Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2013, 07:06 AM   #1201
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Thanks everyone for the supportive, encouraging words! Y'all are the best.

So, I think I have a UTI again...ughhhh. Or else it seemed to go away a little over a week ago, but maybe wasn't fully healed. O_O I don't have the $$ to keep going to the damn doctor, but of course they want me to come in and do another test. Plus add in the cost of more medicine. Over it.

Was 227.4 & 227.6 this weekend -- up about a pound today. I had a cheat day yesterday though -- 3 Bud Light Limes while playing cornhole for the first time (I actually wasn't bad at it once I started putting more arc on the beanbag), and I had a philly sandwich from Domino's for dinner b/c we didn't feel like cooking. Will drink a lot of water today and I brought my snacks & lunch to work.

I plan on doing my C25K workouts T, Th, Sat this week. I did workout Friday night & Saturday morning, so wanted to give my legs a break.

Make the commitment, invest the time, and do the work to make things matter.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2013, 10:10 AM   #1202
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Sounds like you had a great weekend! the extra lbs will disappear with your clean eating this week, no worries!!!

I'm sorry you're feeling bad again
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:55 PM   #1203
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Sounds like you had a great weekend! the extra lbs will disappear with your clean eating this week, no worries!!!

I'm sorry you're feeling bad again
Yea, my weekend was decent overall. I enjoyed being outside yesterday with other people instead of staying in the house like we typically do.

I'm just concerned that I possibly have a stone forming again...the PA at the Urgent Care place I went to on my break said it didn't look like I had much bacteria as compared to a little over a week ago, but I am having abdominal pain and some flank/back pain. IDK...something isn't right, but I don't know what. Frustrated.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:08 AM   #1204
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Jayce make sure you give your legs a break with the running, maybe on the days you go to the gym in between focus on arms, chest and back, you dont need much more for your legs if you are running and walking!! Sorry you are not feeling well!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:55 AM   #1205
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/229.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Jayce! I thought I was the Queen of UTI's. A few years ago I went in for a pee test, the bacteria were barely noticeable but I know my body and I knew I had an infection. Doc gave me a 3 day supply of antibiotics, she was humoring me I think. I went on vacation and two weeks later (while far from home) I ended up in the emergency room with a full blown kidney infection and the worst pain ever. The 'bactieria were now off the scale. That being said, keep listening to your body. If you have pain, something is wrong.
6/27~226.6
8/01~235
8/06~233
8/15~229.8
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:11 AM   #1206
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Jayce make sure you give your legs a break with the running, maybe on the days you go to the gym in between focus on arms, chest and back, you don't need much more for your legs if you are running and walking!! Sorry you are not feeling well!
Yea, I was thinking Saturday that I probably shouldn't overdo it...I am not comfortable doing the weight machines and/or free weights on my own at the gym, though. I told my bf I may start using his Total Gym at home for the resistance training aspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Jayce! I thought I was the Queen of UTI's. A few years ago I went in for a pee test, the bacteria were barely noticeable but I know my body and I knew I had an infection. Doc gave me a 3 day supply of antibiotics, she was humoring me I think. I went on vacation and two weeks later (while far from home) I ended up in the emergency room with a full blown kidney infection and the worst pain ever. The bacteria were now off the scale. That being said, keep listening to your body. If you have pain, something is wrong.
I used to get them all the time...I even had a cystoscopy when I was 5 and a catheter in like middle school. I am not sure if I have an infection still or not, but the PA did give me a prescription yesterday for another 3 days' cycle of antibiotic. I am feeling better today though -- not sure what's going on. The body can be a tricksy thing! I am trying to become more in tune with it, though. I feel like if I start treating it better on a consistent basis, then a greater peace overall will come about.

Food has been good today so far: I've had a homemade protein shake, coffee, provolone string cheese, & cottage cheese w/ pineapple chunks. I didn't realize cottage cheese was such a good source of protein (28 g in 1 cup of Daisy 2%)...I'm going to make this a regular snack. Not many carbs or fat either -- just have to watch the sodium.

