bacon bit is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2011, 06:30 PM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
I think I'm going to have to take myself back to where I was eating in May. I'm maintaining nicely, but allowing more sugars in. My face is showing it. I'm tired of spending so much time layering on my make-up. Yuck. It doesn't even help cover it all up sometimes. I have a personal checklist of things I need to get done. I am taking this week to actually DO it all. So there.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:25 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

149.6!!!
Old 01-08-2012, 04:13 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

I've been reading every day (or nearly every day) but haven't been posting much at all. I've maintained my weight up until last week, when suddenly my PCOS crept back up and hormones shifted. I weigh every single day so it didn't take long for me to realize what was happening. SO, I've gone back to cutting out the carbs a little bit more carefully than usual. It started one day last week. I was with my mom and without kids so we decided we could eat anywhere we wanted. I told her I need to be "good". Actually, she said the word good, I said I need to focus on reducing those sugars. I've already gone back down at least three pounds. Today begins day four of me being more strict. I'm starting the day out swollen though and I was up all night.

I know you know what I'm talking about when I say I am already feeling better. Sugar hurts my stomach. And while I wasn't going completely bonkers with it, it's definitely hard to control. The belly bloat is disappearing.

Anyway, I'm going to write my paper for this class today-right now-because I am sure I will be crashing early tonight. I'm back to work tomorrow after being off for a few weeks. I think that didn't help with the sudden gain. I much prefer the schedule I have when working both jobs.

Read me
And also...
Old 01-08-2012, 05:03 AM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Make that four pounds down. And a half.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:38 PM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
Sugar makes my stomach hurt too, Jen. It is rarely worth it.
privatediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:11 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

When I weighed this am, the scale showed 148.6. I don't believe it though. I weighed again and it kept giving me different numbers, up to 152? I'm not stressed about the 152 because it's in my range of where I feel OK, it's just that the 148 made me happy for a second. I don't think I've seen that number yet. I'm doing OK. I've been on this anti-biotic and haven't been hungry at all, plus work is really irritating me lately and issues with the ex and my car is experiencing PMS today. I'm approaching my angel daughter's birthday, which is always hard. Hard to celebrate or really even function on days like that. Just to clarify, I'm not depressed all year. Just leading up to hard days like this one. Anyway, lack of appetite. When I do eat, I eat healthy and mostly lc, but sometimes I have to eat what I've got, and that isn't lc. Makes for a lot of maintaining. Hoping that in the next two weeks, I get a little tax relief. But who knows.
Yowza, I sound down today and I'm really not!
Old 01-28-2012, 12:08 PM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
You're doing so well!
privatediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:52 AM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

I decided for Lent to take on more activity. I'm giving up something, too, but this is the thing I will take on. I decided the first day to just give it two minutes on my elliptical. I wanted to die after 30 seconds. I really did. But, I figured I'm maintaining my weight and really do want to lose more. If I'm not going to change the way I eat any time soon (shown in the 3 months of maintenance), I should probably be doing something to get rid of more weight. I always feel so good when I workout. It does take a while. But hopefully I will be able to devote more time to it and get back into it. I thought if I can get on for two minutes, I could add a minute a day and be happy. Day one, I did it. Day two I forgot, completely, but I mopped a major amount of floors in the church. Day three, I wasn't hope long enough, so I decided to put my feet up in the air and fly some children on them. My legs hurt today. They didn't hurt after getting on my elliptical. So...whatever that says about it.

I just feel good today. Like, I feel like my weight is at this place. Still. And I'm happy about that. I do more fasting than low carbing now. But when I eat, I eat low carb about 1/2 the time. I try not to go overboard, but can I please just say, "Damn you, Girl Scout cookies!!!"
Old 02-25-2012, 11:41 AM   #70
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Love you, Heidi. Good to see you here.

I'm a big believer in the value of taking something UP for Lent. Good for you.
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:20 PM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

So...I had an ovarian cyst rupture after my last post. I had been having big PCOS issues, so the way I got a three month+ AF was to take 3 bc pills. I haven't seen AF since then. However, I shot up to 160. I also had the flu, which is when this gain happened? Though, I feel incredibly swollen. I'm thinking all of the soup I ingested is just still biting me in the...scale...

