LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2013, 08:34 AM   #1171
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
Moving is exciting and congrats on saving some $$ thats ALWAYS a plus, sounds like you'll be saving some gas money too!
I mainly just have to figure out where I'm going to put my clothes...lol. I am storing my dresser & mattress in my bf's shed b/c the room I'm renting is completely furnished. The lady owns several properties and has the place decorated beautifully. I thought this might be less stressful than moving all my stuff into somewhere, especially since I spend pretty much every night at my boyfriend's house. He has put in his picks for relocating, so I don't know where he'll end up -- he said it probably wouldn't be until next summer, though. We've already talked about it, so as long as things are still good with us, I'll be moving with him at that time.

Lexi, it would be a plus if I could save some gas. I found out the dance studio for which I bought my Zumba Groupon is within walking distance of my new place. The lady takes Jazzercise classes there almost every day.

Make the commitment, invest the time, and do the work to make things matter.

Last edited by Jayce; 05-29-2013 at 08:36 AM..
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2013, 11:20 AM   #1172
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Exciting with all these new changes! Sounds like this is going to be a great addition to getting your workouts in...wow, Zumba within walking distance! Saving money is ALWAYS a good thing.. How amazingingly fun will that be to relocate with the boy when the time comes. I LOVE adventures like that!!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:06 AM   #1173
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
I agree with Danielle, how exciting!! I hate moving but it's always nice after all that packing and unpacking to be in a new place...and the benefits for you are definitely a plus, closer to work and bf, walking distance to workout studio, less rent too..can't beat that!
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:11 AM   #1174
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/215.6/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
i've never taken zumba, maybe once i reach maintenance i'll look into it, but for now the bootcamp bug has bitten me
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:21 PM   #1175
Major LCF Poster!

Went to PatientFirst on my lunch break -- I have an acute UTI. Fun, fun! LOL. I used to get them all the time when I was younger, so I was pretty certain that's what it was. Gave me antibiotics and the pain pill that turns your pee bright orange...hehe. My abdomen has been hurting all day, so hopefully it'll start getting better soon.

My weight was up when they weighed me there, but I'm trying not to flip over it b/c I was fully dressed with shoes and it was the afternoon. I felt bloated yesterday and today, so I'm sure that didn't help my weight. Good news though -- my blood pressure was 120/80. I haven't even taken a pill today, and I only took a half pill yesterday. I think the exercise has helped in that regard.

My boyfriend sat down with me last night and helped me figure out a budget. He wrote all my bills on a whiteboard calendar, and I'm budgeting $$ for groceries and gasoline. I've never followed a budget before (I know, I know...it's about damn time!), so this will be a big help. I'm also going to start putting money in my savings every month, which I've never done either...time to grow up and be a "big girl."
Old 05-31-2013, 03:10 AM   #1176
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning, my lovelies! I've set a mini-goal for myself: get to 219 by my bday, July 24th. That would be 13.8 lbs down from today, which equals like 1.84 lbs a week. That's totally doable! I am committing to tracking my WW points on my phone and will amp up the exercise again. I did 5 & 6 days a week before, so committing myself to at least 4 days is feasible as well. I am taking back the power...watch out now.

Still bloated for some reason...trying to take probiotics to combat the antibiotics I'm on for infection. Didn't eat dinner last night, but I'd grabbed something from BK after dr. before heading back to work. It was honestly pretty gross...their chicken tenders suck. Lol. I had fries & Sprite too, and I felt "blech" afterwards. Will view it as another lesson in learning to listen to my body & start honoring it with my choices. This is MY life, so I will actively work on enhancing it each day!!!

Happy Friday!

Last edited by Jayce; 05-31-2013 at 03:14 AM..
Old 05-31-2013, 06:10 AM   #1177
Major LCF Poster!