Start Week 2 of C25K tonight after work -- let's get it!
Old 06-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #1207

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
You're doing so well overall!! Aww, I love hearing the love tone in your messages regarding bf Wishing you both the best. I hope you continue to feel better
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #1208
Blabbermouth!!!

Please tell me the second you feel anything is off you'll get your butt to the doc! Troubling news at best, and I pray that the anti-b's do their job for you.

Meals sound lovely today! I am venturing into the world of cottage cheese..SMH.. not so sure about it but I think it can work into a good alternative for protein since I gotta eat 5x a day.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:49 AM   #1209

I take cottage cheese and add a little splenda and cinnamon and it tastes like rice pudding! I love it, but I get the smaller curd stuff the big stuff is scary! LOL

Can you take a cranberry pill to help with your UTI's?
Old 06-12-2013, 07:20 AM   #1210
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/215.6/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
Hey GIRL!!! I'M BAACCKK!!!

i see you're still doing awesome!! yay! happy to read that things between you and you're man are going swimmingly too!
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:50 AM   #1211
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
You're doing so well overall!! Aww, I love hearing the love tone in your messages regarding bf Wishing you both the best. I hope you continue to feel better
Thanks...I felt like I made a lot of headway last week. This week has been discouraging just b/c I'm unsure what's going on with my body, but my abdomen is swollen as well.

Thanks for the well wishes regarding my relationship! We have been doing pretty good for the most part and still working on communicating better.

How are you doing?

Quote:
Please tell me the second you feel anything is off you'll get your butt to the doc! Troubling news at best, and I pray that the anti-b's do their job for you.

Meals sound lovely today! I am venturing into the world of cottage cheese..SMH.. not so sure about it but I think it can work into a good alternative for protein since I gotta eat 5x a day.
Made an appt with my dr this afternoon (actually, I have to see one of his PA's since he's busy), but maybe they can order a scan. I'm not sure what's going on, but I know it's not normal for my body. The pain is what concerns me.

I used to detest cottage cheese, and I mean DETEST. Lol. It was more a texture thing than anything else. Since my bf got me to try it again, I've really started liking cc with fruit, though. It's pretty filling!

Quote:
I take cottage cheese and add a little splenda and cinnamon and it tastes like rice pudding! I love it, but I get the smaller curd stuff the big stuff is scary! LOL

Can you take a cranberry pill to help with your UTI's?
You know, I've never tried rice pudding...I know a lot of people like it. I've never looked for smaller curd versions, but that would be a good way to get past the texture aspect.

I will ask the urologist...I have an appt set up with him for Monday, as well. He's actually the one who performed the lithotripsy (used shock waves to break up stone b/c it was large and a tube is left in your bladder to pass the pieces, then you get the tube removed later). I never did find out what the stone analysis results were, so maybe he can tell me when I see him! It can be attributed to diet sometimes.

Last edited by Jayce; 06-12-2013 at 07:54 AM..
Old 06-12-2013, 07:56 AM   #1212
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
Hey GIRL!!! I'M BAACCKK!!!

i see you're still doing awesome!! yay! happy to read that things between you and your man are going swimmingly too!
Hey Lexi -- saw some of your pics on FB. Looks like you had a GREAT time! I wanna wake up in a new Bugatti!

Last week was pretty great...this week, not so much. I guess that happens sometimes. If I can figure out what's going on with my body, then I can start working out again. I've been hurting so badly the past few days. Still bringing my snacks & lunches though!
Old 06-12-2013, 08:38 AM   #1213
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Hey Lexi -- saw some of your pics on FB. Looks like you had a GREAT time! I wanna wake up in a new Bugatti!

