Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 06:41 AM   #1021
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
ceecee08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: ATL
Posts: 4,948
Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
Morning JG!!
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2013, 06:59 AM   #1022
Major LCF Poster!
 
Kocobear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 2,978
Gallery: Kocobear
Stats: 296.4/273.4/210
WOE: Protocol Atkins
Start Date: January 12, 2013
Hey JG!! What's been going on girl?
Kocobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:23 AM   #1023
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jayce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,507
Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/?/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Feeling withdrawn today -- ready for the work day to end so I can take a bath and hit the sheets. We put the family dog to sleep yesterday afternoon...he was 14 years old, so him being put to sleep brought up a lot of memories. My dad, mom, and sister were all there, so that was emotional too since my parents got divorced last year. I hadn't been speaking to my father for awhile up until recently, so it was the 1st time I'd seen him since like last April. I was just emotionally drained -- went to my bf's house afterwards (didn't get there until 7 b/c we'd followed my dad out to his place in the country to bury the dog), and I probably just should've gone straight home. I started crying at my bf's, and he asked me why I was crying...Um, hello? I had to see my dog put to sleep and I also saw my dad for the 1st time in forever, and it was hard seeing my mom & dad together (she also accidentally called him "honey" at one point). It made me frustrated that he asked that...I feel like men are effin' clueless sometimes. He could've at least just given me a hug or something...nope. He just kept watching the stupid TV. I plan on staying home tonight. I just want to be alone.

Weight was 239 something this morning...I hate that I keep getting bigger, but right now, I just feel like giving up. I'm going to go buy bigger pants later this week.

Sorry for the "downer"...I needed to vent somewhere, though. lol
__________________
JG's Journal

Make the commitment, invest the time, and do the work to make things matter.

Last edited by Jayce; 02-26-2013 at 10:26 AM..
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #1024
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
ceecee08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: ATL
Posts: 4,948
Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
I am so sorry about your dog and the mom and dad thing. Yea guys can be such jerks at times. James knows if I am crying I need a hug or need to talk about something... tell him break out that notebook and write this down. lol
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:08 PM   #1025
Major LCF Poster!
 
Kocobear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 2,978
Gallery: Kocobear
Stats: 296.4/273.4/210
WOE: Protocol Atkins
Start Date: January 12, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceecee08 View Post
tell him break out that notebook and write this down. lol

YES!!!! Tell him to write it down JG!! Sometimes they need that! I'm sorry too about the dog and the fam.... We're here for you!
Kocobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:07 PM   #1026
Blabbermouth!!!
 
DesertGurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 7,337
Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
I'm sorry to hear about your doggy...and ugh, the family stuff I really get. ..

Guys are dense for lack of a better word..I know it doesn't change anything, but I'd like to think he just didn't "get it"...kwim? Again, like what you've been doing and when you feel up to it, discuss it with him and tell him how it made you feel.. It probably sailed right over his head... sometimes us girls have to beat it into them.
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #1027
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jayce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,507
Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/?/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Thanks, Kim, Cass, & Danielle -- I appreciate your support & input. Yesterday was so gloomy (rained heavily all day), and then I got stuck in traffic for an hour & a half going home...didn't help improve my mood much!

Looks like I started TOM way early today for some reason, so that could explain my "down" feelings also. Maybe it's early b/c I switched bc pills recently.

Going over to bf's tonight -- he and I didn't text/talk last night, and I didn't talk to him today. He did text to ask if I was coming over tonight, so I told him yes. I just needed a little space yesterday...still not used to the whole "see someone every day" thing, so I still fight this sometimes. Don't know if I'm marriage material, as a result...LOL.

Going to start logging points on my phone app again...it helps me feel more in control. I will still buy bigger pants for the time being (thrift store pants, so I don't feel like I'm wasting $$$), but work on my food issues. I've been struggling with "emotional eating" a lot lately, as well as dealing with eating out more often since I started dating again. I need to drop this 20+ pounds I've accumulated since the end of last year and then work on reaching 199! I look pretty darn good at that weight, so I really want to get there!

Last edited by Jayce; 02-27-2013 at 01:58 PM..
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:12 AM   #1028
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,210
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
sorry about your family dog and family issues. I think a lot of use totally understand about the emotional eating, it's an ongoing struggle. Regarding bf, I agree with Danielle that men can be dense sometimes. I hope it went well last night.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:33 AM   #1029
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jayce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,507
Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/?/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Thanks for the virtual hugs, Shari! Right back atcha!

We talked a bit last night...I told him that what I needed more than anything Monday was just a big hug. He said when he asked me why I was crying that it probably came out as insensitive, but he didn't mean it like that. He brought that up on his own without me mentioning it. I think he was at a lack for how to deal with me being so upset. LOL

About to head to late lunch -- think I will grab salad from Farm Fresh! Love their salad bar! Tracking my points on my phone again...
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:45 PM   #1030
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jayce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,507
Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/?/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Ended up getting a grilled chicken sandwich from Sonic's instead b/c I was running out of time (ran to Walgreens on my lunch break)...the sandwich was pretty good. It was hard not to get cheese tater tots -- I usually get them every time I go to Sonic's! LOL.

Going to look at a town house after work...hoping it's decent! I'm really ready to move in the next month...
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #1031
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jayce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,507
Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/?/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Just stopping in -- been quiet around here lately. That townhouse was not in a good area, in my opinion, so I'm going to keep looking. I got a speeding ticket on my way in this morning...great way to begin a work week (ha ha).

Feeling like a bloated so-and-so right now, but TOM just ended, so I will just focus on trying to eat better and trust that the weight will go down eventually. I really just need some momentum going my way.

ETA: I know people probably don't want to hear about my relationship questions/issues, but I figure I don't really have anywhere else to talk about this stuff...lol. I guess I'm trying to "talk through" things, in a way, to see if it helps bring clarity to the situation. I feel like I cannot make my bf happy b/c he wants me to be around all the time. I stayed the night Saturday and left about 10 a.m. (I made the bed and left a note for him, and I also took out his trash & recycling b/c it was about to overflow). He texts me when he got home from his grocery store run, "Thank you, and I love you." Flash forward -- I fell asleep off & on all day. Not sure why, but I'd taken Benadryl the night before to sleep, and I am usually pretty susceptible to that stuff. I also was reading, and that makes me sleepy too. Anyways, I didn't text my bf till around 7 PM. He was going to get his kids at 3 PM (he has them every other week, all week), so I usually go over after he gets them and spend the day with him. I told him I'd fallen asleep, but I got no response. I wasn't going to drive over there since he didn't respond. I haven't heard from him today, so I texted him on my lunch to tell him I'd genuinely been sleeping off & on all day, but I could see things from his point of view how that would be irritating. I told him I apologized if it seemed like I was insensitive yesterday, but it wasn't on purpose. He hasn't responded...no biggie if he's really busy at work, but I know he's been on Facebook b/c the chat thing on the side of the homescreen tells you how long ago someone has logged on (if they're your friend). He obviously doesn't want to talk to me.

I guess I'm just feeling like perhaps I'm not the relationship type. Maybe I just need to be alone again b/c then I wouldn't have to worry about someone getting upset with me b/c I can't or don't want to see him every day. He said he understands, but I don't feel like he does. I feel like I'm abnormal or something. Do any other women feel this way? Am I just selfish? I don't know. Sh*t.

Last edited by Jayce; 03-04-2013 at 01:56 PM..
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:27 AM   #1032
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,210
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
hope you find the perfect place for you. Regarding your relationship with bf, I don't think anything is wrong with you wanting time for yourself and not staying attached to him everyday. I'm the same way as you, I like my space, time alone, etc. I think since your relationship is new, you both are learning each other's ways and it does take time to adjust, with some compromises from both. He seems reasonable in that if you can talk to him when he doesn't seem to 'get it' he understands after communicating to him your feelings/thoughts. I hope everything works out...you all are just going through those initial relationship kinks...
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:07 AM   #1033
I'm his Princess
 
Dedicated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 17,055
Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Just stopping in -- been quiet around here lately. That townhouse was not in a good area, in my opinion, so I'm going to keep looking. I got a speeding ticket on my way in this morning...great way to begin a work week (ha ha).

Feeling like a bloated so-and-so right now, but TOM just ended, so I will just focus on trying to eat better and trust that the weight will go down eventually. I really just need some momentum going my way.

ETA: I know people probably don't want to hear about my relationship questions/issues, but I figure I don't really have anywhere else to talk about this stuff...lol. I guess I'm trying to "talk through" things, in a way, to see if it helps bring clarity to the situation. I feel like I cannot make my bf happy b/c he wants me to be around all the time. I stayed the night Saturday and left about 10 a.m. (I made the bed and left a note for him, and I also took out his trash & recycling b/c it was about to overflow). He texts me when he got home from his grocery store run, "Thank you, and I love you." Flash forward -- I fell asleep off & on all day. Not sure why, but I'd taken Benadryl the night before to sleep, and I am usually pretty susceptible to that stuff. I also was reading, and that makes me sleepy too. Anyways, I didn't text my bf till around 7 PM. He was going to get his kids at 3 PM (he has them every other week, all week), so I usually go over after he gets them and spend the day with him. I told him I'd fallen asleep, but I got no response. I wasn't going to drive over there since he didn't respond. I haven't heard from him today, so I texted him on my lunch to tell him I'd genuinely been sleeping off & on all day, but I could see things from his point of view how that would be irritating. I told him I apologized if it seemed like I was insensitive yesterday, but it wasn't on purpose. He hasn't responded...no biggie if he's really busy at work, but I know he's been on Facebook b/c the chat thing on the side of the homescreen tells you how long ago someone has logged on (if they're your friend). He obviously doesn't want to talk to me.

I guess I'm just feeling like perhaps I'm not the relationship type. Maybe I just need to be alone again b/c then I wouldn't have to worry about someone getting upset with me b/c I can't or don't want to see him every day. He said he understands, but I don't feel like he does. I feel like I'm abnormal or something. Do any other women feel this way? Am I just selfish? I don't know. Sh*t.
That's tough, on one hand just like you needed some space....he may have wanted some and now facebook makes you look like a stalker bc you notice he's chatting but not with you....it's important to figure out why you feel this way. Most people would love the fact that he's the one seeking you out for more time to spend...I think you are relationship material, you just have to figure out how to balance and make it work, without him feeling like you're being standoffish and selfish. Love you JG, you just have to figure out that balance.... Show up in a trench coat, with nothing under.....He doesn't have speak just....
__________________
Cle
Phil 1:21 For me to live is Christ [His life in me], and to die is gain [the gain of the glory of eternity] Amplified

Fataholic on a Mission!

Last edited by Dedicated; 03-05-2013 at 05:09 AM..
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:22 AM   #1034
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jayce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,507
Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/?/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Thanks for both of y'all's feedback. He'd texted me right before 5 saying he was busy all day and apologized (I didn't bring up Facebook although I was tempted, lol). I went over to his place and we watched movies. We didn't have a "talk" about Sunday. He just made a comment after I mentioned my neck/shoulder hurting badly b/c I must've slept wrong -- he said something like, "Slept wrong b/c you were by yourself last night." He's a mess.

I am going to work on trying to be more sensitive to what he wants, but I've also told him a few times in the past month or so that I like to have time to myself occasionally. He did kinda make me feel bad one time b/c he said, "I like seeing you every day." Cle, I agree that most women would appreciate a guy wanting to see them often, and I'm glad he cares that much -- I just need a balance, like you were saying. I know nobody's perfect, so I will keep working on this. I will try to remember that most things worth having require effort -- it's not always easy or convenient. I know I drank too much Friday night (had a horrible week in general), and then I couldn't remember us going to bed and had a bad hangover all day Saturday (as in, couldn't keep anything down until like 7 PM!). He said we got into an argument Friday night over something silly, but of course I didn't remember anything and had to ask him questions. I hate that. I know that he puts up with my sh*t, as well. Needless to say, I have decided that I can't drink strong liquor anymore (we drank 92 proof rum that night). I need to just stick to wine or something, if any.

Ready to go grab lunch shortly -- thinking Wendy's grilled chicken sandwich & baked potato. I had an Atkins Day Break shake this morning, and it was nasty, in my opinion. LOL. It was the strawberry banana one.

P.S. As for the trench coat idea, that'll have to wait till next week at least -- he's got the kids this week! Haha...

Last edited by Jayce; 03-05-2013 at 09:35 AM..
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #1035
I'm his Princess
 
Dedicated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 17,055
Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Thanks for both of y'all's feedback. He'd texted me right before 5 saying he was busy all day and apologized (I didn't bring up Facebook although I was tempted, lol). I went over to his place and we watched movies. We didn't have a "talk" about Sunday. He just made a comment after I mentioned my neck/shoulder hurting badly b/c I must've slept wrong -- he said something like, "Slept wrong b/c you were by yourself last night." He's a mess.

I am going to work on trying to be more sensitive to what he wants, but I've also told him a few times in the past month or so that I like to have time to myself occasionally. He did kinda make me feel bad one time b/c he said, "I like seeing you every day." Cle, I agree that most women would appreciate a guy wanting to see them often, and I'm glad he cares that much -- I just need a balance, like you were saying. I know nobody's perfect, so I will keep working on this. I will try to remember that most things worth having require effort -- it's not always easy or convenient. I know I drank too much Friday night (had a horrible week in general), and then I couldn't remember us going to bed and had a bad hangover all day Saturday (as in, couldn't keep anything down until like 7 PM!). He said we got into an argument Friday night over something silly, but of course I didn't remember anything and had to ask him questions. I hate that. I know that he puts up with my sh*t, as well. Needless to say, I have decided that I can't drink strong liquor anymore (we drank 92 proof rum that night). I need to just stick to wine or something, if any.

Ready to go grab lunch shortly -- thinking Wendy's grilled chicken sandwich & baked potato. I had an Atkins Day Break shake this morning, and it was nasty, in my opinion. LOL. It was the strawberry banana one.

P.S. As for the trench coat idea, that'll have to wait till next week at least -- he's got the kids this week! Haha...
you can't remember the make up sex?!?!?? You better take a test

I know you're trying you're worth it boo!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #1036
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jayce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,507
Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/?/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
you can't remember the make up sex?!?!?? You better take a test

I know you're trying you're worth it boo!
LOL...I can't with you today...smh.

Thanks for the encouragement, Cletra. I appreciate it. I'm still learning about what "love" actually entails, so it's an ongoing process. He drives me crazy at times (like falling asleep on the couch every night around 9 PM, leaving me awake by myself...lol), but then he does things that reel me back in. He has the Musiq Soulchild song "Yes" as my ringtone -- just reading the lyrics to that song softens my heart toward him.

Tracked what I've eaten today -- the points for my Chick-fil-A grilled chicken salad were higher than I would've thought. I know that I'm tired of feeling crappy about myself, though...something's gotta give.

Last edited by Jayce; 03-06-2013 at 12:27 PM..
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:13 PM   #1037
I'm his Princess
 
Dedicated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 17,055
Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
LOL...I can't with you today...smh.

Thanks for the encouragement, Cletra. I appreciate it. I'm still learning about what "love" actually entails, so it's an ongoing process. He drives me crazy at times (like falling asleep on the couch every night around 9 PM, leaving me awake by myself...lol), but then he does things that reel me back in. He has the Musiq Soulchild song "Yes" as my ringtone -- just reading the lyrics to that song softens my heart toward him.

Tracked what I've eaten today -- the points for my Chick-fil-A grilled chicken salad were higher than I would've thought. I know that I'm tired of feeling crappy about myself, though...something's gotta give.
JG! That's what I'm here for RHO! He sounds like me, Jason was pissed when I would fall asleep at 9....if I'm tired, I'm tired...I work hard!!! LOL

Some salads will shock you...I wonder sometimes, but I count the points before I purchase and eat. It's like budgeting money.....
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:09 AM   #1038
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,210
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Happy Friday eve!!

Cle~
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:26 AM   #1039
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Bejewelme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reading/PA
Posts: 13,543
Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Jayce- wow lots going on, I know how it is with space, sometimes you want to be nasty laying around in no makeup, and not feeling like you have to be on! I understand that, but it sounds like you guys have to communicate better, so maybe focus on that, when you leave say hey I have things to do today but I will text or call at such and such a time, and then you are still connected but not together! Space is important! One thing Tony gives me space and I give him space!!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:29 AM   #1040
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jayce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,507
Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/?/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
JG! That's what I'm here for RHO! He sounds like me, Jason was pissed when I would fall asleep at 9....if I'm tired, I'm tired...I work hard!!! LOL

Some salads will shock you...I wonder sometimes, but I count the points before I purchase and eat. It's like budgeting money.....
Girl, he fell asleep at like 8:40 last night (but he'd had an adult beverage, so that was part of it, lol).

I'm kinda curious -- like they say that most veggies are 0 points, so wouldn't the lettuce, raw broccoli, and shredded carrots be 0? I could estimate for the small amount of shredded cheese & count the sunflower seeds, small bag of croutons, & salad dressing like normal (it was a Chick-fil-A grilled chicken salad). Maybe I'll Google WW members' discussions on this subject...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Happy Friday eve!!

Cle~
Thanks, Shari! I am alllll about "Friday Eve" because it gives me something to celebrate...LOL! Gotta get my little thrills where I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Jayce- wow lots going on, I know how it is with space, sometimes you want to be nasty laying around in no makeup, and not feeling like you have to be on! I understand that, but it sounds like you guys have to communicate better, so maybe focus on that, when you leave say hey I have things to do today but I will text or call at such and such a time, and then you are still connected but not together! Space is important! One thing Tony gives me space and I give him space!!!!!
Amber, I think you are right that I could be somewhat better with communicating on this subject -- I'm going to work on it.

I was 234.6 this morning -- pleasantly surprised! I had been 240ish recently, so I'm ready to get out of the 230's & work my way down! I've started bringing over food to my bf's since I'm usually there at night -- I think I'll bring most of it there so that way I can make my lunches the night before, as well.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:58 AM   #1041
Blabbermouth!!!
 
DesertGurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 7,337
Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Sounds like you have a great plan for getting the scale going the right direction! The boy stuff...you'll figure it out. Just keep talking and expressing what you feel and make sure he is too because it is a two-way street... there is nothing wrong with wanting time to be alone..he needs to try and understand that and know that about you.. that is just who you are and he can't use that against you or get annoyed/angry when you express the need for time to "just be".. I know you guys will find your rhythm!
__________________
Danielle

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥



"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:35 PM   #1042
I'm his Princess
 
Dedicated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 17,055
Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Girl, he fell asleep at like 8:40 last night (but he'd had an adult beverage, so that was part of it, lol).

I'm kinda curious -- like they say that most veggies are 0 points, so wouldn't the lettuce, raw broccoli, and shredded carrots be 0? I could estimate for the small amount of shredded cheese & count the sunflower seeds, small bag of croutons, & salad dressing like normal (it was a Chick-fil-A grilled chicken salad). Maybe I'll Google WW members' discussions on this subject...



Thanks, Shari! I am alllll about "Friday Eve" because it gives me something to celebrate...LOL! Gotta get my little thrills where I can.



Amber, I think you are right that I could be somewhat better with communicating on this subject -- I'm going to work on it.

I was 234.6 this morning -- pleasantly surprised! I had been 240ish recently, so I'm ready to get out of the 230's & work my way down! I've started bringing over food to my bf's since I'm usually there at night -- I think I'll bring most of it there so that way I can make my lunches the night before, as well.
It's prob the dressing that has the most points, I take the croutons out...

Glad you have a Plan!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:27 AM   #1043
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jayce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,507
Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/?/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Sounds like you have a great plan for getting the scale going the right direction! The boy stuff...you'll figure it out. Just keep talking and expressing what you feel and make sure he is too because it is a two-way street... there is nothing wrong with wanting time to be alone..he needs to try and understand that and know that about you.. that is just who you are and he can't use that against you or get annoyed/angry when you express the need for time to "just be".. I know you guys will find your rhythm!
As always, thanks for your thoughtful feedback -- I appreciate you taking the time to read my "ramblings" and respond.

The past few days have been really great. He and I talked about different things on Saturday, and I feel like I understand his P.O.V. on some things, and likewise for him. We actually were browsing houses online to see what your money gets you in Texas because he is looking at transferring next year (he's in Coast Guard). I am completely comfortable with moving to another state b/c I think this area is overpriced and traffic is awful. I am not scared of moving to be with him, so that must mean something. I've started bringing a book with me sometimes so that provides a little "me time" even if we're in the same house...it allows me to do something that I like and quiets my mind a bit.

On Saturday I brought over all my refrigerated/frozen foods, as well as most of my cabinet food. I had already told him I was thinking about doing this b/c I'm over there all the time, and I need to be able to plan my meals/have stuff on hand. We packed our lunches together this morning, and he's very on board with supporting me in my WOE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
It's prob the dressing that has the most points, I take the croutons out...

Glad you have a Plan!
Yea, I think I'll skip the croutons next time -- not worth the points. I will also switch my dressing choice to the FF Honey Mustard instead of regular Ranch. Gives me a little more wiggle room...

Was kind of frustrated with my weight this morning because I was very, very good the whole weekend, but I'm trying to remember sometimes weight loss isn't perfectly linear. I do feel a little less bloated already, so I guess I need to focus on those types of things even when the scale isn't acting how I think it should!

Last edited by Jayce; 03-11-2013 at 08:31 AM..
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:38 AM   #1044
Blabbermouth!!!
 
DesertGurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 7,337
Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Of course I'm gonna take the time to read what you write..and of course I'm gonna try and help you if I can! Just try and stop this ole girl... well, unless, yeah ya want me to really stop then I will!

I am so thrilled to hear that you and the boy are working together..You ARE amazing and I'm so glad that he see's that!

I forget, are you doing WW with lc or just doing lc, or....? At any rate, awesome that you've set in motion a plan that will definitely help you reach your goals and start seeing awesome progress.
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:15 PM   #1045
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
ceecee08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: ATL
Posts: 4,948
Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
Oh JG that says a lot if you can see yourself being with him longterm. That speaks volumes about how you feel about him. Love it

Good for you being all prepared. I am so proud of you.
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:42 PM   #1046
I'm his Princess
 
Dedicated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 17,055
Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Get it JG!!! Those are some good conversations!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:08 AM   #1047
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,210
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Nice! I agree, it speaks volumes that you are willing to consider moving when he is transferred. I really seem like you all are just going through that new relationship stage of understanding each other, through and through. It takes compromise (in areas you can) from both to make it work and it's working! Communication is like the golden key!!
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:28 AM   #1048
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jayce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,507
Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/?/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
I will reply more in depth later, but had to share: I went over to my mom's house the other night after work b/c she had a really busy work day and asked me to walk and feed the dog. My bf rode with me b/c we hadn't eaten dinner yet, so figured we'd go after taking care of the dog. Well, there were tons of dishes in the sink, so I texted Mom that we were eating at Ruby Tuesday nearby, and I'd come back and do her dishes so she didn't have to mess w/ them. Of course she said I didn't have to do that, but I still stopped back afterwards b/c I felt bad that she had such a bad day. I started to wash the dishes, but my bf told me to sit down and talk with my mom and he'd do them. I told him he didn't have to, I could, but he was insistent. He washed the dishes by hand (she doesn't have a dishwasher), so we were there for at least 30+ minutes. It was one of the sweetest things I've seen someone do -- especially a guy I'm dating. He's got me.

Last edited by Jayce; 03-13-2013 at 08:30 AM..
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:47 AM   #1049
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
ceecee08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: ATL
Posts: 4,948
Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
I will reply more in depth later, but had to share: I went over to my mom's house the other night after work b/c she had a really busy work day and asked me to walk and feed the dog. My bf rode with me b/c we hadn't eaten dinner yet, so figured we'd go after taking care of the dog. Well, there were tons of dishes in the sink, so I texted Mom that we were eating at Ruby Tuesday nearby, and I'd come back and do her dishes so she didn't have to mess w/ them. Of course she said I didn't have to do that, but I still stopped back afterwards b/c I felt bad that she had such a bad day. I started to wash the dishes, but my bf told me to sit down and talk with my mom and he'd do them. I told him he didn't have to, I could, but he was insistent. He washed the dishes by hand (she doesn't have a dishwasher), so we were there for at least 30+ minutes. It was one of the sweetest things I've seen someone do -- especially a guy I'm dating. He's got me.
YESSSSSSS!!! A Keeper!!! Love it!
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #1050
Major LCF Poster!
 
Kocobear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 2,978
Gallery: Kocobear
Stats: 296.4/273.4/210
WOE: Protocol Atkins
Start Date: January 12, 2013
That is soooo sweet, JG! DEFINITELY A KEEPER!! And you know your stuff.... ANYTHING WORTHWHILE IS WORTH THE WORK.
Kocobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:35 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.