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!

i should try that budget thing. i use my credit card for everything and then just pay if off, i earn points that way and get free money, but then what happens is i don't really budget i just spend when i want to/need to. not good lol.

you're current mini goal weight for july is totally doable! You go girl!! I created myself an 8 week workout challenge where i will attend 3 bootcamps/week and at least one group fitness class and an ellitpical workout at home. so that'll be 5 workouts per week while following the weight watchers plan. Im really trying to get under 200 by August, not sure if i'll make it but hopefully i'll come close. then i'd be more than happy with 175 by new years eve

anyway im so glad its friday, aren't you?!?

current weight
215.6 as of 08/08/2014
End of August = 210 or less
End of October = 200 or less
End of December = 190 or less
End of February = 180 or less
End of April = 170 or less

Last edited by lexiann21; 05-31-2013 at 06:18 AM..
Old 05-31-2013, 07:15 AM   #1178
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Happy Friday Jayce~ I wanted to stop by and tell you that I LOVE your siggy by Anna Quindlan. Really true and inspiring.

~Blonde
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:58 AM   #1179
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the feedback, Lexi...I think my goal is reachable, also! It gives me something on which to focus my efforts again.

You're doing so well with the workouts...you're rockin' it, chica! And HECK YES, I'm glad it's Friday! Even though I didn't work Monday, I swear this week went by slowly. Kinda strange...lol.

Blonde: Hey, lady! Thanks! Once I saw that quote, it completely resonated with me. I have always been a huge perfectionist, so seeing that quote every time I log in here helps bring me a little bit of peace.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:41 AM   #1180

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Hey Jayce, I too agree that your bday goal is very doable!! Great that your bf is helping with budgeting, it's still hard for me to stick to mine. Hope the antibiotics have kicked in and you're feeling a lot better, UTIs suck!
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:39 AM   #1181
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Hey Jayce, I too agree that your bday goal is very doable!! Great that your bf is helping with budgeting, it's still hard for me to stick to mine. Hope the antibiotics have kicked in and you're feeling a lot better, UTIs suck!
Thanks for the encouragement, Shari! I really gotta buckle down on the eating -- trying to keep my carbs around 150 or lower (ideally 100 and below). I have been experiencing bloating for some reason -- not sure if it had something to do with antibiotics or what. I'm really going to work on eating as few carbs as possible in the evening to see if that helps.

Yea, the budget thing is no fun, but I desperately needed it. I already went over my grocery budget for this week by $13...ughhhh. Guess I just have to keep trying!

Saw 230.4 this weekend (down from 232.8 Friday), but this morning it said 231.2. Feeling super bloated/gassy (TMI, I know...lol) for some reason. Brought my lunch & snacks today -- tuna salad, apple, banana, Dannon light lemon yogurt, string cheese, Laughing Cow light creamy swiss wedge, 2 graham crackers and Jif natural PB on the side, light apple sauce. I also have a Wawa cheese & grapes with crackers from the other day that I forgot I bought. I should be good to go with food!

Hit the gym Friday night after work and Saturday morning -- did my usual walk/run intervals and incline intervals. I was proud of myself Saturday b/c I did 3 rounds of 2 minutes running straight...that's an accomplishment for me. Supposed to be doing the 30 Day Squat challenge, and I already spaced it. LOL! A dayum shame...will start today!

Last edited by Jayce; 06-03-2013 at 05:41 AM..
Old 06-03-2013, 06:54 AM   #1182
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That running stuff is just amazing! Your snacks and lunch sound yummy. A great start to the week. Have a fantastic day!
Old 06-03-2013, 08:12 AM   #1183
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Monday GIRL!!!!
Old 06-03-2013, 09:31 AM   #1184
Blabbermouth!!!

You're doing great!! Food sounds yum.. keep on like that and the scale will have no choice but to move.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:23 AM   #1185

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Jayce I am with ya, I would love to see the teens again!!! I will be cheering along with you!!!!! Exercise is a huge part of it, I know when I drag my sorry butt to the gym at 5 am I am not as likely to feed it crap all day long! Another thing I used to go to the gym after work at 4 at my old job, so I would have workout clothes on at night, and I would do push ups, sit ups, etc while watching tv, that is a good trick to help you move at night too!
Old 06-04-2013, 06:51 AM   #1186
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
That running stuff is just amazing! Your snacks and lunch sound yummy. A great start to the week. Have a fantastic day!
I have a love/hate relationship with running...lol. I think a lot of people feel that way though, especially in the beginning. I do notice that I get to a certain point where I start feeling "good" running, however. The breathing can still be difficult...with the legs hurting I usually just focus on putting one foot in front of the other until I make it through the interval. LOL.

