Start Date: new start: jan 2013.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmore4now View Post
I need to take a page out of your book.
Lileve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:32 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: green team
I'm enjoying your journal. You seem to be learning so quick and changing your approach repeatedly. This is just what happened to me when I started my low carb diet. I was dieting to lose weight, but once I got going I realised I felt ridiculously good on this food and utterly unhungry. I'd bought some lower sugar black chocolate to help me face sweetness urges: I haven't had any and the chocolate is long in the bin. That's how weird this diet is: I have never binned chocolate before in my life. Keep going. Progress won't necessarily be fast, but it will be inexorable.
green team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:36 PM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Heheher
Stats: 142.8/110/now pregnant 125 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 3/18/11
You are doing great! And updating your journal so much is wonderful! You have such a happy attitude. Keep up the good work.
Heheher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:38 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lileve
Stats: 221/187/120
WOE: LC - atkins my way
I just realized!! I have gone from "extremely obese", to "obese". lol, its a miny victory but it made me do a mini dance too.

Green Team: I'm glad you're enjoying my journal! I think the greatest treasure in lowcarbing is that binging is hardly necessary anymore. So okay I slipped up with a teaspoon of peanut butter, but it used to be so that if I opened a bag of potato chips I couldn't stop eating and the same went for almost anything carby. I'm so glad to be shot of it. But having that one Atkins bar in my bag really helps. Hopefully I'll chuck it out unused next summer (use by date).
And thanks for the motivation

Heather: thank you I actually love journaling so this is very natural for me. I have kept journals for 12 years now and have filled over 30 by now. This is the first time I'm sharing a journal though, so I'm having to readjust myself in what I want the world to know and to what is significant to LC WOE.

I hope everybody feels free to chime in here anytime! I enjoy the chats and love to motivate/be motivated.

Eva
Old 09-24-2011, 04:56 PM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Psmileyf
Stats: 215/180/167
Start Date: 8/1/2011- renewed efforts 8/1/2014
Keep up the great work!
Psmileyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:19 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psmileyf View Post
Keep up the great work!
thnx

So yesterday we had a BBQ and I did very well despite all temptations! I was the one that organized it so I did manage to keep off-plan ingredients off the table ...mostly. Ofcourse there was still bread and one or two other things, but I did well.
I had a tiny bit of the bbq sauce (shouldn't) and I had 2 beers (was according to plan, but not really meant to on induction).
I still lost a pound though since yesterday morning so am calling it a succes
With all the planning, forgotten shopping and busy toddler I got lots of exercise too, oh and I cleaned the whole house too (all three floors).

Today I'm 100% back on A.induction and enjoying it too. anyway I've got to go, daughter's nap is done

Old 09-25-2011, 08:08 AM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Psmileyf
Stats: 215/180/167
Start Date: 8/1/2011- renewed efforts 8/1/2014
Good job yesterday!
It is easier when you are hosting...I did that a few weeks ago and made sure I had plenty of on-plan stuff for me to eat.
Psmileyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 02:13 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lileve View Post
I just realized!! I have gone from "extremely obese", to "obese". lol, its a miny victory but it made me do a mini dance too.
I went from obese yesterday to overweight today. Yeah, right. According to the BMI reckonings anyway--but I do think they're too stringent. I was obese when I started this diet, but I think I left that behind a while ago. The doctors and scientists who make up the obesity classifications just fall back on ideals. There's a good scene about this in the film Fat Head--I'm about the same size now as the bloke in it, who was classified as obese and obviously wasn't.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:09 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: motivate33
HI!!! Just wanted to stop by. How goes it? Miss you!! Hope you are well!!!
motivate33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:51 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone!! pheww, it's been hectic here. Boyfriend ill, daughter ill, I have headaches, behind on bills and my household
As expected it has had an effect on my diet. I was very bad yesterday, I had some pasta it was so stupid. I was really hungry cause I hadn't had time to eat and then I just ate a whole plate of pasta with tomato sauce!

Am not really back on track today either; had half a glass of cola, a big bite of french bread (it had just come out the oven and smelled heavenly) and I didn't get any work-outs or walks done.

BUT, tomorrow is another day and I WILL do much better from then on! I just have to make sure I have plenty of legal things to eat. So I can have something 'on the run'.

@Psmiley: thank you xx

@Green Team: I've never seen that film! Hmm will have to look it up. When you look on the internet for BMI calculator's a lot of them give different results. So I suppose it isn't very reliable, right enough.

