Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2011, 06:27 AM   #121
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Heheher
Stats: 142.8/110/now pregnant 125 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 3/18/11
You are doing great! Keep it up! And even staying on plan when things are tight! Finding a way to stick to it, congrats!
Heheher is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2011, 06:32 AM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lileve
Stats: 221/187/120
WOE: LC - atkins my way
Start Date: new start: jan 2013.
Thank you Heather. I am finding it more difficult to stay on plan now. I guess, without realizing it, I was/am a stress eater. I wasn't stressed when i started this diet so didn't have any problems with it, but I do now.
I will do this though! It takes a lot for me to give up and it ain't over till the skinny girl cheers!!
Lileve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:00 AM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: green team
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lileve View Post
Thank you Heather. I am finding it more difficult to stay on plan now. I guess, without realizing it, I was/am a stress eater. I wasn't stressed when i started this diet so didn't have any problems with it, but I do now.
I will do this though! It takes a lot for me to give up and it ain't over till the skinny girl cheers!!
I hope you don't stress eat, but if you do, stress-eat low-carb. I find I do that now because my food fantasies are all for low-carb food. The other day I ate an unscheduled bowl of strawberries and cream and a whole chunk of cheese. It was wrong, but it was like having too much sex with one's wife, rather than like sleeping with the neighbour--naughty feeling afterwards but no remorse. I paid for it on the scales but got it back off in a day--I don't think it would've been the same recovery if I'd carbed out.

Last edited by green team; 11-02-2011 at 09:02 AM..
green team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:56 AM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by green team View Post
I hope you don't stress eat, but if you do, stress-eat low-carb. I find I do that now because my food fantasies are all for low-carb food. The other day I ate an unscheduled bowl of strawberries and cream and a whole chunk of cheese. It was wrong, but it was like having too much sex with one's wife, rather than like sleeping with the neighbour--naughty feeling afterwards but no remorse. I paid for it on the scales but got it back off in a day--I don't think it would've been the same recovery if I'd carbed out.
Hahaha you are funny! You're right though. I need to reset my behaviors again. If I'm going to binge I should do so on LC - is much more difficult anyway because it's much more filling. Strawberries and cream sounds gorgeous!!
Old 11-03-2011, 01:13 PM   #125
Senior LCF Member

I am really hoping our streak of bad luck has ended now!

Last night my bf got woken up at 2.30 by the doorbell. He could also hear other noises (laughter) outside so he just looked out the window and saw someone running away. 45 minutes later he heard a thud downstairs so he quickly went to check it out. When he came downstairs he heard a loud cracking coming from the kitchen and he saw a man standing at our kitchen window trying to break in!!!!! He immediately turned on the kitchen light which frightened the burglar away (he hadn't even seen my bf appear). My bf then shouted me downstairs: "someone tried to break in!!" I grabbed my phone, dialed for the emergency services and within a few minutes there were four police cars patrolling the neighborhood, looking for the guy. My bf didn't get a good look at him, the bloke ran away too fast. They didn't catch anyone, but the police did come to take our statements.
The next morning people came to do a trace-investigation (hope it's the right term). They dusted for prints and took imprints from the dents left in the wood by the tool the burglar used.
The rest of the day was spent on the phone with our insurance company and looking for extra locks. We've also notified the neighborhood and everybody is going to be more vigilant.

I slept alright (I don't scare easily and recover quite fast), but my BF, who actually saw the bloke suddenly standing at the window and breaking in, didn't sleep well at all. I think it was partly the adrenaline, but also because he's just slightly more sensitive (don't tell him I said that ).

Anyway, I did manage to stay on plan and eat LC. I did have 2 slices of LC bread which I keep in my freezer for emergencies. But it was better than having the white bread that I almost went for.
I also forgot to weigh in, so will that tomorrow morning.

sorry for all the rambling.

Mile by mile life's a trial, yard by yard life's hard, inch by inch life's a cinch!
Old 11-03-2011, 01:33 PM   #126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Eve, So glad y'all are okay. How scary. Ugh, now that I am alone with 4 little girls I need to get a gun!
Old 11-04-2011, 11:40 AM   #127
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Psmileyf
Stats: 215/193 on WW/174since LC Aug 1st/166
Start Date: 8/1/2011
Oh- that is scary!
Psmileyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:33 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I am really hoping our streak of bad luck has ended now!

