Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2013, 07:06 PM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMacB
Stats: 275/195/160
WOE: Modified Atkins/general low carb
Start Date: Feb 2012
Sinus infections are the worst! I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. Feel better soon.

I want to hear more about your homemade stuff.
JMacB is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2013, 08:16 PM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
I'm still feeling really gross. But I didn't carb up tonight and I'm quite proud of myself.

Basically I'm focusing on natural products. No preservatives. Ok, I do use a few fragrance oils, but that's it as far as synthetic. I looked at other peoples recipes and did research, then tried my own concoctions. I wish I had more time to try new things.
bacon bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:56 AM   #183
Major LCF Poster!

I understand. I used to make soap and loved it, nad my mom makes lotion. But not enough time/resources to really experiment.

I'm sorry you are still feeling gross. Sinus infections are the worst. I hope the mess kick in soon.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:59 AM   #184
Major LCF Poster!

Did you make bar soap? Some of that looks so involved! I do foaming soap. My best soap is monkey farts. I sell out so fast!
Old 06-01-2013, 06:35 PM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

Okay that is hilarious! I did bar soaps and I did melt and pour. It was so much fun, but you can make a LOT really fast.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

It's interesting to me how I can see pictures of myself from this past weekend (2 days ago) and still think I'm the fat girl in the group. I quite likely weigh the least of the bunch, too. Weird.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:40 PM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

I'm still hovering right around 145, depending on the hour or day. Last week I had a strange belly bloat high up in my abdomen. I didn't have pain with it, but I thought it was really strange. It's only gone as of this morning. I'm still struggling getting over this sinus infection. I'm going to need it to stop really soon, because the antibiotic is almost gone. I'm doping up on what feels like major drugs (Bronkaid, plus daily allergy meds, plus Tylenol or Arnica for pain, in addition to the antibiotic). Eating hurts my face. Cold liquid hurts my face. Hot showers hurt my face. It all hurts. OK, it's getting better, but it's strange that it still hurts. Anyway, with the belly bloat gone I was able to go clothes shopping at some new places and found some things to wear. I was struggling with buying the same old sizes, so this time I ended up buying Medium tops and size 6 bottoms. Anyway, that's my life!

Read me
And also...
Old 06-08-2013, 05:00 PM   #188
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Wow. You are doing incredibly well with the weight loss.

Don't screw around with that sinus infection. They are hard to clear up, and they can be dangerous--those sinus cavities are next door to your brain. You may need another round of a stronger antibiotic!
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:28 PM   #189
Major LCF Poster!

Last week I was eating spicy food and couldn't taste it, but my nose would run. Yesterday and today I've eaten the same foods and had to stop because I'm on fire. So I think I'm good. I forgot a few doses of meds, so I'll be done for real today.

I have nothing really to report. I haven't weighed myself, not because I'm off track, but because when I do weigh it's because I can see a change in the reflection in the mirror, and I haven't really seen one. I try not to tweak things too often, but I know I'm bad about eating more veggies in the evening. I have usually lost something in a few weeks time, but now it's not happening. Sunday evening I ate regular pasta. I felt like my body was asking for it. I ate a child size portion and moved on. I'm not sure why, but I went with it? Funny how I almost feel guilty for it. I think if I didn't feel at least a little guilt, I'd be in trouble.

I guess I need to read this section of my Atkins book. I was losing pretty quickly there, a few weeks ago, which made me rethink my goal. But now that I'm losing nothing, I'm wondering again. Maybe I'm doing it wrong by staying on Induction. It feels like a struggle to eat more, so I may need to replace some of my foods with carbier options. IDK, I need to read. I've never been in this place where I'm so close to my goal before.

I may have said before, but I think I have trouble losing when it's so hot and humid outside, too. I always end up fizzling out at exactly the same place, but this time I'm still eating what I always eat-Induction during the week aside from Friday nights and this past Sunday evening. Anyway, I'm still here, trucking along.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:43 PM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

Well my weight is back to my lowest, so that's good. I feel like when I lose a few pounds in a short amount of time, my body wants to make up for it by eating more. I ate off plan Saturday and Sunday wasn't my typical either. I feel almost guilty about it. Not disappointed. I just don't want to start allowing it to be OK to eat off plan like that. I added in a small bit more cheese. I'm eating 2 and 2/3 ounces each day, and one day I had 3 and 1/3 ounces. I also added in peanut butter and a small amount more celery. And I'm not eating a huge amount of lettuce either. It was stupid to eat the way I did over the weekend. I'm just getting bored or things aren't convenient enough for what I need right now. Working on it.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:09 PM   #191
Blabbermouth!!!

You're doing a GREAT job with your weight! Go you!
Old 06-20-2013, 10:37 AM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

I think that antibiotic kind of stalled me? I wonder if that's possible.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:56 PM   #193
Blabbermouth!!!

I think it's really common for antibiotics to stall.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:06 PM   #194
Major LCF Poster!

Well PRAISE GOD, then! I believe anything you tell me, Jessica! So keep telling me that, even if it's not true. Also, that carbs don't count when you're with friends! I can count on you, right?

But seriously, thank you. I got so frustrated and down! I kept trucking, but really hard to do! I do not envy those dealing with this for long periods.

I talked a co-worker into a meat and egg fast. Not me. Her. We'll see what happens. Lately I've been teaching people a lot about carbs. People just don't see it until they start researching it.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:07 PM   #195
Blabbermouth!!!

I got yer back, girl. (But really, it IS common for antibiotics and lots of other medications, including analgesics like ibuprofen and aspirin, to interfere with weight loss.)
Old 06-22-2013, 07:36 AM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

I wish I would have known that, but I just kept thinking "I have done something different by taking this" and that I'd just wait and see. Thank you again!
Old 06-23-2013, 05:39 AM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

I've reached a point where I'm no longer interested in what the scale says. And actually, I go carb heavier on Saturday nights, too. I'm easing into the idea of not being so hard on myself. I can't tell if this is me falling off the wagon or experimenting with carbs, so please give me tough love....just be nice! Ha. But I need help, I think.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:09 AM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

I think you are doing great!
Old 06-26-2013, 05:23 PM   #199
Major LCF Poster!

I think I need to give up my Friday night higher carb meal until I am at my goal. I think I am struggling really badly lately because of it. It really changes nothing right now. It's just when it becomes Friday night that I will have the struggle. I need to make decisions. I have had something preventing me from increasing my daily carbs every day that I've tried to. Rotten or bitter celery, for instance. I was trying to eat more of it. I did eat peanut butter yesterday. I am just craving during the week. I think what I need to do is be stronger than what I am. My daughter's birthday is Saturday and I was hoping to use that as my up day instead of Friday, but I might need to skip it, or else make a goal to make it my last carb up until I am at goal. I'm not gaining weight, I don't think. My clothes look at feel the same. My scale just broke today though. Actually, it said I weighed 149 which is not right, there's ZERO possibility that's the truth, but then it shut off, never to come back on. TOM is expected, and I weighed at the end of the day.......but still! I don't like what's happening and I need to get it figured out, quick!
Old 06-26-2013, 10:20 PM   #200
Blabbermouth!!!

I know you'll figure out what you need to do to reach your goals, and then you'll do it. Have faith in yourself. Look how far you've come!

(And scales always go nuts when the battery is dying, I've noticed.)
Old 06-27-2013, 06:07 PM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

I had just replaced the battery, but tried again. It's really dead. New scale (well new to me) and it's showing me five pounds heavier, but I know the person who gave it to me has weighed at home and then on mine and he said it's five pounds heavier. So that was not a nice shock. But I feel better knowing I'm right where I was before. I have a plan, too.

My daughters birthday is Saturday so I'm taking this as my last carb heavy weekend, and I'll go to Induction or Owl to get me to my goal of 135, then move up the phases and see where I get in the end! I'm giving myself this weekend because TOM is on her way so I'm not going to fight her.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #202
Blabbermouth!!!

Sounds like a good plan.

And of course, the scale's only value is to show you, from day to day, the changes in your weight, so what does it matter if it's weighing you in heavy or light,right?
Old 07-11-2013, 05:48 PM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

Well. This time it's strep throat. Gross. I feel good otherwise. My weight is still the lowest it's been. Tomorrow I will fight hard to continue induction. I'm working on raising my fiber this week. I've intended to eat slightly higher carb, but due to my throat, my appetite is nonexistent. Following my plan and it's good. Normally I carb up Fridays. Last week was a bad week for me to try that.

