Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2012, 09:11 AM   #661
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Yay on smaller jeans! So proud of you girly, you're doing fantastic!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2012, 10:53 AM   #662
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/?/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Ok, I have a confession: having a "down" day & I know a lot of it is bc I'm stressed over money. I have a very bad habit of shopping when stressed, lonely, etc., so last Friday when I got paid, I spent $$ on sh*t I shouldn't have (like $60 something on beauty products at Ulta & $85 on supplements/organic products at The Vitamin Shoppe that I don't really need). I hate when I do this to myself bc now I'm stressing over making the gas last in my car till next Friday, and I don't know that I can pay all my bills next pay period. Ughhhhh! This overspending is one of my worst habits, and it's sooo hard to break!

Make the commitment, invest the time, and do the work to make things matter.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:06 AM   #663
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/213.6/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
I do that too, i was just whining about money and then ordered two dresses from target and spent money on shipping. SO DUMB! I hate money worries

Those are my two biggest, well really only complaints, money and my weight.
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:06 PM   #664
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
Yea we all do that. I stress over money ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!! I too have a spending problem. I have been trying to save but I always fail
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:02 AM   #665
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Honestly, I still miss him like crazy...I hate to admit it. I think he's emotionally unavailable for a long term relationship, even though he said he wanted one. How do you go from texting "Can't wait to see you" 2 days in a row, going out to dinner & movies, then calling me to break up 2 nights later? I just don't get it. I feel like if I could just figure out what happened, then I'd have more peace about it. I do tend to overanalyze things, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I can't really help it. :-/
Quote:
LOL, Amber...I was thinking about it a lot last night, and I don't think he's a "******," per se, but I do think he's immature. So, even though it hurts how it ended, I can let it go, forgive him, and know that he let something really good go, which is a loss on his part. I still am not interested in dating anyone else right now, but I'm going to try focusing on things to make me happy and healthier. I was feeling mad at myself for crying when he broke up with me, but then I realized that I shouldn't be ashamed of that b/c at least I'm willing to be vulnerable and put myself out there for someone, which he was not willing to do.

213.6 this morning, which is my current low. Really want to break past 210! That would be awesome. I am so encouraged by Nikki and Melanie's recent breakthroughs into Onederland!
JG! love ya girl!

Congrats on your new low!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:06 AM   #666
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
JG! love ya girl!

Congrats on your new low!
Thanks for the hugs...love ta too! So, are you back from your trip?

Weight this morning: 212.8! Yessssss! I am so close to getting past 210, & I feel really hopeful about continuing losses. My big goal to tackle is cutting down diet soda...shooting for 1 a week as a treat. This will be hard, but I think it will make a big difference (besides the fact that I got a huge kidney stone removed January of last year, so I know the diet soda is not something I should consume on a regular basis).

Been reading some self-help books lately...I don't always agree with everything, but I do enjoy getting feedback & new perspectives in regards to issues I struggle with. Putting a "light" on my habits & behaviors I want to change is hard, but I feel the process is going to be worth it. For example, my recent breakup showed me that I have trust issues to work on, and that our argument (albeit our first one ever) started bc I REACTED to him in a familiar, but flawed way, and it only served to push him away (which in some subconscious way, I think was my goal). I was sexually assaulted as a virgin (freshman in college), and I still have work to do as far as opening myself up to the possibility of love.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:23 PM   #667
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Quote:
Thanks for the hugs...love ta too! So, are you back from your trip?

Weight this morning: 212.8! Yessssss! I am so close to getting past 210, & I feel really hopeful about continuing losses. My big goal to tackle is cutting down diet soda...shooting for 1 a week as a treat. This will be hard, but I think it will make a big difference (besides the fact that I got a huge kidney stone removed January of last year, so I know the diet soda is not something I should consume on a regular basis).