Last night my bf got woken up at 2.30 by the doorbell. He could also hear other noises (laughter) outside so he just looked out the window and saw someone running away. 45 minutes later he heard a thud downstairs so he quickly went to check it out. When he came downstairs he heard a loud cracking coming from the kitchen and he saw a man standing at our kitchen window trying to break in!!!!! He immediately turned on the kitchen light which frightened the burglar away (he hadn't even seen my bf appear). My bf then shouted me downstairs: "someone tried to break in!!" I grabbed my phone, dialed for the emergency services and within a few minutes there were four police cars patrolling the neighborhood, looking for the guy. My bf didn't get a good look at him, the bloke ran away too fast. They didn't catch anyone, but the police did come to take our statements.
The next morning people came to do a trace-investigation (hope it's the right term). They dusted for prints and took imprints from the dents left in the wood by the tool the burglar used.
The rest of the day was spent on the phone with our insurance company and looking for extra locks. We've also notified the neighborhood and everybody is going to be more vigilant.

I slept alright (I don't scare easily and recover quite fast), but my BF, who actually saw the bloke suddenly standing at the window and breaking in, didn't sleep well at all. I think it was partly the adrenaline, but also because he's just slightly more sensitive (don't tell him I said that ).

Anyway, I did manage to stay on plan and eat LC. I did have 2 slices of LC bread which I keep in my freezer for emergencies. But it was better than having the white bread that I almost went for.
I also forgot to weigh in, so will that tomorrow morning.

sorry for all the rambling.
Crikey, he must've have been on drugs. Who breaks in by making such noises? Maybe he thought the house was empty--might be worth leaving a low light on. Glad you are both OK. We have zero crime round my way, thank goodness--not that I've got much to nick. But I keep a magnificent long-handled sledge hammer in the bedroom cupboard, so woe betide any burglar who isn't wearing a helmet.

Last edited by green team; 11-05-2011 at 03:35 AM..
Old 11-05-2011, 03:36 AM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heheher View Post
Eve, So glad y'all are okay. How scary. Ugh, now that I am alone with 4 little girls I need to get a gun!
Or a dog. If you don't want a dog, at least put up a "Beware of the Dog" sign--will work wonders.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:34 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Crikey, he must've have been on drugs. Who breaks in by making such noises? Maybe he thought the house was empty--might be worth leaving a low light on. Glad you are both OK. We have zero crime round my way, thank goodness--not that I've got much to nick. But I keep a magnificent long-handled sledge hammer in the bedroom cupboard, so woe betide any burglar who isn't wearing a helmet.

I think his reckoning was that no-one was in at the time. There was a successful burglary a few hours earlier a few streets away so it was probably the same guy. I'm not a strong person (my bf is strong but very non-violent than I am) so I don't like the idea of having a weapon of any kind at the ready. Also, you just get a large fine or jail time if you actually hurt the burglar (bloody law). But I like the idea of putting up a 'beware of the dog' sign! Just told my bf and he likes it too.

Aw well, I'm mostly over it. We've left a light on at the far end of the back garden a little light at the front door and extra locks on the windows and doors. I think we'll be fine.
My bf hasn't been sleeping well, understandably. Hopefully that gets better soon.

On a good note: our financial crisis isn't as bad as I thought and also, I apparently get money back from my health insurance from 2010! I'll get it 2 days before Christmas

On a better note: I'm losing a wee bit faster again - 300 grams in a day instead of the measly 100 grams I've been dropping every few days
Old 11-05-2011, 04:36 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Heather and Paula, thnx, yes it was scary, but luckily it was unsuccessful on his part
Don't think I'd ever get a gun (not sure I could what with our laws).
Old 11-05-2011, 03:10 PM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Today was a good LC day! I'd started getting carb cravings again due to the few cheats I had while we had visitors. And even when the cravings weren't very bad at all, I wasn't enjoying LC food anymore.
But it's back! I'm thoroughly enjoying my meals again, don't feel a tremendous need for snacking and I have more energy again. Ya just gotta LOVE this WOE!
Old 11-05-2011, 04:39 PM   #133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am pretty sure the law here protects us. If some tries to break in I have a right to defend myself but whatever means I can. A dog is a good idea but I have a a daughter who has asthma and a lot of allergies. But a sign would be a good idea. Glad you are going to be better financially than you thought!
Old 11-08-2011, 03:51 AM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Heather!

