LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2011, 06:07 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Marie
Stats: 214.2/151.8/146
WOE: WW
Start Date: every day is a new day!
Marie's New Start!

I've been around here for awhile but lately on Weight Watchers. Not knocking WW. Any WOE that works for a person is great. I am struggling too much with the bad carby stuff so I think it is time to come back to LC. Going to dig around on LCF for awhile tonight and maybe dig out my Atkins books again....I already picked up some eggs, cheese, heavy whipping cream....sugar free vanilla & hazelnut syrup.....Had a yummy cheeseburger (no bun) for dinner with a salad!
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2011, 06:09 PM   #2

Going to officially weigh in tomorrow a.m. bright & early! I am sure I am up about to 180. I am looking forward to eating REAL foods and not being hungry! I will miss fruit and milk...but I'll get over it!
Old 09-14-2011, 04:01 AM   #3

Officially 178.4 this a.m. I'm up...tired, but have some eggs on the stove cooking and will be making a nice salad to take to work for lunch with a burger, no bun! Enjoying my coffee with splenda (1 carb) and 1 T heavy whipping cream. Need to make sure my carb counter is loaded on my phone today. Also need to take my water glass. I forgot it yesterday and drank NO extra water. Like my quitting smoking (10.5 years clean) I need to take this on once and for all.
I said goodbye to my strawberry/banana smoothies last night with a final one to finish up the almond milk in the fridge. I am hoping to find some LC recipes down the road. I have to say I am a little scared....
not living to eat!
Old 09-14-2011, 04:42 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Psmileyf
Stats: 215/193 on WW/174since LC Aug 1st/166
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/1/2011
Good luck! I'm glad your weight was a little lower than you thought it would be, that is nice!

I did WW for a long time. I am taking a break now, but I might go back when I get to goal weight, so I can go through maintenance and become a lifetime member and use their scale once a month
Psmileyf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:56 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psmileyf View Post
taking a break now, but I might go back when I get to goal weight, so I can go through maintenance and become a lifetime member and use their scale once a month
Thanks! That's my plan exactly!
Old 09-15-2011, 04:11 AM   #6

Good morning journal!
I am down to 176.6 this a.m.! Got to remember my water glass this a.m. to take to work! I didn't get as much water in as I would like to have yesterday. Thawing burgers in the micro and going to cook up some for today and tomorrow's lunch. I will be more creative next week. Got mixed baby greens and dressing at work already for lunch too.
I thought I would miss my smoothies but saw recipes for some on atkins' website and other areas...just not my regular one with banana in it. I will get over that though! My diet is a little limited this week but just for today and tomorrow!
I have to say yesterday when my boss brought in the best pastries from a local bakery (not dunkin) and another guy brought in muffins from dunkin I didn't have any desire...Not that that will be the reaction from now on but I loved it yesterday. Took one of the muffins and gave it to my son (he works at the same place)!
Off to drink my coffee and cook up some yummy burgers....
Old 09-15-2011, 04:25 AM   #7

The simple pleasures in life: heavy whipping cream in my coffee! Juicy hamburgers made at home (no carby junky additives and I control the salt!) REAL sourcream (on my list for the grocery store this weekend!) Got to make some almond flour and buy some golden flax meal from Sam's! Sugar free syrups...need to order some from Netrition.com! Limited supply around my town and I get tired of going to TJMaxx & Homegoods and coming out of there empty handed!
Going to try out some lowcarb smoothie recipes this weekend from Atkins website! Can't wait! I am really missing my daily bananas but this too shall pass!
Old 09-15-2011, 07:02 PM   #8

Went out for Chinese tonight (sit down not buffet) and got Beef & Broccoli. Brought home the rice with take out for my husband and daughter. Not great but alot better than usual. My usual fare would've been breaded with sauce consisting of LOTS of sugar! so...beef & broccoli better than that. I did eat my fortune cookie too. that was my splurge!
Having a cup of coffee and then calling it a day! Night LCF's!
Old 09-16-2011, 04:33 AM   #9

Good morning!
I knew that Chinese would have me up a bit. I ordered what I thought was one of the safest but I know it had hidden carbs in it! I am moving forward and drinking my water. Had a hamburger for breakfast and sipping on my coffee. Lunch will be salad and burger. I have a shopping list going for tomorrow so burgers won't be the only thing I eat next week!
I have a few more weeks of WW left on my subscription. Going to cancel this weekend online. I am happy to be back on LC and moving on. It just got to where I was falling off the WW wagon too much. Needed a break and to mix things up!
Old 09-16-2011, 05:06 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Star73
Stats: 238/220/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: 10/01/2012
Hey Marie! Thanks for dropping my journal

Welcome back to LC! I just really started back this Monday. I can already feel a difference with less bloating!

