Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 03:44 AM   #1141
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
I see the progress JG! Pics are always shockers....I untag myself in all! Keep it up! Love the workout enthusiasm!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2013, 01:34 PM   #1142
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
I see the progress JG! Pics are always shockers....I untag myself in all! Keep it up! Love the workout enthusiasm!
Thanks, Cle! Yes, pictures can be "scary" sometimes. I've had to untag myself before. LOL

Well, I was irritated this morning b/c I weighed 231.8 for some reason. I don't know why. I worked out twice Saturday -- both circuit-style workouts. I was sore yesterday and today, so I may have overdid it. I am considering not weighing every day anymore. It is starting to eff with my head. I don't want to be "crazy" over it...

I'm broke right now -- ready for friggin' payday! My sister is getting married Friday, and my bf's 30th b-day is Friday also. Will be a busy weekend!

Make the commitment, invest the time, and do the work to make things matter.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:36 PM   #1143
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
you had me at pole dancing, ow ow!! lol

i usually don't post on weekends so i'll see ya on fb or back here monday!

have a great weekend!!!!
Hehe...yea, I think it would be fun. I like dancing, so I'm going to check it out one day.

Hope you had a great Mother's Day, chica!
Old 05-14-2013, 04:15 AM   #1144
Major LCF Poster!

Very fatigued last night...came home and slept for like an hour and some change. Didn't have much of an appetite. I woke up this morning still feeling just overall "blech" & my stomach hurts...decided to stay home. Got a leave of absence from bootcamp this week.

I may be in a slight "funk"...just need some time to myself and some more Z's right now.

Later~~
Old 05-14-2013, 06:44 AM   #1145
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/215.6/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
I think workouts make you retain water. I know my loss doesn't usually show after a bootcamp workout for two days. its best not to weigh everyday. it does mess with your mind. im addicted to the damn scale!
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:45 AM   #1146
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post

Hope you had a great Mother's Day, chica!
awe thanks!
Old 05-14-2013, 06:45 AM   #1147
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Very fatigued last night...came home and slept for like an hour and some change. Didn't have much of an appetite. I woke up this morning still feeling just overall "blech" & my stomach hurts...decided to stay home. Got a leave of absence from bootcamp this week.

I may be in a slight "funk"...just need some time to myself and some more Z's right now.

Later~~
Everyone has those days. You'll get through I promise.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:09 AM   #1148
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I think workouts make you retain water. I know my loss doesn't usually show after a bootcamp workout for two days. its best not to weigh everyday. it does mess with your mind. im addicted to the damn scale!
I think I am going to try weighing twice a week instead of daily...I think Amber suggested doing it on Mondays and Fridays when I talked about this before. I think you're right about exercise making you retain water...it's pissing me off. LOL! I know it's good for my body though, so I guess I need to get over the scales. Oy vey.

Quote:
Everyone has those days. You'll get through I promise.
Thanks, Lexi. I didn't want to be around anyone, so I pretty much slept and read all day. I did go over to my bf's last night though.

I ate Chick-fil-A yesterday and considered it my "treat meal" for the week...I kind of felt like I needed it b/c I've been freaking myself out a bit lately. I need to be focused on my health and making good choices, but I don't want a number on the scale to dictate whether I have a good day or not.

Headed to the gym after work -- haven't exercised since Saturday. Downloaded C25K app on my phone, so hopefully it'll work. If not, I can figure it out on the treadmill.

230.4 this morning...my scale has been a b*tch lately. Just want to get solidly in the 220s!
Old 05-15-2013, 09:26 AM   #1149
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
I'm sorry you've had "a moment"... I think we all have them and just need to hide from the world a bit. Good for you for taking it!

I despise the fact that a simple # can decide whether I'm gonna have a good day or not..I can definitely relate with that.

I was gonna ask you about the gym...you go to PF right? We have one near here and I'm considering jumping in with both feet and just going... what's it like??

Have a good day chicky, and good for you for giving the c25k thing a try!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:29 AM   #1150
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I'm sorry you've had "a moment"... I think we all have them and just need to hide from the world a bit. Good for you for taking it!

I despise the fact that a simple # can decide whether I'm gonna have a good day or not..I can definitely relate with that.

I was gonna ask you about the gym...you go to PF right? We have one near here and I'm considering jumping in with both feet and just going... what's it like??

Have a good day chicky, and good for you for giving the c25k thing a try!
Yes...I think it's necessary sometimes for me to "detach" from things. I really just slept and read all day.

Yes, I go to Planet Fitness...when I first went, I had to get used to it being different from my previous gym, which was huge and had tons of classes and "extras." PF is moreso just treadmills, ellipticals, bikes, weights, a circuit room...that's how they keep their costs down. There are also massage tables and tanning beds, but I haven't used either. It's included in my membership though. You can do the $10 a month membership, or you can upgrade and get the "Black Card" for $19.95 a month. I got that one b/c I can go to any PF in the local area, whereas you can only use the 1 gym at which you signed up with the $10 membership.

I have only used the treadmill so far, but I will probably start using the elliptical soon. For the amount paid, I think it's a good choice. I was paying $39.95 a month before at OneLife Fitness, and I wasn't going regularly. The Y is really expensive here, like $60 a month for a single person! O_O

I did 2.3 miles last night, cycling my incline levels. I went all the way up to 15 one time for 2 minutes...that was hard! lol. I actually didn't feel that I could run last night, so I made sure I still got a good sweat in. Not sure if the running thing is going to come along, but I will still consider it. I'm really interested in starting weights soon, so I need to sit down with a few trainers I've contacted.

230.2 today.

My sister gets married tomorrow, so I'm leaving work at 3 P.M. today. I still gotta pack an overnight bag b/c she and I are staying in the same room at a bed & breakfast. We're going to walk by the river and then go out to a restaurant/pub. I'm paying for her to get her hair and nails done in the morning at this really nice spa. I think I may just get a pedicure...I'm not getting my hair done b/c it's short, so I can do it myself.

Tomorrow is also my boyfriend's 30th birthday, and his mom, sister, & niece are driving down from Ohio. This will be my first time meeting them...a little nervous.

Going to be a busy weekend!
Old 05-16-2013, 06:22 AM   #1151
Major LCF Poster!

I've never had chick fil a, we don't have one in Lincoln where i live, but there is one in Omaha. I've heard its really good though!

$20/month for a membership is a GREAT deal. I'm super spoiled, my friend works at an awesome gym so i get to go for free as her "plus one" i get everything free, the gym, plus group fitness classes and bootcamp. I go to two bootcamps/week and one group class. I just bought an elliptical, im not using it as much because i'd rather take advantage of the bootcamps but it will REALLY come in handy when my friend quits the gym and for maintaining.

WOW! sounds like an AMAZING weekend!!!! are you in the wedding? I love weddings! I'm going to a wedding in august, my goal is to be at 199 for that wedding. i CANT wait to go dress shopping!!! i'll see some people i only see like twice/year and i know they'll be able to tell i've lost

oooh! happy birthday to your man! I just turned 30 in march, its been the same so far haha.

good luck with meeting the fam! I'm sure they'll love you!

current weight
215.6 as of 08/08/2014
End of August = 210 or less
End of October = 200 or less
End of December = 190 or less
End of February = 180 or less
End of April = 170 or less
Old 05-16-2013, 08:45 AM   #1152
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you! I think this kinda place is right up my alley...no foof, or fluff... for a good price. Problem around here is there are alot of gyms that are called that but their prices are ridiculous.

Do you get personal training included in the $20 a month? It'd be nice to get critiqued on form and how much cardio/weight training should be happening, etc.