Slowly but surely the weight is coming off. But even better than that:
Slowly but surely I am noticing differences:
-I can walk longer and faster
-I feel emotionally balanced most of the time
-My clothes (trousers mostly) aren't fraying as quickly.
-I can wear necklaces again that wouldn't fit round my neck before
-My energy is steady throughout the day.
-I mostly eat when hungry, not when I see food/think about food/crave food.
-I'm not as 'lazy' anymore: when I need something from the shop I don't phone my BF and ask him to bring it home or ask him to go get it, I just get up and do it myself.
- Household tasks don't daunt me as much anymore.

One downside I've noticed: when TOM visits my cramps and headaches are pretty bad - haven't had that since I was a teenager.
It's worth it though.

My mum is doing well too. She doesn't have nearly as much to lose and she's post menopausal so it's slower going for her, but she's already lost about 8.5 lbs! I think she started about 4 or 5 weeks ago. Not bad at all
Old 11-08-2011, 04:58 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks Heather!

-I'm not as 'lazy' anymore: when I need something from the shop I don't phone my BF and ask him to bring it home or ask him to go get it, I just get up and do it myself.

One downside I've noticed: when TOM visits my cramps and headaches are pretty bad - haven't had that since I was a teenager.
It's worth it though.

My mum is doing well too. She doesn't have nearly as much to lose and she's post menopausal so it's slower going for her, but she's already lost about 8.5 lbs! I think she started about 4 or 5 weeks ago. Not bad at all
Any difference in sleep? I've noticed I sleep regular hours with no trouble, nodding off pretty quickly. I'm also waking up with the dawn instead of the alarm, which gives me a sort of lie in and makes me feel ready for breakfast. Of course, it's easier for me because I don't have maniacs smashing my windows in during the night.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:31 AM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Any difference in sleep? I've noticed I sleep regular hours with no trouble, nodding off pretty quickly. I'm also waking up with the dawn instead of the alarm, which gives me a sort of lie in and makes me feel ready for breakfast. Of course, it's easier for me because I don't have maniacs smashing my windows in during the night.
Hi Greenteam, I've always slept quite well so no difference there -which in my case is a good thing. I've also slept quite well since the attempted break in: so I'm feeling well rested
I also like to have a bit of a lie in. I usually set my alarm for 7.30 which gives me at least half an hour before my daughter wakes up (sometimes more). I usually get my blackberry out and start checking messages (addicted much?).
Glad you're sleeping better since your started LC-ing. Did it used to take you very long to fall asleep?
Old 11-11-2011, 03:09 PM   #137
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: nikkiluvslowcarb
Stats: 315 /164.4/ 155
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: June 7th 2011
Hi there . Have a great weekend!
nikkiluvslowcarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:55 AM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Hi Nikki, thanks! Hope you have a great weekend too.

Wow, what a super busy week. I've been either on the go all day or in bed with a headache all day! Yesterday was our version of a halloween holiday (Sint Maarten) and it was my daughter's first time going round the houses (here the kids have to sing a song and then they get a treat).

Today I'm in bed again with that headache so I'm just gonna take it easy. Tomorrow I'm gonna be busy again and hopefully, starting from Monday, life will even out again.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:06 AM   #139
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: nikkiluvslowcarb
Stats: 315 /164.4/ 155
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: June 7th 2011
Hey girl, I hope your feeling better this morning.
nikkiluvslowcarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:13 PM   #140
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Thanks Heather!

It's worth it though.

That is a great list of accomplishments!
Old 11-25-2011, 05:55 AM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Paula x
Old 11-25-2011, 05:59 AM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Exactly 3 months ago, on the 25th of August I started Low Carb eating. Within a short time I noticed many advantages and lost weight. I've loved it ever since and am so glad that this came across my path.

This morning I got on my scales (metric of course) and lo and behold .... I have lost exactly 15 kilo's!!!! (33 lbs). That is one third of what I want to lose in total and I am so happy that I've accomplished this in such a short time!

start: 100.5 kilo's -----85.5 kilo's
221 pounds-----188 pounds
Goal: 55 kilo's
121 pounds
Old 11-25-2011, 02:26 PM   #143
Blabbermouth!!!

I've been wondering where you were. Congrats!
Old 11-26-2011, 08:07 AM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Exactly 3 months ago, on the 25th of August I started Low Carb eating. Within a short time I noticed many advantages and lost weight. I've loved it ever since and am so glad that this came across my path.

