Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 11:15 AM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
I'm struggling with a crazy issue today. Normally I eat what I want on Friday after work and any holidays or celebrations or my kids angel days. Today, I have no appetite. Especially not for carb laden foods. We'll see, I guess. Maybe I'll get hungry later and end up eating lc today. I was feeling that way on Friday, too. I guess my debate is omitting my scheduled carby meal. Or sticking to induction. Maybe I need a few clean weeks or something. I don't know. I've made way too many decisions today. Thinking about my son who died 14 years ago today. Blah.

Read me
And also...
bacon bit is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2013, 05:35 PM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Maintaining my weight today. Week filled with stress so far. I'm hoping to drop the stress and move on. :-)
Old 03-19-2013, 06:04 PM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

You know, maybe I'm bored. I don't know. Eating is such a chore for me. I am perfectly happy most of the time eating the same thing. I just need to remember what those same things are, from a few months ago. I'm going to give a sample of what I'm eating:
Possible Atkins shake if I'm feeling like a boost before coffee
Coffee with hwc and liquid sweet n low
Hard boiled egg
Peppers, another hard boiled egg, sugar snap peas, sometimes alfalfa sprouts, sometimes lettuce, sometimes basil
Grilled chicken in a huge romaine leaf with rooster sauce
Possible Atkins shake and bar if I'm not satisfied

I'm naturally avoiding cheese, though it's one of my favorite foods. I just don't feel like it, so I'm going with it. Or without it, I guess. I'd like to not have the shakes, but I really started to eat less, so I feel it's important for me to keep this up if I'm not getting enough.
Today was bad. Actually, my carbs were right around 20 total, but I didn't eat my eggs and that makes the difference, I think. Protein. OK, got it. Thanks for reading and letting me figure it out.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:19 PM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Struggling with an ovarian cyst so I'm not feeling well. It's really affecting my food intake. I'm not really sure what to do right now, but I think I'm going to slurp some broth. Yesterday I was ravenous and ate early and perfectly, but right after dinner I got this intense pain in my lower left abdomen and it felt like a cyst ruptured. I just feel crappy.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:52 PM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Feeling much better today! I got so NOT hungry the past few days. I didn't want to put any extra anything in my body. Last night for my carb up meal, I ate mashed potatoes and cheerios. Not together. :-) I just needed those comfort foods. I still weigh 150, but my scale kept flashing a lower number, then 150, then back again every time I breathed. I hate wishful thinking. :-)

Today I actually ate LC pasta, which I don't usually do. I also found cassava root chips, and I made a strawberry "smoothie" as my daughter calls them. It's probably about a cup of strawberries and a few cherries, unsweetened and frozen. HWC and SF black cherry jello and a little bit of water. In other words, I ate carbier today than I normally do. However, I was making up for the past few days of hardly being able to eat anything. No weight gain, even after mashed potatoes last night. I guess this means I'll do an OK job of maintaining. Trouble is, I still want to lose. I was telling my dad today that if my carb heavier meal is making me unable to lose, I need to rethink that. I know I need more leafy greens. Gotta work on that. We're supposed to get a snowstorm tomorrow, so I'm hoping I can maybe run to the store early. I might even try to skip church. It's hard, since I live at the church. People tend to notice these things more. :-)
Old 03-24-2013, 07:26 AM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

Dance with me! Virgin weight loss territory! 149.2!
Old 03-26-2013, 07:31 AM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

149. I feel good. Of course, I am home with my sick kiddos, but they seem to be doing well!
Old 03-26-2013, 07:49 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

It's interesting how that cyst seemed to screw up my weight. And I'm not giving up that Friday night splurge at this point. At one point last week with that cyst, I was up to 153. I'm so glad I stuck with it, because it is so easy to get frustrated and give up when you are not only stalled, but gaining, and also feel awful physically. When I feel gross in my belly, I avoid salads. I have found that it's the right mix of things in a bowl that make it easier on me. Otherwise, salads get a little boring.

I'm tracking everything and I don't think I'm totaling 20 carbs a day usually. This whole week I will not reach 20 carbs. I got this craving for eggs that's just insane for me, but I'm going with it. I'm also eating cheese. I know a lot of people stall with it, but since I was kind of maintaining my weight, I decided to try some to see if it helped. Who really knows what has helped me here, but I eat about 1-1.5 oz. of cheese each day now.