Been reading some self-help books lately...I don't always agree with everything, but I do enjoy getting feedback & new perspectives in regards to issues I struggle with. Putting a "light" on my habits & behaviors I want to change is hard, but I feel the process is going to be worth it. For example, my recent breakup showed me that I have trust issues to work on, and that our argument (albeit our first one ever) started bc I REACTED to him in a familiar, but flawed way, and it only served to push him away (which in some subconscious way, I think was my goal). I was sexually assaulted as a virgin (freshman in college), and I still have work to do as far as opening myself up to the possibility of love.
Yes, I'm back...getting back on the wagon....I had the time of my life....
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:41 PM   #668
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Congrats on the smaller jeans! You're so close to goal. Glad to see you're feeling better..it just takes time.
Thank you, Shari! I just when I can fit all this booty into a smaller pair. LOL. Hope you're having a good weekend! Are you doing Protein Power now, or just incorporating some of its ideas? I am loosely doing a low carb/whole grain/WW thing...LOL. I read Jackie Warner's book This Is Why You're Fat (And How to Get Thin Forever), and I like a lot of her common sense suggestions. She has a very direct writing style, much like Jillian Michaels. She is frickin' CUT, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
That's exactly what I was thinking! Newcomer to your journal, so hi!
Hi, Christine! to my journal...so glad you found your way here. Every day I am getting "over" him, so I guess that's progress, right? LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceecee08 View Post
YES!!!!!!!!!!!! Fitting into old jeans is a PLUS and MAJOR motivator!!!!!!!!! Go get em on the elliptical skinny minny!!!
Hey, lady! Girl, I didn't even go do the elliptical like I said I was...smh. I am so not a morning person...I really need to commit to 3 days a week of exercise though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
Don't you love that? I have a pair of silver jeans that i'm hoping to fit into by august! i can button them but they are tight!
Good luck, Lexi! You can do it! I have so many pairs of jeans, it's not even funny. I them, though.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:42 PM   #669
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Yay on smaller jeans! So proud of you girly, you're doing fantastic!
Hey Dani! Thank you! I really appreciate your "cheering" me on... Hope you're having a good weekend!
Old 06-18-2012, 04:23 AM   #670
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Jayce good for you hun, it is out heads that stand in our own way, it is great you are examining old issues and behaviors in order to change, I know you can do it!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:21 AM   #671

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Congrats on your loss! Yes, I'm incorporating some of the ideas..mainly concentrating on protein, veggies and some fruit. I'm doing a combo of plans now to make it work. You're doing good, KUTGW!
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:25 AM   #672
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
WOOOOOT WOOOOT!!!!!!! WTG JG!!

Yes, I am getting back in the workout routine. 3-4 times a week is what I am aiming for as far as cardio. then 3 days of stregth training.
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:28 AM   #673
Major LCF Poster!

Happy monday, another day another dollar lol. I wanted to stay in bed this morning SO BAD! lol! I had an 11 month old crawling on me tho so that got me up!

Hope your weekend was great!
Old 06-18-2012, 08:47 AM   #674
Major LCF Poster!

I think you should join Cassidy and I with our scale boycott. lol. shes doing a two week fast from the scale starting today. the weigh in day is June 29th for us both. You can do it to and set up a mini goal for yourself and then bust your butt this week and next week. OMG im serious going to pass out waiting to see what it says after i get on it haha.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #675
Tyl

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
You are doing an amazing job pal! i'm so very proud of you..on all fronts...
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:56 AM   #676
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Jayce good for you hun, it is our heads that stand in our own way, it is great you are examining old issues and behaviors in order to change, I know you can do it!
Thanks, Amber...I have really been feeling better these past few days. I see what I need to work on, but I definitely feel like he made a mistake, and I'm okay with that. I got some more books from the library today, so it'll be interesting to see what else I can learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Congrats on your loss! Yes, I'm incorporating some of the ideas..mainly concentrating on protein, veggies and some fruit. I'm doing a combo of plans now to make it work. You're doing good, KUTGW!
Thanks, Shari. I am doing a "combo" as well, and I'm really enjoying it right now...I'm feeling very balanced. I wish you all the best in your weight loss journey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceecee08 View Post
WOOOOOT WOOOOT!!!!!!! WTG JG!!
Yes, I am getting back in the workout routine. 3-4 times a week is what I am aiming for as far as cardio. then 3 days of stregth training.
Thanks, Cassidy! I was just talking to this lady at work about exercise...I think I'm going to try getting up at 5 A.M. on the mornings I work, and getting it done before I start my day. I usually just feel like relaxing when I get home from work, so night-time workouts don't usually happen.

