Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2011, 12:09 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lileve
Stats: 221/187/120
WOE: LC - atkins my way
Start Date: new start: jan 2013.
I'm back in the groove! I don't have cravings anymore and I'm feeling much more balanced than I was last week.
Still no time for exercising though I'm gonna have to think up a good plan here.
I went to the shop today and was talking to a friend near the sugar aisle (been avoiding it), when suddenly out of the corner of my eye I saw: sucralose!! (Nevella) Whew, I've been looking for it and couldn't find it anywhere and it turns out they just sell it at my local supermarket. I kept looking in the reform section hahahaha.
I know I'm not supposed to have it in A. induction, but at least I've got it in the house now.

Weird thing: today I had to clip my fingernails for the first time since I was 12 yrs. I used to pick my nails all the time and could never manage to stop. It turns out that it was A) a bad habit created by spikes in my blood sugar (?) and B) because of my diet my nails were weak and would tear every time I tried to let them grow.

Most of the stress I had been experiencing during the past few weeks were due to our financial situation, but luckily we got a letter in today saying we get €1000 back from taxes and it'll be on our account this week! That means: paying overdue bills, buying winter clothes for all of us, going out to dinner with boyfriend for the first time in a year AND that I'll be sleeping well again
Lileve is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2011, 12:51 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

alrighty then! it turns out that the reason I was so cranky and moody the past few days is because TOM is here again - 5 days earlier than expected (I don't like unexpected guests!). Ah well, hopefully gone in the usual 2 to 3 days....
Old 10-05-2011, 11:40 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Oh dear oh dear. How I'd love to blame others for this wreck: I now have a packet of belgium waffles in the house (57 gr carbs per 100 gr and the whole packet is a total of 275 grams)

But I know I'm gonna eat it. I'm gonna go back on plan tomorrow (it's almost 9 pm here so not much day left) and if there are any waffles left I will give them away.

Last edited by Lileve; 10-05-2011 at 11:41 AM..
Old 10-06-2011, 05:59 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

I found out this morning that if I get on the scales with my right foot first instead of left I weigh at least 1 lb less!!! hahahahaha nice huh. So guess what I'll be doing every morning from now on!

Ok, so eating waffles (I ate em all) made me gain weight of course (yesterday at 202, today at 202.8. But I'm back on plan today and doing well. I'll be going shopping tonight with my friend - child 'welfare'(hope its the right word?) came in today so we're going shopping for clothes for our kids. Am packing a low carb snack and a bottle of water. When we do sit down for something I'll be good and have a glass of water.
Oh and we'll be cycling there and back again and lugging around a ton of bulky bags so that 'll be my exercise for today
Old 10-06-2011, 03:00 PM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: nikkiluvslowcarb
Stats: 315 /164.4/ 155
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: June 7th 2011
Hey girl, your doing great. I'm glad you jumped right back on plan. Have fun with your friend!
nikkiluvslowcarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:11 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: green team
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lileve View Post
I found out this morning that if I get on the scales with my right foot first instead of left I weigh at least 1 lb less!!! hahahahaha nice huh. So guess what I'll be doing every morning from now on!

Ok, so eating waffles (I ate em all) made me gain weight of course (yesterday at 202, today at 202.8. But I'm back on plan today and doing well. I'll be going shopping tonight with my friend - child 'welfare'(hope its the right word?) came in today so we're going shopping for clothes for our kids. Am packing a low carb snack and a bottle of water. When we do sit down for something I'll be good and have a glass of water.
Oh and we'll be cycling there and back again and lugging around a ton of bulky bags so that 'll be my exercise for today
The Dutch and their blinking bicycles!
green team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:54 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

hahahaha yep! I love to cycle. Mind you: It's all FLAT here and I live in a town so the wind doesn't get too much of a chance here. Pretty good cycling conditions!
I tried cycling once while in Hastings.... NEVER again
Old 10-07-2011, 05:46 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

The last person who tried to cycle in Hastings ended up two miles out to sea.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:26 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: motivate33
you da best!

Quote:
I found out this morning that if I get on the scales with my right foot first instead of left I weigh at least 1 lb less!!!
You are too cute and funny!!!!!! i love that!!!! hope you guys had a fun time!!! Just dropping by to say hi and to tell you to keep up the GREAT work
motivate33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:03 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

thanks Motivate! We had a great time!!!

Green Team: hahahahahaaa glad it wasn't me!!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------

Had a very busy weekend but it was good fun. Yesterday boyfriend took daughter to inlaws for the day and I had a whole day to myself! Spent it oil painting....