My food was good yesterday! I actually got full and couldn't eat all the food I brought, so I guess that's a good thing. Hope your week has started well, Ms. Blonde.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
Happy Monday GIRL!!!!
Hey Lexi! I know you're counting down the days till you go on vacay...I'm jealous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
You're doing great!! Food sounds yum.. keep on like that and the scale will have no choice but to move.
Thanks, Dani! I felt more "in control" yesterday, and that was a good feeling. I got on the scale this morning just b/c I felt like I did really well yesterday, and I saw 229.6 & 229.8 again. Woot Woot! I need to keep the momentum going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Jayce I am with ya, I would love to see the teens again!!! I will be cheering along with you!!!!! Exercise is a huge part of it, I know when I drag my sorry butt to the gym at 5 am I am not as likely to feed it crap all day long! Another thing I used to go to the gym after work at 4 at my old job, so I would have workout clothes on at night, and I would do push ups, sit ups, etc while watching tv, that is a good trick to help you move at night too!
Thanks for the support, Amber...I appreciate all of y'all! I told my bf this past weekend that it seems like it's easier to run in the mornings than in the evening...I just have to commit to the getting up early aspect. There are definitely fewer people at the gym at that time, which is nice.

I think I need to start doing arm exercises while watching TV...that would be a good idea. Or squats!

Well, ladies, I'm in a good mood today...seeing that number again put a smile on my face. I am feeling like I can grab back the reins and do it!!! I took my Natural Calm magnesium before bed...going to try taking it every night. Tummy feels better today. I'm going to actively work on eating most of my carbs before the evening b/c I think that will help.

I completed W1D1 of C25K last night...my legs started cramping a bit, but I got past it. I added in an extra 1.5 minute run & 2 minutes at an incline of 12 & 10 at like 3.3 mph...I felt like I wanted to work out a little longer, so that's why I added those. I usually start feeling the endorphins kick in towards the end of my workout.

Made a protein shake last night & this morning using my Designer Whey vanilla powder, banana, and some Pb2. That was my first time trying Pb2...I was excited b/c I found it at the commissary on Sunday. Need to print out some smoothie recipes using that stuff!

Last edited by Jayce; 06-04-2013 at 06:54 AM..
Old 06-04-2013, 07:15 AM   #1187
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I love that you has such a good day yesterday! Bringing the right food, hitting the gym...your confidence is glowing. I do better when I work out in the morning, too. Re: the carbs, most 'experts' agree that it's better to have them earlier in the day rather than later. Your smoothie sounds yum. Have a fabulous day!
Old 06-04-2013, 10:17 AM   #1188
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I love that you has such a good day yesterday! Bringing the right food, hitting the gym...your confidence is glowing. I do better when I work out in the morning, too. Re: the carbs, most 'experts' agree that it's better to have them earlier in the day rather than later. Your smoothie sounds yum. Have a fabulous day!
Aw, thanks. I do feel more confident today...it's really interesting how making a few relatively "small" changes can have an effect on how I feel.

Well, I was surprised with an award today at work! It's called the Beacon Award, and they said they wanted to acknowledge what I've done for them (been here 6 months now). It came w/ a $25 Visa card too...woot! I like the following quote that was in the card:

Having a simple, clearly defined goal can capture the imagination and inspire passion. It can cut through the fog like a beacon in the night.

I thought this can definitely apply to my journey to a healthier me, as well. Cool, huh?
Old 06-04-2013, 11:29 AM   #1189
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Absolutely COOL! Congrats! For a split second I thought it was the 'Bacon Award". With the new found $25 bucks, you're now longer over budget and actually $12 ahead! WOOT!!
Old 06-04-2013, 11:42 AM   #1190
Blabbermouth!!!

