Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2013, 06:41 AM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
Um....whoosh?! Yesterday 141 and today 137? I did the scale dance, too. It's for real!
bacon bit is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2013, 05:08 PM   #212
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMacB
Stats: 275/190/160
WOE: Modified Atkins/general low carb
Start Date: Feb 2012
That is fantastic!
JMacB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:53 PM   #213
Major LCF Poster!

I'm having major stomach issues over the past week and more. No doubt due to the antibiotic, but I am pretty sure I picked up a bug as well. All I wanted yesterday was popcorn and ramen so that's what I ate. Last week my calories were so low and the week before due to strep. I'm going to make lc pasta in a few minutes. I never carb up during the week so it was really weird for me to eat a handful of popcorn a little while ago, but I had also hardly eaten all day due to this awful stomach cramping. I felt like I had been physically sick the way my abs hurt today. I'm about 48 hours in and over it! Well anyway. I usually gain weight while sick. We'll see how that goes, plus the antibiotic. Good thing this post doesn't sound completely depressing. *smack head*

Read me
And also...
Old 07-22-2013, 05:41 PM   #214
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMacB
Stats: 275/190/160
WOE: Modified Atkins/general low carb
Start Date: Feb 2012
I hope you start feeling better soon. Upset stomach is officially the worst ever.
JMacB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:30 PM   #215
Major LCF Poster!

I'm maintaining ok but mad at myself for not trying harder to lose. Ugh.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:32 AM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

Well I'm still trucking along. I keep working my way up the rungs with the same half pound to lose. I don't really know how much that number matters to me anymore. I mean, it's not like I'll drop another size by losing it, so I am basically considering myself in maintenance at the moment. I find it hard to eat more than 20 carbs. It's engrained in my brain to eat to 20 a day, so eating more and not feeling guilty is not happening. I find it helpful to eat normally during the day and if there are carbs to spare, I don't really worry about fitting my dinner into that carb limit. I just do sensible. Or sometimes not, like I totally ate french fries one night with my chicken. I'm not gaining. I'm not going crazy with it, either. Just watching the scale and paying attention to the way my clothes fit, and especially to the way I feel. I've been sick off and on, and now I'm sick with stress and worry. I just need to get some things figured out and it will all be OK. I guess that's true for everything. I'll just keep telling myself that!
Old 08-15-2013, 04:47 PM   #217
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Whoo, girl--look at your weight! And on maintenance! You are amazing. Sorry you're worried, though. When I'm worried, I just remember that old cliche about worrying. I ask myself how many of the things I worried myself sick about ever manifested in the horrific way I worried about. The answer is nearly always few, or none. So all that energy and creativity visualizing the worst case scenario was just a colossal waste.

I say take that worry-energy and visualize the most delightful outcome that could possibly happen!
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:46 AM   #218
Major LCF Poster!

I haven't posted in a while, so thought I'd update. I haven't gained any weight, but my weight ended up settling usually right around 140. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Anyway, I got bored maintaining??? I feel like the more carbs I eat, the more my PCOS acts up, the more my skin looks awful, the less sleep I get...all that. I mean yeah it's like "DUH" but still, I'm not sure how to move up the carb ladder if doing so makes me feel yucky. I guess if I lose enough, eventually I will stop losing or get malnourished, so I am basically back on Induction during the day and then at night...well here, here's my daily menu:
Day time:
Celery (about 8-10 4 inch pieces)
Sugar snap peas (maybe about 20 pods)
Bell pepper (I eat three peppers a week, divided by five meals)
3 baby carrots (I know that's silly, but I don't want to go overboard!)
2 cheese sticks
2 hard boiled eggs
6-8 small orange tomatoes
1 smallish red tomato

I think that's all. Then I've been eating my homemade chili each night. I don't really know how many carbs are in it, but I do add low carb pasta to it. But hardly any, so it only adds like a carb per serving. I make a huge pot of chili. Well, huge for me. I made 2 pounds of beef this time and I shared about 1/3 of it with someone else, then I've been eating off the rest since Saturday or Sunday, with plenty to go. I also eat a bit of whipped cream at night, and randomly an Atkins bar. I'm not about to add it up, but other than these things, I haven't had anything else in three days and I already feel better. My intestines had gone a little wonky, but they are getting better.