WW is a great program, but like you, I fall into a dangerous area with carbs and tend to not lose very well.

I look forward to following your journal along and offer encouragement
Star73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:24 AM   #11

Good morning!
DH made scrambled eggs with Sausage. I am still sick today. I have a cold. He has a picnic to go to but I am opting out. Don't want to make people sick...plus you know how food is at a picnic....stuff I don't need to eat or be around!
Today I will help my husband make poppers for the picnic and then take my little dog to a local animal control open house (where I got him from) and take advantage of the $20 microchipping!
Old 09-17-2011, 04:50 PM   #12

Ok! Got my shopping done and ready to get serious! I am excited to be more in control of my eating! I am a little nervous but will keep my Atkins book close by!
Old 09-20-2011, 08:31 PM   #13

Had a really good day under my belt then.....full fat plain yogurt...I had an urge for it and had probably 1/2 cup...put sugar free vanilla syrup in it...and 2 oz of cheese tonight...Got to work on late night cravings! I should've just went to bed...
Old 09-22-2011, 04:33 AM   #14

The scale moved a little more....at least it is going in the right direction! I think today I will splurge on an Unwich from Jimmy John's for lunch! I am going to make a mock danish for breakfast also...it's been a LONG time since I had one of these! :P
I had a lousy evening last night...my youngest (age 24)pushed me to the edge and I snapped. We yelled at each other and my husband told her to leave the room and she left the house...I went to bed @ 12:30 and texted her. She finally responded that she was at my oldest's house. I feel bad today but sometimes she pushes and pushes me....and when I am tired and crabby.... At least I didn't use it as an excuse to eat....She came home some time during the night. I just want to forget about the squabble...I her....
Old 09-22-2011, 04:40 AM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

kids can certainly push our buttons huh? Mine is about to be 14 and she is entering into the world of knowing everything or thinking she knows everything

Mothers and daughter have a different dynamic too. Hang in there

Yay for you on the scale going down some
Old 09-25-2011, 03:21 PM   #16

I had a very little chilli with hardly any beans...1 serving of dreamfield's rotini, a dollop of sour cream and finished it up with a piece of spongebob flaxmeal breadwith a pat of butter! I pretty much should be finished for the day....It has been a good day as far as eating....we'll see how the bears do but I am not holding my breath!
Old 09-30-2011, 04:47 AM   #17

Ending the month on a high of 178.2. Not where I wanted to be at the end of the month but going to rest, relax and read up on Atkins/Low carb over the weekend....Moving forward...
On a good note I didn't go back to bed this a.m. after my husband left for work...I had my first cup of coffee and got on the elliptical..also, drank my first 24 oz of water for the day! Awesome....oh, went to bed BEFORE 11:30p.m. last night..major change. Hope to keep this up!
Old 09-30-2011, 04:51 AM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

Moving forward are great words! Never go back! Those numbers will drop how you want, just stay on track

I'm staying away from the scales for a while and hoping for a good surprise when I do get on them! Happy Friday Marie
Old 10-04-2011, 04:44 PM   #19

Today I was better food-wise...until it came to dressing... I am working on it....
Old 10-04-2011, 07:54 PM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

hang in there Marie! I totally blew it this week I just journaled about it, that seems to help a little. I have got to get my head on straight
Old 10-08-2011, 05:32 PM   #21

Day three of Protein days....tomorrow a.m. test my ketostix to see how I am doing and hopefully have a grilled chicken salad @ lunch...I am ready! I hope Lean For Life is good for me at least for awhile...I seem to have to switch from time to time...
Old 10-09-2011, 07:07 AM   #22

The ketostix showed color this a.m.!
I will be having a grilled chicken salad for lunch @ my niece's baby shower today! I am down to 177.2 this a.m.! Hope to continue on this journey...So excited!
Old 10-09-2011, 07:56 AM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

yay Marie! I love it when they change colors!
Old 06-06-2014, 04:03 AM   #24

Here I am again...this a.m. 151.8 so slowly but surely...it's been a while since I have been here.
I am a stress/emotional eater. Work has been very stressful this year, last year and for a long time. Sometimes I think I LOOK for reasons to eat! I am always LOOKING for the next thing to go wrong. I need to just let go. Worrying does no good for me. It's in God's hands. I need to give the reins back to Him.
Another problem is procrastination. I am one BIG TIME. Put off, put off, HURRY UP AND DO.