Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 08:04 AM   #121
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Phranquie
Stats: 325+/149/125/ (5'-3" & 52 yo)
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: Restart: 7/16/12
I used to never really concentrate on my eating habits or weight loss so now I think I can be a bit self absorbed with it. Perhaps with your co-worker when she hears your comments on your loss she thinks it is overboard because she does not give much thought to her weight. With a child with eating issues she is probably a bit sensitive to the issue. I would just not mention anything about your weight or eating around her.

As far as the ratios of fat/carbs/protein, I guess it depends on what plan you are following. I eat higher carbs and lower calories than someone on Atkins. I think you just need to look at what works for you best. If you have a food journal go back and look at the ratios from a point where you were losing really well.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2013, 03:10 PM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
OK, progress photo at 148.2 I can't believe I had to really think hard about how to upload a photo. So, let's see if this works!
bacon bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:11 PM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry, it was sideways. Ha.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:13 PM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

OK, let's see...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130405_142818.jpg (41.0 KB, 11 views)
Old 04-05-2013, 03:13 PM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah OK you can just deal with it. Ha. I had a long day.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:18 PM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

OK, trying one more time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4052013.jpg (26.8 KB, 21 views)
Old 04-06-2013, 12:49 PM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Today I put on pants that I bought about a year ago. They were too small when I bought them and my PCOS shifted and I never did fit in them. Pretty soon they will be too big on me! An OK fit now. I'm wearing them in public, even! Small victories, I guess. :-)
Old 04-07-2013, 02:56 PM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

I thought yesterday was weird when I woke up to 149. That's the morning after my cheat night. And also, today I woke up to 148.2, and TOM came shortly after. I have no idea what is happening, but I think this might be a very very good week for me. I stopped eating hard boiled eggs this week (store issue) but I don't think that's it. I instead ate a very small amount of deli turkey each day. I don't think that's helping me, either. I stopped eating out for the most part-not that I did it that much before. That could be helpful. I stopped eating basil paste this week due to lack of enough. It has trace amounts of milk in it. I started eating more cheese. I was avoiding before. I drank a little less coffee. I had a few higher carb things on Easter, as well as last Friday. I didn't have as many shakes, but there was one day that I ate two Atkins bars in a row-moment of desperation. See why this is weird? I'll be watching this closely this week and tracking all that I can.

Today I had 2 cups of coffee with hwc and liquid sweet n low and a salad. I just made shepherds pie. I wish the items with trace carbs listed exactly how much that meant, because "zero" is misleading. It's good, though I forgot to add something.

Read me
And also...
Old 04-09-2013, 10:24 AM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Feeling out of control. Yesterday I had my usual sprouts, lettuce, tomato, cheese, pepper salad. Two eggs. Coffee, hwc. Lc shepherds pie. Then 2 bars, a shake, pork rinds, and finally 2 tbs peanut butter before I finally called it quits and went to bed. I chugged water like crazy. My carb total was only 20 based upon the amount I ate but wow I hate to use Atkins products and I went and ate 3 in a row. I had a shake and my usual salad and coffee with hwc and then a serving of peanut butter. Midday! It doesn't sound so bad when I write it down, but I really want to hit a new low this week and don't want those few things to stand in my way. Maybe that diet Coke was really helping me in the afternoon. Or else leaving me to think I'm hungry when I'm really not. I was full last night and thought I was hungry. Lame. I need to get myself in check. Beautiful weather out there today, though.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:20 PM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

Thank GOD I wasn't as hungry today, but holy Pete, I kept craving sugar. I took a drink every time I got a craving. No joke I've had about 40 ounces in the last few hours. I came straight home from work and made myself some eggs and meat. Other than TOM, I'm not doing anything different. I thought this was going to be a good week, but I think TOM got me. I am happy to report I gave in to ZERO cravings. This is so hard. I am fighting so hard and thankful that I am not really stressed out today because I think it would ruin me.

I tracked my carbs and realized I'm not getting enough vegetables. If I'm supposed to be having 12-15 carbs from veggies, I'm doing a really bad job at it. OK. So I'm about to go have my third meal. I'll see what I can do. Oh, the reason I say this is because my total carb count today is around 10. I wasn't planning on having more vegetables by any means, but right this minute my body hurts from a long work day and I am hungry, but only a little. I gotta do better. This week has been weird in so many ways.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #131
Major LCF Poster!

Well. That only added three carbs. But I got my calories up to 1600. Not that I watch my calories, because I don't, but I am sometimes curious. I'm planning for a few differences in my meals next week.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

Well when I weighed this am, I was 148.8, but I was full. Incredibly...full. I'm waiting until the time is right in order to call my weight for the week. TOM didn't help, I'm sure! We'll see. Never fun to see zero movement, but it's not like I've gained 10 pounds, so there's that! For the next week I'm removing the bits of peppers I've been eating and will only have a bit each day of green pepper, and cucumber. Oh, and celery.

Also, I was rereading on the Atkins site about how I'm supposed to be eating 6-8 oz a meal of protein. I hadn't remembered that?
Old 04-12-2013, 11:11 AM   #133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Love the photo. I am jealous of your slender legs! Mine are like tree trunks even when I am thinner. I have a long waist and short thick legs. I am also envious of your boots. I always have to get "wide calf" boots which just never look that great.

I have days where I just eat more. As long as I know it is not emotional/stress eating I go ahead and eat a little more. Usually when this happens I will drop a little weight. Seems counter intuitive but I think my body loses at different rates and real hunger is the cue that it needs calories and if I don't go overboard with eating then it is going to burn some fat.

I do sip on a diet coke or crystal light if I am feeling cravings or want to munch when I am stressed. I know a lot of people don't like the aspartame and other sweeteners, but I am fighting one battle at a time so the diet cokes really do help and are a treat in place of some carb laden junk food.

I do not get nearly enough protein a day. I am not on Atkins but never knew you should have 6-8oz per meal. I bet I don't have that much in a day!

I hear ya on the zero movement week. It is hard to deal with but is not a gain and it is part of the natural weight loss for me to not lose once in a while. Luckily it is only a week and we have next week to work a little harder at losing. Good luck and keep up the good work.
Phranquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Frankie for your support!
I'm 148.2 today but I was still so backed up this morning. I'll weigh again tomorrow morning on my leisurely day. Of course, tonight I'm carbing up, but my weight has been pretty low on Saturdays lately. I'm excited about my menu next week. I was talking to my co-teacher about that 6-8 oz protein per meal thing and really, by weight, it's probably fine. I mean, I was eating 2 hard boiled large eggs, 1.5 oz of Swiss cheese, and all of these other veggies. Apparently each egg can weigh over 2 oz, so already those with the cheese is nearly 6 oz. Now, I work 11 hour days and don't work in a job where I can sit down and have a meal most days, so I end up not eating everything all at once. I was trying to make sure I ate earlier in the day because sometimes I get down to ravenous because I haven't eaten all day and suddenly I've been at work for nearly nine hours. So I guess I'm almost grazing, but I figure at least I'm eating what I'm supposed to. Maybe I just need to look back at my actual Atkins book, rather than the website. I might be following a different plan by going with what's on the website instead of my book. It's full of those great tips that make it foolproof.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:02 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gladiator
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon bit View Post
I was trying to make sure I ate earlier in the day because sometimes I get down to ravenous because I haven't eaten all day and suddenly I've been at work for nearly nine hours.
Only a notice, I recognized that I wake up early than before to have enough time for my breakfast. It is a solution, I have a lot of work during day and evening I am tired.
Gladiator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:15 AM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

I hate that I don't even have time to think about food during the week because I'm so busy. Sometimes I have time to come home and grab a chunk of lunch meat that I snack on during my walk back to work for a meeting. I have to plan everything on the weekends or else I'm subject to the devil that is carbs.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:03 PM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

147.6 Yippee! I can handle this.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:02 AM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

Just out of curiosity I weighed this morning. 146.4!
Old 04-14-2013, 06:15 AM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMacB
Stats: 275/195/160
WOE: Modified Atkins/general low carb
Start Date: Feb 2012
Fantastic!
JMacB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:16 PM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, my kids quite enjoy watching me when I weigh because oftentimes there's a loud woohoo or yippee along with a dance.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMacB
Stats: 275/195/160
WOE: Modified Atkins/general low carb
Start Date: Feb 2012
Ha! Since I strip down I don't really allow an audience. Of course, I'm also the first one up each day so I never have to worry about it.
JMacB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:41 PM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

I think I was trying to figure out how to lose quicker. Really I just need to weigh when I weigh the least. I know I keep saying this, but I weigh less later in the morning. This weekend I actually got to see it, along with some wonderful downward movement. But I already went back and went through my food journal with a fine tooth comb. I figured out a few reasons I was struggling last week.

Anyway, I'm feeling that First Day of Atkins sort of gung ho attitude. Even though I'm months in, I feel good about this week. I'm happy in most areas of my life. Now, if I could just get a date...ha.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:11 PM   #143
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Congrats on your loss this week! I try to weigh the same time each day if possible, usually mid-late mornings.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:10 PM   #144
Major LCF Poster!

Going over my foods so much and focusing on Induction list foods has left me with an issue. I've eaten twice today and had to force the second meal upon myself and so I'm far from hungry, but I've consumed exactly 7 carbs today. 2.4 of those carbs are traces in meat and cheese type foods. I already bought everything for this week's lunches and have no time to go to the store until Thursday. I guess this will be an experiment. Last night I ended up eating an entire can of green beans so that I could add more carbs to my veggie intake. I was getting mixed messages about (for instance) how many carbs are in bell peppers. Normally I eat 3 a week, cut up and divided among 5-6 meals. I entered this in a popular tracking site and came up with an added 120+ carbs each week. Atkins amounts were different, I thought. Anyway, instead of colored peppers, I chose one single green pepper for a total of 5 meal additions (as in I add some to my salad greens for five salads). I forgot twice to buy cheese, so I'm string cheesing it this week. Bummer. I guess maybe I could crack open some olives, but I thought that was like an additional thing and only 10-20 as needed and I try to avoid them. I guess I could just keep doing what I did yesterday and come home for dinner and eat a can of green beans and some bacon. I also forgot to eat my celery yesterday so I found it in the fridge at work today and was like oh yeah, I KNEW I didn't get my daily crunch.

On another note, I really had so much energy yesterday and today, and even over the weekend. I'm struggling in the opposite direction that I was last week in that then I was starved and now I'm stuffed! I keep thinking I need to shove these sprouts in my mouth because I want to lose weight. Weird thought but it's true. I haven't had cravings this week so far, and ended up going lower carb than normal on my up day this past Friday. I had one of those moments where nothing sounded better than a burger without the bun, but I did have a few snacky treats with the kidlets. I actually tried to work as long as possible on Friday because I didn't want to come home and start eating carbs. Perhaps I'm outgrowing the need for the up night? Guess it could be worse!
Old 04-17-2013, 01:07 PM   #145
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

If I am not hungry I don't eat. If I am ravenous and it is not head hunger I will eat a little more. I am trying to listen to my body. So the fact that you are not hungry and have tons of energy is a great combination.

I am lucky that carbs from veggies do not bother me and I can have pretty much what I want. I would think if you are logging your carb numbers from one site and you are not gaining and feeling good that you should stay with that site and add in a few veggie carbs a little at a time until you feel like you are eating what you want but the extra carbs are not stalling your loss.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:14 PM   #146
Major LCF Poster!

I'm still trying to get in all my veggie carbs, but since I've already bought and doled out my daily rations of fresh veggies, I'm left with the canned green and yellow beans. I bought all these beans at Christmas and made a LC green bean casserole. Everyone wound up sick so I was the only one who ate, as I didn't want to waste everything I had. It was YUM, too. But I'm still trying to use up these beans. Anyway, during the day my hands are so full. I start eating while I find a lull at work and it ends up taking me hours to eat. Even if I'm seated, I'm interrupted every few bites and there's no way around it. It's sad, really. But I don't feel full, I feel satisfied. My co-worker and I had had another discussion about my weight and I told her I still need to lose and I'm still overweight, and just to prove it, I grabbed a handful from my outer thigh. Seriously. A handful. I said I was 12 or 13 pounds away from a healthy weight range and that it wouldn't kill me to lose that much more. I debated lifting my shirt to flash my flabby belly at her but thought better of it. :-D What's been interesting is that she's picking up on how I eat and picked up a few tips and she's doing great! Now, being able to grab a handful of jiggly fat has made me think I can go farther than 12-13 pounds. We'll see! I have no weight news as I have pretty much stopped weighing during the week because I found my lowest weight and I'm sticking to Saturday weigh ins. I'm happy with this. It took a long time to get happy with once a week weigh ins, but I really am. I'm actually not looking forward to my weigh in this Saturday, though. I'm just not so sure about eating too few carbs from veggies this week. Normally I wouldn't really stress over it, but when my end of the day carbs are 7 and I'm aiming for 20, and 4 are from meats and cheeses, I feel like I'm doing it wrong for me. Normally I'd shop on Thursday afternoons, but I'm waiting until my Saturday weigh in to decide. If I haven't lost or if I've gained, I'll change my menu back to what it was last week, but I don't have time to shop until then. Me and my stupidly packed schedule!
Old 04-20-2013, 05:01 PM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I'm up to 147.4 today. I'm going to weigh again tomorrow just to see what happens, but I went grocery shopping and I am going back to the way I ate before this past week. All week I didn't enjoy my food as much and I struggled with trying to consume enough veggie carbs. I would end up eating too few by more than half some days. Going back to the way things were!
Old 04-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Didn't get my key window to weigh. Ended up weighing early but I was at 147 so I guess that's OK. I got all my veggies prepped for the week, so I think I'll be good. The big thing I need to focus on this week is cooking my dinner at home. Last week I had a few dinners out and I think the sodium was too high. I have a busy week ahead. One day maybe it won't be so busy.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:03 PM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

Weighed at 6:30 tonight and I was 147 so that's cool because it means in my window this morning I probably weighed a few pounds less. This is the same old story. Woe is me.

OK, so anyway, I'm carbing higher this week, or at least I thought I was until I went and entered all my info in and my total carbs are like 7.5 today. I could have eaten more but I'm not feeling great. It's me dealing with someone passive aggressive. I'm just going to keep trucking the way I have been in the past and see where I go.

Oh, not sure I said this before but Friday when I carbed up, I had a grilled cheese sandwich. It was some kind of fancy white bread and boy, was that a mistake. Of all the carbby meals I've had on Fridays, this has been the worst recovery. My body hurts and I think it all stems from that bread.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:04 PM   #150
Major LCF Poster!

Wait, sorry, no. I meant I weighed 146.8. I was rounding. IF we're getting technical here (which we are, or at least *I* am), I weighed in at 146.8 after a full day of eating.