Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 12:17 PM   #1081
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/215.6/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
btw, found you on chantyls facebook page and added ya!
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2013, 12:31 PM   #1082
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
wow those stairs look killer! i really like the jillian DVD, i got to day 21 ( did it everyday) then i got sick and quit boo! but i was proud of getting that far at least!

SUADI! I totally remember that! Miss Chan for sure!
Girl, yes...those stairs had my legs burning! LOL. The DVD I got is her newer one called Frontside & Backside...supposed to be more geared toward beginners. I read reviews that said it's a good precursor/almost preview of 30 Day Shred, so I may progress on to that one after making some headway with this one. I need to reduce and tone in a major way!

Yep, SUADI! You remember.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:22 AM   #1083
Major LCF Poster!

So sad after hearing the news of what happened at the Boston marathon...there are some days when I'm just disgusted by our world.

Thinking of asking to go home early...not feeling good at all, and the medicine doesn't seem to be helping.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:09 PM   #1084
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Girl, yes...those stairs had my legs burning! LOL. The DVD I got is her newer one called Frontside & Backside...supposed to be more geared toward beginners. I read reviews that said it's a good precursor/almost preview of 30 Day Shred, so I may progress on to that one after making some headway with this one. I need to reduce and tone in a major way!

Yep, SUADI! You remember.
i haven't heard of that one yet! i'll have to look into it, i like having a wide variety! im lucky because i currently have a free membership to an awesome gym that has amazing bootcamps and group fitness classes so im going there on the weekends. but when that ends i'll be back to using my DVDs.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:09 PM   #1085
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
So sad after hearing the news of what happened at the Boston marathon...there are some days when I'm just disgusted by our world.

Thinking of asking to go home early...not feeling good at all, and the medicine doesn't seem to be helping.
sorry you are not feeling well
Old 04-18-2013, 07:06 AM   #1086
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
sorry you are not feeling well
Thanks, Lexi. I went home at noon Tuesday and was out yesterday also...feeling a bit better today, though! I'm going to look for a well-rated ENT doctor since I have insurance at my new job now. I am thinking about starting allergy shots to see if that makes a difference. I don't like taking this stuff that makes me sleepy.

Hitting the gym tonight -- I was invited to an oyster roast by my job and had planned on going, but since I haven't made it to the gym yet this week, I told them they can give my ticket to someone else. I need to make working out a habit! I bought some new Adidas shoes for running, so tonight will be my 1st time trying them out. My Jillian DVD came, so I may peek at it tonight. My bf just bought a Total Gym, so I will probably use that some too -- you can do all types of exercises on it. I did some squats and pull-ups just to try it last night.

Weight was 231.8 yesterday ...232 even this morning. I'm happy with that number...here's to watching it go down!!!

Make the commitment, invest the time, and do the work to make things matter.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:46 AM   #1087
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Glad you're feeling better hon! Contemplating taking DD16 to get tested for allergies since we seem to be hit or miss on alot of things..it gets so frustrating!!

Proud of the effort you're making with the gym. It will only serve you well!! I used to have a Total Gym a long time ago...LOVED IT. I can only imagine now that it's been around for so long that they have improved things and made them even better.. enjoy it!!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:47 AM   #1088
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks, Lexi. I went home at noon Tuesday and was out yesterday also...feeling a bit better today, though! I'm going to look for a well-rated ENT doctor since I have insurance at my new job now. I am thinking about starting allergy shots to see if that makes a difference. I don't like taking this stuff that makes me sleepy.

Hitting the gym tonight -- I was invited to an oyster roast by my job and had planned on going, but since I haven't made it to the gym yet this week, I told them they can give my ticket to someone else. I need to make working out a habit! I bought some new Adidas shoes for running, so tonight will be my 1st time trying them out. My Jillian DVD came, so I may peek at it tonight. My bf just bought a Total Gym, so I will probably use that some too -- you can do all types of exercises on it. I did some squats and pull-ups just to try it last night.

Weight was 231.8 yesterday ...232 even this morning. I'm happy with that number...here's to watching it go down!!!
to me health issues and injuries are the WORST! they always seem to happen at the worst times! Im glad you are feeling better though and hope you can get it figured out!

sounds like you're making great choices in terms of your health and weight loss goals! thats great! KUTGW!

whoo! the 220s are right around the corner for us!
Old 04-19-2013, 06:55 AM   #1089
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Glad you're feeling better hon! Contemplating taking DD16 to get tested for allergies since we seem to be hit or miss on alot of things..it gets so frustrating!!

Proud of the effort you're making with the gym. It will only serve you well!! I used to have a Total Gym a long time ago...LOVED IT. I can only imagine now that it's been around for so long that they have improved things and made them even better.. enjoy it!!
Thanks...last night my legs started cramping pretty early, so I didn't run any. I decided to up my incline every 2 minutes until I got to 8, and I was going 3.5 mph. It still seemed to give me a decent workout. I am going to see if I can Google a good walking workout to help me build my endurance.

Hope you can figure out what's going on with your daughter!

Quote:
to me health issues and injuries are the WORST! they always seem to happen at the worst times! Im glad you are feeling better though and hope you can get it figured out!

sounds like you're making great choices in terms of your health and weight loss goals! thats great! KUTGW!

whoo! the 220s are right around the corner for us!
I'm trying to make better choices...I get frustrated b/c it seems like whenever I work out, my weight is up the next day. That pisses me off. LOL. I think I'm going to have to reduce my carb intake somewhat to help with losses. I think I'm taking in too much sodium also.

I def need to make it to the 220's!
Old 04-19-2013, 12:35 PM   #1090
Major LCF Poster!

I bought a Groupon for 10 boot camp classes...I have "orientation" Monday, followed by my first workout. I'm kinda scared, but excited to see what changes will come!
Old 04-19-2013, 01:09 PM   #1091
Blabbermouth!!!

I can't run at all because my calf's always cramp..no matter what.. I'm thinking it's the weight, I dunno? Then again, when I had tried to do the running thing I hadn't run in oh, I dunno...20 years?

YAY!! You go girl! I can't wait to hear how you like everything,..the changes will be awesome. Way to empower yourself!
Old 04-22-2013, 11:10 AM   #1092
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I can't run at all because my calf's always cramp..no matter what.. I'm thinking it's the weight, I dunno? Then again, when I had tried to do the running thing I hadn't run in oh, I dunno...20 years?

YAY!! You go girl! I can't wait to hear how you like everything,..the changes will be awesome. Way to empower yourself!
I went to the gym yesterday morning, and I did the best I have so far -- ran 2 minutes straight 2 times at 4.8 mph, then ran 1.5 mins at 5 mph. I also upped my resistance from 0.5 up to 8, then back down, then back up to 10 and down. I definitely got a good workout -- my face was red as heck when I left! lol.

So, I was supposed to have Orientation and my first bootcamp class tonight, but I went to the dr. earlier (11-12:30 -- left work to do so) b/c I was nauseated and dizzy, and I can't hear well at all. Not pregnant (LOL), and my white blood cell count was good. It's allergy-related, I guess. They prescribed me Nasonex and Meclizine (for dizziness). I've never tried Nasonex before, so I am interested to see if it helps. I rescheduled my bootcamp starting date to this Saturday, and the owner was very nice in her email response. I want to make sure I feel better before starting a more intensive workout regimen.

Totally ready to go home and go to sleep! LOL. Was irritated b/c my scale said 233.8 this morning (after being 231.4 Saturday & 231.8 yesterday)...don't know if it's b/c of sodium from dinner or b/c I may be starting TOM again. My hormones are outta whack right now from switching back to my previous bc pills, I guess. I get tired of being a woman sometimes.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:31 PM   #1093
Blabbermouth!!!

You're gonna be quite the runner before you know it!

AW man, so sorry you're feeling oogie!! So glad that you went to the doc and hopefully the meds will getcha back on track. No doubt you not feeling well is some of the reason you're up in weight too.. Hang in there honey!
Old 04-23-2013, 05:05 AM   #1094
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Morning JG! Hope you have a good day!!!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:04 AM   #1095
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
You're gonna be quite the runner before you know it!

AW man, so sorry you're feeling oogie!! So glad that you went to the doc and hopefully the meds will getcha back on track. No doubt you not feeling well is some of the reason you're up in weight too.. Hang in there honey!
This is what I keep trying to envision in my mind -- I want "runner's legs!" Seriously...I don't mind having a bigger bottom half, but I would love to have more muscle and tone. I'll admit when I see people running, I check out their legs...men and women! LOL

I feel better this morning...I still can't hear very well, but I don't feel nauseated and it seems like I'm already less congested. I wonder if the Nasonex could make a difference that quickly? Will be interesting to see as I continue taking it. Was the exact same weight this morning -- chalking it up to TOM. I ate right on target with my calories, carbs, etc. yesterday, so I'm going to try not to stress it till my "visitor" goes away. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
Morning JG! Hope you have a good day!!!
Morning, sis! So, are you in for the 5K at Disney? I think the weather should be decent then, since it'll be in October (hopefully not too hot, lol).

How are you feeling?

Headed to my gym tonight to do some intervals -- got some hand weights to use with my Jillian DVD, so I will check that out soon!

Last edited by Jayce; 04-23-2013 at 07:18 AM..
Old 04-23-2013, 08:03 AM   #1096
Major LCF Poster!

so have you done your first bootcamp yet? Bootcamp to me is the BEST thing for you. its like having a personal trainer and not having to pay a fortune for it. plus its never the same workout. the hour just flies by for me. ive been going regularly once per week on sundays, im going to up my visits now to twice per week. going tonight. looking forward to it! once you get that first one out of the way it becomes less intimidating i think anyway.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:23 AM   #1097
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
so have you done your first bootcamp yet? Bootcamp to me is the BEST thing for you. its like having a personal trainer and not having to pay a fortune for it. plus its never the same workout. the hour just flies by for me. ive been going regularly once per week on sundays, im going to up my visits now to twice per week. going tonight. looking forward to it! once you get that first one out of the way it becomes less intimidating i think anyway.
No, I haven't gone yet...last night was supposed to be my 1st night, but I rescheduled due to being nauseated & dizzy yesterday. I'm going Saturday morning.

Yea, I think it's more "scary" just b/c I don't know what I'm going to be asked to do and how well I will perform. I will def tell you about it! lol
Old 04-24-2013, 06:16 AM   #1098
Major LCF Poster!

So I had to share my NSV, especially since TOM is here. About a month ago, I picked up several pairs of pants from a consignment shop while on lunch break, but didn't try anything on. When I got home, they didn't fit (bummer!). This morning, I decided to try them on and they fit! I'm wearing them at work today. This is the feeling I must remember when I don't want to exercise or am tempted to be extremely lazy in my food choices!

I did 50 minutes at the gym last night -- ramped up my incline to 12 (Holy CRAP, that hurts!) and cycled my inclines several times. I also did walk/run intervals 5 times. Feeling like I'm getting stronger, so that's a plus! I just wish my face didn't get so red...I always feel like people stare at me b/c they're concerned...LOL. I'm considering seeing a dermatologist now that I have insurance again -- I know I have rosacea, but I've never seen a dr. about it. I'm interested if something could help.

Anyways, feeling good today...I think the Nasonex is helping with my sinus issues. I'm not going to the gym tonight, but I am going to do the Jillian workout for the first time. Will report back!

Last edited by Jayce; 04-24-2013 at 06:20 AM..
Old 04-24-2013, 06:00 PM   #1099
Major LCF Poster!

I did the Frontside workout...it has 6 different circuits. I couldn't do one exercise bc it messed my right knee up (you put one foot behind you on a chair and then lunge forward with other leg). I felt wiped out after the workout was over...got kinda discouraged. Those jumping jacks kill after awhile! Lol

Will keep trying though!
Old 04-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #1100
Major LCF Poster!

233.2 this morning...hopefully, TOM leaves soon. The bf & I are going to a concert tonight -- I bought the tickets as a surprise for him b/c he really likes Kendrick Lamar. It's at William & Mary, so we're heading that way after I get off work.

I am sore today! My legs are definitely feeling it, and my arms were feeling it last night. I guess at least I know her exercise DVD works! Headed to the gym tomorrow night after work and then I start bootcamp Saturday morning!
Old 04-26-2013, 05:43 AM   #1101
Major LCF Poster!

Concert was good...unfortunately, bf & I got into an argument beforehand and I was very upset/crying. I was determined to go in though (partly b/c I paid for the tickets, lol), but also because I know he really likes the one artist and I didn't want our night to be a waste. He said something last night that really hurt me though, and I was dwelling on it this morning. I need to find a happy medium somehow that enables me to speak my mind, but also be able to navigate disagreements successfully. He's admitted he can be "difficult" at times. We all have our faults...I have got to think about some things.

Don't have gym clothes clean...will probably go to the park once I get home to walk/run b/c that way, at least no one has to smell me up close. LOL! That may be trifling, but oh well.

232.8 this morning -- TOM should be gone as of today.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:35 AM   #1102
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
No, I haven't gone yet...last night was supposed to be my 1st night, but I rescheduled due to being nauseated & dizzy yesterday. I'm going Saturday morning.

Yea, I think it's more "scary" just b/c I don't know what I'm going to be asked to do and how well I will perform. I will def tell you about it! lol
what they do at my gym for newbies is recommend that they cut their reps in half for the first week you should try that tomorrow.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:40 AM   #1103
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Concert was good...unfortunately, bf & I got into an argument beforehand and I was very upset/crying. I was determined to go in though (partly b/c I paid for the tickets, lol), but also because I know he really likes the one artist and I didn't want our night to be a waste. He said something last night that really hurt me though, and I was dwelling on it this morning. I need to find a happy medium somehow that enables me to speak my mind, but also be able to navigate disagreements successfully. He's admitted he can be "difficult" at times. We all have our faults...I have got to think about some things.

Don't have gym clothes clean...will probably go to the park once I get home to walk/run b/c that way, at least no one has to smell me up close. LOL! That may be trifling, but oh well.

232.8 this morning -- TOM should be gone as of today.
sorry about your fight

what concert did you go to?
Old 04-26-2013, 07:14 AM   #1104
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
sorry about your fight

what concert did you go to?
Thanks...yea, he really hurt my feelings b/c he said something like, "I don't know why I even bother b/c every time we go out, we get in a fight." It was a sweeping statement, and it was really unfair. We go lots of places, even on overnight trips, and we don't argue. Then when I told him that was really hurtful to me, he said that him saying "every time" was a figure of speech. Uh, no...if I hear that phrase, I'm going to take it exactly as it means. I'm still hurt by it, and he didn't apologize for saying it. We got through the concert fine b/c I made an effort just to have fun, but like I said, I've got some thinking to do. We got home so late (around 12:30) that I didn't have the energy to rehash it.

We went to see Big Boi (from Outkast) and Kendrick Lamar. There was an opening band called Bad Rabbits, and I actually liked them a lot.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:12 AM   #1105
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks...yea, he really hurt my feelings b/c he said something like, "I don't know why I even bother b/c every time we go out, we get in a fight." It was a sweeping statement, and it was really unfair. We go lots of places, even on overnight trips, and we don't argue. Then when I told him that was really hurtful to me, he said that him saying "every time" was a figure of speech. Uh, no...if I hear that phrase, I'm going to take it exactly as it means. I'm still hurt by it, and he didn't apologize for saying it. We got through the concert fine b/c I made an effort just to have fun, but like I said, I've got some thinking to do. We got home so late (around 12:30) that I didn't have the energy to rehash it.

We went to see Big Boi (from Outkast) and Kendrick Lamar. There was an opening band called Bad Rabbits, and I actually liked them a lot.
Thats too bad, im sorry, i hate going through stuff like that. my husband over exaggerates everything so he'll say "we NEVER do this" or "you ALWAYS do that" and then i can point out examples of things that we just did recently and here he is saying NEVER. i just think thats how men are lol. drives me nuts tho!

oh that would have been a fun concert! I love big boi and kendrick lamar! I can't go to hip hop concerts where i live because all the rachets come out of the wood work haha! I AM taking my daughter to Justin Bieber this summer and i've got tickets to PINK in november. hopefully no rachets will be there HAHA!

lil wayne and two chains are coming to Omaha in august but its a tuesday night concert so i probably wont go but id LOVE to!

current weight
215.6 as of 08/08/2014
End of August = 210 or less
End of October = 200 or less
End of December = 190 or less
End of February = 180 or less
End of April = 170 or less
Old 04-26-2013, 11:31 AM   #1106
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm so sorry your feelings were hurt! Sometimes men are just spoiled lunkheads who do no thinking whatsoever before they open their mouth's! I think it smart for you to do some thinking and pondering of things if these sorts of occurrences are going to be many. It's not worth being hurt all the time at the expense of happiness!!

Lexiann, I'm seeing P!NK in Oct. I saw her in Feb and I nearly pee'd myself when I first laid eyes on her Summer months cannot go by fast enough for her next US leg to start! DD16 really wanted to see "the Beebs" but I didn't get tix fast enough..

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 04-26-2013, 12:14 PM   #1107
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Lexiann, I'm seeing P!NK in Oct. I saw her in Feb and I nearly pee'd myself when I first laid eyes on her Summer months cannot go by fast enough for her next US leg to start! DD16 really wanted to see "the Beebs" but I didn't get tix fast enough..
IM looking forward to both concerts for sure!!
Old 04-27-2013, 08:39 AM   #1108
Blabbermouth!!!

Hoping you had a better Friday night!

Quote:
IM looking forward to both concerts for sure!!
Have you seen her before? I swear it's like a religious experience!
Old 04-29-2013, 06:19 AM   #1109
Major LCF Poster!

Hello, ladies!

Dani, my Friday night was definitely better. We used a Groupon I'd bought for this cute little restaurant called Stove that had amazing food. My bf got the flounder -- best fish I've tasted in a restaurant. I got shrimp and grits -- my first time trying it. We also had a really good artisan cheese plate. We both really enjoyed it and plan on going back.

Saturday, I went to my bootcamp class at 9 a.m. and stayed for orientation afterwards. I had to jump rope -- OMG! lol. Who would think that would be so hard?!? It was a nonstop moving class for 45 minutes, so it wiped me out. I did go ahead and sign up for an additional 10 classes b/c it was only $20 more via Groupon, which is a really good deal. I have to attend boot camp 3x's a week, and I plan on going to my regular gym 2x's a week also. I have some dvd's at home to use as well, like the Jillian one and some pilates ones I borrowed from the library. I have a feeling I'm going to be really sore this week...LOL!

One thing I'm not sure about is they give you a meal tracker to complete for each week (must be turned in before you can weigh in), but it looks like the max amount of calories is 1600. Based on several calculators I've used, I don't think that's enough for me right now -- especially because I'm more active. Not sure what to do about that aspect b/c I have to turn them in each week.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:12 AM   #1110
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hoping you had a better Friday night!

Have you seen her before? I swear it's like a religious experience!
never have, but really looking forward to it!!