Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 04:50 PM   #871
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
So glad you are liking your new job! They will love that you are interested in learning extra, trust me!

Definitely keep talkin with the man, and super that he is a talker! If you got issues, speak! He will love it.

It has been almost 4 weeks and I am STILL coughing and still have congestion.. there is nothing they can do for me, just prescribe more tylenol with codeine to get me to shut my trap with all the coughing It is brutal this season, I feel ya!

Have a great night and good luck deciding on the Y or Planet Fitness. Exciting to think about a gym!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2013, 03:12 AM   #872
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
D-I have the lingering cough too and it is nasty and it wont stop talking all day all of a sudden it is uncontrollable! I hate it!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:45 AM   #873
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/215/211 Mini-Goal
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Jayce dont let your past experiences with men scare a good one away!!!! If you know it is an issue then tell him upfront and work on it!!!!! I am with you on being busy-being idle is very bad for me I like when the day flies by!!!!! Sounds like things are really turning all for the good in your life, focus on that!!!! I just know big things are in store for you!
Yea...this is what I'm trying to work on. He and I have talked about it prior (the fact that I have defensive "walls" in place to try to protect myself). He knows stuff I've been through in the past, and he's pretty understanding.

Yesterday was busier -- I think I have learned enough tasks to keep me steadily occupied, for the most part. It's a lot of paperwork, scanning, and filing...nothing super hard. It's definitely easier than my last job.

Thanks for your positive vibes -- I appreciate it! Right back atcha, lady. I have a good feeling about this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
So glad you are liking your new job! They will love that you are interested in learning extra, trust me!

Definitely keep talkin with the man, and super that he is a talker! If you got issues, speak! He will love it.

It has been almost 4 weeks and I am STILL coughing and still have congestion.. there is nothing they can do for me, just prescribe more tylenol with codeine to get me to shut my trap with all the coughing It is brutal this season, I feel ya!

Have a great night and good luck deciding on the Y or Planet Fitness. Exciting to think about a gym!
I do think I'm going to like it here. Most of the people I work with are down-to-earth, and that makes a big difference in a workplace. There was so much drama, manipulation, etc. at my last job that I just felt emotionally drained.

I am feeling better, and I'm thankful for that. I still have a bit of congestion remaining (and my tongue has been sore -- weird! LOL!), but I feel more like myself than I have in awhile. I'm going to keep taking the vitamins to see if it helps...want to go get some more ACV b/c I hear that helps with immune system. The weather here is interesting, for lack of a better term. It was in the 20's & 30's at night last week, and now it's going to be in the 60's the next few days -- maybe even 70 by this weekend! Craziness.

I think I'm going to go with the Y b/c I'd still like to be able to attend group classes, like Zumba. The Y near my house has an indoor track also, which I like. I may see if the personal trainer I used there prior is still working...I liked her style of training (did cardio in between sets of weights).

Was 231.2 this morning, but I'm not surprised b/c I ate the remaining bit of Monster Cookie ice cream that I had left in the freezer. LOL. That stuff is like crack, I'm telling you. Planning on having a salad for lunch today, and I'm drinking lots of fluids.

Happy "Friday Eve," LCFs!

Consistently act on what you already know. If you wait for "perfect" conditions, then you'll never get anything done.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:03 AM   #874

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
Hey lady! Glad you like your new job and it's wonderful that your bf is understanding. I'm so happy for you that you see long term potential.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:42 PM   #875
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Hey lady! Glad you like your new job and it's wonderful that your bf is understanding. I'm so happy for you that you see long term potential.
Thanks, Shari...this day is dragginggggggg, though! LOL! It's probably b/c I'm ready for the weekend.

I definitely see potential in him, and that's scary/awesome at the same time. He's told me he can't see himself with anyone else, so that's pretty cool when a guy is comfortable enough to say that.

Side-Note: I REALLY wanna try the new Atkins pot pie! LOL! People keep talking about these frozen meals, so now I'm curious.

Had the Baja salad at Wendy's for lunch...yummy.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:25 PM   #876
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: nikkiluvslowcarb
Stats: 315 /164.4/ 155
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: June 7th 2011
Hey girl! New job, new boyfriend and your on track. So glad things are going good!!
nikkiluvslowcarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #877
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sara7272
Stats: 269/242/160 5'4"-31yo
WOE: Low carb my own way, started at 280 in 9/2010
Start Date: Starting over.... 1/6/14
The pot pie is awesome! For real lol

So happy to see you doing well on all fronts! You go girl!
Sara7272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:22 PM   #878
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
GET THE POT PIEEEEE! Lol so good.