Quote:
Happy monday, another day another dollar lol. I wanted to stay in bed this morning SO BAD! lol! I had an 11 month old crawling on me tho so that got me up!

Hope your weekend was great!
My weekend was pretty quiet...I had to work, so I just kind of read and watched movies when I got home. Hope your week is going well!

Quote:
I think you should join Cassidy and I with our scale boycott. lol. shes doing a two week fast from the scale starting today. the weigh in day is June 29th for us both. You can do it to and set up a mini goal for yourself and then bust your butt this week and next week. OMG im serious going to pass out waiting to see what it says after i get on it haha.
I'm wondering if I could handle not weighing for 2 weeks...hmmm...I would probably go into withdrawals! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl View Post
You are doing an amazing job pal! i'm so very proud of you..on all fronts...
Aw, thanks, Pal! I'm trying to better myself in different ways...it's a process. I miss seeing you around...how's everything in TX?

Ok, everyone, so I'm 212.6 today... I am very pleased with my progress lately. I have been trying to eat more regularly (I skipped meals a ton before, which I know is terrible for your blood sugar), and I'm actually enjoying the "healthy" stuff I've got at the house. I did have a cupcake at work yesterday, but I was still down this morning (I'm guessing b/c everything else I ate was good). I think I need to take in more protein, so I'm going to work on that aspect.

Wearing a pair of 13/14 Express dress pants today...they were super tight on my waist and hips before, so I couldn't wear them before, but they're fine today. NSV's can be the best sometimes.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:24 AM   #677
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
My weekend was pretty quiet...I had to work, so I just kind of read and watched movies when I got home. Hope your week is going well!

Ok, everyone, so I'm 212.6 today

Wearing a pair of 13/14 Express dress pants today...they were super tight on my waist and hips before, so I couldn't wear them before, but they're fine today. NSV's can be the best sometimes.
Weeks good so far!

212 is AWESOME!

OMG i haven't fit into 13/14 at express since I was 20 I have a pair of size 11 dark wash from express, those are my skinny jeans. I will cherish the day if i can ever get into those again!!!! I am keeping them in hopes that i do and will wear them proudly i don't care if they are from when i was 15 years old or not haha!!
Old 06-20-2012, 11:06 AM   #678
Major LCF Poster!

I got rid of my smallest pants/jeans...now I'm kinda wishing I had held on to some of them. guess I'll have to go shopping when I get there.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:10 AM   #679
Major LCF Poster!

Well there you go haha!
Old 06-20-2012, 11:09 PM   #680
Tyl

hey girl! i miss you too! things in texas are fine! i think putting in the time and effort to better yourself... eating, fitness, reading, reflection! all good things! and the weightloss is super awesome! go ahead girl! i need to get like you! i'm blowing up over here. but my eating has gotten better over the last couple of weeks.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:42 AM   #681

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Thanks Jayce, you too!
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:38 AM   #682
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: nikkiluvslowcarb
Stats: 315 /164.4/ 155
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: June 7th 2011
Happy Friday Jayce!
nikkiluvslowcarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:08 AM   #683
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Have a great weekend chicky!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:02 PM   #684
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, so I found some Quest bars at The Vitamin Shoppe, and I got the Cinnamon Roll one...so good! Plus it's made with stevia & erythritol, so that's cool.

Had 2 job interviews today...I want to pick up a second job, so keeping my fingers crossed! Happy Friday, ladies! (Oh yea, I bought some sparkling white Italian wine...woot woot!)
Old 06-23-2012, 07:09 AM   #685
Major LCF Poster!

I got the job...they called me at 9 a.m. Happy! I just gotta figure out how this is gonna work around my other job (as far as sleep & whatnot).
Old 06-23-2012, 09:50 AM   #686
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Congrats!! Good luck!!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:57 AM   #687
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you, Christine! I appreciate it.

212.0 this morning...close to breaking 211.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:02 PM   #688
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
Start Date: March 2, 2009
WOO HOO!!!! On the job and the new number!!!!
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:37 AM   #689

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Jayce yeah on the new job, maybe that will keep you from shopping, LOL Isnt it terrible that is what I do when I am stressed shop on line,OMG you would think with being unemployed I could reign it in, LOL
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:17 AM   #690
Tyl

congrats!!!!!