Have a great time this weekend!!! Don't be nervous about meeting his family, they will love you!
Old 05-16-2013, 09:33 AM   #1153
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I've never had chick fil a, we don't have one in Lincoln where i live, but there is one in Omaha. I've heard its really good though!

$20/month for a membership is a GREAT deal. I'm super spoiled, my friend works at an awesome gym so i get to go for free as her "plus one" i get everything free, the gym, plus group fitness classes and bootcamp. I go to two bootcamps/week and one group class. I just bought an elliptical, im not using it as much because i'd rather take advantage of the bootcamps but it will REALLY come in handy when my friend quits the gym and for maintaining.

WOW! sounds like an AMAZING weekend!!!! are you in the wedding? I love weddings! I'm going to a wedding in august, my goal is to be at 199 for that wedding. i CANT wait to go dress shopping!!! i'll see some people i only see like twice/year and i know they'll be able to tell i've lost

oooh! happy birthday to your man! I just turned 30 in march, its been the same so far haha.

good luck with meeting the fam! I'm sure they'll love you!

I love Chick-fil-A...they're my favorite fast food, hands-down. Wendy's is my second.

Yea, it's gonna be a busy weekend! We're going to do something with my bf's family after my sister's wedding & reception (his family is arriving in town tomorrow), and then we're probably going out in VA Beach with some of his friends for his b-day. Saturday I'm not sure what all is going on, but I bought a good deal on Groupon to try this nice place that has Japanese, Chinese, & Thai food...he loves anything like that. I have a feeling I'm going to be worn out after the next few days! LOL.

Quote:
Thank you! I think this kinda place is right up my alley...no foof, or fluff... for a good price. Problem around here is there are alot of gyms that are called that but their prices are ridiculous.

Do you get personal training included in the $20 a month? It'd be nice to get critiqued on form and how much cardio/weight training should be happening, etc.

Have a great time this weekend!!! Don't be nervous about meeting his family, they will love you!
Dani, I answered you on your journal.

I am not worried about meeting his sister, but I overheard his mom on a phone call once when we first started dating, and it wasn't pleasant. I'm hoping that things will go well, though.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:43 AM   #1154
Major LCF Poster!

So, longgggggg weekend! Overall, everything went pretty well, though. My sister's wedding went pretty much perfectly, and the weather was gorgeous. The hairstylist did a great job on her hair, which was in a 40's style.

Meeting the bf's mom went better than I expected. A little rough in the beginning, but I tried to just suck it up and act like myself.

My bf's birthday dinner was nice, and we had a few drinks afterward, but the bar we went to was kinda lame (played depressing-ass music), so my bf wanted to go home early. I think we went to bed by 10:30. LOL! Our 6 month anniversary was Saturday also...we didn't get to be by ourselves b/c he had family at his house all weekend, but I tried to just go with the flow.

I am kinda dreading bootcamp class tonight -- not gonna lie! I only worked out once last week, so I have a feeling it's gonna be brutal tonight.

I weighed 230 this morning, which was surprising b/c I had quite a few drinks all weekend and ate off-plan. We shall see. I've decided that I'm not going to weigh every day, so I think I will stick to Mondays & Fridays. Saturdays will be my weigh-in for bootcamp. I may start going to Zumba this week, also -- I bought a Groupon for classes.

Last edited by Jayce; 05-20-2013 at 11:46 AM..
Old 05-21-2013, 08:05 AM   #1155
Major LCF Poster!

Didn't end up going to class last night...I tried a new salad from Chick-fil-A b/c they got rid of all the old ones. O_O I loved their Chargrilled Chicken salad, and let me just tell you, the Cobb salad I tried instead was gross. It also had breaded chicken on it instead of grilled (grrr) and corn in it (weird!). I felt nauseated the rest of the work day after eating it!

Went home and did some laundry, then headed to bf's. It would've been better to stay home b/c he was in a "mood" and didn't want to talk at all. I went in the back room and read the rest of the night and went to bed without him. Not sure how to deal with this character trait of his -- we've talked about it before. I told him everyone has a right to be upset (he wasn't upset with me), but if we're going to have a long-term relationship, then I can't deal with being ignored like I'm not there. I understand that men don't like to talk things out like women do, but I don't feel that I need to be there if he's acting like an invisible wall separates us. I told him I'm probably staying at my place tonight.

Been re-reading some relationship books, but I'm not sure what the best course of action would be. I'm willing to reduce our time spent together b/c it seems that maybe that would help??? IDK.

Tracking my food -- need to hit the grocery store for basics. TOM is here for a visit. I will not weigh until Friday morning.

Last edited by Jayce; 05-21-2013 at 08:08 AM..
Old 05-21-2013, 08:59 AM   #1156
Blabbermouth!!!

What! They got rid of their original salads? Really? I'm way bummed to hear that you felt oogie after eating one! Sheesh!!!

Wow..well, I'm sorry to hear the questioning you've got going on regarding the boy.. I think you just need to follow your gut and go with what you feel is right. Hang in there, it will work out how it's supposed to!

Go get your sweat on and let your mind wander...I come up with some of my best stuff when I'm either working out or in the shower
Old 05-21-2013, 09:29 AM   #1157
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
What! They got rid of their original salads? Really? I'm way bummed to hear that you felt oogie after eating one! Sheesh!!!

Wow..well, I'm sorry to hear the questioning you've got going on regarding the boy.. I think you just need to follow your gut and go with what you feel is right. Hang in there, it will work out how it's supposed to!

Go get your sweat on and let your mind wander...I come up with some of my best stuff when I'm either working out or in the shower
Yea, apparently a lot of people are not happy about them getting rid of the previous salads. I actually contacted their headquarters myself b/c I will not go there much anymore due to the change. I actually dropped the F-bomb when the girl taking my order told me they no longer sold my salad. Ooops! LOL

I know we're still figuring things out (we're 6 months into our relationship), so I'm going to see what my "gut" says. I do think it's a good idea on my part to put a little space into the equation. We spend every night together, and it's been that way for a long time. But yes, it will work itself out somehow. If we're supposed to be together, then I guess we will find out.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:41 AM   #1158
Major LCF Poster!

Hey girl, sorry to hear about your relationship problems. The first thing that comes to mind to me is that the first at least 6 months to a year of a new relationship is supposed to be the "honeymoon" period. If you're already having problems or whatever the issue is, i don't think that is a good sign. that being said i don't really know ANYTHING about your relationship and you and him could very well be meant to be. Just something to ponder. Everyone has problems but what you describe sounds like something i know i wouldn't want to deal with for the rest of my life.

relationships are tough, i hope you've found your mister right, but once you know (and i mean deep down really know) then you'll have to do whats best for you

If you both are willing to work on things and make them better thats as good as any reason to try and make it work. Thats how marriages/relationships make it through the long run...

I'm hoping my scale will be like yours after my up coming sunday night of dinner and drinks, i wont be eating off plan but the drinks themselves will cause some flucations!!
Old 05-22-2013, 04:47 AM   #1159
Major LCF Poster!

Hey chickie -- thanks for "listening," as always. I know what you're saying about the honeymoon period, but I know that our relationship has progressed fairly quickly for the time we've been dating. We have spent almost every night together since December roughly (aside from when he went out of town for NYE), so I've never been around someone this much in my 33 (soon to be 34) years of dating. LOL. It's an eye-opener!

I did stick to my guns and stayed home last night...he wasn't happy about it, but I felt it was the right thing to do. They say men react more so to actions as opposed to words (because at some point they start tuning the "feelings" out), so I think I got my message across. We definitely have some work to do on communication.