I am so happy for you girl.
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:25 AM   #879

I know I am going to eat that pot pie for lunch today! Those meals are pretty good I think Wal Mart is the only chain carrying them that I know of!
Old 01-11-2013, 05:13 AM   #880
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiluvslowcarb View Post
Hey girl! New job, new boyfriend and your on track. So glad things are going good!!
Hey Nikki! Good to see you here, Ms. WW Superstar! LOL. Yes, the end of 2012/beginning of 2013 has been good so far. Now I just gotta get back on track with the eating and exercising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara7272 View Post
The pot pie is awesome! For real lol

So happy to see you doing well on all fronts! You go girl!
That pot pie is going to be mine! LOL. Thanks, Sara. I am happy right now. How is everything with you???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceecee08 View Post
GET THE POT PIEEEEE! Lol so good.

I am so happy for you girl.
YASSSSSS! Pot pie dance LOL. I have no sense sometimes.

Quote:
I know I am going to eat that pot pie for lunch today! Those meals are pretty good I think Wal Mart is the only chain carrying them that I know of!
I am definitely gonna have to stop in WalMart and check it out. I hate WalMart sometimes, but always end up going there b/c they're cheaper than most other places. It's a necessary evil. LOL

Ok, so Honey Badger weigh-in weight: 230.4. I'm happy with that b/c that's over 2 lbs down from my starting weigh-in. I also had a couple days this last week where I had "off plan" choices, so I'll take it!

Goals for this upcoming week:
1) Continue upping water intake -- bf is going to buy me Brita water bottle b/c he heard me saying I wanted one. I'm going to work on getting half of my body weight in water (hard for me b/c I've never been a water drinker, but I think it'll really help me reach my goals).

2) Work on lowering carb intake -- I've been conscious of them this last week, but still a bit high some days. I notice it helps with bloating when I keep them lower.

3) Track every bite EVERY day! This will make me more aware of what's going in my pie-hole. LOL

4) Clean out more clutter so I can have a work-out space at home. I have bellydance, Turbo Jam, Walk Away the Pounds, Core Rhythms, etc. that I can use until I get my first good paycheck from new job and be able to join the gym.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:15 AM   #881
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sara7272
Stats: 269/242/160 5'4"-31yo
WOE: Low carb my own way, started at 280 in 9/2010
Start Date: Starting over.... 1/6/14
Sounds like a great plan for the week!!! I think I'll copy it lol

Things are good here!! The weather has been lovely, new year, new goals, new plans, I'm liking it. And hellssss yes for Atkins finally making 'real' food to have for lunch at work!! I was so sick of worrying about only having one bar or one shake a day because of all the wacky stuff in them that makes me stall, these meals are basically just Lean Cuisine's without the pasta, they're perfect!

Actually... ::grumble:: I think I'll go have a farmhouse scramble right now, lol

Have a great day lovie!

Goal #1- 230- Back to pre-preg weight
Goal #2- 199- Back to Onederland
Final Goal- 160- For now, then reassess

New LCF Journal- TBA!
My neglected blog- BaconBeatsBread.com
Sara7272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:50 AM   #882
Blabbermouth!!!

Great loss, Jayce! So proud of you for sticking to it!

Great goals for the week

You girls and your talk about Atkins meals I've seen them at Walmart and at Fry's...that's kroger maybe to most of you? If you sign up on the atkins site (I think that's where) they'll send you coupons via email...or maybe it was their FB page ... I can't remember for sure, but I've gotten several $1 and $2 coupons for the meals that way.

Have a great weekend, honey!
Old 01-12-2013, 03:54 AM   #883

Congrats on the loss!! Love the goals! I need to go to Walmart to try the meals too. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:03 AM   #884

Jayce sounds like a good plan, water is important, try some of that mio in it if you get bored with plain water, plus running to the bathroom kills time off the clock! LOL
Old 01-14-2013, 08:32 AM   #885
Major LCF Poster!

Will post more a little later...just kinda need to vent.

I think I'm going to have a talk with my bf later. I kind of feel like we went from 0 to 60, relationship-wise, and I'm feeling conflicted. I've already talked to him about this before, so he probably won't be surprised. I just feel like I need more time away from him (we spend almost every day together now & have been pretty much since we started dating). I just don't know.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:52 AM   #886
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Hi Jayce, just stopping in to offer my support! I'm doing WW (again) for like the hundreth time...seems like it might stick this time. Glad you're liking your new job!

Once upon a time, a million years ago I met my husband. In the beginning he was kinda stand-offish (shy) then he started hanging around all the time and I got scared of the commitment (I thought). Really I was afraid he would get tired and move along and I would be devastated. We broke up once a year (while we were dating) whether we needed it or not (me being crazy). We've been married 35 years. He's still my best friend and he still makes me crazy.

What I'm trying to say is give it a chance, don't be afraid. If it works it was meant to be and if not at least you put yourself out there and learned some things about yourself. Just my two cents...feel free to ignore me.
Here we go again....
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:17 AM   #887
Blabbermouth!!!

Jayce I think Blonde gave you some good advice. Like her, I did the same thing, broke up with my bf (now DH) like her, for the same reasons, etc.. We've been together for 20 years

Think about what you really really want and go for it! He seems really committed to you and trying to figure a life for the 2 of you..I know that seems scary when it happens so fast, trust me! DH was all ready to marry me after a couple months Bad enough we moved in together after only knowing eachother for about 6 weeks Shocked the heck outta all our friends and family and even I was like WTH am I doing..but I jumped, just because I knew I had to know if it was going to work. I haven't looked back.

You're a smart young lady I know you will do what's right for you!
Old 01-14-2013, 11:31 AM   #888
Major LCF Poster!

I want a long-term relationship, but I have been struggling with ambivalent feelings lately. I have always been the type of person who needs a certain amount of "me" time, and I don't feel like I'm getting that since we've started dating. I don't know what to think. He's also seemed moody lately, and that doesn't make me want to be around him either. LOL. I know I'm not the easiest person to deal with at times, but IDK...
Old 01-14-2013, 04:27 PM   #889

LOL, I hear ya, I thought that when me and Tony moved in together that would be the end, but I can honestly say when you know its right you know! And if its not, move on! I wasted so much time in bad marriages and relationships thinking it was me, or this or that, but when that perfect one comes you know!!! Tony is the first person in 5 years I never wondered is the grass greener, he lets me be me, and gives me space, and honestly I found out I like my time with him best! Give this a fair chance and if it is not right you will know soon, but for now enjoy the attention and companionship that is always good too!
Old 01-14-2013, 05:52 PM   #890
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I completely understand JG. I can't stand the clingy type either. But I agree with the ladies... Give it a little more time. If you still feel the same way, then he is not the one.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:27 AM   #891

GM Jayce, great advice from all the ladies and I totally agree. I'm like you, I like my space and "me" time...just can't be under someone where it feels like I'm stealing their oxygen...LOL. Hopefully you two will come to a happy medium.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:13 AM   #892
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning JG!!!! Have a great day on plan!!!!
Old 01-15-2013, 11:09 AM   #893
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara7272 View Post
Sounds like a great plan for the week!!! I think I'll copy it lol

Things are good here!! The weather has been lovely, new year, new goals, new plans, I'm liking it. And hellssss yes for Atkins finally making 'real' food to have for lunch at work!! I was so sick of worrying about only having one bar or one shake a day because of all the wacky stuff in them that makes me stall, these meals are basically just Lean Cuisine's without the pasta, they're perfect!

Have a great day lovie!
I'm slacking on my goals so far...*sigh*...I'll keep trying though! Glad that things are good with you! I think 2013 will be a good one. Hope this week has started well for you!

Quote:
Great loss, Jayce! So proud of you for sticking to it!

Great goals for the week

You girls and your talk about Atkins meals I've seen them at Walmart and at Fry's...that's kroger maybe to most of you? If you sign up on the atkins site (I think that's where) they'll send you coupons via email...or maybe it was their FB page ... I can't remember for sure, but I've gotten several $1 and $2 coupons for the meals that way.
Thanks for the encouragement, Dani...it's much appreciated, as always. I need to go check out the Atkins site & see about coupons. I buy their Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars a lot (they have 17g protein). They taste decent, too.

