LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2012, 04:42 PM   #841
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Hey Jayce, congrats on the new beau!! It's hard to not gain when you have a man that cooks too...LOL...but a winner! Hope it continues to work out. And I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Thanks, Shari! I told him I want to start cooking healthier stuff, so he's willing to help me out in that area. I asked him if he'll run with me also, and he said he will. I told him he needs to be patient in the beginning b/c it's been since like May since I ran, though. LOL!

How was your Thanksgiving?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Glad you stopped in, I was thinking about you today. Aw, I'm so glad you found a good one!!! Oh, and a cook too.... double YESSSS!!!
Be good to yourself, and screw the scale. Feel good and be happy!!!!
Thank you...I am definitely happy right now. He is one of a kind in a lot of respects.

I hope you had a great Turkey Day!

Didn't weigh this morning b/c I was "scurred" after yesterday...LOL. I will weigh on Monday, definitely. I gotta start tracking b/c that's the only that keeps me honest.

Make the commitment, invest the time, and do the work to make things matter.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2012, 07:30 AM   #842
Major LCF Poster!

I went to the dr. Tuesday and was horrified bc their scale said 229! I weighed 227 the next day at home, and am 225.6 today. So glad it's going down, but seeing that number really freaked me out. I really must focus on being good to myself as far as food choices...I'm having a lot of anxiety lately and wonder if sugar, etc. exacerbates it.

I am learning to open myself to the possibility of love, and that's kinda scary too. Lol. I am very happy with my new guy and think he could be a major keeper.

I hope all of you fabulous ladies are doing well! It looks like we post much less during holiday season...
Old 12-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #843
Major LCF Poster!

Hello, journal! Been reading threads here and there to get back in the right frame of mind. Went to DC this past weekend with my bf...had a good time. Going to weigh tomorrow a.m. to be honest with myself. I'm on Day 2 of TOM, so will keep that in mind. Looking forward to tracking once more and journaling...it really seems to help. Also going to using a tracker accountability.

Be back in the morning!
Old 12-12-2012, 06:46 AM   #844
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
Morning JG!!!

Girl yes the holidays are scarce. But I am here.... trying to stay accountable!!!
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:58 PM   #845
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceecee08 View Post
Morning JG!!!

Girl yes the holidays are scarce. But I am here.... trying to stay accountable!!!
Hey, Cassidy! Glad to see someone still around...lol.

I was super pissed with myself this morning...230 lbs! Ughhhh...so salty bc I haven't seen that # since last year.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:27 PM   #846
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
It will come off again.... we'll refocus!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:47 AM   #847
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
It will come off again.... we'll refocus!
Thanks for the encouragement, Cle! I am definitely ready to get serious again. I can clearly put on weight wayyy too easily! Think I'm gonna do basic stuff, like making protein shakes for breakfast, salads for lunch, and meat/veggie or eggs/meat for dinner.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:16 AM   #848
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Hiya honey!

Be kind to yourself and know that you will get back down again! We are all here with you, I promise!

Glad to see you, I have missed you!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:22 AM   #849
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Thanks for the encouragement, Cle! I am definitely ready to get serious again. I can clearly put on weight wayyy too easily! Think I'm gonna do basic stuff, like making protein shakes for breakfast, salads for lunch, and meat/veggie or eggs/meat for dinner.
Which is so weird because I've kept it simple this week and it's been fairly easy. When I didn't want to cook I had the atkins frozen meals to help.

We got this!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:56 PM   #850
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hiya honey!

Be kind to yourself and know that you will get back down again! We are all here with you, I promise!

Glad to see you, I have missed you!
I think I need to remember that sometimes -- I am very good at virtually "flogging" myself about shortcomings, at times. I am glad to have y'all's support here...it does help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
Which is so weird because I've kept it simple this week and it's been fairly easy. When I didn't want to cook I had the atkins frozen meals to help.

We got this!
I need to make some shakes ahead of time...my biggest thing is I'm a person who likes convenience. I am really going to work on that aspect!

Will weigh tomorrow and see what it says...I woke up pretty sick this morning and am miserable here at work.

On a good note, I met my bf's children, and it wasn't "weird" at all, so that relieved some anxiety for me (he was married prior and has 1 daughter & a stepson). He's a sweetheart: this morning, he made me some hot herbal tea and cooked breakfast.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:22 AM   #851
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Aww, what a sweetheart! So glad meeting his kids went well that's so important. Hoping you see good numbers for weigh in... Feel better!
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:31 AM   #852
Major LCF Poster!

Just now getting over being sick...not weighing right now. I went for my yearly women's exam Thursday and they're testing my thyroid just to see if I have any issues. It will be nice to know if I do (my sister does).

