Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Journals (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/)
-   -   Me again... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/734341-me-again.html)

Tyl 09-07-2011 02:09 PM

Me again...

Well here i am with my tail between my legs, fatter than i've been in a super long time. I weigh more today than i did the first time around, but i know that lc works so i will just do what i have to.

So i guess i need to start this journal with where my head is. My mom passed away on June 24th unexpectedly. She went in for a fairly routine knee replacement surgery and two days later (while still in the hospital) her heart just stopped. For no reason. We did an autopsy and the doc found nothing. My sweet mom was gone for no other reason but because God was ready for her. Needless to say, who cares about diet when your life is uprooted in a matter of minutes.

I have been eating like food is going out of style. I have whatever I want, whenever i want. I gained 20 pounds in the 2 weeks after my mom's death and haven't stopped gaining since. I'm absolutely sick about it, but hadn't really been motivated to do anything about it because eating is really my only coping skill. Well time for me to work on that. So here I am, fatter than i ever thought I would be 250.2 pounds. (Cannot believe i just typed those sad sad numbers).

I'm going to try not to weigh daily, gonna low carb, although i'm not going to be a super stickler for induction (going to stay 30 net carbs and lower). Will try to post menus daily. Exercise will likely begin in October when my new gym opens. My goal is to get back into my size 10s, the sooner the better. Here's hoping....

Tyl 09-07-2011 02:13 PM

Oh yea... I also work nights now. That also affects my eating a bit but organization is key. Today i'm having:

meal: bacon ranch salad with ranch dressing, jello
snack: protein shake
meal: bunless cheeseburger and a pickle
meal (overnight): caesar salad with roasted chicken, lc yogurt

i already ate the first meal, and snack, putting my burger in the oven now, will eat that right as my shift starts at 7 tonight!

Psmileyf 09-07-2011 03:13 PM

I'm sorry to hear about you losing your mom. I imagine it would be quite easy to go off of plan during those difficult times.

Good for you to getting back to it!
Keep us posted!

shari 09-08-2011 03:46 AM

Tyl!!! :hugs: You've gone through an unimaginable thing..can't even begin to think all you're going through now. You are one of the people that was a true motivator for me in challenges to lose weight. You can do this, one day at a time. Wishing you the best..although I know you will kick that weight off in no time. :)

Tyl 09-08-2011 02:49 PM

yesterday was a success! i ate completely on plan! and i was tempted lol.

today i am having:

snack: lc yogurt
snack: pork rinds
meal: salad with roasted chicken
meal: baconator (double), diet soda
overnight meal: a big salad with chicken breast

taking a jello and yogurt with me to work just in case.

Tyl 09-08-2011 02:50 PM

thanks guys! i'm trying!

Riatha 09-08-2011 07:41 PM

Just wanted to come in and wish you good luck eating on plan. I was really bad and ate stuff I shouldn't yesterday... thank goodness my blood sugar didn't go too high as a result! I can deal with the weight, it was the bs# I was worried about.

Good luck!

KOO 09-08-2011 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyl (Post 14983899)
Well here i am with my tail between my legs, fatter than i've been in a super long time. I weigh more today than i did the first time around, but i know that lc works so i will just do what i have to.

So i guess i need to start this journal with where my head is. My mom passed away on June 24th unexpectedly. She went in for a fairly routine knee replacement surgery and two days later (while still in the hospital) her heart just stopped. For no reason. We did an autopsy and the doc found nothing. My sweet mom was gone for no other reason but because God was ready for her. Needless to say, who cares about diet when your life is uprooted in a matter of minutes.

I have been eating like food is going out of style. I have whatever I want, whenever i want. I gained 20 pounds in the 2 weeks after my mom's death and haven't stopped gaining since. I'm absolutely sick about it, but hadn't really been motivated to do anything about it because eating is really my only coping skill. Well time for me to work on that. So here I am, fatter than i ever thought I would be 250.2 pounds. (Cannot believe i just typed those sad sad numbers).

I'm going to try not to weigh daily, gonna low carb, although i'm not going to be a super stickler for induction (going to stay 30 net carbs and lower). Will try to post menus daily. Exercise will likely begin in October when my new gym opens. My goal is to get back into my size 10s, the sooner the better. Here's hoping....

:hugs: I am so sorry about your mom. Good luck on your restart.

lexiann21 09-09-2011 08:22 AM

Im happy I found your journal, im kinda dumb when it comes to these sites sometimes haha. Girl our stats are identical and my new gym doesn't open until sept 20th thats when i will start working out! :) We can be the dream team!!!! OH YAYER!

lexiann21 09-09-2011 08:22 AM

oh great job staying on plan!