Quote:
Congrats on the loss!! Love the goals! I need to go to Walmart to try the meals too. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Thanks! I don't know where I'm standing, loss-wise, at the moment since my good ole pal TOM is here. LOL. Hopefully it'll be good by weigh-in day (Friday). How was your weekend? We went and saw "Gangster Squad" Sunday...pretty entertaining. Ryan Gosling is HOT! I don't usually like blondes, but he is a cutie.

Quote:
Jayce sounds like a good plan, water is important, try some of that mio in it if you get bored with plain water, plus running to the bathroom kills time off the clock! LOL
I do have some Mio at home -- thanks for the reminder. I like using it when I go out to eat b/c it saves me $$$ as well. Sodas and/or tea can be like $2.29 nowadays! Ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Hi Jayce, just stopping in to offer my support! I'm doing WW (again) for like the hundreth time...seems like it might stick this time. Glad you're liking your new job!

Once upon a time, a million years ago I met my husband. In the beginning he was kinda stand-offish (shy) then he started hanging around all the time and I got scared of the commitment (I thought). Really I was afraid he would get tired and move along and I would be devastated. We broke up once a year (while we were dating) whether we needed it or not (me being crazy). We've been married 35 years. He's still my best friend and he still makes me crazy.

What I'm trying to say is give it a chance, don't be afraid. If it works it was meant to be and if not at least you put yourself out there and learned some things about yourself. Just my two cents...feel free to ignore me.
Blonde -- thanks for stopping by! I need to start counting my WW points hard-core again. I have an app on my phone, so I really have no excuse. LOL.

Good advice re: my relationship issues...I didn't end up talking to him last night, but I'm going to do some thinking. He is a good guy, and I know he is trustworthy. I think a lot of my issues stem from me being used to keeping defensive "walls" up. I've had to do a lot of things on my own and have gotten used to being single, so, in some ways, I act like a guy (at least from what my friends and former significant others have told me...lol). I definitely like affection, cuddling, the whole 9, but I also feel the need to have nights to myself. I've never lived with a guy (which I guess is hard for some people to believe since I'm 33), so just the fact that I've spent as much time as I have with him since we started dating in early November is a huge change for me. The weird thing is, I get jealous at times (usually when I've had a few too many drinks) -- he's probably the most honest guy I've dated and has even said I can look through his phone b/c he has nothing to hide. So, in some ways, I am standoffish like a guy, and at others, I'm too girly. OY VEY! LOL!!!!

Quote:
Jayce I think Blonde gave you some good advice. Like her, I did the same thing, broke up with my bf (now DH) like her, for the same reasons, etc.. We've been together for 20 years

Think about what you really really want and go for it! He seems really committed to you and trying to figure a life for the 2 of you..I know that seems scary when it happens so fast, trust me! DH was all ready to marry me after a couple months Bad enough we moved in together after only knowing eachother for about 6 weeks Shocked the heck outta all our friends and family and even I was like WTH am I doing..but I jumped, just because I knew I had to know if it was going to work. I haven't looked back.

You're a smart young lady I know you will do what's right for you!
Thanks for the feedback -- I welcome any advice. I know there's no "perfect" relationship...I think this is the closest I've come to one, though.

Quote:
LOL, I hear ya, I thought that when me and Tony moved in together that would be the end, but I can honestly say when you know its right you know! And if its not, move on! I wasted so much time in bad marriages and relationships thinking it was me, or this or that, but when that perfect one comes you know!!! Tony is the first person in 5 years I never wondered is the grass greener, he lets me be me, and gives me space, and honestly I found out I like my time with him best! Give this a fair chance and if it is not right you will know soon, but for now enjoy the attention and companionship that is always good too!
Thanks for the feedback, Amber. I do think I "over-think" things often, which he and I have already discussed...LOL. I like to have control, but that's not really feasible, I guess, in relationships. Sometimes having emotions sucks!

Quote:
I completely understand JG. I can't stand the clingy type either. But I agree with the ladies... Give it a little more time. If you still feel the same way, then he is not the one.
I probably just need to talk to him about me needing a few nights to myself. I don't really know how to do so without hurting his feelings though. Hmmm...need to think about it. LOL

Quote:
GM Jayce, great advice from all the ladies and I totally agree. I'm like you, I like my space and "me" time...just can't be under someone where it feels like I'm stealing their oxygen...LOL. Hopefully you two will come to a happy medium.
Yes, a happy medium would be good. I do enjoy spending time with him, but I guess I need to feel like I still have time to myself to do stuff on my own.

Quote:
Morning JG!!!! Have a great day on plan!!!!
Hello, girl! I need to go track my points right now -- thanks for the reminder.

Hope everyone is having a GREAT Tuesday! It's rainy and cold here...lovvvvely. Hehe...

Last edited by Jayce; 01-15-2013 at 11:18 AM..
Old 01-16-2013, 05:31 AM   #894
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Morning boo!

hope you have a good day!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:12 AM   #895
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
Morning boo!

hope you have a good day!
Morning, Cle!

Glad it's Wednesday b/c that means the weekend's around the corner...WOOT!

Wasn't feeling good yesterday -- stomach was upset and I felt hot. I hope I don't have a fever! I am feeling kinda like I have one right now. I guess I need to invest in a thermometer. LOL.

I stayed home last night since I didn't feel well. I called my bf this morning and we talked a little bit. I think I know why he's been moody -- he has a lot of stress regarding his ex-wife & kids. For example, her water was turned off before Christmas, so he went and brought them to his house until it was turned back on, and this morning he told me her electricity was turned off yesterday, so he got them last night & is keeping them tonight as well. He's very frustrated b/c it seems like she's trifling, plain and simple. He says he would like to get full custody if she can't do the basics like keeping water & electricity on.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:28 AM   #896
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Morning, Cle!

Glad it's Wednesday b/c that means the weekend's around the corner...WOOT!

Wasn't feeling good yesterday -- stomach was upset and I felt hot. I hope I don't have a fever! I am feeling kinda like I have one right now. I guess I need to invest in a thermometer. LOL.

I stayed home last night since I didn't feel well. I called my bf this morning and we talked a little bit. I think I know why he's been moody -- he has a lot of stress regarding his ex-wife & kids. For example, her water was turned off before Christmas, so he went and brought them to his house until it was turned back on, and this morning he told me her electricity was turned off yesterday, so he got them last night & is keeping them tonight as well. He's very frustrated b/c it seems like she's trifling, plain and simple. He says he would like to get full custody if she can't do the basics like keeping water & electricity on.
That's a lot! I would be moody too! I can't do baby mommas who don't have anything going for them. Keep the basics going...he's going to need your support.

I hope you feel better!
Old 01-16-2013, 12:54 PM   #897
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
That's a lot! I would be moody too! I can't do baby mommas who don't have anything going for them. Keep the basics going...he's going to need your support.

I hope you feel better!
Girllll... LOL. I don't even know what to say about that mess, but I do appreciate that my bf is willing to do what's right for the kids. A lot of guys wouldn't go to all the trouble he does.

I am leaving at 4 (an hour early), but I didn't take a lunch break, so I'll still get paid the same amount of hours.

I plan on getting some crackers and diet gingerale, then hitting the bed!
Old 01-16-2013, 04:36 PM   #898
Blabbermouth!!!

Hope you feel better!

Re: Ex issues.. Lord have mercy... Seriously, he should get full custody.. I hope she realizes that every time he bails her out only builds a case for himself that he's the better suited parent. He sounds like a good daddy. I can certainly understand how that could be a tad stressful for you to deal with! Hang in there hon, he sounds like a good guy and I know you'll figure out what's right for you!

Now get to bed young lady!
Old 01-17-2013, 03:47 AM   #899
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Girllll... LOL. I don't even know what to say about that mess, but I do appreciate that my bf is willing to do what's right for the kids. A lot of guys wouldn't go to all the trouble he does.

I am leaving at 4 (an hour early), but I didn't take a lunch break, so I'll still get paid the same amount of hours.

I plan on getting some crackers and diet gingerale, then hitting the bed!
Feel better!!! Hope you get to 100% soon
Old 01-17-2013, 04:15 AM   #900

Hope you're feeling better today. Wow....that's real trife..smh. It has to be very stressful to have to take care of an adult that should know how to at least keep the main stuff going. I feel for him. Glad he's communicating with you so you know what he's going through and can give support.