Been doing well and eating LC. I've also been losing weight. I now weigh 201 lb which means I've lost exactly 20 lbs since the 25th of August!

Not much exercise again except what I got trailing around town for 5 hours on Saturday and carrying a lot of shopping (about 25 kilo's worth of meat and veggies + other stuff).
Apparently our market has a good poulterer and so I got two family sized bags of chicken wings/legs for €10,-. I've divided them into lots of little bags and put them in the freezer. Now every time I want a snack I only have to defrost a little goodie-bag.

Will try to post more this week than I did last week. Should have more time
Old 10-10-2011, 12:45 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

201 OMG you are almost in ONEDERLAND!!!!!!! You are doing great! Hope your day is as well!!!!
Old 10-10-2011, 01:10 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member

thank you had a great day! Am now gonna watch a dutch program called Obese (helping extremely overweight people lose weight) and then I'm off to bed
Old 10-10-2011, 01:13 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Hi Nikki, oops just saw your message! Thank you. I had a great time. I love shopping with my friends - been ages since the last time though. With this diet I have much more energy to do these things. Especially the evenings have improved.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:51 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi Nikki, oops just saw your message! Thank you. I had a great time. I love shopping with my friends - been ages since the last time though. With this diet I have much more energy to do these things. Especially the evenings have improved.
I think you lose a lot of your weight carrying shopping and pushing children about, which is good going in a flat country. All you need to do now is move to Hastings and you'll never have to diet again.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:06 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

hahahahaa most definitely!! I'd lose a ton just walking to a busstop there (always on top of a steep slope/hill) hahaha.
Also the pavements here (in my town) are much more even than in any place I've been in Britain. Big difference.
My cousin is always saying - clench ur butt when going up a hill - good for the glutes. :P what hill??? the steepest we've got here are small bridges that look like little humps compared to the smallest hills in Britain I miss it though - being in Britain.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:15 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Whahooo, doing great, feeling great, losing weight!!!

200.4 lb today!!!!!!!!!!!! just 1 lb shy of ONEDERLAND!! But! I need to lose 2.4 lb's to be below 90 kg's and that is of course how I measure my weight loss and only then will I really feel like I have accomplished something.
Also, if I lose 1.3 lb's I'll have lost 10% of my body weight!!!
So there are a couple of big milestones (kilometer stones)coming up for me!

My friend asked me how I was doing with this diet and when I told her she said she was really envious (not jealous)! She said it was great that I'd found a diet that worked for me but that I also LOVED. I told her about my cayenne pepper hamburgers I had yesterday for dinner (along with small salad) and my deviled eggs treats and she's thinking of joining me on this diet.

An acquaintance of mine also asked and she stopped replying on chat. She's on a shakes diet and hating it and also not losing. She just keeps doing the same thing and expecting a different result and then ignores my success cause she doesn't wanna admit she could be wrong! Well, her loss and my weight loss hihihi

My mum started last Thursday and she's already lost 3.8 lb's!! She's going off induction after two weeks though. She says she can't stand eating so few veggies. But she'll just be climbing the OWL ladder until she's comfy
Old 10-11-2011, 05:03 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
hahahahaa most definitely!! I'd lose a ton just walking to a busstop there (always on top of a steep slope/hill) hahaha.
Also the pavements here (in my town) are much more even than in any place I've been in Britain. Big difference.
My cousin is always saying - clench ur butt when going up a hill - good for the glutes. :P what hill??? the steepest we've got here are small bridges that look like little humps compared to the smallest hills in Britain I miss it though - being in Britain.
I live half way up an extremely steep hill, so I get exercise whichever way I walk. I always say to people who complain about it that it will add a year to our lives, compared to someone who lives somewhere flat. On my present regime I walk up the hill like a maniac, eyeballs out, which I count as exercise.

The pavements in Britain are terrible. My nan tripped over a slab that was slightly sticking up in the middle of a pavement, went flat on her face and broke her jaw and arm. The jaw was never mended because the hospital said it would be too traumatic for her at her age. We aren't the sort of family to go to court, but we got the council to mend that paving slab straight away. It was sticking up a good half inch, which is no good for old people who don't lift their feet up high. I envy the civic efficiency of Holland--here the councils are always saying they are too broke to keep up.

Last edited by green team; 10-11-2011 at 05:07 AM..
Old 10-11-2011, 05:38 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Oh your poor nan! That's terrible. Too right you are in making them fix that pavement!
The civic efficiency here isn't that great anymore. Almere's council has decided that it's more important they re-pave the new city centre than to keep 13 out of 35 pre-schools open here. The new city centre was built a few years ago and only paved about 2 or 3 years ago. There isn't a slab out of place! Their reason: the glare from the sun is annoying! I'll wear sunglasses!!
Pre-schools here are for toddlers aged 2 -4 yrs and are specifically meant to prepare children for primary school (social behaviors, learning about group rules, but also making sure all kids get a decent start with their language). Now the waiting list for my daughter is so long she'll be lucky to get in by the age of 3! The council's solution: send your kids to daycare!! I'm not sure about Britain but here daycare is pretty much physical care and nothing else because carers don't have time for anything else (up 9 toddlers per carer)!

As soon as I win the lottery I'll be moving to Britain!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by green team View Post
I live half way up an extremely steep hill, so I get exercise whichever way I walk. I always say to people who complain about it that it will add a year to our lives, compared to someone who lives somewhere flat. On my present regime I walk up the hill like a maniac, eyeballs out, which I count as exercise.
That's definitely exercise! You're own personal trainer is out there on your doorstep
Aw well, my shopping is heavier now that I need to buy more meat and less bread
Old 10-11-2011, 12:08 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

wow wow wow!!!!!!!!!!! 200.4 you are on FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-11-2011, 01:39 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

thank you!!! That's what it feels like too!! I love that the lbs are just flying off right now! It really helps with eating well.
I just made some banana muffins for my boyfriend (with proper flour/sugar etc) and they didn't even tempt me! He loves 'em though - they came out of the oven at 10 pm and he's already eaten 2 of 'em (about 10.40 pm now). hahahaa
Old 10-12-2011, 05:46 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

I did it, I did it, I did it!!!

199.5 lb

I am now in ONEDERLAND!!!!!!!

Ow and only 200 grams and I'll have lost exactly 10 kilo's!
Old 10-12-2011, 06:46 AM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Heheher
Stats: 142.8/110/now pregnant 125 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 3/18/11
Welcome to onederland!!!!
Heheher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:58 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
Old 10-12-2011, 10:24 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

thank you Heather and Motivate!!
Old 10-13-2011, 07:43 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

just swinging by to say HI!!!! Hope you have a blessed and wonderful day! You are in my thoughts and in my heart!!! Miss. Onederland!!!
Old 10-13-2011, 03:06 PM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: nikkiluvslowcarb
Stats: 315 /164.4/ 155
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: June 7th 2011
Congrats on being in onederland!!!
nikkiluvslowcarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:34 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Nikki!
Old 10-14-2011, 11:11 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

1st goal

So I'm definitely below the 200's! AND today I reached my first 'real' goal: to lose 10 kilo's! I went from 100.5 kg to 90.4 kg in 7 weeks

Yesterday I went shopping all day with my daughter, my friend and her wee boy and for the first time in 4 years I DID NOT overheat at any point! My stamina has greatly improved, my energy level is very balanced, I had fun AND I bought myself a winter'coat' (thick poncho) for the first time in several years. Even when temps dropped below 30F I would only wear a sweater vest at the most and would wear short sleeves indoors because I would be so warm all the time. At the same time my skin always felt really cold to the touch.

Yesterday evening I baked some peanut butter cookies I found on this website and the weird thing was: I kept wanting to eat more even though I didn't really like them (obviously not induction stuff but hey!) so I had an epiphany! I put them away because I didn't want to risk my weight loss for a cookie I didn't really like anyway (even if there were only 1.7 carbs per cookie). I love this diet!! It brings my rationality back from the recesses of my stomach!

Old 10-15-2011, 06:16 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

HAPPY DAYS

Today my BF said he could see a difference in me and that I looked thinner in my face. It must REALLY be noticeable for him to mention it.

Yesterday my friend said she also noticed a difference (in my face and my waist)

I just keep on losing steadily and am so happy about it! I looked on ****** and if I keep losing at this rate I may weigh about 175 lbs by Christmas! I don't think I'll keep losing at this rate, but we'll see. Any progress is fine by me.

I also noticed on ****** (looked at reports section) that I am happier when I eat slightly less calories (about 1000 instead of 1100) and that I lose better when I eat slightly more carbs than I have been doing: 20 net carbs (instead of 15). So more veggies for me.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:39 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

I went down another lb now! @198 lb today