LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2011, 10:29 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
Shebasmudder's Journal

I am back. I think I've been gone almost a year. Well, this time I am going to do something slightly different. My diet doc was having a sale - they pay returning patients $5 per pound lost this month. Wow, that's a motivator, right there !

I went in today and got weighed. I'm at 227 according to them (my bathroom scale said 228 so I will stick with that). Whew. That is a lot less than I thought I would weigh. At one point over the past year I was at 242 ! That was the most I ever weighed in my life. I haven't been careful or watched what I ate at all.

I have diabetes, too, and I haven't been taking my meds. They give me terrible diarrhea so I have to chase them with immodium. Ugghh. My bg just now was 213 which is not good.

So this is my plan - I am taking the suppresants to aid with my appetite and I am following the 17 Day Diet. 17DD is very similar to Simeon's protocol which I used to follow but there is no limit on protein or vegetable intake. Yay ! Plus I can have 2 fruits a day and some yogurt or kefir - woo hoo !

I start off each day with a glass of hot water and lemon. I'm supposed to drink my 8 glasses of water plus have green tea throughout the day.

So today I have had my hot water and lemon and I'm getting ready to make lunch. Salad with tuna. I can have tomatoes and cucumber in my salad.

Then we are going to grill tonight so while DH and DS have brats and chicken legs, I'll have chicken breast. I am going to steam some broccoli with lemon and chili pepper flakes. Then sprinkle parmesan cheese on it. Everybody loves that.

That's it for now. I will be back to chat about some of the changes in my life - there's been a ton !

Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2011, 11:47 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sillykimmie
Stats: 223/192/140
WOE: Atkins induction!!!
Start Date: Re restart date 8-14-12
back! You're right 5 dollars a pound is a great motivator!
Think of the new wardrobe you can buy.
Wishing you the best of luck!
sillykimmie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:31 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Psmileyf
Stats: 215/193 on WW/174since LC Aug 1st/166
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/1/2011
Congrats on the restart! Best of luck!
Psmileyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:23 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillykimmie View Post
back! You're right 5 dollars a pound is a great motivator!
Think of the new wardrobe you can buy.
Wishing you the best of luck!
Thank you ! I am looking forward to getting new clothes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psmileyf View Post
Congrats on the restart! Best of luck!
Thanks ! Well, I lost .6 pounds - I will take that ! Today I will have some greek yogurt with strawberries for breakfast. I have some leftover lemon pepper grilled chicken from last night which I will have for lunch with the leftover broccoli. I know broccoli is kind of bulky and may delay weight loss but it will come out eventually.

For dinner I will probably have salmon and a salad.

The doctor's office gave me these protein snack bars which I will not get next time because they are like candy to me and have 6 grams of sugar each.

I had no problem getting my water in along with my green tea. The only thing I missed was the 17 minutes of exercise. So this morning I am going for a walk and listen to music for 17 minutes. I have 2 dogs so I think I will take the big one with me. She tends to drag me so that will aid in the workout.
shebasmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:10 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Hey lady!! So glad to see you again. I asked you to come back then I left..lol, the irony. But I'm back too and we can support each other.

What a great incentive at your doctor's office to lose weight! 17dd is a wonderful plan. I do well on it but then miss fat so I'm constantly going between this and LC. I'm currently stocked for this plan so jumping back on today to get rid of these extra pounds gained. I just saw my kid's father this week and he has lost A LOT of weight and looks better than he did when we first met LOL...and he hasn't been fully committed to plan but being a man helps with that.

Best of luck to you!
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 02:41 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Hey lady!! So glad to see you again. I asked you to come back then I left..lol, the irony. But I'm back too and we can support each other.

What a great incentive at your doctor's office to lose weight! 17dd is a wonderful plan. I do well on it but then miss fat so I'm constantly going between this and LC. I'm currently stocked for this plan so jumping back on today to get rid of these extra pounds gained. I just saw my kid's father this week and he has lost A LOT of weight and looks better than he did when we first met LOL...and he hasn't been fully committed to plan but being a man helps with that.

Best of luck to you!
Hi, Shari !!!

I'm so glad you are back ! I get some fat from the greek yogurt and I guess there's a little in the olive oil. What plan is your ex on ? Did I tell you my DS's dad got divorced early this year ? He was married to a real nice lady who made him pay cs. So we have not heard from him since the mess last year. DS' uncle has been keeping in touch and made a trip to see him which was nice.

I figured I better hurry up and start losing weight since DH said he was going to start running. He has a lot less weight to lose than me ! So unfair ! Luckily he hasn't even started yet. He is actually being supportive.

I walked today for a little more than 17 minutes. Good grief it was a challenge !! I am so totally out of shape. Well, as long as I keep doing it, it will get easier. It was nice to get out and listen to my songs.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:41 AM   #7

He's on the 17dd. Lost over 50lbs now. That's awful about the ex...what a shame. He'll realize all he's missing later but it will be too late. Nice the uncle has been coming and keeping in touch. It's always good to have support from your hubby.

I remember when I first got my treadmill years ago, I hadn't exercised in years...I could barely get past 15 min. And you know what, I did just that until my endurance increased.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:22 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
He's on the 17dd. Lost over 50lbs now. That's awful about the ex...what a shame. He'll realize all he's missing later but it will be too late. Nice the uncle has been coming and keeping in touch. It's always good to have support from your hubby.

I remember when I first got my treadmill years ago, I hadn't exercised in years...I could barely get past 15 min. And you know what, I did just that until my endurance increased.
That's amazing, Shari ! I can't guarantee I will stick with this plan but so far I am happy with it.

I have lost a total of 3.2 pounds ! I am down to 225.4. I have to admit that with any plan where you cut out bread, pasta, rice or legumes, you are going to lose weight. DH has a box of chocolate cupcakes on top of the fridge and I already have lost my craving for sweets. And I have a serious sweet tooth.

There is a special plan for PMS which is a rough time for me, cravings wise.

We got the leftovers from Irene yesterday so I have not been out to walk. As soon as it stops raining, I will be back out.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:42 AM   #9

Congrats on your loss too! So that's already $15+ ...LOL. Good you're resisting sweets, hard to do in the beginning but you lose your taste for it the longer you resist it. You're doing great!!
Old 09-07-2011, 09:56 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Shari, for the encouragement ! I am down to 224.8 today ! Yay ! Tomorrow will be a busy day so I may not get in here to post but Friday I go back to the doctor for my weigh in.

Yesterday I was not even hungry much until DH started grubbing on Church's chicken and fries right in front of me ! lol ! I don't even like Church's - the chicken is usually low quality but it's the greasy/crispy skin that people love. I had me a salad with a bit of feta cheese and I was fine.

DS went to his first cross country meet. He was trying to qualify for the varsity team and he missed it by 4 minutes. He loves cross country. I am happy he has found a physical activity he loves and that he feels successful at. I hope he will continue to run all his life. The school he went to the meet at had a beautiful running course. The one he runs at near his school goes around a lake we used to visit when he was little.

That's all the news for now !
Old 09-07-2011, 12:44 PM   #11

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Hey girl, I didn't realize you started a new journal! The 17dd sounds like a great plan. Keep us posted on how it's going!
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:57 AM   #12

OMG...Churches chicken was a fav of mine when I lived in Richmond!! The smell and skin....memories..LOL. I ate some when I went home the weekend of July 4th and it didn't taste the same as before so not sure I'd be tempted now. Good for you for sticking with your salad instead..and congrats on the loss!!

Glad to hear your son is doing well running!!
Old 09-08-2011, 09:19 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sweetpea49
Stats: 228.5/165/150 Restart 10/12/10 207.5/166.0/165.0
WOE: 17 Day Diet--Cycle 4 Maintenance
Start Date: 1/27/03
Hi!!

Glad to see that you decided to jump on board the 17DD wagon!! You've done great so far!! I've been on maintenance now for a couple of months along with a few others who post on my journal page. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I've been thru a few rounds of C1-C3 since the beginning of April. In case you haven't heard, green tea can contribute to constipation. I stopped drinking it mid-way thru C2. I was surprised considering all the fiber and probiotics that I consume on this WOE. The other thing that I didn't concentrate on was additional exercise...me bad.

Like you, I also have diabetes and on Metformin; however, it does not give me the intestinal issues. I asked the doctor to give me a trial off the medication since my HA1C was down to 5.6. He did another blood test (forgot now what it was) to see how hard my pancreas was working with the medication. Unfortunately, although it was "normal", it was at the very tippy top of normal and he felt that I needed to stay on the Metformin for life. Oh well...it runs in the family and I guess I got the genes.

KUTGW!!

Jane

PS--love the pup -- what breed??

PPS--my hubs sort of ate what I ate and lost almost 30 lbs! He is a lean trim 186 now and runs almost daily.
12/31/2010 188.0
1/31/2011 185.0
2/28/2011 181.0
3/31/2011 179.0
4/30/2011 171.0
5/31/2011 176.5 (2 weeks of vacation!)
6/30-7/31/2011 166.5/167.0 (Maintenance!)

Last edited by sweetpea49; 09-08-2011 at 09:21 AM..
sweetpea49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:09 AM   #14

Good morning Stina, how's it going?
Old 09-09-2011, 08:18 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Hey girl, I didn't realize you started a new journal! The 17dd sounds like a great plan. Keep us posted on how it's going!
Thanks, Gracie ! I will be in here regularly posting my progress and menus.

Quote:
OMG...Churches chicken was a fav of mine when I lived in Richmond!! The smell and skin....memories..LOL. I ate some when I went home the weekend of July 4th and it didn't taste the same as before so not sure I'd be tempted now. Good for you for sticking with your salad instead..and congrats on the loss!!

Glad to hear your son is doing well running!!
It's a good thing I don't really care for it. But guess what ? Every Tuesday is 2 pieces for $1. So DH and DS get themselves 2 boxes each.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea49 View Post
Hi!!