Last week was pretty great...this week, not so much. I guess that happens sometimes. If I can figure out what's going on with my body, then I can start working out again. I've been hurting so badly the past few days. Still bringing my snacks & lunches though!
IKR! those cars were AMAZING! great trip and now im dealing with the bloat scale change. can't wait to get back to normal and back to 219 and LOWER! not sure how long that will take me but oh well!

im sorry you're not feeling well i feel like we always take our health for granted and its a real smack in the face when you're sick or injured. i really hope you start feeling better soon! good work on bringing your food! I think i'm going to try and start eating just a little bit cleaner.

current weight
215.6 as of 08/08/2014
End of August = 210 or less
End of October = 200 or less
End of December = 190 or less
End of February = 180 or less
End of April = 170 or less
Old 06-12-2013, 09:36 AM   #1214
Blabbermouth!!!

Hoping you get some answers today! Is your tummy bloaty after eating or just doing it on its own? I feel so badly for you! Watching my kiddo not feel well for so long with stomach stuff,...heartbreaking. Feel better, honey!
Old 06-13-2013, 03:16 AM   #1215

Feel better Jayce, maybe you are pregnant?? LOL
Old 06-13-2013, 07:57 AM   #1216
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hoping you get some answers today! Is your tummy bloaty after eating or just doing it on its own? I feel so badly for you! Watching my kiddo not feel well for so long with stomach stuff,...heartbreaking. Feel better, honey!
No, my stomach has just been bloated/swollen for the last several days...doesn't matter if I eat or not. Weird.

Quote:
Feel better Jayce, maybe you are pregnant?? LOL
I hope not...lol.

Well, didn't really get any "answers," per se, but he did another urine test and says it looks fine. No blood in it, so that should indicate I don't have a kidney stone. He did press on my abdomen and side, and it hurt very badly. He recommended I see my ob/gyn b/c ovarian cysts could be a possibility? If they don't feel anything, I'm going to ask them to do an ultrasound b/c I need to get some hard data. Plus, I'm tired of dropping co-pays for different doctors...I need to get some different tests done! I will probably have to be more assertive.

Feeling a little better today, but still have some pain. I have no clue right now, and my weight was up again this morning. I'm eating pretty much the same as last week, so it doesn't make sense aside from the ongoing bloat in my stomach which just started Monday.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:45 AM   #1217
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope you get some answers soon, Jayce. Usually with insurance they try to 'getter done', it sounds like the 'runaround' to me.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:16 AM   #1218
Blabbermouth!!!

I was gonna say possibly something having to do with the girly parts...definitely get that checked!! Get some labs done, and make sure everything is ticking along ok.. Have you ever had issues with hormones? I just want you to feel better, it sucks not knowing what's going on. I certainly feel ya on that one!
Old 06-14-2013, 06:09 AM   #1219
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Hope you get some answers soon, Jayce. Usually with insurance they try to 'getter done', it sounds like the 'runaround' to me.
Thanks, Blonde!

Quote:
I was gonna say possibly something having to do with the girly parts...definitely get that checked!! Get some labs done, and make sure everything is ticking along ok.. Have you ever had issues with hormones? I just want you to feel better, it sucks not knowing what's going on. I certainly feel ya on that one!
So, not sure what's going on, but it looks like my TOM has started way early. Weird b/c I take bcp's, so I usually start right around the same time (unless this isn't my actual TOM). I have no clue. Still doesn't make sense why I had the horrible side/flank pain b/c I've never had that with my cycle. I'm clueless. Guess I'll just see what happens.

Bf & I got into an argument last night...my eyes are swollen today b/c I was crying. I hate female emotions sometimes!

Today will be a better day, I hope. At least it's Friday (and payday)!
Old 06-14-2013, 08:24 AM   #1220
Major LCF Poster!

sorry hun!!! you sound like you're having a rough go at it. I promise it will get better!!

For the puffy eyes try hemorrhoid cream, it works!!!!
Old 06-14-2013, 09:14 AM   #1221
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
sorry hun!!! you sound like you're having a rough go at it. I promise it will get better!!

For the puffy eyes try hemorrhoid cream, it works!!!!
Thanks, Lex. This week has been a little rough -- no doubt. Lol. However, I was reminded how much I have for which to be thankful b/c I know several people who are going through very difficult times. I am going to work on my attitude today, and hopefully things will fall into place.

I've heard that about Preparation H before...I need to get some! hehe...
Old 06-14-2013, 10:32 AM   #1222
Blabbermouth!!!

Could you possibly have cysts on your ovaries? It's odd to not start your period on time with bcp, no? I can't remember, it's been over 20 years since I've been on those Don't let it go, definitely get it checked out, that pain is not normal!

Sorry about the fight, hopefully everything got resolved

Have a great weekend hon!
Old 06-14-2013, 01:23 PM   #1223
Major LCF Poster!

Dani, I have no clue -- I was supposed to go to the ob/gyn Monday, but now it's looking like I'll have to reschedule if my TOM is here.

We didn't talk last night afterward (I'd called my sister and vented to her & then took a long shower), and then went out to sit on couch with him, but he fell asleep super early like 8:45. I did wake him up at 10 so he could come sleep in the bed. We didn't talk this morning b/c he had to get kids' lunches made and get them ready for school, but I did give him a kiss before leaving and we said goodbye to one another. We'll see how things are when I get there this evening...lol.

I swear I could go to sleep RIGHT NOW. I am just drained.

We're supposed to go to a concert tomorrow that's sponsored by one of the radio stations here...hopefully the weather will be nice!
Old 06-14-2013, 01:27 PM   #1224
Blabbermouth!!!

Ugh, I just really feel for you. I know all to well that place of just not feeling good and feeling like no one is listening that needs to be. Just listen to your body and your instincts and if anything feels "off" run to the ER if need be.

The boy thing..oh those pesky creatures! And they say we're hard? Pffftt, hardly! Definitely clear the air and get back to the good place.
Concert sounds lovely! I was just telling DH I think we've set some sort of record for longest consecutive months without a show to go to...such a bummer!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 06-16-2013, 12:09 PM   #1225
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 06-17-2013, 07:07 AM   #1226
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Thanks, Lex. This week has been a little rough -- no doubt. Lol. However, I was reminded how much I have for which to be thankful b/c I know several people who are going through very difficult times. I am going to work on my attitude today, and hopefully things will fall into place.

I've heard that about Preparation H before...I need to get some! hehe...
you know if everyone could just take a step back and be thankful the world would be a better place. Its always nice to be reminded here and there and to get out of your own head

I really hope you had a great weekend and are feeling better!!!
Old 06-17-2013, 12:25 PM   #1227
Major LCF Poster!

Quick update: went to ob/gyn after all...she didn't feel anything weird during exam, but I'm scheduled for an ultrasound on July 3rd. More waiting and co-pays...lol. I am feeling better than last week...just hurting a bit after the exam.

Bf & I talked...we both admitted faults. I do love that man.

Was still bloated this a.m. Weird-ass TOM ended...
Old 06-18-2013, 06:12 AM   #1228
Major LCF Poster!

Been having cramps ever since pelvic exam...ughhhh. I am just irritated. Slept like crap last night b/c bf was snoring. I finally took a sleeping pill around 11:30, but I don't think I fell asleep till after midnight and kept waking up.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:28 AM   #1229
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning Jayce! Ugh...not getting enough sleep is the worst. I'm at my most cranky when my sleep is disturbed. Hope you have good day and a relaxing evening.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:44 AM   #1230
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Morning Jayce! Ugh...not getting enough sleep is the worst. I'm at my most cranky when my sleep is disturbed. Hope you have good day and a relaxing evening.
I think the problem is I went back & lay down in the bed even though I wasn't fully tired (I'd taken a nap after the dr's appt earlier in the evening, so that probably messed me up). I should've just read my book till I felt my eyes getting heavy.

So, I'm sad right now b/c I just found out one of my sorority sisters passed away last night from breast cancer. I never met her in person, but we'd been FB friends for several years and knew some of the same people...she was only 28. Just really hit me for some reason. I feel very small right now b/c I feel like I focus on such petty things oftentimes, or I look for potential problems or the "bad" side of things (sometimes subconsciously). I really want to work on being more thankful and positive...going to do some thinking about this.

Last edited by Jayce; 06-18-2013 at 07:45 AM..