Anyway, so I fluctuated between 149-155 on any given day. Now I'm just mad. I was unable to work out during the flu-kids also got it. But today I finally felt well enough to get back to it. So I spent some time stretching and I think about 25 min on my elliptical. It's something. I'm trying to focus on eating lc things. I'm struggling, quite honestly. I was dating this guy and I think he has some control issues. It's taken me stepping back to look at some red flags to realize I think he was controlling my food intake. Very long story. I just need to get my control back.

I've been thinking about other diet plans, and actually researching diet pills. :-P I started reading all of these scary things about these diet pills, which is when I decided I just need to start praying. Since I'm just getting back to working out, maybe I need to give that some time and see where it takes me. I wish there was a lc weight loss meal plan where I could just go order meals and it would all be controlled for me...oddly like that guy I was seeing...only lc and I'd be the one in control...
Old 03-15-2012, 06:30 PM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Well I got up to 162. I decided to go forward working out, do mostly low carb, but I eat Cheerio's at night. I don't know, it's baby steps. But then, I took water pills, too. Well, today I lost 3 pounds. Yesterday, one. So I'm at 158. I'm going to keep on like I have been. And we shall see. That loss today came with less belly bloat. I stocked up on some protein go-to's and I'm ready. Just ready.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:17 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

I haven't posted here in a while. I haven't weighed myself, but was shocked a little bit when I realized my size 8 jeans from spring still fit me. I thought I had gained weight (those steroid pounds didn't budge for a while), but it seems more like I've maintained. When I wore these last I was 155ish. I've been lc pretty steadily for three weeks. I got sick last week and had two meals of comfort food. I shouldn't do that. I should just not eat. It always messes up my momento. I've been good for far today. Pretty good. I'm not sure why I'm wearing such a huge range of sizes right now, but those jeans made my day. I guess my biggest summer clothes WERE hanging off of me. I even had a friend comment the other day that I needed to buy something to show off my ass, which just showed me I was doing the opposite. Anyway, I'm alive. I'm kicking.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:53 PM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, I guess I've been busy. Working about 50-60 hours a week does that to a girl. Plus school. Plus my crazy children. :-) I'm at 152 and I went straight back to induction after Christmas and did I think three weeks of pure Induction. I decided to experiment and eat something higher carb on one evening. I did fine and waited a whole week before doing it again. I've worked my way up to doing this one evening a week and I also don't fret on those holidays where something different just sounds good. At this pace, I am still losing a pound or two a week. I didn't weigh myself before I went back to Induction, but my pants really were starting to get ugly on me. I lost all that puff in the beginning, and was shocked I still lost after carbing up once a week. Really, I try to balance what I'm eating on those up carbbed meals or desserts. So, I might eat chicken and rice together, or very thin crust pizza, or just eat the toppings. Otherwise it's Induction plus peanut butter and very occasionally I'll do low carb pasta. I don't experience problems aside from the days following my (angel) daughter's birthday. I ate a donut and several crackers, then a regular dinner and a cupcake. I carbbed up on Shrove Tuesday and Valentine's Day with my kids-though I still tried to eat equal amounts carbs and proteins. This is working for me. I will not say it has been easy for me because it's never easy. I just feel good and Friday nights give me something to look forward to.
I am also making my own products. Lip Balm, Make-Up, Conditioner, Body Butter, things like that. All natural. My skin feels amazing, my hair feels amazing, my thighs feel amazing! So smooth! I'm sick right now. A really really REALLY gross cold. Could be worse!
Old 02-24-2013, 07:43 PM   #75
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow! 152 is great! Unlike me, you're not WEARING your holiday excesses!

hope and your kids are doing well. You sound good (and the avatar is beautiful!)
Old 02-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you so much! I haven't weighed in a few days and I'm hoping it's at least a little bit lower...aren't we all? :-) My kids are great. I just registered Rowan for Kindergarten, and Ellie is as red-headed as ever! She's happy just as long as she can sing.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:39 PM   #77
Blabbermouth!!!

My kind of kid!
Old 02-26-2013, 01:02 PM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

I know she drives me nuts because I was the exact same kind of child. Annie was my musical of choice. I showed it to my kids one day recently and they were shocked that I knew every single word in the movie, and sang all these songs. Ellie sang, "It's a Hard Knock Life" while I was potty training her. :-D
Old 02-26-2013, 08:31 PM   #79
Blabbermouth!!!

LOVE it! This totally gets me in the mood to go teach my second graders tomorrow!
Old 03-02-2013, 07:13 PM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

I need to find a new day to weigh. I am exactly the same as last time I weighed, but Friday nights I carb up. I may try again tomorrow or maybe Monday morning. I stopped weighing myself because my work schedule shifted and now I have to be there at 6:30 am. Luckily, I live where I work, so it's a quick walk across the lot, but it's still stupidly early and I found long ago that I weigh the least around 9:30 am. I guess I could take my scale to work and strip down every morning around 9:30, but there's something really weird just thinking about being naked in a church.

For some reason a few days ago my hormones shifted. I haven't been eating salads like I usually do, and have been relying on mainly meats and a few fresh veggies during the day, then meat and even less fresh veggies at dinner, so I'm screwing up all over the place. Now screwing up, just not eating the Induction way, and since I want to lose weight, I am headed back that way this week. I have had limited time the past two weeks to go grocery shopping, so I have sent my ex along with the kids to the store. Well, today I fixed that and went myself. Hopefully that will help me do better this week.

I had a really awful week last week. I try to be cheerful. No, actually, I don't. I'm naturally cheerful. I'm naturally happy and I try to spread it through humor. Last week I had to force it upon myself and it was hard work. I got one bit of bad news after another. This week is going to be emotionally rough.

I think I have shared before that I was anorexic in my past. I get to a point in my weight loss where I notice I am trying to control too much. At the same time, I still want to lose weight. SO, what I've done is I spoke with one of my co-workers (her daughter had an eating disorder) and she's keeping me in check. I show her everything I eat and especially the protein. She considers me healthy, which is really interesting, since I fight so hard to eat the way I do. But it's good to be an example. I think many people will go on a "diet" and eat the foods they are "allowed", but aren't really knowledgeable in why it works. I feel educated in my food plan, but have a hard time accepting compliments-part of the eating disorder. I don't really understand it, but I have my co-worker keeping me in check, along with another friend who said he'd keep me in check, but really hasn't until late at night when he remembers he forgot to ask all day lol I love my friends. I wish I did have more support from someone who gets this, but it's kind of one of those things that people don't really discuss until someone else brings it up, which is how I know about my co-workers daughter. I did some research recently about eating disorders and discovered I'm still suffering. So I talked to the co-worker and told her I need to recognize food as fuel and not as the enemy or anything else, and I need to eat three times a day. I started drinking a protein shake during the day to make sure I'm getting what I need. My body feels good. My stamina is good. I'm looking forward!
Old 03-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

OK, so I weighed today and I'm 151, so that's something! I'm still pushing through without any serious cravings, though I really think having a cheat meal each week helps me a great deal. My weeks fly by so fast that they creep up on me, and when I crave something, I just have to think about how long I have until my cheat meal. I feel good. I'm so close to my lowest weight, but my body hasn't quite caught up yet. I know my weight will plateau most likely and my shape will change, but I would really love to lose three more pounds so I can be in that virgin weight territory. Anyway, that's where I'm at!
Old 03-07-2013, 05:17 PM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Strangest thing I've thought today: I think I've lost weight in my armpits.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:23 PM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

I can't seem to find the right time to weigh, but I know I'm losing. So, I get on the scale and I laugh when it's the end of the day and it's saying I'm 151, because I know at the right moment I very likely weigh less than I have before. I just have to find that moment! :-) And when I do it will be so good.