I am feeling pretty bloated right now...on day 3 of TOM. I decided to be "bad" last night for dinner and got a Son of Baconator, LARGE fries, and LARGE sweet tea from Wendy's. I was so full, it wasn't even funny. I go to bootcamp tonight -- I haven't worked out in a week (only went to gym once last week), so I know I'm going to have to SUCK IT UP tonight! YIKES. I plan on trying to get a lot of water in today before I go! The rest of the week I'm going to focus on putting excuses aside and getting back to business. My bf's coworker did tell me several times this weekend that I've looked like I've lost weight (she saw me about a month ago), so that made me feel good. It reaffirms to me that even if the scale isn't moving as quickly as I'd like, the exercise is definitely changing my body!

Last edited by Jayce; 05-22-2013 at 04:50 AM..
Old 05-22-2013, 06:14 AM   #1160
Major LCF Poster!

I know how that goes, thats how me and my hubby were, he pretty much moved in after our first date, we've had our ups and downs too so i can understand. I think space is important when you are trying to get to know someone, so i think you did the right thing. You never want to "lose" yourself in a relationship, it helps to keep doing things for you and staying independent. Easier said than done!

and yes men do respond better to actions vs words!!

well we all have bad meals, what you choose to do after that meal is what will make or break your success. sounds like you are ok with it and are moving on and i think thats the best attitude to have

woo-hoo for bootcamp! i went last night, all we did was RUN RUN RUN and pull tires! I'm always the slowest, i feel like my weight holds me back. im definitely not in horrible shape. I'm hoping once i can get down to like 175 that maybe i'll get faster.

i LOVE It when people notice my loss! My bosses boss knows im dieting and he could tell its working, he told me so yesterday! And my mom says stuff too but shes mom so shes supposed to say things like that
Old 05-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #1161
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, still nervous for tonight, but I'm also ready for some endorphins to start flowing...I miss 'em! I'm pissed b/c I took all my new contact lenses over to my bf's, so I had to wear my glasses today...I have a feeling my glasses are gonna be sliding all over the place during bootcamp! ARGH...lol.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:24 PM   #1162
Blabbermouth!!!

Fast movers over here! *raises hand*...we were moved in together 6wks after meeting..and the rest is history.. we have definitely had our ups & downs, even nearly divorcing..it has been HARD, but anything worth having is hard work. You just gotta ask yourself if the good outweighs the bad, and if the work is worth the reward. Communication is the biggest killer of most relationships and you definitely should keep at that with him and not shy away from asking the hard questions when they need to be asked.

Enjoy the workout tonight. It will feel good to move and sweat!... Yep, I should take my own advice, eh?
Old 05-23-2013, 05:54 AM   #1163
Major LCF Poster!

i HATE wearing glasses during a workout! My vision isn't so bad so i can get away with it if i don't have contacts in but i'd rather not. i don't actually wear any glasses or contacts at work, but i like my glasses for driving and watching tv. and for bootcamps i need some help so i can see the board that they write out our workouts on!

hope your workout rocked!
Old 05-23-2013, 07:43 AM   #1164
Major LCF Poster!

Girl, I'm about blind...lol. I am so nearsighted, it's not funny.

I was stuck in traffic for 2 hours last night...apparently a tractor trailer was on its side, and it took them 5 hours until they could clear the lanes! The issue was the cargo weight, they said. My bootcamp was at 6:30, so at 6:12 I had finally gotten up to the interstate only to find that they'd completely blocked off the exit and all westbound lanes! I was still 30 miles away, so there was absolutely no way to get there on time. I had horrible anxiety by the time I got home and felt really nauseated. I took some Natural Calm to make it better, but yea...wasn't happy.

I got up at 5:15 this morning and went to Planet Fitness...ran 11 minutes in intervals (did about 35 minutes total) and even got my speed up to 6.5 mph during one. I was proud of myself -- aside from when my mp3 player decided to go flying off the treadmill! I had to pause, and then accidentally cleared all workout info off my display (ARGHHH) and had to start again. I will be glad to get a HRM soon.

Weather is nasty here...traffic was bad again this morning b/c it was raining so heavily and people drive like complete nincompoops here.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:30 AM   #1165
Major LCF Poster!