All kinds of good things going on over here!
Congrat's on the new lower number and for that fantastic award!!!!
Old 06-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #1191
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Absolutely COOL! Congrats! For a split second I thought it was the 'Bacon Award". With the new found $25 bucks, you're now longer over budget and actually $12 ahead! WOOT!!
LOL...the "Bacon" Award would be pretty sweet, also!
Yea, I thought it was cool that I received $ when I needed it since I'd gone over budget on my groceries Sunday. It's interesting how sometimes things show up when you really need them!

Quote:
All kinds of good things going on over here! Congrats on the new lower number and for that fantastic award!!!!
Thanks, lady! It's been a pretty good day so far.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:24 AM   #1192
Major LCF Poster!

I peeked at the scale again (I know, I know)...229.4. That baby is moving in the right direction finally! Bringing my own food to work is making a huge difference for me b/c it's giving me back the control. Just had some 2% cottage cheese with pineapple chunks...yummy snack!

Hitting PF after work for W1D2 of Couch to 5K...focused! I also need to pull out my Turbo Jam DVDs and rotate those b/c I know several people who swear by Chalene's workouts, and it seems somewhat fun too.

Happy Hump Day, y'all!
Old 06-05-2013, 08:36 AM   #1193
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good work!!! (stop peeking)
Old 06-05-2013, 09:17 AM   #1194
Blabbermouth!!!

Keep on truckin lady! Good work!

You've got a great plan in place, and yep, the good-for-you food that you bring with you..all of that is setting you up for major success. Amazing what taking time for ourselves, time to plan, and time to workout, etc..will do for us!
Old 06-06-2013, 10:35 AM   #1195
Major LCF Poster!

Still doing well...about to go eat shortly.

Did W1D2 workout last night -- so far, so good.

I asked my bf if he'd do The Color Run 5K with me in Richmond in September, and he said yes. Woot woot! My friend asked me to do a Cinderella 5K at Disney World next February also, so I said I'd do it.

On a side note: My bf & I talked last night for almost 2 hours straight about different things...it was great. I feel closer to him than ever, and I definitely see myself being with him in the future. I feel like I'm "growing up" in some ways! Haha...
Old 06-06-2013, 11:03 AM   #1196
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Still doing well...about to go eat shortly.

Did W1D2 workout last night -- so far, so good.

I asked my bf if he'd do The Color Run 5K with me in Richmond in September, and he said yes. Woot woot! My friend asked me to do a Cinderella 5K at Disney World next February also, so I said I'd do it.

On a side note: My bf & I talked last night for almost 2 hours straight about different things...it was great. I feel closer to him than ever, and I definitely see myself being with him in the future. I feel like I'm "growing up" in some ways! Haha...
Such a great "status"..this made me smile
Old 06-07-2013, 06:43 AM   #1197
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Such a great "status"..this made me smile
Thanks, lady! Got some positive vibes going on over here.

Well, I was 232.8 last Friday morning (232 a little later that morning, lol...I can be obsessive sometimes)...228.0 this morning! CHEAAAAAAA buddy! I am ecstatic with those results -- especially b/c I haven't had to cut my carbs way down. I am still watching them, but I have at least 100 a day and sometimes 200+! I think what kind of carbs I eat is more important than the sheer amount.

Will be doing my last workout of Week 1 for C25K this evening. Hoping it goes as well as Wednesday's did. I watched a video on running form and will be trying to focus on certain aspects.

Last edited by Jayce; 06-07-2013 at 06:50 AM..
Old 06-07-2013, 06:51 AM   #1198
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great news!! Congrats Jayce.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:44 AM   #1199
Blabbermouth!!!

You are kicking butt! Go you!!!
Old 06-08-2013, 04:38 AM   #1200

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Jayce doll I feel like I have not been in here since I see you on FB now! Congrats on your award at work!!!!! Excellent on the weight loss, and I am so happy you and your BF are moving forward and he is so supportive of you with the running, budgeting etc, that is a dude that really cares when he wants to support you in all those areas!!!! I would say your life is looking up these days and you have lots to be thankful for!!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote