Old 01-30-2013, 06:05 PM   #961
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
My bf just stopped by my job and gave me a little stuffed bear, some Haribo gummy bears, and a card in a cute pink gift bag. He said the bear is for my desk. I guess we're doing pretty good right about now!
Tell him next time, fresh fruit LOL!!!! He is too cute!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2013, 06:47 AM   #962
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/?/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceecee08 View Post
I think you are doing great at sticking to your budget!! WTG I have cooked all this week to so that we can stop buying fast food as well. That lemon pie thing sounds sooo good. I think I am getting hungry. LOL

YES.... Almost the weekend
I'm trying -- I'm not very good with budgeting, and I admit that. It's definitely an area I need to work on! The lemon meringue Jell-O Temptation is 1 of my favorite treats. YUM! So glad it's almost Friday! This job is definitely much less stressful than my previous one, but I still look forward to my days off. Heck, just having the weekend to look forward to is awesome in itself, since I was only off like every 3rd weekend at my other job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Mornin SweatPea!

How very sweet of you to surprise the boi with some fun stuff, I'm sure he loved it! It's the little things that will always mean the most, trust me. Took me nearly 20yrs to realize that!

I can certainly relate to a tight budget, especially for food.. I've been kinda thankin my lucky stars over here since DS went off to college cause that means no more groups of boys over here that I gotta feed when his buddies used to come over all the time. My girls eat like birds and now that I do JUDDD my necessities have gone down tremendously..
I think you're doing fantastic with what you have to work with..calories are your friend at this point and I think you may even see a loss.

Have a beautiful day!

P.S. DH loves to play with my hair too, I love it.
He did seem to like the gifts -- I'm glad I followed my spur-of-the-moment urge to do it. I definitely think the little things are important, and I should pay more attention to all the little things he does right, as opposed to the irritants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy2be View Post
Aww so sweet. .
Yes, it was sweet -- he surprised me.

Quote:
LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

SEE!!!! All the lil things!

Quote:
He is a keeper. Love him. The good is out weighing the bad.
I agree...he also gave me some Ed Hardy perfume when I went over to his place last night. It's called "Skulls and Roses," I think. It smells pretty good...seems like a good warm weather scent. He said he was looking for some Versace perfume, but they didn't have the one he wanted to get me. He's able to get pretty good prices at the Exchange store on military bases here.

Quote:
U guys are cute together.
Thank you!

Quote:
Cute Cute Cute!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
Yes, I will drop hints of healthy things I like. Lol. I think those Gummi Bears were 4 pts for 17, but of course I ended up eating almost the whole bag.

Morning, everyone! Glad it's Thursday. Last night was pretty nondescript -- stopped at home to shower/wash my hair before heading to bf's, and he said he was going to dinner with friends. He said he'd forgotten to mention it to me b/c I am usually over there by 6:30, so he'd figured I'd be there in time to go with him. I told him my hair was still wet, so it was ok for him to go without me. Did dishes, soaked & cleaned the litter box...woo hoo! LOL. I went over to his place when he was done w/ dinner. He fell asleep watching TV, as usual...smh. He falls asleep pretty much every night on the couch about 9:00 or earlier, although I knocked out about 9:30 or 10 myself last night. I swear we're like an old married couple sometimes.

Grabbed a coffee cake muffin from Wawa this morning. Bad girl. I did notice it started tasting almost sickeningly sweet at one point...
I need to get sugar outta my system! I have a cheese stick and almonds for a snack. I bought a chicken salad sandwich on a wheat roll with apple slices for lunch, although I may eat it early. I'm hungry b/c that muffin didn't fill me up! I guess that proves the need for protein.

Make the commitment, invest the time, and do the work to make things matter.

Last edited by Jayce; 01-31-2013 at 06:55 AM..
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:17 AM   #963
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
Quote:
PINEAPPLES PINEAPPLES :LAUGH:

Y'all are so cute together. Love it.

Have a great day JG. Just say no to the muffins.
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:12 AM   #964
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
It's nice when you can feel comfortable with someone like you guys are doing..

I'm convinced doing the little things only adds to the sweetness of a relationship.. DH has this thing about opening doors for me, he's done it for years.. it is one of the sweet things that I love..simple but very sweet. The compliments he gets from people who observe it is so funny, especially from older ladies...

Have a beautiful day Sweets!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:49 AM   #965
I'm his Princess

Quote:
It's nice when you can feel comfortable with someone like you guys are doing..

I'm convinced doing the little things only adds to the sweetness of a relationship.. DH has this thing about opening doors for me, he's done it for years.. it is one of the sweet things that I love..simple but very sweet. The compliments he gets from people who observe it is so funny, especially from older ladies...

Have a beautiful day Sweets!
That's awesome that he continues to open doors!

Hey JG!
Old 01-31-2013, 09:09 AM   #966
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
That's awesome that he continues to open doors!

Hey JG!
Aw, thanks Cle! Yeah, it's something he's always done...he does it for our daughter's too. My son also does it which blew away his BFF's mom one day..she was amazed.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:19 AM   #967
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, I'm looking at 5Ks in my area for which I might be interested...going to start doing walk/run intervals again to build up my endurance and get some of this extra poundage off in the process! lol
Old 01-31-2013, 11:32 AM   #968
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Ok, I'm looking at 5Ks in my area for which I might be interested...going to start doing walk/run intervals again to build up my endurance and get some of this extra poundage off in the process! lol
FANTASTIC!
Old 01-31-2013, 12:51 PM   #969
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes. a few of my LS are doing a 5k in May!!! I'm scurred. LOL
Old 01-31-2013, 01:00 PM   #970
Major LCF Poster!

I found a Glow in the Dark 2 mile race here in VA Beach in April...I already found someone to do it with me. EXCITED! lol. They give you neon paint and accessories to wear (it's at night).
Old 01-31-2013, 01:00 PM   #971
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That sounds cool.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:30 PM   #972
Major LCF Poster!

And tickets to food and drinks afterward -- whatttt? LOL
Old 01-31-2013, 01:38 PM   #973
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dang... Can I sign up? LOL
Old 01-31-2013, 02:49 PM   #974
Blabbermouth!!!

Sounds like alot of fun!!
Old 02-01-2013, 04:29 AM   #975
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Quote:
I've been thinking of this too and asking my group of moms to sign up with me for extra motivation since they're game for doing c25k. I think knowing we'll have to prepare for this will ensure dedication and focus to getting in shape...it will look so wrong to limp for 3 miles. Keep me informed so I can cheer you on!! And it's Friday again!! Whoo-hooo!! Bf get more and more points, daily!!

Cee~pineapples..you're too funny!

Last edited by shari; 02-01-2013 at 04:30 AM..
shari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:15 AM   #976
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Aw, thanks Cle! Yeah, it's something he's always done...he does it for our daughter's too. My son also does it which blew away his BFF's mom one day..she was amazed.
That's awesome!

Quote:
Oh yes!!!!
Quote:
Yes. a few of my LS are doing a 5k in May!!! I'm scurred. LOL
Dont be, it's only 3.1 miles and you can do it at your pace. Good times!
Old 02-04-2013, 12:12 PM   #977
Major LCF Poster!

I am fat, fat, fat. Ugh.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #978
I'm his Princess

Quote:
I am fat, fat, fat. Ugh.
But you will eat and excercise and Lose, Lose, Lose!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 01:21 PM   #979
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, lady. I'm just feeling gross right now.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:52 PM   #980
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Thanks, lady. I'm just feeling gross right now.
I know the feeling but can't wallow....gotta do something!
Old 02-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #981
Major LCF Poster!

I was so sad when I saw stretch marks on my boobs. LOL. Those were always one of my best features. I think the repeated gaining/losing put the marks there. *sigh*
Old 02-04-2013, 02:12 PM   #982
I'm his Princess

Quote:
I was so sad when I saw stretch marks on my boobs. LOL. Those were always one of my best features. I think the repeated gaining/losing put the marks there. *sigh*
Yeah that's tough...I read somewhere a woman said those were here battle marks! She lost 185 lbs and had them badly but she looks great!!!
Old 02-05-2013, 06:40 AM   #983
Major LCF Poster!

I am ready to start focusing on lower carb eating again...I feel so "blech" right now, and I think it's because I have been eating sugary stuff, breads, etc. and even drinking sodas. I gotta rein it in b/c I am feeling so bloated in my midsection, which sucks. Clothes aren't fitting the way I want them to, and some items I can't wear at all right now.

Question: Any of y'all have experience being tempted to look through your SO's cell phones when they're not around? I have major insecurity issues, apparently. I don't know how to get past this -- I have dated some douches in the past, and I'm trying not to take it out on my current bf, but I snooped through his phone this morning and he walked in. He's told me I can look through his phone before b/c I admitted to him I've looked at his texts before (maybe like a month or so ago), but I know I shouldn't do this. It makes me feel like a crazy ******.

Last edited by Jayce; 02-05-2013 at 06:41 AM..
Old 02-05-2013, 07:15 AM   #984
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I am ready to start focusing on lower carb eating again...I feel so "blech" right now, and I think it's because I have been eating sugary stuff, breads, etc. and even drinking sodas. I gotta rein it in b/c I am feeling so bloated in my midsection, which sucks. Clothes aren't fitting the way I want them to, and some items I can't wear at all right now.