I think when we look at weight loss, we want it to happen so fast and the closer we get to goal, it seems to drop at a much slower rate. But basically in the past month I've dropped...3 or 4 pounds? With that cyst, I'd say that's really not that bad. I have 14 pounds until I reach a "healthy" or "normal" BMI. It's within reach. Actually, it's 13 pounds, but 14 puts me a little further into it and is a nice solid number. I may decide to get a little more into that healthy range.

I think that what I'm struggling with is all the sleeveless options for summer. I'm so not ready to wear things like that in public. My body will need a while to heal, I think, after I get down to whatever weight I can maintain. Hopefully my stretch marks will heal some and fade a little. My arms aren't as flabby as they were a few months ago. I'm using as many of my all natural products as I can, and trying to think more about what I'm doing to my insides, my outsides, and the earth. I just want to do better. So I am.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:04 PM   #99
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Phranquie
Stats: 325+/149/125/ (5'-3" & 52 yo)
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: Restart: 7/16/12
Heidi, congrats on getting to a new low weight. 14lbs is so close,,,and to be in a "normal" weight range is a huge deal. Congrats on your success so far.

Regarding your Friday carb splurge, I have high carb portions about twice a week, usually on the weekends. I only eat these when we go out so the portions are limited and this helps me not overeat them. I enjoy them and have made them a part of my ongoing food plan.

Ovarian cysts can be quite painful so you are really doing great to have lost during the time you have had it. I hope the pain diminishes as time goes on. If not do not hesitate to go back to your doc for further testing.

I am dreading the hot weather too. My arms and thighs are in terrible shape and I will be covering them up as no amount of time or exercise will tighten them enough. Luckily you are young and were not so obese that you'll probably have a lot of success with any loose skin you have.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:20 PM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for stopping by and posting! Support is loved in my little heart! I did decide to ease up last Friday and I think it helped. Last week was emotionally draining for me. I switched some things around and I think I'm doing really well. My pain is so much better. I actually had to take a pain killer (narcotic) when it was happening, and I absolutely cannot stand having to give in to meds like that. It was hard for me to do, and actually didn't even help. I was taking Tylenol every four hours for a few days, but now I'm only feeling slightly tender. Thank goodness!

I do feel blessed that my age and genes will hopefully help my body, but I also have years of steroids and anorexia under me. My skin has been all over the map. Battle wounds, I say! I love my body for everything it has been through.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:14 PM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Weight was still the same, but my scale kept doing that thing where it said I'm 148.8, then would jump up right before I got off, even when I thought it had registered.

Home with the never ending saga of sick children. By sick, I mean there's one jumping up and down in her swimsuit on a chair singing pop music. She's 3 and has red hair and is the reason we're all home. So. Obviously I have no idea what game she's playing. I'm supposed to be doing my homework. I really just want to be taking a nap. :/
Old 03-28-2013, 06:27 PM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

End of the day I weighed 149. Does anyone else see how that's weird? Anyone...? Anyone......?

Moving on. Today I ate HORRIBLY! Not off plan, per se. I had bacon. I had broth. Two shakes and two bars. Oh, and a few cassava root chips, which are technically not on Induction. So I guess I wasn't on plan. None of today went according to my plan. I ended up having to drive someone somewhere right when I would have been eating lunch. So, you guessed it: no lunch. Then, of course, got the sick kid call from the school. I work like 55 hours a week or something very close to that. Thursday at 1:00 I get to leave work and do homework until I have to be back at 4:30. I ran to the bank after I took this person where she needed to go, then as I'm sitting in the drive at the bank, I got that call, so homework literally took me 6 or 7 hours between kid demands. I need Saturday. Not that it's going to be easy at all, but I just need to regroup a little. OK, a lot.

I peed all day today and then went and ate bacon so I probably just screwed my tomorrow whoosh. Oh well. It's almost Saturday.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry about your pain and that you had to resort to narcotics especially when it did not work. I am a daily weigher and weigh first thing in the morning. If I weighed at night I would drive myself crazy if I weighed more especially with the big weigh fluctuations I can have during the day. I just ate bacon and avocado, yum, but yup on the sodium and water retention for the morning. Hope your kiddo feels better tomorrow and you can have a more "normal" day.
Phranquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:44 AM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