Haven't done any shopping b/c I've been so sick and put it off till the last minute, so guess that means I gotta do it tomorrow. Ugh!
Old 12-25-2012, 04:30 AM   #853

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Merry Christmas Jayce, I am going to get my fat butt in order in the New Year and get this weight off, what a battle!!!! For now I am living it up, LOL!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:59 AM   #854
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning JG!!!!! Beautiful picture!!!!

Girl yes we all need to refocus. But It WILL come off. I am keeping it moving. I was fairly good on Christmas. We will see what the scale reflects tomorrow.

That was so nice of your BF!!! Glad you met with the kids. that is very important.

Have a great day girl!!
Old 12-27-2012, 09:27 AM   #855
Blabbermouth!!!

Yoohooooooo!!!! Hope you had a wonderful holiday! Lookin forward to starting the new year off with you.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:31 AM   #856

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Just now getting over being sick...not weighing right now. I went for my yearly women's exam Thursday and they're testing my thyroid just to see if I have any issues. It will be nice to know if I do (my sister does).

Haven't done any shopping b/c I've been so sick and put it off till the last minute, so guess that means I gotta do it tomorrow. Ugh!
Glad you're feeling better. Hope you have a happy new year!
Old 12-29-2012, 07:41 AM   #857
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Merry Christmas Jayce, I am going to get my fat butt in order in the New Year and get this weight off, what a battle!!!! For now I am living it up, LOL!!!
Hey, Amber! Girl, I hear you...I have to got to get my mind back in this. I am ending the year a little heavier than last year -- very frustrating!

Quote:
Morning JG!!!!! Beautiful picture!!!!

Girl yes we all need to refocus. But It WILL come off. I am keeping it moving. I was fairly good on Christmas. We will see what the scale reflects tomorrow.

That was so nice of your BF!!! Glad you met with the kids. that is very important. Have a great day girl!!
Thanks, Cass. Your avi is cute, too. I need to refocus times 10! LOL.

Yes, my bf is considerate. I am still kinda nervous about the kids things, but it will work itself out in time, I guess.

Quote:
Yoohooooooo!!!! Hope you had a wonderful holiday! Lookin forward to starting the new year off with you.
Thanks, Dani! I did have a good holiday...nice & laidback with the family & the boo. I am definitely looking forward to getting my rear in gear with you ladies! Your support is invaluable.

Quote:
Glad you're feeling better. Hope you have a happy new year!
I had started feeling better, and now the congestion has worked its way into my chest. Ugh! I gotta go get more meds when I leave work today. Hopefully I'll get over it soon since I start my new job on Wednesday!

Well, I was 232 this morning. *LE SIGH*
The weird thing is I can still wear jeans that I couldn't when I was the same weight a year ago -- they're a little tight, but I can fit in them. I haven't been working out, so IDK. Maybe I gained the weight somewhere different. LOL!
Old 12-29-2012, 08:36 AM   #858
Blabbermouth!!!

Can you believe the new year is almost here? The good thing is we have the whole year to make some really fantastic changes, right?
I can relate to the cold, mine hung around for weeks and I'm just barely getting better. Feel better soon!
Old 12-30-2012, 03:32 AM   #859
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Feel better soon JG. Yes new yr, new goals. NEW US!!! We can do this!!
Old 01-02-2013, 03:47 AM   #860

Jayce I gained so much it is scary but it is going to come off, the more we avoid it the more it piles on! So I am glad you are back and a new man!!! Yeah I am glad you found someone you are are enjoying being with! That is good motivation too!
Old 01-03-2013, 09:12 AM   #861
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Here to cheer you on. We can do this!!!!
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:52 PM   #862
Blabbermouth!!!

Hiya honey! How's the new year starting out for you?
Old 01-04-2013, 01:43 PM   #863
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Feel better soon JG. Yes new yr, new goals. NEW US!!! We can do this!!
Thank you, Cass. Unfortunately, I'm still not feeling 100% -- I start out feeling ok in the morning, but I've really been struggling around 1. I started my new job yesterday, but was sent home early b/c she said the color was draining out of my face & I looked really tired. I could tell I had a fever while driving home. I am super tired right now and just really ready to get home. I'm really over being sick!

Quote:
Jayce I gained so much it is scary but it is going to come off, the more we avoid it the more it piles on! So I am glad you are back and a new man!!! Yeah I am glad you found someone you are are enjoying being with! That is good motivation too!
I definitely need to keep checking in here -- I have to stay accountable. I think part of my struggle has arisen from me being happy and going out to eat a lot again. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy2be View Post
Here to cheer you on. We can do this!!!!
Thanks, Melanie! Glad to see you back.