I'll do better. I didn't come this far just to give up on it. Just wishing I could stay healthy. I am proud of myself. I just need to say that because it's true.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:27 PM   #204
Major LCF Poster!

I'm really proud of you! I'm so sorry you are sick - strep is the devil. I hope you feel better soon!
Old 07-11-2013, 09:02 PM   #205
Blabbermouth!!!

Take care of yourself and try to get some rest. I remember that when I was a mommy of young kids, I caught every little bug they brought home. Alas, part of the territory.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:18 PM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

My kids are completely germ free, but the brother of a little girl in my class had it a few weeks ago. Other than that, I could have picked it up anywhere. We just moved from a Nursery School/Kids' Day Out type of program to Nursery School/Full time childcare/Kids' Day Out PLUS summer camp. There are hundreds of people in the building daily. Going full time is what has made the last year rough. I took a break from my classes to kind of breathe for a while. I really just don't want to re-start. I might need to think about this again. I took a 45 day break and I am LOVING it. I took it because I was so sick with that sinus infection and then a hormonal shift again. I'm still dealing with part of that. I made it through today without carbing up. I asked a co-worker for a pep talk and somehow knowing that I might let her down helped me-or maybe I was just asking her to hold me accountable. Either way...it worked, praise God. Now to get through the weekend.

My brother in laws birthday is today. We're having a dinner tomorrow night. My sister was planning lasagna. I told her today just don't worry about me, if I eat I am going to be eating food I bring from home. I kept saying don't be offended, I just need to focus on eating Induction type foods. Well, I thought I made it clear, but she called me tonight and told me she's making fajitas for me. I said thank you so much but I can't. :-( She was like oh...big pause...are you over on carbs or something? And the truth is no, I'm actually quite under due to the sore throat. I just told her I have to cut out all of that stuff and just eat this way for the next month or so, just so I can lose these last 6 or so pounds. I apologized because I know she was doing something special for me and I had to say no. But she called me from the store, so she hadn't bought anything. She was like can you have the peppers? I said I could have a few peppers but that I'm totally fine bringing my own little bags of food, I have so many left over from this week. I prep everything on Sunday's and again the strep ruined my appetite (depending on how you look at it). I have tons of food that will be wasted. I just sent her a text thanking her for being my sister and being so nice that she'd go out of the way to help a girl out! She told me earlier she figured I couldn't have the chicken. I was like no, I can have the chicken, I just can't do the seasoning. I know that I probably could do it and be totally fine...if it were me cooking. I was told to cut my sugars during a pregnancy and she made these cupcakes that she said were sugar free with sugar free icing. Turns out it was regular icing. I hadn't had sugar in so long by that point that it could have been a very bad situation. Anyway, I'm feeling good. Still yucky in the throat, but otherwise...my spirit is feeling gentle today.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:22 PM   #207
Blabbermouth!!!

Good job of taking care of yourself, but gently and kindly. It would be such a nice world if everyone were kind.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:54 AM   #208
Major LCF Poster!

Um. I have an announcement. :-) I've lost 60 pounds.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:52 AM   #209
Blabbermouth!!!

I believe a celebration is called for! If I wasn't 2000 miles away from you, I'd bring over some (low carb, of course) cocktail mixings and we'd have a party!! Congratulations, Heidi. You are the poster child for slow and steady wins the race! You never go off the deep end, get desperate, do weird fad diets, etc. You just keep working it!
Old 07-13-2013, 08:11 PM   #210
Major LCF Poster!

I cannot tell you how many times I wanted to. I can't tell you how many pep talks I gave myself. I can't tell you how many pork rinds I ate. It was when I remembered Atkins has phases and maybe I just need to move up the ladder that I realized I was two phases behind. My stomach was hurting a lot lately, too. I decided in moving up the ladder to add chia seeds, but very carefully as I have Crohn's but have been in remission almost a decade. I never know when or if it will rear it's ugly head. My fiber was only about 5 or 6 grams a day.

Thank you for your support. I think that saying to the people around me that I need them to help me has helped me the most. They see me as strong. They see me as accomplishing something. I see me as so close but bored with where I was a few weeks ago and annoyed with a stall and my willpower sucked in giving up my Friday night treats. Ah well. Always a struggle. Never "easy", and definitely, "I can have that later"-that was helpful to remember and still is. Oh, my sister found pics of me tonight. I am so ashamed of where I was. I'll see about uploading them.