I found I weigh the least midmorning. I'm only ever home at about 11:00 once a week, so the other days are kind of throw away days as far as what the scale says then. I just like to get an idea. I'm home today later than usual so I'm happy about that. We'll see if the bacon sabotaged me. :-)
Old 03-29-2013, 11:51 AM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

148.8, but I ended up having to leave right after I posted that. I was thinking of changing my higher carb night, or skipping it this week. Then at least I can be home and at my lightest on Saturday mornings. I just don't have any cravings for anything higher carb today. I may as well go with what my body is asking of me! This is new territory for me, though. 148.8. I'm feeling proud and energetic. I'm also anxious for other reasons. It will pass.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:04 PM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

I had about 150 carbs last night. :-) What I've noticed is that I think by not eating things and then suddenly having them on my Friday night "up" night, I may be developing or noticing an intolerance to some foods. It started with peanut butter a few weeks ago. I had eaten a spoon of it one evening as a snack. Five years ago after I had my son, I was eating a lot of peanut butter. My mouth would get canker sores any time I ate peanut butter for anywhere between 6 and 9 months. Then it went away. I would randomly eat a little bit to see what happened. It wasn't causing me breathing difficulties, so I just watched it. No other problems until this one spoonful. My tongue felt swollen and my skin got itchy. I ate ice cream last night. I rarely eat ice cream anyway, but last night immediately following a half cup of ice cream, my skin began to itch all over. So strange. Anyway, I don't remember my weight this am. 149.6 maybe? Maybe 150? Makes sense after my up night. My body hurts today though. I keep saying maybe I'll move it or cut it out completely, but I don't. I have all this willpower the rest of the time.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:45 PM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

Maybe I will start keeping track of my menu. It could possibly help me? Anyway...

Atkins shake-vanilla
Cheese
Salad-cheese, lettuce, meat, ranch
2 eggs, cheese, baconbaconbacon
Strawberry smoothie-it got hijacked by my kidlet though
Old 03-31-2013, 06:49 PM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

Trillex made me think about sizes, because I don't actually feel as though I'm dropping much. HOWEVER, I think I'm just trying to wear the heck out of my favorite jeans before I leave them in the dust. I'm non-stop hiking them up, and I couldn't squeeze into them until the third week of January. Trillex was mentioning it feels as though it takes her longer to get down to the next size. I'm pretty short, and I really think it's 10 pound drops that send me to the next size. This is making me wonder where I will be next, if it rings true.

I bought a size 20 when I was somewhere around 201. It was right then I decided to do Atkins.
SO...
180...16 This is all true so far
170...14 Yup
160...12 (I actually think I skipped this-maybe my 10's are really stretchy or I just hit a different season or something)
140...8 (I'm wearing an 8 or two now at 148, or a medium, and one 10)
SO...
130...should be a 6 (though I think it was last fall I wore a 6 at 149...could be the brand)
120...should be a 4
110...should be a 2
100...should be 0

NOT that I'll be doing THAT. I was just curious. And Trillex also inspired me to try on the clothes I've shrunk out of. If I have any. I pretty much gave away a bunch. All of the biggest ones, for sure.

Oh, Happy Easter or whatever you're celebrating today!
Old 03-31-2013, 06:56 PM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, also. I just ate a tiny bit of peanut butter. My face is tingling and skin itches. Breathing is not an issue...
Old 04-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

So I'm struggling today. Big fat cravings. I'm doing fine and staying on track. Probably gearing up for TOM. It's been hard to deal with the past few months-the cravings. I can do this. I can do this.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:25 PM   #111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I tend to stall if I eat more than a few nuts so I limit them. Sounds like you might becoming allergic to them if your skin is reacting.

Sizes are crazy for me right now. I am 185 and am firmly in size 14 but will fit into some 12's and some 16's. I cannot count on going my any size as they seem to vary so widely. Right now I think my goal is 125 but I'll know more once I get there. I have done one of those body frame calculators where you measure your wrist and on every one it says I am "large" framed. So I have no idea what I will look like at 125 but in my mind a size 6 would be nice.

I definitely log all my food. It does help me see if there are any subtle changes in my eating and if my loss slows I can go back and look at the stats.
Phranquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:54 PM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

That's true. Trillex was saying how she had 3 skirts from the same place-same brand, and they all fit (or don't yet fit) differently. All the same size. I wish sizes were consistent within brands, but also I just bought some things online. A few different store, one medium is almost way too big. One medium I can fit into but it's not pretty, and the other medium I'm not in yet. The last two are the exact same skirt in two different colors. Especially when those size charts tell me what size to buy and I picked based upon that. Something isn't right! Oh well, I guess it will give me something to be proud about when I finally fit in them. After I lose 20 more pounds.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:46 AM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMacB
Stats: 275/185/160
WOE: Modified Atkins/general low carb
Start Date: Feb 2012
Loved reading your blog and getting caught up with you. I'm in a non-stop stall that I'm sure is self-induced at this point, but getting frustrating.

And sizes! WOE is how I feel about shopping for clothes. I'm in this strange place where I will try on a shirt from the "normal" section in an XL and it's waaaaaay too small. So I go to plus sizes and get the smallest and it falls off my shoulders. There is no in-between! I just don't want to go back to Lane Bryant ever ever ever to shop.

In the past three months I'm not down any weight at all, but my clothes are falling off me. I can look in the mirror and see my body shape is changing, and I just ordered some smaller clothes. We'll see. I mainly need some short sleeved shirts since I believe winter is leaving us finally.
JMacB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:02 PM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Stalls are indeed frustrating! They are better than gains, I suppose. I wish you the best. Thank you for stopping by!
Old 04-02-2013, 05:38 PM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

Last week in my lunches I was eating a hard boiled egg. The week before: two. Now, none, so I made sure I packed a little meat in there.

.75 c. romaine lettuce
2 grams pea shoots (not really on Induction but so similar to other things on there)
one to two cherry tomatoes
7 strips bell peppers
about .5 ounces to 1 ounce deli chicken
One ounce swiss cheese

I had an Atkins shake this morning, think I may have another in a minute. Maybe I will fight that and try to skip the urge. I had a Diet Coke and coffee with hwc and scrambled eggs with 5 meatballs and 2 very thin slices of cheese for dinner. And that's my day thus far. Oh, no. Pork rinds this afternoon, too.

My carb tracker puts me at 13.5 carbs today. My fat is 61%, protein is 33% and carbs are 6%. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I cannot remember what I'm "supposed" to aim for! I may go ahead with the shake. We'll see. I don't want to stall because I'm not getting enough something. Help?
I think that's it in my salad. Last week I used basil paste. I think I'm over that. It was yummy plain.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

Today I said I had to use the restroom again to a co-worker and that maybe tomorrow I would lose a little weight. She told me I need to stop with the weight loss. Then she said I need to start working out. I have two very active jobs. Counting only my job that is about 12-16 hours each week, I burn more calories than I consume. My other job is active as well, but there is about one hour where my work is seated-still working and active though. I haven't even counted any of those activities. It's really about strength and constantly moving. I can feel my abs working. No, I'm not (usually) running or swimming, but I am definitely burning calories and working muscles and kicking up a sweat. I have to shower at the end of the day, it's that bad. I work 50-60 hours a week and have two small children. I am active in volunteer activities. I am a full time student. When the heck am I meant to work out? I am not sedentary by any means, but I don't really have time to do much at all and the last time I was working out 30 minutes a day, I wound up in the hospital. I love this woman dearly, and I think she has my best interest at heart. She is like a mom to me, for real. I feel as though I need to justify myself to her but at the same time I think I should probably just not say things about weight loss to her. She has a daughter with a disordered eating past. She is thinking of that. I mentioned my weight yesterday was the same as it was a month ago. Water retention, no doubt. I know because I'm not eating differently other than some bacon the other day. I'm not worried. Like, at all. I look up to her but don't know if I need to show her everything I eat or keep everything from her. Like I said, she's like my mom. I'm over thinking this.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:12 AM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

148.2 and I think I'll be ok weighing on Thursdays.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

No Atkins shake this morning.
Coffee with hwc and liquid as
pea shoots, romaine lettuce, deli chicken, two cherry tomatoes, sugar snap peas, swiss cheese
pork rinds
pizza toppings (cheese, meat, veggies, little sauce)

I will most likely have an Atkins bar and shake later.

Oh, and I had a Diet Coke. I've been doing this and it's been quenching something I'm apparently looking for. Also lots and lots of water.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:52 PM   #119
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: meganmac
Stats: 219/???/160
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 5, 2013
Popping in to say hi! You're in the 140s! That's amazing. I'll join you there in a 6 months
meganmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:38 PM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

It feels slow sometimes, but I guess it will be worth it. I'm already able to play and WANT to play more with my kids. I love that.