@Motivate: HI good to hear from you again! Starting tomorrow, all will be well again. sys, I'll leave you a message in your journal.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:29 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

You go girl with that attitude. Dont look back you are not going that way!!! TODAY IS THE DAY!!! lets jump back on that wagon!!!! HUG HUG HUG!!!!
Old 09-28-2011, 10:45 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Motivate! You're right, I have to look forward! I did quite well today. We did have tomato soup from a can, but other than that I had an excellent day. I didn't get a work-out down (one with weights), but I went for three walks with my daughter and I did the shopping on foot! I had to push the buggy back, with 4 bags hanging on it and a 25 lb toddler in it. So I got plenty of exercise!
So WAGON - HERE I AM!
xxxx
Old 09-29-2011, 07:48 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

WOW look at you girl!! i think you need to read that every time temptation knocks on your door! So proud of you !!! GOOD JOB!
I Like lists too! I constantly have a to do list, prayer list, want list, junk list, work out list, food list, LMAO!!!!!!
Have a great day Eve!!
HUGGGGGGSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-29-2011, 07:49 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

your lists post from page one at bottom..im slow you will have to excuse me! i htought i was on page 2.... hahahaha
Old 09-29-2011, 11:22 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Hi Motivate, Lists are great. I'm always making them for EVERYTHING!!! It does help to read it too. I made pasta for boyfriend and daughter and was really craving some too. Instead I read my list and made sausage and broccoli.

My most recent list is of thing I need to buy for my daughter for the upcoming cold season. That is one LONG list. Pff, thank goodness for child allowance!

Have a great day!! xx
Old 09-30-2011, 03:18 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
@Green Team: I've never seen that film! Hmm will have to look it up. When you look on the internet for BMI calculator's a lot of them give different results. So I suppose it isn't very reliable, right enough.
I watched that film only last week, because people were talking about it on here. At the beginning, the presenter goes for a check up and finds that he is technically obese but has good measures on every other factor. He didn't look obese. In my opinion, it serves the medical profession to have a low borderline for obesity because it gives them more work to do. In Britain they are paid extra for each obese person they can put on programmes and tests.

According to John Briffa, the person with the best life expectancy is one at the lower end of the "overweight" category. People in the "normal weight" category have a slightly lower life expectancy. The people with the lowest life expectancy are those in the "underweight" category. In my opinion, the predictions would therefore rationalise if the borderlines were raised somewhat. Then the people in the normal weight category would have the greatest life expectancy and the categories would make more sense.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:56 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Sounds like a good film. I'll watch it too.

I can't believe there's an extra pay out for putting obese people on programs. That's ridiculous. My gp actually told me to NOT go to the dietician; he said, the rate of success is so low there I'd be better off trying a diet that sounds much healthier (he mentioned a Dutch doctor who also talks about lc eating).
He also told me about my BMI and when he saw how high it was he just advised me to talk to my health insurance company cause it could benefit me to have such a high BMI hahaha
You're right, it would make much more sense to change the categories to fit life expectancy.
Governments will come 'round though. Sooner or later they're bound to notice that high carb/low fat just doesn't work! Just not Denmark hahahaha....
Old 10-01-2011, 04:04 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

What a week!
Boyfriend+daughter both have the flu, my headaches have been off the scale a few times this week and I've been an emotional wreck for no good reason
I got no exercises done (apart from running around like mad to get everything done here) and I've been having a really hard time sticking to LC.
I did well yesterday though and I could see it on the scales. I had actually fluctuated this week and I'd gone up a pound , but its off again and am sticking to LC-ing much better now.
Starting yesterday will be my real second week of induction (am not counting the days before considering all my little cheats).
Anyway, no more moaning, I just have to get to it now!!

-cheated by having some apple, some grapes, some cottage cheese and a spoonful of peanut butter.
-no exercise

+my nails still look gorgeous (since starting LC a month ago)
+my hair and skin are shinier

Step by step, day by day, I will conquer this obesity and I WILL be healthier!!!!!!!
Old 10-01-2011, 02:53 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Okay, so I certainly did much better today. I only ate lc and managed to stay off all the cheats.

What I'm hoping for now is that I'll start feeling more balanced again this week. I don't like the idea of my diet affecting my mood so badly, but it's better than me getting depressed again. The diet I can control, serotonin levels (or whatever they're saying it is now) I can't control.

My mum still has to packets of ginger nuts to finish and some pasta etc to eat and then here home will be 'clean' and she'll start LC-ing with me. She's asked me to come up with some good breakfast ideas for her and thanks to a lot of browsing I've come up with a few acceptable possibilities for her.
Tomorrow I'm going to the shop to buy ingredients for a cream cheese muffin recipe I've seen on the forum and I'm also gonna start experimenting with some of the herbs and spices mentioned here. I'm getting a bit sick of sausage and plain chicken wings. I also need some more egg ideas. I have discovered that I can only eat so many eggs in a month without getting sick of them. Except for deviled eggs

My my, what a rant. I'd better leave the rest for my regular journal
Old 10-02-2011, 12:11 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Green Team!! I watched Fat Head! I really liked it. He had a few good points in there and it was fun to watch. Can't believe they think he is/was obese
Old 10-02-2011, 12:18 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Today was a good day! I didn't eat off plan, drank a lot of water and my exercise was hauling all the shopping home on foot, with my toddler running circles around me. It was pretty warm today so that was all the exercise I managed.

