Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 07:16 AM   #1111
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/215.6/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
YUM YUM YUM i love fish!! yea bootcamp is no joke but it really helps you burn so mayjah fat and build muscle! my biceps are insane right now lol. just gotta get the fat off them and they will really shine! i find each week a different body part is sore lol. this week its my side abs/back and my tush a little!

how many weeks is your program? you should think of a reward for yourself once you complete it.

i think 1600 is reasonable, id be ok with that for me.
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2013, 09:19 AM   #1112
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
I purchased 20 classes and I must attend 3 a week, so that's right under 7 weeks, right? I am considering joining again after this is up depending on my results and how the classes go. I like the place so far.

I guess it's hard for me to switch to freaking out about calories b/c I'm so used to doing LC, and I never worried about that. I've been tracking my calories online, but all of the calorie calculators that successful people have recommended to me advise I take in at least 1800 right now. I don't know...

I will try lowering my calories, but if I start feeling like I'm starving, then I'm going to adjust as I see fit. I've lost right under 5 lbs this month with 1800+ calories and adding in exercise (also dropped sodas last month). I would love to lose more per week, but I want to make sure I'm not losing muscle as well.

Weight loss can be such a mind-game, at times...I guess it's different for each one of us.

Make the commitment, invest the time, and do the work to make things matter.

Last edited by Jayce; 04-29-2013 at 09:35 AM..
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:28 AM   #1113
Major LCF Poster!

amen to that, weight loss IS a mind game! im feeling really good about what im doing right now, for long term. weight watchers has been amazing. i don't feel deprived at all, and the fasting two days per week is definitely manageable. and i WANT to fast because i KNOW i will see results immediately. there is no guessing! I feel like it keeps my body guessing, which is good. my hubby is doing it too.
i don't think i'll ever go back to low carb. the first time around i had such great results but then never again. its just too restrictive for me.

that being said if you are losing then what you are doing is working, and everyone is different. we all have the same goal at the end of the day, and doesn't really matter how we get there as long as we get there!

current weight
215.6 as of 08/08/2014
End of August = 210 or less
End of October = 200 or less
End of December = 190 or less
End of February = 180 or less
End of April = 170 or less
Old 04-29-2013, 01:48 PM   #1114
Major LCF Poster!

I think I may track my food on my WW phone app, then log the calories, carbs, etc. online to compare my levels. If I do that for a week, I should get a good idea of where I need to be, most likely. I'm trying to figure it all out with this exercise added in.

Thanks for "listening"...
Old 04-30-2013, 05:40 AM   #1115
Major LCF Poster!

I weighed 230.2 this morning, which makes 6.4 lost in April. I'll take it! I'm definitely going to hit the 220's soon!

Last night's bootcamp class was harder than Saturday's...we had to do a cajillion jumping jacks again (my feet & lower calves start cramping up towards the end), football drills (moving your feet constantly with hands out), planks (I even did a few planks where you turn to the side & lift hand towards ceiling). I need gloves for those b/c I kept slipping on the floor and almost fell...LOL. I was wiped out after the class, but I feel good about myself that I'm committed to going. Tonight I'll be hitting the gym for intervals on the treadmill.

I've decided to give up pre-made juices -- I really like Naked Juices & have been drinking them fairly often (especially the "Blue Machine" one), but I think the hit in calories and carbs is probably more than I need. I am thinking of buying a juicer, though, so then I could make my own from fresh fruits & veggies. I'm going to start hitting up some local farmer's markets b/c I think it'll not only save me money, but also support the community.

I gave up all sodas on March 19th -- thank God it's been easier than I thought it would be. I gave up coffee over 2 weeks ago -- so far, so good. Will keep working on tweaking things!
Old 04-30-2013, 07:21 AM   #1116
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
I think I may track my food on my WW phone app, then log the calories, carbs, etc. online to compare my levels. If I do that for a week, I should get a good idea of where I need to be, most likely. I'm trying to figure it all out with this exercise added in.

Thanks for "listening"...
i think that is a great plan. and you're welcome and back atcha! its like a desert around here lately lol.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:23 AM   #1117
Major LCF Poster!

i find with bootcamps some classes are harder than others because you aren't ever doing the same workouts. and some instructors are harder too! im going tonight after work and maybe wednesday night too. we'll see.

Id try doing planks on a yoga mat, i bet that'll help.

i really want a juicer too but don't want to spend the $$!!! lol! it would be AWESOME for my fasting days tho. juice up some carrots, apple, spinach, YUMYUM!!
Old 04-30-2013, 09:18 AM   #1118
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
i think that is a great plan. and you're welcome and back atcha! its like a desert around here lately lol.
Girl, yes...it's quiet 'round these parts. LOL! I keep posting though b/c it helps me keep my mind focused where I need it to be.

Quote:
i find with bootcamps some classes are harder than others because you aren't ever doing the same workouts. and some instructors are harder too! im going tonight after work and maybe wednesday night too. we'll see.

Id try doing planks on a yoga mat, i bet that'll help.

i really want a juicer too but don't want to spend the $$!!! lol! it would be AWESOME for my fasting days tho. juice up some carrots, apple, spinach, YUMYUM!!
It was the same instructor, but she did different stuff...it seemed more intense. I do like that it's not predictable, though. I definitely feel like I'm going to get my money's worth out of these classes! What are some of the moves that your class does?

Yea, I have a yoga mat at home...I may take it next time. Either that or invest in some "sticky gloves." I have a problem with my hands sliding all the time...used to happen when I did yoga.

Yea, juicers are pricey...I am going to do some research online and think about it. I really want to start making the "Green Monster" drinks...a couple recipes are below:

Classic Green Monster

Yield: 1 serving/2 cups
Ingredients:
1 cup almond milk, or milk of choice
1 ripe banana, preferably peeled + frozen
2 handfuls organic spinach
1 tbsp chia seeds OR 1 tbsp ground flax
1 tbsp nut butter (here I used Dark Chocolate Almond Butter)
1-3 Ice cubes

Or this one...

Ingredients
*1 handful of ice
*1 handful of frozen fruit (I used strawberries, papaya, mango, bananas, and pineapple)
* 1 cup of almond milk
*2 handfuls of spinach
*1/2 c. to 3/4 c. of vanilla or plain yogurt
*1 tbsp. of chia or flax seeds
*1 tbsp. of honey

Last edited by Jayce; 04-30-2013 at 09:28 AM..
Old 05-01-2013, 07:33 AM   #1119
Major LCF Poster!

Did 3.56 miles on the treadmill last night -- for some reason, my calves were hurting really bad, so I only did four 1 minute running intervals at 5.0 mph. The rest of the time, I played around with incline and walking speed (usually around 3.3-3.5). My shirt was drenched in sweat, so I must've done something right...lol. I felt light-headed and nauseated last night, but not sure why -- I'm thinking it's either b/c I took my multivitamin late (without food) or b/c I swallowed a big spoonful of coconut oil before heading to the gym.

Same weight this morning (230.2), although I did see a number with "22" flash briefly. I hope to hit it any day now!

I have boot camp class tonight...gotta make sure I drink more water today than I did Monday. I do think it makes a difference in how I perform during exercise.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:42 AM   #1120
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
You're doing awesome at the gym!! GO YOU!!!

I'm thinkin the CO is probably what did the nausea thing... sometimes when I take it I feel that for a bit and then it disappears.. weird!

Enjoy your class tonight. You will be so glad that you decided to do this, I know it!!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:32 AM   #1121
Major LCF Poster!

yup, im going to keep posting too. i like to look back at my past posts.

we do all sorts of stuff at my bootcamp. we do alot of running and we have an obstacle course outside. we pull tires too. lets see, burpees, mountain climbers, skiiers, frog hops, squats, lunges, ball jacks, push ups, sit ups, leg raises, jump rope, we do EVERYTHING!!!!! My heart rate monitor usually registeres around 600 calories and thats just during class, it doesn't count how much more you burn for like 24 more hours after lol.

i had dreams last night about juicing because of talking about it with you. now you know you're in health mode when you dream about it haha.

i try to drink protein shakes like an hour before class. that really helps me!
Old 05-01-2013, 04:35 PM   #1122
Atkineer For Life

Gallery: godsbeloved79
Stats: 235.4/223.8/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/9/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
I weighed 230.2 this morning, which makes 6.4 lost in April. I'll take it! I'm definitely going to hit the 220's soon!
Good job Jamie! Keep up the good work.
godsbeloved79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:43 AM   #1123
Major LCF Poster!