Have any of you reached where I am? I mean, if I keep eating this way, will I eventually stop losing because my calories will remain this high and my body will be smaller? I don't want to waste away. Well, OK, the normal amount, but not sick from skinny! My good friends are kind of mad at me because they think I've lost enough. My issue is I'm not sure how tall I really am. I made a growth chart for my son five years ago and we were measuring him the other day and I was all "Look how tall I am!" and it was at least an inch under where I thought I was?! Now, because I made it, who knows how accurate it is...but I can't be that much off, can I? Anyway, I don't really want to have to recalculate my BMI here, but if I'm that much off, I could still be overweight! I will have to accurately measure, but before, I considered myself 5'1.75". What if I'm actually 5 feet tall? Or 5'1"? I might need to lose another 15 pounds just to get to the top of the healthy range. Then, I look at myself in the mirror and I realize that yeah, I could lose that much, but my neck is starting to gobble. It's only going to get worse. Trivial matters I deal with, see?

I had a scary experience this morning. I walked into school with my children this morning. I am the first one to arrive upstairs every day. Well, someone was hustling out while my kids and I were walking down the hall. I called my co-teacher and locked my kids and myself in my classroom. It was just really weird. Luckily I am one of those people who is aware of what goes on around them. It was just not awesome. Especially since my kids were with me and other kids were about to enter the building over the course of the next 15-30 minutes. I get there in the pitch black-at 6:30 am. Anyway, I guess that's all. I have to go back to work now. Please let me know if you've made it into maintenance and struggled with any of this...thanks!
Old 10-03-2013, 12:12 PM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I seem to be doing OK with eating Induction during the work week. I take the weekends for what they are and carb up Friday nights, Saturday nights, and Sundays. So, back to whatever point. I've lost enough of that bloat to notice, but I am struggling drinking water. I'm having some cravings today, but last night for the first time in years I tried two pieces of low carb bread. I guess it might be considered the best option for me when I want bread, since regular bread makes me feel drunk. It's interesting how that works. I wonder if I have a yeast sensitivity. I can eat all the cake I want and it doesn't really make me feel as awful as bread makes me feel. I've always had an aversion to beer, too. Just wondering.

I've been getting ridiculous questions lately about low carbing. Someone said she didn't know how I could do no carb and I was like...uhhhh...I don't do that, and really even those really low carb get SOME carbs. I said I don't know how one would do that, aside from just drinking water? I had to explain it to her, which just shows how little people read labels. She asked me, "Oh, so you actually count the carbs in fruits and vegetables?!" I'm like well yeah, there's a bunch there! Then this other woman was asking me, "Oh, we can eat...(fill in the blank)? I said on my way of eating, I eat this. I didn't know she was low carb. She said she knew she was supposed to eat 3 meals under 25 carbs a day and no nice, bread, etc. Her daughter was giving her the information. I asked her what plan she was following and she got really confused. She had no idea that there were even different plans. I told her I've just eaten low carb before and I did lose a little bit of weight, but I lost the most following Atkins, specifically. I really like the science he offers, though I admit I haven't tried any other low carb plans much.

Anyway, I am incredibly tired this week, and drinking way too much coffee and not nearly enough water. I have already worked over 40 hours this week. I'm trying to help out a friend/co-worker so I'm putting in extra hours. It's always the case anymore. Actually, I feel like I have to beg off the few hours I'm not there each week, at this point. Whatever. I'm young. I should be able to handle this.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:36 AM   #220
Major LCF Poster!

Holiday weight! Woohoo! I went back to my plan of low carb during the day, and maybe a little higher at night. This weekend will likely be higher than the next several. I wish I had it in me to go back to Induction. Need support in that area.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:50 PM   #221
Major LCF Poster!

My hormones picked now to fluctuate as well. So I think I'm up 5 pounds. It could be 10 by now though. I am trying hard to chug water.