Glad to see that you decided to jump on board the 17DD wagon!! You've done great so far!! I've been on maintenance now for a couple of months along with a few others who post on my journal page. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I've been thru a few rounds of C1-C3 since the beginning of April. In case you haven't heard, green tea can contribute to constipation. I stopped drinking it mid-way thru C2. I was surprised considering all the fiber and probiotics that I consume on this WOE. The other thing that I didn't concentrate on was additional exercise...me bad.

Like you, I also have diabetes and on Metformin; however, it does not give me the intestinal issues. I asked the doctor to give me a trial off the medication since my HA1C was down to 5.6. He did another blood test (forgot now what it was) to see how hard my pancreas was working with the medication. Unfortunately, although it was "normal", it was at the very tippy top of normal and he felt that I needed to stay on the Metformin for life. Oh well...it runs in the family and I guess I got the genes.

KUTGW!!

Jane

PS--love the pup -- what breed??

PPS--my hubs sort of ate what I ate and lost almost 30 lbs! He is a lean trim 186 now and runs almost daily.
Hi, Jane ! I did feel constipated the first few days but eventually Bernice came. I used to take a zinc/magnesium/calcium supplement which is good for diabetes anyways and made my nails rock hard that helped with that so if I start feeling that way I will go back to those. I actually like the green tea because when I drink it with a meal, I don't have that craving for something sweet afterwards and I feel fuller.

Sorry you are stuck with Metformin - did you at least get to lower your dosage ? I am sad to say my A1c has never been in the 5s. The lowest I have gotten has been 6.7. I have been trying a bunch of different meds but just recently decided to go back to met and immodium. One thing I found out is that the pill that has the 70 on it is less harsh on the tummy than the others. The only problem is my doc is the only one who has it.

That pic is of my big girl, Sheba. She is a german shepherd/pit bull mix. We just recently got a chocolate brindle pit named Mario. I will post puppy pics later. I will never get DH to eat what I eat - all he wants is chicken and french fries !

So today the official count is -4 pounds for the week, which gave me $20 off at the doc's office. Yippee ! I am happy with that. Especially since I was able to put on some pants that used to be very uncomfortable. I am excited at getting close to the 210s. So hopefully next week I will hit that !
Old 09-10-2011, 06:21 AM   #16

Congrats Stina! Boy, you can't beat money as part of a challenge! Is it by the week or can you bank the pounds for a bigger discount?
Old 09-11-2011, 10:57 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sweetpea49
Stats: 228.5/165/150 Restart 10/12/10 207.5/166.0/165.0
WOE: 17 Day Diet--Cycle 4 Maintenance
Start Date: 1/27/03
Quote:
Originally Posted by shebasmudder View Post
Thanks, Gracie ! I will be in here regularly posting my progress and menus.

It's a good thing I don't really care for it. But guess what ? Every Tuesday is 2 pieces for $1. So DH and DS get themselves 2 boxes each.

Hi, Jane ! I did feel constipated the first few days but eventually Bernice came. I used to take a zinc/magnesium/calcium supplement which is good for diabetes anyways and made my nails rock hard that helped with that so if I start feeling that way I will go back to those. I actually like the green tea because when I drink it with a meal, I don't have that craving for something sweet afterwards and I feel fuller.

Sorry you are stuck with Metformin - did you at least get to lower your dosage ? I am sad to say my A1c has never been in the 5s. The lowest I have gotten has been 6.7. I have been trying a bunch of different meds but just recently decided to go back to met and immodium. One thing I found out is that the pill that has the 70 on it is less harsh on the tummy than the others. The only problem is my doc is the only one who has it.

That pic is of my big girl, Sheba. She is a german shepherd/pit bull mix. We just recently got a chocolate brindle pit named Mario. I will post puppy pics later. I will never get DH to eat what I eat - all he wants is chicken and french fries !

So today the official count is -4 pounds for the week, which gave me $20 off at the doc's office. Yippee ! I am happy with that. Especially since I was able to put on some pants that used to be very uncomfortable. I am excited at getting close to the 210s. So hopefully next week I will hit that !
Excellent weight loss!!

Sheba's adorable; she looks very houndy. We had an oversized Rhodesian Ridgeback--Sparx. What a woosie he was. He would bark with his head on the arm of the couch--wouldn't even get up and go to the door and bark--WTG big bad dog!!

I continue with my same Metformin dosage-- 3 500 mg HCL ER taken all at once at bedtime. My brother takes Metformin too, but in divided dosage and also is on glypiside (?sp). His HA1C has never been below 6.0. My endocrinologist didn't want to wait until I was above 6.0 since I have a strong family history of diabetes or wait until I get symptomatic. I also take Lipitor for high cholesterol. This was another big disappointment. I thought losing the 40#s would make a difference, but it didn't. I had a 3 month trial off of it and my lipids shot up. Oh well...bad bad genes.
sweetpea49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:32 AM   #18

Hey lady, how's it going?