Jamie, I miss you on here! i'm all by my lonesome lol.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:31 AM   #1124
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
You're doing awesome at the gym!! GO YOU!!!

I'm thinkin the CO is probably what did the nausea thing... sometimes when I take it I feel that for a bit and then it disappears.. weird!

Enjoy your class tonight. You will be so glad that you decided to do this, I know it!!
Thanks, Danielle...I worked out 6 days last week, which is more than I've ever done in my life -- even when playing sports in high school. If nothing else, I can be proud of that accomplishment.

Yea, sometimes CO can make me feel "weird" -- it's made me dizzy and flushed before. I probably need to take a smaller amount to start with...maybe with food?

Quote:
yup, im going to keep posting too. i like to look back at my past posts.

we do all sorts of stuff at my bootcamp. we do alot of running and we have an obstacle course outside. we pull tires too. lets see, burpees, mountain climbers, skiiers, frog hops, squats, lunges, ball jacks, push ups, sit ups, leg raises, jump rope, we do EVERYTHING!!!!! My heart rate monitor usually registeres around 600 calories and thats just during class, it doesn't count how much more you burn for like 24 more hours after lol.

i had dreams last night about juicing because of talking about it with you. now you know you're in health mode when you dream about it haha.

i try to drink protein shakes like an hour before class. that really helps me!
We do most of the stuff you mentioned, except for frog hops. I am seriously considering buying a jump rope just to practice at home so I don't look like a complete fool at class anymore. LOL! I want to buy a HRM, but I'm going to wait to buy myself one as a reward for reaching my next goal...that way, I kinda have something to push towards. I think I'll get the Polar FT4 one.

That's funny you had dreams about juicing! LOL...girl, yes, you can tell where your focus is! Cle just started juicing this week -- she posts on here occasionally still.

How was your weekend? My bf & I didn't do anything for Cinco de Mayo b/c we're both not drinking alcohol right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by godsbeloved79 View Post
Good job Jamie! Keep up the good work.
Thanks, Lyn! Thanks for the support, lady! We've just gotta keep the momentum going -- one step, one positive change, one day at a time.

I lost 1.1 my first week in bootcamp...thought it would be more, but I will take it. I was weighed after class though at almost 7:30 at night, so I plan on getting weighed after the Saturday morning class this week. I always weigh in mornings normally. I also think my body is still getting used to the exercise I'm doing b/c I am not losing as much as I thought I would, but I have been able to fit in smaller pants. Still figuring out the eating thing...

Last edited by Jayce; 05-06-2013 at 08:13 AM..
Old 05-06-2013, 07:43 AM   #1125
Major LCF Poster!

i definitely recommend getting a heart rate monitor. i love using it, i always check where my heart rate is and it makes me push harder to get it up! i have the polar as well and i love it!

my weekend was good but boring. im boycotting alcohol aside from one night every other weekend. but thats still really good for me. i used to never go a friday/sat night without having drinks. my weight loss is more important to me.

so for cinco de mayo i made (well tried to make) virgin margaritas with lite mix, the ice/mix combo must have been off because they didn't turn out well at all. still tasted good but the texture was off. And we listened to mariachi music while i made this bubble up enchilada casserole, it was WW friendly. it was fun! worked out both day too. went for a 2 mile run yesterday, it was hilly and tough but i didn't stop the whole time!

i think with bootcamps you're building muscle while losing fat so you can't worry too much about the scale. easier said than done though.

thats so awesome that you worked out 6 days last week, wow!
Old 05-07-2013, 07:57 AM   #1126
Major LCF Poster!

Yea, I think if I have a HRM, then it'll motivate me more b/c I'll be able to see the exact number of calories I'm burning -- that'll be really helpful for my bootcamp classes.

That's funny that you made the enchilada casserole b/c I just printed it out last week to make...LOL! Great minds think alike. It looked fairly simple to make, so that drew my attention also.

Good job on the 2 mile run! I am looking forward to the day when I can run long periods of time without stopping. It may take me awhile, but I'm trying to be patient with myself and just focus on doing the best I can each day.

Bootcamp definitely made me sweat last night...I was dripping by the time I left! I feel like my endurance is improving, at least.

Slept crappy last night...my bf has been snoring more than usual lately, so I went and slept on the couch in the living room. I had earplugs in, and he was still loud when I was in bed, so I couldn't take it anymore. LOL! I think he gets upset when I do that b/c he didn't really talk to me this morning and seemed "sulky" (I left the bedroom the other night too), but I have to get my rest! He is supposed to be using a CPAP machine for sleep apnea, but he isn't using it. It's kinda frustrating. He's a grown man, so I can't force him to use it. I do think it may help, though.

On a good note, I weighed 229.8 this morning. Just barely in the 220's, but I'm claiming it. LOL! Think I'm going to do my Jillian workout DVD tonight...

Last edited by Jayce; 05-07-2013 at 07:58 AM..
Old 05-07-2013, 09:40 AM   #1127
Major LCF Poster!

yea the HRM is great for motivation! i don't workout without it and feel sad when i forget it.

oh man, it was SO yummy! my kids loved it too!

bootcamp will get you're endurance up, you'll be amazed at your running ability after you've been going to bootcamp, even just after a month.

that sucks your b/f snores. i don't think i could take it. my hubby only snores when hes had too much to drink and i can't stand it. we're going on vacation next month and sharing a room with his brother who snores too. so im getting advil pm and i have ear plugs. hopefully that helps! my father in law snores so loudly that he and my mil don't even sleep in the same room anymore. your boyfriend should understand why you did that, i'd say, wear your mask or i can't sleep next to you lol.

wooo for being in the 220s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-07-2013, 11:46 AM   #1128
Major LCF Poster!

I definitely gotta try the casserole now...Yum!

Girl...I am so over the snoring. O_O I don't mind it when it's intermittent, but when it's constant and can be heard clearly despite my ear plugs, then I start focusing on it and it makes it super hard to fall asleep.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:05 AM   #1129
Major LCF Poster!

Hallelujah -- he didn't keep me awake last night! LOL.

He did fall asleep on the couch watching "Martin" while I was back in the bedroom reading, so I went out there about an hour later and woke him up so he could sleep in the bed.

Been checking out the South Beach Diet book...I looked into it before, and it is pretty close to "common sense" eating or the WW plan. Will be working on reducing a lot of processed foods from my diet within the next few weeks -- I eat a lot of protein bars, but noticed that the Special K ones I've been eating have partially hydrogenated oil in them, and that's not good. I ate 2 of them yesterday b/c I didn't eat much until dinner, so I really need to keep an eye on ingredients from now on! If I continue using protein bars, then I will buy ones like Clif Builder's Bars or Quest Nutrition Bars (they actually have a pretty good "natural" line...I've tried the Cinnamon Roll one).

Didn't work out yesterday b/c I felt completely wiped out, for some reason. I know I didn't drink very much water at all yesterday...wonder if that was a factor. Boot camp class tonight, though!

Last edited by Jayce; 05-08-2013 at 06:07 AM..
Old 05-08-2013, 10:28 AM   #1130
Major LCF Poster!

YAY! Im so happy to hear you hadn't been kept up last night!

its ok to miss a workout, as long as its just one and not several. right now im only working out 3x/week but they are hard workouts. seems to be helping no matter what so im just going to keep doing that. Maybe after my vacation i'll increase to 4 workouts/week for two months

bootcamp work outs are hard and take a lot out of you.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:37 PM   #1131
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
YAY! Im so happy to hear you hadn't been kept up last night!

its ok to miss a workout, as long as its just one and not several. right now im only working out 3x/week but they are hard workouts. seems to be helping no matter what so im just going to keep doing that. Maybe after my vacation i'll increase to 4 workouts/week for two months

bootcamp work outs are hard and take a lot out of you.
Yes, I was soooo happy to sleep fairly well last night! lol

I am aiming for 5-6 days a week for exercise -- the 3 at bootcamp are usually my most difficult. The other days I usually go to the gym and use the treadmill or choose to walk outside (usually do that on the weekend at a middle school nearby b/c there's nobody there then...very peaceful). I need to figure out how I want to work in my exercise DVD's as well...I would like to do a mix of activities to keep myself engaged, as well as keep my body guessing.

Sleepy right now, but I gotta chug this water to prepare my body for tonight's workout.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:01 AM   #1132
Major LCF Poster!

Bootcamp was hard again last night -- she was mad b/c people weren't doing their arms correctly during jumping jacks (not extending all the way), so she made us do a million of them! My legs were cramping up by the end. I did better holding my plank, though -- small victory for me. When I got home, I lifted my dumbbells -- did shoulder presses, tricep kickbacks, hammer curls, bicep curls, and lateral raises. My bf told me I shouldn't overdo it, but I did it anyways...LOL. I am hard-headed. Definitely sore today!

Hitting Planet Fitness after work...I want to start the C25K program again. I've been doing my own walk/run intervals, but not following a specific program...going to see how this works for me. I am thinking of starting the elliptical also. I still want to begin lifting heavy weights, but after looking at a recommended book (New Rules of Lifting for Women), I feel that I need a personal trainer in order to help me with correct form, etc. I would feel more comfortable that way, knowing I'm doing it properly. I need to start shopping around for prices. My PF membership says you have access to trainers, but I'm pretty sure it's not what I'm looking for, as far as a longer amount of time, one-on-one.

Took pictures after working out last night -- going to post soon as a point of reference for myself as I progress.

Last edited by Jayce; 05-09-2013 at 06:02 AM..
Old 05-09-2013, 07:45 AM   #1133
Major LCF Poster!

wow! i can't believe you did more workout after your bootcamp, im impressed!

ive heard that running program is awesome! you'll be a regular runner in no time following that! plus with your bootcamps you'll be unstoppable!
Old 05-09-2013, 09:30 AM   #1134
Major LCF Poster!

All above photos were taken in my bf's bathroom (forgive the crappy lighting, lol) after my bootcamp workout & lifting dumbbells, hence the sweat.

The photos below are recent pics (within last few weeks)...

Last edited by Jayce; 05-09-2013 at 10:29 AM..
Old 05-09-2013, 10:10 AM   #1135
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, now some "Before" pictures to compare with my "In Progress" ones...

I HATE the last two pictures...those are from 2010. When I saw myself in these pictures on FB, I was horrified and couldn't believe that person was me. Wake-up call!

Last edited by Jayce; 05-09-2013 at 10:31 AM..
Old 05-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #1136
Major LCF Poster!

AMAZING TRANSFORMATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bravo my friend! wow, so proud of you!!
Old 05-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #1137
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
AMAZING TRANSFORMATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bravo my friend! wow, so proud of you!!
Thank you, Lexi! I think it's helpful to go back and look at previous pictures b/c sometimes the scale doesn't always tell the whole story. I forgot how much bigger my face, neck, arms, stomach, and back were...it's helpful to have a reference point!

I need to find my measuring tape and start tracking that again as well.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:31 AM   #1138
Major LCF Poster!

you're welcome!!
Old 05-10-2013, 08:47 AM   #1139
Major LCF Poster!

Went to the gym last night -- the shoes I wore made a difference in how my legs felt (I think b/c they're more of a "minimalist" shoe as opposed to my Saucony ones with more cushioning). My shins were killing me & cramping...lol. After about 20 minutes or so, it got better. Played around with the inclines and ran some -- did 2.5 miles. Looking at my "goal" of doing 30 miles this month, I need to step it up. I'm not counting the activity done in my bootcamp classes or daily walking, just the treadmill work.

Feeling sleepy right now, but I took a pill for dizziness/lightheadedness, and one of the side effects is drowsiness.

I got approval to leave work early b/c my sister and her fiance are graduating from ODU tonight, and traffic is always terrible going into downtown Norfolk. At least my managers are very laidback about time requests...I'm very fortunate to be here as opposed to the super stressful job I had prior!

OH -- I bought a Groupon for 10 Zumba classes for only $35! They are a dance studio called Mambo Room, so I'm excited to start back dancing again.

Contacted a place about personal trainer rates, and I'm going to contact a few more. I am also planning on trying a free intro. class to pole dancing/chair dancing at another place. Should be interesting!

Last edited by Jayce; 05-10-2013 at 08:49 AM..
Old 05-10-2013, 11:09 AM   #1140
Major LCF Poster!

you had me at pole dancing, ow ow!! lol

i usually don't post on weekends so i'll see ya on fb or back here monday!

have a great weekend!!!!