Question: Any of y'all have experience being tempted to look through your SO's cell phones when they're not around? I have major insecurity issues, apparently. I don't know how to get past this -- I have dated some douches in the past, and I'm trying not to take it out on my current bf, but I snooped through his phone this morning and he walked in. He's told me I can look through his phone before b/c I admitted to him I've looked at his texts before (maybe like a month or so ago), but I know I shouldn't do this. It makes me feel like a crazy ******.
I have experienced this JG. I was a MAJOR PI. LOL emails, FB, phone, cell phone records, you name it!! But it will drive you insane. Once I admitted it, I stopped. Because I want him to trust me and I need to trust him. It is something you have to work at gradually. Maybe have him put a code on the phone. I had my BF change all pw, put code on phone. I still tried for a short while but after a while it gets old and you move on.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:35 AM   #985
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sara7272
Stats: 269/242/160 5'4"-31yo
WOE: Low carb my own way, started at 280 in 9/2010
Start Date: Starting over.... 1/6/14
Hey JG! I totally get how you're feeling, but we know better than to let it beat us, right? Some times it's just heavier on our shoulders than other times and we just have to ride through it, I know you ladies sure helped me a bunch!! Just got to keep on keepin' on!

About the phone... I have always said, if you go looking for something, you WILL find something. It will probably be innocent, but your mind is looking for something to get pi**ed about and your mind will find something it can twist to put that knot in your stomach and make you feel like you're being duped. DON'T LOOK. If you trust him, trust your decision to do so and let it be.
Plus him knowing you want to snoop or being caught snooping will make him feel crappy like you think he's messing around and if he's not (which I doubt, you guys sound like you're great together!! Why would he mess that up??) it will hurt him that you don't trust him and just make you both feel sh1tty and can cause problems in the long run.
I know this from experience, I'm super insecure and want to snoop so badly sometimes I could go crazy, but I trust my boo and I have to remind myself that if he wasn't worth trusting, I wouldn't trust him and to quit being a jealous nutbag.

LOL, maybe every time we each get the urge to snoop, we should force ourselves to do like 10 pushups or jumping jacks, hahahaha, we'll either stop wanting to snoop or get in shape quicker!!

Goal #1- 230- Back to pre-preg weight
Goal #2- 199- Back to Onederland
Final Goal- 160- For now, then reassess

New LCF Journal- TBA!
My neglected blog- BaconBeatsBread.com
Sara7272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:53 AM   #986
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Aww, sorry you got caught. I have been there before, but like the others said. It will drive you crazy. Don't let it. Just trust him.

You are not gross. You are beautiful!!!!
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:08 PM   #987

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Yeah, low carb does help with taking away that blah feeling. Plus when the scale isn't moving, you still lose inches so it evens out..if you can keep telling yourself that.

Regarding bf and snooping..all the ladies gave great advice. I agree with Sara's post because I found it created more insecurity issues and more problems than necessary. So I'm of the complete mindset that if he is cheating, I don't have to worry because it will come to me. I found this to be true with my ex...I'd stopped snooping and just let it go. Sure enough, he got so relaxed that he made a mistake and left his email page up and even then I wasn't intending to snoop but a certain message caught my eye and the rest is history..and so was he!! Own that you all are together and he obviously cares about you. Anything you need to know will present itself over time and if nothing comes, then enjoy your time spent together.

Quote:
Aww, sorry you got caught. I have been there before, but like the others said. It will drive you crazy. Don't let it. Just trust him.

You are not gross. You are beautiful!!!!
Agree 1000 times!!

Last edited by shari; 02-05-2013 at 12:09 PM..
shari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:02 AM   #988

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Snooping brings nothing good for anything when you are with the right person and you trust them the need to be compelled to snoop will pass, I think it is insecurity in the beginning, I remember snooping on Tony and you know what? He was telling people he was falling in love with me, I felt like a giant ass!!!!It is natural in the beginning but since you have trust issues, just resolve to trust and see if you can push past the urge!!! Now almost 5 years with Tony I have never thought to look at his phone or anything cause I trust him and he knows I would totally kick his ass if he cheated, LOL

About feeling fat get that book How to talk to yourself, I am telling you it is a great book!!! You are not fat and gross you are a beautiful strong woman!!!!!
Old 02-06-2013, 05:00 AM   #989
I'm his Princess

Hey Rho!!!!

It's a great day!!!! Smile and enjoy it! love ya!
Old 02-06-2013, 06:29 AM   #990
Major LCF Poster!

I am going to come back later and reply to y'all more in depth, but this is a quick stop-in...

Thanks for all of your honest feedback, as well as the encouragement. I swear I'm trying to get this negative ish out of my head and get back in this!