The inner conversations are rough. I find a moment of weakness when I am stressed and nothing sounds better than potatoes. I am SO QUICKLY able to stop myself and do my countdown until Friday after work. I don't know why my self control has been so good this time. I guess I must really want it bad.

I work with a girl on Tuesdays and Thursdays and she asked if I had dropped like 20 pounds over the weekend haha! It just shows me while the scale hasn't moved so much in the past few weeks, my body is still trying to catch up, or slim down. I had another 4 people comment yesterday on my loss, too.

The only thing is, is that I'm so cold! Well yesterday I was so grossly hot for some reason, but today I am freezing, and this is like most days. I don't mind because normally I am ungodly warm and sweaty. Yesterday felt like the old days of yuck. Today in a 20 minute time span, three people asked if I was mad at them. I was like no I'm just trying to stay warm! It wasn't crazy cold outside, either. Maybe 40? Either way: a little frustrating, but I am OK with it, all things considered. Proud to be cold!

Anyway, tomorrow morning may be it, but who knows if I'll have time to weigh (at the right time)?! No worries, I'm happy and I'm healthy and I'm kicking low carb ass.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:25 PM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

I weighed at the worst time: end of day and worse yet it was right after dinner. Needless to say, I was 151. SO, having all of that information, I'm positive I'm down at least 2-3 more pounds. I can't wait to see that on the scale! Woohoo! High fiving myself. Feel free to join in!

Oh, also, tonight I made brussels sprouts on the stove, then added a little salt and pepper, then put them in the food processor with a scoop of butter and some heavy cream and a few thin slices of asiago cheese and whooooooa that was the yum!
Old 03-14-2013, 11:51 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

My battery flashed 148 at me before it died. :-( So who knows?

I have started drinking Atkins shakes, because otherwise I get hungry at night, and I started drinking one in the morning as well because otherwise I won't eat breakfast. I have to watch these things or I will go in a bad way. I may need to head all the way back to Induction if I want to see that scale move in a downward direction. Although that will never happen if I don't replace that battery. :-) OK, so here's what I'm eating:
Breakfast: Shake, then coffee with hwc
Lunch: 2 eggs, peppers, sugar snap peas, celery, and tomato
Dinner: Salad and meat or just meat with a few veggies
Snack: Shake and occasionally an Atkins bar if I'm feeling like I need something, or I might have peanut butter
When I log on my tracker, I'm around Induction level carbs. So, I guess I'm doing OK.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:57 PM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

New battery after I ate (up in the air as to whether or not this would change my weight), and 150 even.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:26 PM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

I don't remember if I was 150 or 151 this morning, but last night was my way carbby meal for the week. So once again I still have no idea how much I weigh. I'm down at least 2 pounds this month though, which I'm content with. My body is changing shape and I'm excited with where it's going. I am experiencing strong willpower but also I have a headache today. I'm never likely to take anything for it. :-) I will before bed if it's bad.

OK, I guess that's no update, really. :-) I'm good!
Old 03-17-2013, 04:07 PM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

150. Of course. I'm so cold. I'm drinking way too much coffee and not nearly enough water. I started replacing my first cup of coffee with a protein shake. Or, starting with a shake instead of coffee. Then I drink coffee and at 1:00 I drink 20 oz of water. I have about 20 oz more between 5:00 and 9:30. I hate to buy bottled water, but it seems like the best way to stay hydrated. Maybe I'll invest in a home water cooler or something so I can keep refilling the bottles. I'm so tense because I'm so cold. Also, I was really hoping this guy was going to ask me out and he didn't and tomorrow is the anniversary of my sons death so I'm a wee bummed and trying hard to be normal.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:06 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Reta
Stats: 182.8 / 177.4 / 125
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Every morning
Heidi, you are already normal. It's normal to feel sad when those types of anniversary's come. It's okay to grieve, remember them, rejoice for the time you had and then move on from there. It is a normal process.

...and if you really like the guy, ask him out.

Thanks for stopping by my journal.
Reta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:08 AM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Reta! I think I might just have to do that, though I may have to stalk him a little bit in order to actually talk with him again. :-)