Tyl 09-11-2011 05:17 PM

Hey Lexi,

Are stats are super similar! I think we're gonna do amazing!!!! Cannot wait for the gym to open!!!

Tyl 09-11-2011 05:19 PM

So it's the weekend and i didn't do all that bad. today i had a little fruit, ate on plan and look forward to another great week. staying away from the scale for a while and will go shopping for work soon!

Also, i ordered a pair of goal Boots! they are super sexy and go up to the knee. I can never wear these kinds of shoes when i'm fat, i have huge calves, but i will get into them! can't wait!

lexiann21 09-13-2011 07:06 AM

Hey Chan, did you see J-rod is back too?? We should all get on a thread together, how would we organize this???

Tyl 09-20-2011 12:36 PM

So...i stopped by the gym (not opening till oct 1) but i wanted to see if they finalized the class schedules yet. I was super happy to see that they are offering zumba! (four times a week but i'm available 3 of those days and they will have spinning class--which i want to try every hour.). i am super excited to get the exercise going in a couple of weeks, so i went to academy and bought some new workout gear. woot woot! gonna try and get some exercise in the mean time on my days off fri-mon.

yep...i'm working tues, wed and thurs now, 3-12s! it's an awesome schedule.

oh, i just payed baylor off! omg, what an awesome feeling!!! granted i still have a ton of student loans, but knowing that baylor is no longer in my pocket is awesome!!! yay me! i haven't been 100% on dave's plan but even so, i have done awesome this yr!

well that's all she wrote.

meal plan for the day:

meal: protein shake (pina colada flavor with coconut milk and hwc)
meal: cheeseburger and a pickle
meal: another cheeseburger and some salad

lexiann21 09-20-2011 12:44 PM

That is an awesome schedule! JEALOUS!! :)

great menu!

Tyl 09-20-2011 12:46 PM

yea i LOVE my new schedule. having a long weekend every weekend is awesome!

i forgot i made a cheesecake, i will probably take a slice with me to work.

lexiann21 09-20-2011 12:47 PM

Cheesecake is great for that sweet tooth! So is this Dt dew im drinkin!

Tyl 09-20-2011 12:50 PM

i am a diet dr. pepper lover! but i'm trying to lay off the diet soda.

lexiann21 09-20-2011 12:55 PM

Yea its supposedly bad for you or whatever blah blah blah... I usually only have 1 per day if that :)

Oh and i had a diet root beer last night that was BOMB!

Tyl 09-20-2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lexiann21 (Post 15020672)
Yea its supposedly bad for you or whatever blah blah blah... I usually only have 1 per day if that :)

Oh and i had a diet root beer last night that was BOMB!

lol i'm not worried about it being bad for me... i just went crazy and drank soda all the time! so i'm trying to cut back.

lexiann21 09-20-2011 01:00 PM

ooooh gotcha, well that makes since i suppose, everything in moderation as "they" say ;)

Tyl 09-20-2011 01:03 PM

i suck at moderation! lmao!!! i hate that phrase!

Jennyl 09-20-2011 01:04 PM

you are doing great! I have gained too :hugs:

s1mon3 09-20-2011 08:20 PM

Hey girl!! I found you!! I know its been rough muffin but you got this! You rocked it last time and I have no doubt that success will come your way this time. One day at a time. :console:

s1mon3 09-20-2011 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyl (Post 15020700)
i suck at moderation! lmao!!! i hate that phrase!

So do I....and at portion control!!! Let's work on it together! :shake:

Tyl 09-20-2011 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s1mon3 (Post 15021830)

lol sounds like a plan!

lexiann21 09-21-2011 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s1mon3 (Post 15021830)

Thats why i love LC i feel like its more my style of portions now anyway lol!

ANGELFIRE80 09-21-2011 09:18 AM

:hiya: so sorry about you losing your mom :hugs:

Congrats on your restart!!! :clap:

Deb294evr 09-21-2011 10:27 AM

Hi Tyl!.. missed you. :hiya: So very sorry about your Mom, I just can't imagine. :hugs: Very glad to see you back though, I'll have to hollar at Pati to stop by.. Have a great LC day!!:up:

12yrslater 09-21-2011 12:25 PM

:hiya: (yep your stalkers are back ;) ) I have missed ya Chantyl!!! So glad to see you are back and congrats on getting things going for you again!!

Here to support you love :love: