LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2011, 04:23 PM   #61
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Psmileyf
Stats: 215/180/167
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/1/2011- renewed efforts 8/1/2014
Big accomplishment today.
I am at the 40 lbs off mark and I weigh less than DH. WOO HOO!

I never thought that I had 40 lbs to lose! Holy crap!
Psmileyf is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2011, 07:04 PM   #62
Blabbermouth!!!

I made it through Thanksgiving without gaining! That is a big accomplishment for me b/c my MIL makes a ton of really yummy food and desserts! I did indulge a little with a little slice of pecan pie...but I did not go overboard or go on a binge.

Today I went on a shopping trip to New York City. I love Macy's so I had to go in and shop at the biggest Macy's in the world...I decided since my favorite jeans are getting a little loose I would buy a new pair of Tommy's. I picked up a size 10, slid them up while holding my breath and...they buttoned up with ease! This is my first real purchase of a size 10. I did buy a pair of capris from the thrift store this weekend in a size 10, but I think they were sized wrong! I was prepared to spend the $69.50 on the jeans and they came out to only $42. I should go buy more!
Old 11-28-2011, 04:52 PM   #63
Blabbermouth!!!

I felt so good slipping on my size 10s with ease today! What a feeling. I felt like a million bucks all day long!

I do get annoyed that people think that this is so easy for me...maybe I make it out to seem that way...but people act like it is easy for me and it would be so tough for them they could never do it for 8 million different reasons.
It's not easy. I cook carby foods for my family. I have temptation everywhere...I just look it in the face and say no! I could offer up the same 8 millions excuses about my lifestyle and why LC would not work for me, but instead I chose to do something about it! My daughter LITERALLY tries to shove cookies down my throat. I close my lips and shake my head...she gets mad. Easiest thing to do would be to simply open my mouth and let the cookie in...but I don't! I had stuffing, and mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce on my table tonight. I filled my plate with chicken and salad! It is not easy....
Old 12-04-2011, 05:09 AM   #64
Blabbermouth!!!

Took some measurements last night and I had been hoping to see more of a difference. One problem I have is that I focus so much on the day to day and forget to look at the long term...so I just reread my journal. It is a good reminder of where I have been.
I am slightly up this week to 172.2, and I was at 171.5 earlier this week. And I am letting it upset me. In reality, I started this wanting to get to 182, and then to 175 and now I am below that...being at 172.2 should be celebrated! I just have to remind myself of my success sometimes and not focus on the ups and downs of the scale.
AF is due anyday now, and I hope that does not spike my weight anymore though!

I put on my size 10 jeans yesterday with ease again...and I thought I wondered how tight size 8s would be. Next time I am at the mall I am going to try some on just to guage if I think I might EVER fit into a size 8. I've always said that I didn't think with my build I would get below a size 12 and that there was no way I could ever get to single digits. I am 5'9" and large framed...I'm never going to be a rail thin type of girl...so it is amazing that I would even consider trying on a size 8.

Anyhow - I'm rambling...just looking back on my journey. I've come a long way.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:29 PM   #65
Blabbermouth!!!

Up to 173.2 this morning. So frustrating.
I took my socks off tonight and my ankles have lines and look like sausages so I guess I am retaining a lot of water. I just don't like this bloated feeling.

On a positive note, I actually have dark purple on my ketostix. I usually show traces of ketones...moderate on occasion but never dark purple before. I guess I'll take that as a success. I basically ate sausage all day today, along with some coffee. Then for dinner I added some eggplant and Prego, expecting it to kick me out of ketosis, but I still seem good!

I just wish that my weight was down. I wanted to be at 169.9 this week!
Old 12-07-2011, 04:33 AM   #66
Blabbermouth!!!

Weight is back down to 171.5...my lowest was 171.3 so I am not far off from that but I feel bad about being above it. Rationally I know it is totally ridiculous to be upset because I am 2/10ths of a lb up...but when I see the line on the graph slightly up it upsets me.
This is why I stopped weighing daily. I think I need to stop again for my own sanity.

I went to dinner with a friend last night...the restaurant always brings out warm bread with dipping oil. Usually one small loaf for 3 of us to share...last night they brought us each a loaf...it smelled delicious. My friend is pregnant and tore into hers...I was able to resist mine but I was tempted. I should have asked them to remove it from the table...
Old 12-10-2011, 10:22 AM   #67
Blabbermouth!!!

I had a pretty good week! I was down 3.75 at my weight loss group!
I am down 15.5 lbs since the end of October. I have 4.5 lbs to go to my goal.

I went to the doctor this week and she was really pleased! It is great to look forward to stepping on the scale.

I love to look in the mirror and see that I have a waist now. An actual waist...
I no longer feel like I am overweight or a little heavy. I have finally come to grips with the fact that I am just normal...well, my weight is normal!
It is a great feeling!
Old 12-16-2011, 07:57 PM   #68
Blabbermouth!!!

I went Christmas shopping today and tried on a size 8 to see how much more I had to lose to fit into them. They went right up and buttoned - no problem.

Holy crap! I went from a size 16 down to a 12 and just bought my first pair of 10s this month and now I am in a size 8!!!

I swear, I never thought I would see single digits! As of this week I didn't imagine I could actually fit into an 8 - it was like a dream and now it is reality!!

So, thank goodness they were on sale. I love Tommy Hilfiger jeans and they are not real cheap! But how could I not buy them???
Old 12-19-2011, 02:49 PM   #69
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm not having a good couple of days. I drank some soda this weekend, had mocha in my coffee, and today when I made fudge I ate a few chips and licked the spoon...then I ate a few noodles from the macaroni and cheese. I am not out of control, but I am certainly less in control then I tend to be. I'm really hungry...I get like this every once in a while.
I just do not want to see a gain. And I know when I am hungry I should be eating more no carb food...not picking at crap.
It is frustrating to know the right thing to do but not do it.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:46 PM   #70
Blabbermouth!!!

Back into ketosis today so that makes me happy!
Hopefully this hunger will get back under control now. I wanted to note that I am ovulating and wondering if this time in my cycle has anything to do with my hunger...so maybe I'll reread this next month and know if it is pattern.

My weight is steady. I want to lose more!
I did buy a new bra, and so I look better! The girls are up a little higher which makes my belly seem smaller!
Old 12-21-2011, 09:01 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EyeDoc
Stats: 122/107-109/108 5'1.5"
WOE: Mindful eating
Start Date: August 31, 2011 third time around
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psmileyf View Post
I went Christmas shopping today and tried on a size 8 to see how much more I had to lose to fit into them. They went right up and buttoned - no problem.

Holy crap! I went from a size 16 down to a 12 and just bought my first pair of 10s this month and now I am in a size 8!!!

I swear, I never thought I would see single digits! As of this week I didn't imagine I could actually fit into an 8 - it was like a dream and now it is reality!!

So, thank goodness they were on sale. I love Tommy Hilfiger jeans and they are not real cheap! But how could I buy them???

Stopping in to say hi! I've been reading your journal for a while, but realized that I shouldn't be rude!!

Finding jeans that fit? That is a no brainer! You HAVE to buy them. It would be a tragedy not to.
EyeDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 04:47 AM   #72
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you for stopping in!
I love my new jeans. I wear them way too often!
Old 12-24-2011, 05:08 AM   #73
Blabbermouth!!!

WHOOSH!!!
168 today. My first time in the 160s. I am kinda surprised. Both Thursday and Friday I ate Buffalo wings - 12 each time. And I drank a little bit of regular soda.

This little whoosh will hopefully motivate me to stay on plan. Getting through this week without gaining weight is important to me. If I can go to my weight loss group next week with a loss I would be so happy!

Tonight at my dad's house could prove to be difficult...but I know he will have shrimp and I know there will be sausage, so hopefully I can stay away from the other things...
Old 12-27-2011, 05:15 AM   #74
Blabbermouth!!!

My whoosh stuck and I weighed in at 167.3 this morning!
I'm wearing a pair of size medium pants today.
Now if I can continue to have a good week I can weigh in at TBMP at a lower weight and hopefully be within a pound of my goal weight...and I should be at 90% of my weight loss goal!
Old 12-28-2011, 11:35 AM   #75
Blabbermouth!!!

167.3 again this morning!
I went to Macy's today and got a new pair of pants (size 10), a pair of shorts (medium) and a dress (medium.)
I was wearing 1x before.
I looked in the mirror today and realized that no one would look at me and think I am a "little chubby" now. I'm just your average girl.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:40 AM   #76
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm hanging in at right about 168 lbs...I'm really amazed by my own success.

I went to Macy's again last night and bought some more new clothes. They are a mix of size 8s and 10s. I'm going to go clean out my closet and put the size 12s away...and hopefully one day I can feel secure enough in my weight loss to part with them.

I have a few more pounds to lose and then I need to maintain. Maintaining scares me!
Old 01-02-2012, 07:33 AM   #77
Blabbermouth!!!

169 this morning. Not thrilled about the pound, but I know I deserve it. Drank 2 regular Pepsi's this weekend plus have slipped back into putting Mocha in my DD coffee. I am stopping that as of right now...I will switch to SF Vanilla if I need a little something!

Being off work is hard for me because at work I only have access to what I packed...at home I have a fridge full of choices...

I'm so close to goal - I can't blow it now!
Part of me wants to drink the last Pepsi and be done with it...but I know I can't!
Old 01-03-2012, 03:33 PM   #78
Blabbermouth!!!

I feel so fat and bloated today! I just feel like a stuffed sausage in my jeans!
I'm hungry, I'm tired and I am miserable!

On a good note, I logged all of my food for today at breakfast. That is always my goal, but I don't do it often enough. Knowing what I will eat ahead of time helps me eat better!
Old 01-04-2012, 05:15 AM   #79
Blabbermouth!!!

167.8 today...I guess it is better than the 171 I was stuck at for a while.
I am feeling sort of impatient to get to my goal of 166. But I am not doing the hard work I need to do to get there...I am not exercising and I am not eating as clean as I should be.
My coffee consumption is back up, which is bad because it means my heavy whipping cream consumption is also back up.
So, I should not be surprised that the weight is not just falling off of me the way it did in November...I worked my butt off with good clean eating in November.
So, no one and nothing to blame but me...

So my goal today is clean eating and to try out my Wii Dance game. My son goes to kindergarten at noon, so I will try to exercise once he leaves. I can throw a video on for my daughter in my bedroom and get at least 20 minutes in!
Old 01-08-2012, 05:42 AM   #80
Blabbermouth!!!

Did the Wii Dance game the other day. It was fun! Need to get into a routine of doing it!

Last night I went to dinner with my family, my niece and my dad and stepmom. We went out to OF Changes. I got the Mongolian Beef, which was really good. I also ate the green beans and cucumbers.

My niece is 16 and was complaining about her knees hurting. I told her that she should try to up her vitamin D because so many people are low on it and it can help a lot. My MIL was asking me about it and I told her how my lab results were low and I have been taking supplements and it went up some on the next round of results.
My MIL started telling me it was because I don't eat veggies anymore...I told her I eat salads usually twice a day and eat more veggies now than I ever did and my vitamin d is actually higher since I have been doing this and my cholesterol is down and over all my labs looked better.

Then somehow the fact that I ate wings instead of pizza came up later...and she said that it would be healthier for me to eat pizza because wings are so fatty...
I just said that for me wings are better and changed the conversation...

People just don't get it. I'm not going to try to convince her...it will take a long time until people see that eating fat is not all bad...the proof is in my lab work and in the fact that when we went to try on jeans at Macy's I tried on an 8 and she tried on a 12...
Old 01-09-2012, 05:13 PM   #81
Blabbermouth!!!

I made a deal with Luca to stay off the scale this week...so this morning I took my waist measurement instead. It had been quite a while and I noticed it seems to be getting smaller.
So...31 inches! That is 4.5 inches off since I measured it! Woo hoo!
I actually have a defined waist!
I thought it was 33 inches to start with - so I am so glad I kept this journal and was able to see it was larger than I thought!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psmileyf View Post
Finally broke down and took my measurements -
Chest 41
Waist 35.5
Hip 42
R thigh - 25
Left thigh - 24.5
R arm 13.75
L arm 13.5
Old 01-15-2012, 04:04 AM   #82
Blabbermouth!!!

168.7 this morning. I am not happy about this weight, which is ridiculous because it is less than I ever imagined. I got out my old WW books last night and looked at my weight a year ago this week...it was 189. That kinda puts it into perspective for me.

I have trouble remembering that fluctuations in my weight are normal. I know that my body is going to go up and down a few pounds. I think we all do it. When someone else tells me they are up a little I can rationally tell them that it is how the human body works and not to stress about it. When it is me I beat myself up about it and analyze every bite I have taken to figure out what caused it. I need to be more rational when it comes to myself.

I'm going to set myself up for a good week this week. When I get home from grocery shopping today I am going to sit down and write down my lunch and dinners for the week in my food journal. Planning ahead makes it easier for me. And I know I can make changes if I need to.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:12 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/172/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
Good Morning Psmiley... thought I would drop in and read your journal..... I understand your frustration with the stalls... I was there over a year ago and it is frustrating but I always got past it!!! I was stuck in the 160's for a while. Push through it and you will be at your goal before you know it!!!

I am sadly not any where near that weight right now but I am working on it!!!
Lize636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:48 PM   #84
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for the support, Liz!

This week has been a good week, habit wise.
I am eating my pre-planned foods and feel in control. The scale was back at 166.9 this morning so it is working. I hope I can keep it going in the right direction!
Old 01-18-2012, 04:54 AM   #85
Blabbermouth!!!

166 this morning! Feeling good!

I'm doing well with eating my preplanned meals. It really helps me keep on track. I look at my journal in the morning and pack what I wrote down to bring to work with me. Then when it is brekfast and lunch time I know I have to eat that and stay away from the take out menu!
We're having a pizza party at work on Friday. Since I am the one who orders the food for the office I ordered myself a salad instead. So- I basically ordered 10 larege pizzas and one small salad The salad has spinach, cranberries and crumbled cheese. It is yummy!

I read an old thread this morning when I was 182 lbs. I wanted to be comfortable at 175...so I wanted to get to 170 so that I had a few pounds to play with! It is funny how I just wanted to be 175 and now 168 is a cause of panic. I need to continue to remember how far I have come!
Old 01-18-2012, 05:24 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/172/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
Yes you should always try and remember how far you have come!! This isnt easy either so try not to be so hard on yourself!! This round I am trying to stay off the scale everyday I tend to get bummed over the small stuff when I do.
Lize636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:49 PM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vilya
Stats: 285/198/180
WOE: LC/HF for T2 diabetes
Start Date: Sept. 2011
Just stopping in to say hi! You're doing so great.
Vilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:02 PM   #88
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for the support, ladies!
Old 01-19-2012, 06:33 AM   #89
Blabbermouth!!!

165.3 today! Lowest Ever!!!!

Last night I figured out my waist to hip ratio. It was .8 and it said that put me at a reduced risk for heart disease and a host of other illnesses.
It was great! It made me feel good.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:17 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EyeDoc
Stats: 122/107-109/108 5'1.5"
WOE: Mindful eating
Start Date: August 31, 2011 third time around
You go, girl! You have beat your goal! Now the REALLY hard part...maintaining? Or continuing weight loss?
EyeDoc is offline   Reply With Quote