I experimented with my burger recipe (am a bit shy in the kitchen) and it turned out DELICIOUS! I put in some finely chopped onions, cayenne pepper and bits of smoked bacon. When I made a ball of this mixture I stuffed in an extra strip of bacon and then flattened it in the pan to make a burger. WOW that was good. And it was a big batch so I'll have some for lunch tomorrow too (re-heated with cheese on top?).
I do miss British bacon though, dutch bacon just doesn't cut it. However, I can't afford to buy that stuff at the local expats shop

My boyfriend and daughter are finally getting better, so life is looking up again; boy it's hard work taking care of sick people

Oh I almost forgot! I lost more weight. I'm suddenly dropping the lb's like flies in a snowstorm I'm now down to 202.4 whoopdidooo
Old 10-03-2011, 01:33 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Green Team!! I watched Fat Head! I really liked it. He had a few good points in there and it was fun to watch. Can't believe they think he is/was obese
What sent a chill down my spine was watching the footage of the government ministers batting the food experts away. The consequences of the subsequent government food recommendations have echoed down the decades. The British government effectively copied the Americans.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:37 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Today was a good day! I didn't eat off plan, drank a lot of water and my exercise was hauling all the shopping home on foot, with my toddler running circles around me. It was pretty warm today so that was all the exercise I managed.

I experimented with my burger recipe (am a bit shy in the kitchen) and it turned out DELICIOUS! I put in some finely chopped onions, cayenne pepper and bits of smoked bacon. When I made a ball of this mixture I stuffed in an extra strip of bacon and then flattened it in the pan to make a burger. WOW that was good. And it was a big batch so I'll have some for lunch tomorrow too (re-heated with cheese on top?).
I do miss British bacon though, dutch bacon just doesn't cut it. However, I can't afford to buy that stuff at the local expats shop

My boyfriend and daughter are finally getting better, so life is looking up again; boy it's hard work taking care of sick people

Oh I almost forgot! I lost more weight. I'm suddenly dropping the lb's like flies in a snowstorm I'm now down to 202.4 whoopdidooo
Since deciding to give up sugar, I'm finding it harder to find good bacon. A surprising amount of bacon has sugar in it, I've discovered. In fact, I'm aghast at how many unlikely products have sugar in them without reason--for example pickled onions. I've become a real label geek (of course, half the time they make it difficult for you by printing the ingredients in microscopic writing).
Old 10-03-2011, 02:01 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

202.4 WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GO EVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-03-2011, 02:11 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by green team View Post
What sent a chill down my spine was watching the footage of the government ministers batting the food experts away. The consequences of the subsequent government food recommendations have echoed down the decades. The British government effectively copied the Americans.
Aye, it's scary to think how food is being controlled by people who don't give a *** about our health. The Dutch government are copycats too. The amount of ads on tv about the 'official food pyramid' are awful. And I get so sick of everybody just spouting out all this crapola. Not much to do about it though except to follow your own healthy diet and going back for a check-up and showing them you're healthier for making your own choices!
Old 10-03-2011, 02:13 PM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Since deciding to give up sugar, I'm finding it harder to find good bacon. A surprising amount of bacon has sugar in it, I've discovered. In fact, I'm aghast at how many unlikely products have sugar in them without reason--for example pickled onions. I've become a real label geek (of course, half the time they make it difficult for you by printing the ingredients in microscopic writing).
OMG I didn't even check for sugar in bacon! It didn't occur to me
I too feel like a label geek, but don't care. anything that makes me healthier
Hahaha today in the lidl I saw a woman with a magnifying glass she didn't look embarrassed at all though hihihi
Old 10-03-2011, 02:14 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by motivate View Post
202.4 WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GO EVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!
thank you
Old 10-04-2011, 01:12 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
OMG I didn't even check for sugar in bacon! It didn't occur to me
I too feel like a label geek, but don't care. anything that makes me healthier
Hahaha today in the lidl I saw a woman with a magnifying glass she didn't look embarrassed at all though hihihi
Nor should she be. Nothing embarrasing about shopping in Lidl. ()
Old 10-04-2011, 06:32 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Nor should she be. Nothing embarrasing about shopping in Lidl. ()