Quote:
Hiya honey! How's the new year starting out for you?
Hi, Dani! I was kinda bummed b/c I couldn't do anything at all on NYE due to having strep throat & bronchitis. My boyfriend was in Chicago with family, and I haven't seen him in a week. He got home yesterday, but I felt so crappy that I didn't want to go over to his place with a fever. I am hoping to see him this evening before he goes to a sleep study around 7.

I don't know WTH else to do b/c I've taken all my antibiotics, and I'm almost done with 6 days' worth of prednisone (steroid). I take codeine cough syrup at night, and I've been taking Ester-C, Airborne, Ibuprofen for fevers, drinking hot tea, and using saline spray for congestion. Don't know what else to do!

Eating has been pretty good today -- I need to work on cutting back my carbs. I'm still going to focus mainly on WW-style of eating.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:04 AM   #864

Jayce I am going on 10 days of this crud as well I still get feverish the cough is the worst and the congestion it was some nasty crap going around!!! So tell us about the new man and the new job!!!!
Old 01-05-2013, 05:05 AM   #865

I hope you feel better. It sucks to be taking all you are and still not fully recovered.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:47 PM   #866
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Jayce I am going on 10 days of this crud as well I still get feverish the cough is the worst and the congestion it was some nasty crap going around!!! So tell us about the new man and the new job!!!!
I finally feel pretty much normal...thank God! Lol. I hope you get some relief soon, Amber.

My new job is as Administrative Assistant at a huge marine supplier. It's an international company and has some great perks. I am so happy to have a M-F job with normal hours. It seems like it will be less stressful than my prior job.

I found out they will pay up to $30 a month for gym membership, so I'm going to rejoin! I am thinking either the Y or Planet Fitness.

My new bf is in the Coast Guard...he's supervisor in an electrician shop. We had an argument yesterday, but talked afterwards and everything is ok. He's pretty good at communicating, which is refreshing! Our senses of humor are very similar, which I love. I am glad to have met him (we met at a dating site).

Quote:
I hope you feel better. It sucks to be taking all you are and still not fully recovered.
Thanks, Shari.

I feel better today.

Weight is going down...going to work on getting more water in!
Old 01-07-2013, 03:25 AM   #867

Jayce sounds like a good new job and a nice new man, this is going to be your year, remember that when you get down, I always finds it helps to think of the things that make me grateful!!!! Glad you worked out your differences!!!! Planet Fitness is like $10 a month I wish we had one near me, I hate my gym there is a new gym near where we are moving but it is sort of expensive, but I want to convince Tony to let me join once we move!
Old 01-07-2013, 05:50 AM   #868
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That man and job sound like keepers JG. Way to go!

I am sorry you are not feeling well still. Hopefully one of those a million meds you taking gives you some relief soon

I am also working on getting more water in.... Looks like I need to start counting ounces again. And yes getting on here keeps me accountable too.

Have a great day girl!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 12:25 PM   #869
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Jayce sounds like a good new job and a nice new man, this is going to be your year, remember that when you get down, I always finds it helps to think of the things that make me grateful!!!! Glad you worked out your differences!!!! Planet Fitness is like $10 a month I wish we had one near me, I hate my gym there is a new gym near where we are moving but it is sort of expensive, but I want to convince Tony to let me join once we move!
It is much better pay, better benefits (once they start), and regular hours (I worked nights, weekends, etc. for the last 2.5 years), so I'm grateful for that. It seems less stressful also -- but I must admit being a bit bored right now. LOL. I am considering asking people to show me extra stuff to learn b/c I prefer staying occupied so that my day goes by quicker.

Not sure whether I want to do the Y or Planet Fitness -- I'm going to compare the two today and make my decision.

Quote:
That man and job sound like keepers JG. Way to go!

I am sorry you are not feeling well still. Hopefully one of those a million meds you taking gives you some relief soon

I am also working on getting more water in.... Looks like I need to start counting ounces again. And yes getting on here keeps me accountable too.

Have a great day girl!!!
I kinda miss things about my previous job, but I know that I am blessed to have gotten something more stable. There will be pros & cons no matter where I work, so I just need to keep that in mind!

I am so weird b/c I go through times where I feel like I'm pulling away from someone I'm dating -- I think it's like a subconscious defense mechanism. I'm so used to "putting up walls" that I think I psych myself out. He's the first person I've felt this strongly about & I think we have great long term potential...I think it scares me, in a way. I've got issues...LOL!

I am finally feeling better *does praise dance*

Weight was 230.6 this morning, so it seems to be going down. I need to work on tracking still!
Old 01-08-2013, 04:37 PM   #870

Jayce dont let your past experiences with men scare a good one away!!!! If you know it is an issue then tell him upfront and work on it!!!!! I am with you on being busy-being idle is very bad for me I like when the day flies by!!!!! Sounds like things are really turning all for the good in your life, focus on that!!!! I just know big things are in store for you!