I was lucky and use to work for an eye dr, at age 21 i got lasik for free. Since ive had my babies my vision has changed, while its not near what it was i need contacts/glasses now and before i didn't need them at all.

OMG i would have been SO pissed!!! I can't beleive your bootcamp is 30 miles away! Thats amazing that you don't let that get in your way. I don't know how big your town is but you can drive anywhere in lincoln within no more than 10 miles id say lol!

Awesome Job at getting your workout in!!

i hate bad drivers!

well TGIF! Do you have monday off? I do and im VERY happy about it lol.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:37 AM   #1166
Blabbermouth!!!

Bummer about the bootcamp! Wow that's some dedication to drive that far to make sure you do it. Good girl! Proud of you for sticking to the gym so early! I used to absolutely love wee-morning workouts..it tended to set up really great days!

Have a great weekend!
Old 05-26-2013, 09:14 AM   #1167
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Jayce, I see you're doing well...hope you have a great weekend.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:57 AM   #1168
Major LCF Poster!

Hey girl! how was your memorial day??
Old 05-29-2013, 07:06 AM   #1169
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Bummer about the bootcamp! Wow that's some dedication to drive that far to make sure you do it. Good girl! Proud of you for sticking to the gym so early! I used to absolutely love wee-morning workouts..it tended to set up really great days! Have a great weekend!
Traffic here can be RIDIC a lot of times! We have a bunch of cities close together, but you have to use bridges or tunnels to go in between (Chesapeake, Suffolk, Portsmouth, Hampton, Newport News, Norfolk, & Virginia Beach). We also have like every branch of military here, so that contributes to the traffic jams as well.

I do seem to like exercising better in the mornings; I just hate getting up that early. LOL! I got up at 5:10 this morning and went...I surprised myself by running 3 minutes straight. I felt good, so I decided to keep going past my usual 1 minute interval. I actually think I could've kept going till 5 minutes, but I didn't want to push it. I hadn't worked out since last Thursday, so I was kinda surprised I felt good running.

I had 2 days last week where I felt extremely dizzy/lightheaded and nauseated, so my boss actually drove me to my doctor's office 30 miles away (super nice of him). I had fasting bloodwork done on Friday, and my doctor said my results were good. He also said my cholesterol was very good. I need to go pick up a copy of the results for myself. He recommended me to an allergist, so I have an appointment next month. In the meantime, I need to take my Nasonex every day to see if it helps. I had an ad to place my cat in a new home (mainly b/c I'm never really home anymore), and I met a great couple Saturday and took my cat to check out the place and meet them. They picked her up Sunday, so now it's kinda weird because I've had a cat for the last 12 years straight. I do think it'll help my allergies though b/c cat hair was one of the things for which I tested positively in the past. Until I see the allergist, I've gotten a "leave" from bootcamp class -- she's going to hold my membership until I find out what's going on with me definitely.

I will keep working out at my regular gym and doing some DVD's at home. I have a Groupon for Zumba classes, so I plan on starting that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Jayce, I see you're doing well...hope you have a great weekend.
Hi, Shari! Thanks for stopping in! How are things on your end of things??

Quote:
Hey girl! how was your memorial day?
Hey Lexi! I had a good holiday weekend...got a lot accomplished, actually. I gotta start working on packing and cleaning b/c I'm moving by July 1st (will be renting a room in a condo). It's closer to work, it's in a great part of Norfolk, and it's not too far from my boyfriend or family. It's also $100 less a month, and it's a nicer place. I'm looking forward to the change.

I definitely overindulged over the holiday weekend...scale is up about 3 lbs as of this morning. I need to get my mind back on track ASAP.

Happy Hump Day, everyone!!!
Old 05-29-2013, 07:34 AM   #1170
Major LCF Poster!

Moving is exciting and congrats on saving some $$ thats ALWAYS a plus, sounds like you'll be saving some gas money too!