad you went to the doc.. did she giving any reason for all the bloating? Or the odd timing of TOM? I just want you to be ok, sorry to be a nagging mom!

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend I can certainly relate to the idea of feeling so small in the grand scheme of real life things going on around us. I think it's important to be happy & grateful for the things you *do* have and aware of the reality of many, at the same time, do NOT forget, discount, or invalidate your own needs and wants, no matter how small you believe them to be. They are YOUR feelings and what you're going through..remember, nobody can understand your life unless they've walked it.
Ditto that!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:56 AM   #1233
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
I'm sorry to hear about your friend, so sad. I agree 100% with Dani's post, so true! I hope you feel better
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #1234
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/?/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Quote:

Well, not really anything re: the bloating...although she did say b/c I'm on the "mini-pill" Ortho Micronor (doesn't have estrogen) that my cycle can change due to the fact that you take it daily (there is no "break" or placebo pills). IDK.

Thanks for the support, Dani, Blonde, & Shari...it just makes me sad to see such young people taken away unexpectedly -- especially very bright, promising people. I know that I have much in my life for which to be thankful, so I'm going to work on remembering that.

Was 227.2 this morning...YAY! I had seen up to 231 something last week, so I'm glad to see the numbers going back down. I need to get my booty back in the gym...it's so easy to get out of the habit. At least I know I can lose weight by changing my eating, but I do strongly believe the exercise has helped me fit in pants I wore at smaller weights.

One of my coworkers asked me last week if I was still going to bootcamp, and I told him I'd taken a break due to the dizzy spells recently, but that I've been doing run/walk intervals -- he told me, "Well, whatever you're doing, it's working." It made me feel good to hear that.

Bf & I hit the 7 month mark yesterday. I'm glad that we are learning how to get along better...I'm also working on being less anxious about everything & just enjoying our time together.

Make the commitment, invest the time, and do the work to make things matter.

Last edited by Jayce; 06-19-2013 at 12:46 PM..
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #1235
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/213.6/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post

Was 227.2 this morning...YAY! I had seen up to 231 something last week, so I'm glad to see the numbers going back down. I need to get my booty back in the gym...it's so easy to get out of the habit. At least I know I can lose weight by changing my eating, but I do strongly believe the exercise has helped me fit in pants I wore at smaller weights.
glad the scale is being nice!!! yea working out is so great, nice to have that extra metabolism boost. I really just want to shred the fat and get some muscle definition. Strong is the new skinny as they say!
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #1236
Blabbermouth!!!

You're doing great! The gym will definitely keep you going in the right direction...we all wanna look smaller and wear smaller clothes! I love that people are noticing your progress, feels good I'm sure!!!

7 months is quite the ride so far..congrat's to you both.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:43 PM   #1237
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SCPeachey
Stats: 271/259/145
WOE: ATKINS 72
Start Date: 6/22/13
Just dropped by to thank you for the nice comment and drop some new buddy luv on your journal.. I'll be stopping by more often...
SCPeachey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:53 AM   #1238
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Jayce congrats on your scale victory and your non-scale victory! You're definitely on the right track! Woot!
Old 06-20-2013, 12:23 PM   #1239

Wow, nice all around!! So wonderful to hear you and bf are making it work, it's not easy all the time but commitment, compromising (on both sides) and communication are key! I'm still have to practice this LOL us Leos can be a tough, stubborn bunch at times.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:13 AM   #1240
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
glad the scale is being nice!!! yea working out is so great, nice to have that extra metabolism boost. I really just want to shred the fat and get some muscle definition. Strong is the new skinny as they say!
You know, I enjoy the feeling I get after working out, but for some darn reason, it is very easy for me to get out of the exercise habit -- I swear, it makes me think there's some truth to the whole neurological path theories (if you do something long enough, then your body pretty much takes over b/c you've created "pathways" by your habits). I've gotta keep working at it!

I would definitely prefer to be strong over skinny any day!

Quote:
You're doing great! The gym will definitely keep you going in the right direction...we all wanna look smaller and wear smaller clothes! I love that people are noticing your progress, feels good I'm sure!!!

7 months is quite the ride so far..congrat's to you both.
Thanks, Danielle. Yes, it's nice that a few people have commented on my appearance...it gives you a little "boost" when that happens.

I think my bf is someone I could be with indefinitely -- it's scary to actually type that, but I do him. He actually has opened my heart to a deeper love than I've experienced before. We have our disagreements, but it seems we're getting a little better with navigating the aftermath. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCPeachey View Post
Just dropped by to thank you for the nice comment and drop some new buddy luv on your journal.. I'll be stopping by more often...
No problem, SCPeachey! Welcome to my little place here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Hey Jayce congrats on your scale victory and your non-scale victory! You're definitely on the right track! Woot!
Thanks, Blonde! Trying to keep my momentum going with the healthy eating...making a few changes each week. Happy Friday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Wow, nice all around!! So wonderful to hear you and bf are making it work, it's not easy all the time but commitment, compromising (on both sides) and communication are key! I'm still have to practice this LOL us Leos can be a tough, stubborn bunch at times.
Hey Shari! It's definitely not easy every day, but I feel like I've finally found someone who's worth the effort. I've been used to being on my own for awhile, so it's shown me some areas in which I need to adjust my thinking. And, girl, who are you telling? I know I'm a hard-headed one! LOL! I know I also like attention, too, which I've heard is a typical Leo trait. Hehe...

So glad it's Friday! Seems like it's been a long work week -- not super stressful or anything, but some days have seemed to dragggg.

I said I was going to the gym last night, but I didn't. I am definitely going tonight. I like going on Fridays because there's nowhere near as many people there b/c they're probably out having fun. LOL! I'm meeting my bf's uncle tonight b/c he's in town and stopping over at his house. Should be interesting!

I've gotta start packing and cleaning b/c I move next weekend. Of course I haven't done anything to get ready...I procrastinate too much!

Last edited by Jayce; 06-21-2013 at 09:15 AM..
Old 06-21-2013, 10:58 AM   #1241
Major LCF Poster!

enjoy your friday night work out! I do grocery shopping after work on my friday, let me tell ya, its thrilling!

i HATE moving! good luck!

hope you have a nice last weekend at your old place!
Old 06-21-2013, 12:24 PM   #1242
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
enjoy your friday night work out! I do grocery shopping after work on my friday, let me tell ya, its thrilling!

i HATE moving! good luck!

hope you have a nice last weekend at your old place!
I hope I enjoy my workout -- it's been a hot minute since I did one last (almost 2 weeks exactly). That means I've gotta put my "game face" back on & go get it, girl!!!

Yea, moving is one of my least favorite things to do, but at least I'll be saving $100 in rent a month. Also, I can start going to the Zumba classes right down the street from my new place since I haven't used that Groupon yet.

Thanks -- have a great weekend too, Lex! I think I may have at least 1 drink tonight, so the exercise should help cover those calories. Eating raw sugar snap peas with spicy Ranch as a snack right now...not bad!
Old 06-21-2013, 01:41 PM   #1243
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Happy T-day Jayce, maybe next year you will be snuggling someone special
Was reading back through my journal, and I found this -- Amber was right b/c I started dating my bf in November of last year.

I like reading my journal sometimes...I've known some of you ladies for a long time! It would be awesome to meet in person one day and act up. lol

Last edited by Jayce; 06-21-2013 at 01:44 PM..
Old 06-21-2013, 01:49 PM   #1244
Blabbermouth!!!

....."act up"..being the operative words!

Have a great weekend my lovely!
Old 06-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #1245
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Saturday, Jayce! Enjoy your weekend.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:33 AM   #1246
Major LCF Poster!

Hey ladies! Hope you're having a good weekend.

Worked out Fri. evening & this morning, so I feel good about that. Eating has been good...need to drink more water on the weekends though.

Have to drive out to BFE around 1 bc we're doing a late Father's Day thing at my dad's. I'm meeting his new gf for the first time...woo frigging hoo. Lol. I have a feeling I will need some wine before it's all said and done.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:19 AM   #1247
Blabbermouth!!!

You are oozing excitement! Hoping all goes well with the new gf...try not to strangle her the first time, ok?

Great job on the workouts, chicky!!
Old 06-24-2013, 05:44 AM   #1248
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
You are oozing excitement! Hoping all goes well with the new gf...try not to strangle her the first time, ok?

Great job on the workouts, chicky!!
LOL at this...yea, I wasn't exactly looking forward to it since my parents got divorced last year; however, she was nice. If she has a positive impact on my dad, then I view that as a good thing because he was struggling for awhile emotionally.

Thanks! Was glad I got in at least 2 this past week...planning on 3-4 this week.

So, I didn't get anything done as far as packing this past weekend. I don't know what my problem is, but I know that I'm setting myself up for an anxiety attack b/c I'm putting it off till the last minute. Maybe I should at least try to do some each night after work...I really HATE packing & cleaning for a move. Ugh. I know I need to put on my big girl panties & just do it, though.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:10 AM   #1249
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
I hope I enjoy my workout -- it's been a hot minute since I did one last (almost 2 weeks exactly). That means I've gotta put my "game face" back on & go get it, girl!!!

Yea, moving is one of my least favorite things to do, but at least I'll be saving $100 in rent a month. Also, I can start going to the Zumba classes right down the street from my new place since I haven't used that Groupon yet.

Thanks -- have a great weekend too, Lex! I think I may have at least 1 drink tonight, so the exercise should help cover those calories. Eating raw sugar snap peas with spicy Ranch as a snack right now...not bad!
my break was exactly 2 weeks off from working out too! the sooner you get back the better for you!

$100/month is DEFINITELY worth it!

i saw you had some yummy drinks this weekend, they sounded delish! i wanted to "party" on friday lol so i had a gin and tonic and two glasses of wine. didn't seem to really affect me at all scale wise. i am down .2 from friday. it has to be the workouts!
Old 06-24-2013, 07:12 AM   #1250
Major LCF Poster!

For the packing i think you should just do little by little. Make yourself a list to get stuff done each night this week.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:38 AM   #1251
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
my break was exactly 2 weeks off from working out too! the sooner you get back the better for you!

$100/month is DEFINITELY worth it!

i saw you had some yummy drinks this weekend, they sounded delish! i wanted to "party" on friday lol so i had a gin and tonic and two glasses of wine. didn't seem to really affect me at all scale wise. i am down .2 from friday. it has to be the workouts!
Yea, I went to the gym Friday night & yesterday morning...for some reason, yesterday morning was harder...who knows why. LOL. I can tell my legs were cramping earlier than usual, so that's probably due to my 2 week break.

Yessss, girl! My bf had bought me Pinnacle Cake vodka...it was really good mixed with light lemonade! I also had a Shocktop Lemon Shandy beer & glass of sweet red wine yesterday when over at my dad's. Needless to say, no booze for me till this weekend. LOL

Quote:
For the packing i think you should just do little by little. Make yourself a list to get stuff done each night this week.
That's probably a good idea...I should make a list today. I think I'm going to take trunks of clothes over to my bf's and go through stuff over there...we'll see. I'm just overwhelmed by the thought of it all.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:22 AM   #1252
Major LCF Poster!

mmmm those drinks sound AMAZING!!!!
Old 06-24-2013, 09:34 AM   #1253
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
mmmm those drinks sound AMAZING!!!!
They were!!!
Old 06-24-2013, 12:27 PM   #1254
Major LCF Poster!

lol i love the cake and whipped vodkas. flavored vodkas cant be beat!
Old 06-24-2013, 01:20 PM   #1255
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
lol i love the cake and whipped vodkas. flavored vodkas cant be beat!
Vodka & rum are my favorites.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:02 AM   #1256
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I got nothing done last night -- I have a habit of avoiding distasteful things until the last minute. I am giving myself a proverbial kick in the a$$ & staying home tonight to make sure I get started. I've already gotten boxes from my workplace, so that helped a bit. I'll probably start by taking pictures & decorative items down b/c then it'll sink into my brain more that I'm actually moving. LOL!

Was irritated by my weight this morning...didn't really make sense b/c I was under my calories & I'm eating much healthier than I ever have. Oh well. Will keep on trucking b/c I have no other option!!!

About to take my lunch break and read now...Later, chickies!

Last edited by Jayce; 06-25-2013 at 10:03 AM..
Old 06-25-2013, 10:29 AM   #1257
Major LCF Poster!

You better get stuff done tonight!! lol!

don't let the scale get you down, maybe stay off it for a few days.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:56 AM   #1258

I hate packing and moving but it's definitely worth it in your case, saving $100/mth is nice!! It's wonderful to see you and bf getting closer and closer. Once you get bitten by that love bug, you're done LOL.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:18 PM   #1259
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
You better get stuff done tonight!! lol!

don't let the scale get you down, maybe stay off it for a few days.
Girl, I know!!! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
I hate packing and moving but it's definitely worth it in your case, saving $100/mth is nice!! It's wonderful to see you and bf getting closer and closer. Once you get bitten by that love bug, you're done LOL.
I do love him...he can push my buttons sometimes, but we are able to work things out. I've never put in effort like this into a relationship, so I think that's a major difference for me.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:34 AM   #1260
Major LCF Poster!

I'm saying this assuming you were good and packed last night... How'd the packing go???