This morning I got on my scales (metric of course) and lo and behold .... I have lost exactly 15 kilo's!!!! (33 lbs). That is one third of what I want to lose in total and I am so happy that I've accomplished this in such a short time!

start: 100.5 kilo's -----85.5 kilo's
221 pounds-----188 pounds
Goal: 55 kilo's
121 pounds
Three cheers. You seem to be going along at the same sort of rate as me--which is remarkable, as women usually find weight loss slower. I just reached goal and have decided to to maintain, but with an eye to slowly getting down to the "normal" BMI, even though I think it's set a bit too low. I share your happiness at the delights of this sort of diet.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:39 PM   #145
Senior LCF Member

hya everyone Im back!
Ive had quite a year! some things happened at the end of 2011 and after that i got into a rollercoaster with my pregnancy. in august i gave birth to my second girl! the first few months were not easy but she is now sleeping and drinking very well and smiles all day. that gives me time to start my diet again and i'm really looking forward to it.
so here are my reasons again for wanting to shed the kilo's:

Health:
-I don't want to get Diabetes type 2
-I don't want to wear out my knees, hips or back too soon
-I don't want my feet to hurt so much
-I don't want to be sweating so much, all the time
-I don't want to overheat after every activity, no matter the duration or intensity.
-I want to have more energy
-i want to get pregnant -CHECK
-I want to have an easier pregnancy than my last one - CHECK

Appearance:
-Skinny enough to look good naked
-I want to fit into a (dutch) size 38 or dare I hope, 36
-I want to buy clothes at a normal shop (and dare to go with friends!)
-I want to be able to wear high heals
-I want to feel good wearing a belt (weird I know, but feel ridiculous in one now)
-I want to be able to wear my engagement ring again.
-I want to buy normal bra's again.
-I want to wear normal necklaces again without feeling like I'm being choked
-I don't want my trousers to fray at my inner thighs after a few weeks.
-I want to be able to wear sexy clothes
-I want to feel comfortable in a bathing suit

Mood:
-to be less irritable
-have less mood swings
-have fewer/no cravings

My Daughters:
-to play more with them
-be able to keep up with them
-set a healthy example
-be a happier mother

My boyfriend:
-Have more confidence and energy in the bedroom
-Get more of the household done
-Not ask for as much help around the house - CHECK
-Have energy to do more fun things
-Be a happier girlfriend

Activities:
-Go clubbing with my boyfriend and my friends
-go swimming with my daughters
-cycle more
-walk more, longer, faster in daily life/exercise.

some of these i have already accomplished, other partly though they are an ongoing process.

I look forward to being healthier and happier and to share my journey with you guys!
Old 01-07-2013, 12:35 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Well i weighed myself today for the first time in months. I now weigh 90.2 kg or 198.5 lbs. A lot to lose still and I plan to lose about 10 lbs this month.
I got a bit nauseated from my first pc breakfast, guess my stomach isn't used to it anymore. Hopefully better by lunchtime.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #147
Senior LCF Member

first loss of 2013

Weighed in just now and I've lost just over one lb. I'm quite happy with that, I did well yesterday. Today will be a little harder cause I'm on the go. I'll get up early and prepare some food for later on.

I hope everybody has a great lc day today!
Old 01-10-2013, 12:34 AM   #148
Senior LCF Member

I weighed in this morning and have lost a total of 4 lbs already.
I stayed on plan really well yesterday despite finding myself in the kitchen many times looking for carbs. It was almost like sleepwalking. I didn't even realize I was looking for food till I suddenly noticed I couldn't find what I was looking for. Hopefully the cravings disappear soon.

My 3 year old loves my new diet and joined me in a bacon and eggs lunch yesterday.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:22 PM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Lost more weight. Now lost total of 5.7 lbs. I'm going at a tremendous rate, must be mostly fluids. I
Yesterday TOM came around again and it was bad. I had an Atkins daybreak bar because i knew that otherwise i was going to cave. Pretty weak for my first few days. But, I'm picking myself up today and will eat on plan. Tomorrow I'll do my shopping and get some meats and fish that I really like, those will help me too.

Baby was awake far too much tonight, but who can still mind that when she smiles! She looked up at me with her gorgeous smile as if to say, come on cuddle me, take me out of bed. Haha.
Toddler is still asleep (its 7.30 am here now) and will probs sleep 2 more hours.

Hope you all have a good day!
Old 01-12-2013, 12:26 PM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Wow, I must have been super bloated because I have lost 8 cm from my waist after 6 days!! I can even see the difference.
I had a good day, stayed on plan and am still losing some weight every day.
Have a happy Sunday tomorrow people!