LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2011, 04:31 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michellew67
Stats: 282/274.2/200 5'3" 44yrs
WOE: Atkinsish/general Low Carb High Protein
Start Date: 13th June 2011 - restart 28th June
Battle of the Bulge - My story

My first post so I hope its not too boring. I started to gain weight at a drastic rate when I started to work 12 hour shifts both days and nights. Never having time or energy to cook wholesome meals having 2 children at home too. Take away food seems to easier and more convenient.

Oh how I am suffering today for it. I started Low Carb eating 13th June 2011 and up until 24th July I lost 20lbs. I feel it was a bit of a struggle as during this time i suffered with TOM and feel my weight fluctuated due to water retention.

I have to put that at the back of my mind and live with it I guess. On 25th July my daughter got married and for a whole week i have been of my eating plan. Having family travel and wanting to eat out..fish and chips at the fair was on the agenda. On Sunday 30th July we travelled to Liverpool for the day and ended up eating chinese. So because of this eating, apart from the acid reflux, bad stomach, headaches and feeling lethargic I have gained 7lbs.

Not too worry I say to myself as I will battle to lose this and more, in my 'Battle of the Bulge'. I am totally motivated and plan on losing a total of 40lbs by Christmas,. Its do-able if I stick with it.

A couple of photos i took in the beginning. just for inspiration to keep going.

First mini Goal reached : 262 20th Aug.
Second Goal reached : 252 1st October.

restarted 28th June 274.2lbs
michellew67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2011, 06:14 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: 219/142/145 (5'7") age 56
WOE: HCG vlcd 1 April 2, 2014
Start Date: April 1, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellew67 View Post
Not too worry I say to myself as I will battle to lose this and more, in my 'Battle of the Bulge'. I am totally motivated and plan on losing a total of 40lbs by Christmas,. Its do-able if I stick with it.
Hi Michelle! You have a great attitude, you will be 40 pounds lighter by the Christmas! We are here to support you on your journey!
Izzysdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:40 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Hi Michelle! Your 40 lb goal for Christmas is certainly doable. I'll be cheering you on, can't wait to see progress pics as you go. Congrat's to your daughter on her wedding. Best of luck to you on your journey. You can do this!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:46 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

well, my first day back on the diet plan went well up until 7pm last night, hubby and myself went out for a meal and a bottle of wine.

I got on the scales this morning and found i have lost 1/2 lb..oh well its better off than on. This morning I have woken with the worlds biggest headache ( i had it yesterday too ) and blocked sinuses. I have felt this hanging on me for a couple of days. I hope it doesnt last long, I hate headaches as it is.

My plans for today are to get back with it, I have just ate a 2 slice bacon/3 egg omelette cooked in butter with 30gms of cheese, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I am planning on a plain salad for lunch, followed by chicken and veggies for dinner.

I bought the new Zumba game for the Wii yesterday and it looks fun, so may just give that a go, once my headache subsides that is.

Thanks for the support and welcome to my journal to you both.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:01 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Well, this week isnt going too good so far. Every day I wake up and have good intentions to stick with the plan. Tuesday, hubby suggested a night out..we ended up going for a curry. Wednesday, I stuck to the induction all day and ended up with a greasy kebab...only cos I had no salad or veg in..today, i have had my bacon and eggs for breakfast, and am firmly saying no to anything other than meat and veg...I am sick of trying to get back into it, and feel I am just letting myself down
Old 08-04-2011, 08:50 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
You CAN do this Michelle. You have to decide what you want more, the other foods that you know won't help you lose, or, to see yourself at your goal of 40lbs lighter? Your goal is SO doable if you work your plan!! C'mon girly I know you want it, so go for it! Set yourself up to WIN! I can COMPLETELY understand though, I have struggles everyday here and it's not going to get any easier. I had a handful of french fries last night and not very good ones either. Dummy me still ate them tho and then afterwards decided that hey, those didn't taste all that great. Oye! So today I begin again and keep trudging along. We both deserve this don't we?? Then I say its about time we both start acting like it!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:02 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellew67 View Post
Well, this week isnt going too good so far. Every day I wake up and have good intentions to stick with the plan. Tuesday, hubby suggested a night out..we ended up going for a curry. Wednesday, I stuck to the induction all day and ended up with a greasy kebab...only cos I had no salad or veg in..today, i have had my bacon and eggs for breakfast, and am firmly saying no to anything other than meat and veg...I am sick of trying to get back into it, and feel I am just letting myself down
Hi Michelle, I know it's hard to eat out when starting over. I'm on day 5 and don't trust myself to go out to eat yet. I live alone (well, a room mate that doesn't count) and have much more control over my eating environment. I can't imagine carb cooking for others on a daily basis. Is your husband understanding of your woe? Could he forgo the eating out temporarily to help you out? Would that help you?
Just throwing out some random thoughts here.
Hang in there, you can do it!
Old 08-07-2011, 06:30 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Well, been back on plan since Tuesday, although the last day has been at 100%, I am still losing, its averaging a quarter of a pound a day, I dont mind that at all, its 3lbs a week. I am also on nights and last time I was on nights I didnt do much weight loss wise, so I am not building my hopes up for much for the next 4 days.

I really do need to get back to the gym, Its been 3 weeks since I was last there. :blush:. Night shift is difficult to get there as the fatigue is greater than the need to exercise.

I cant wait to get back to my 20lbs weight loss then I can really start to see the weight drop off, I am working hard at it. Sticking to my eggs, bacon, cheese and plenty of water.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:22 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Woohoo on being back on plan Michelle!
Old 08-10-2011, 03:06 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

DOMS

This week has been a very hard week, I have stuck with my plan, but decided to try out a fitness boot camp, It was a free taster session. There was alot of lunges, burpees, squats, press up, bicep push ups..etc I think you know what I am talking about,.

Well Monday i started it, by Tuesday I was suffering DOMS really bad, I couldnt move, couldnt walk, sit, stand..even lying in bed was difficult.

I soldered on through work, yesterday I bought some ibrofen gel..it was marvelous, I put it all over my body..there wasnt much left that wasnt painful, even the muscles in my feet where hurting.

Anyways, I intended to go along to the class today to let them know i wasnt going to join...and guess what!! ended up doing the bloody class..

Unfortunately I cant join just yet, I am not financially in the position to be able to..but I am hoping one day i will be able to join, The boot camp is quite expensive, and hubby and myself are already members of a gym.

So here's to another 3-4 days of DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness).:blush:
Old 08-10-2011, 07:06 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, Michelle! YOU GO GIRL!!!!
Old 08-13-2011, 02:00 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

I had a little set back with the exercise this week, even though i was crippled with DOMS I did go to my second class, then the third class on friday morning was even more challenging, I hurt my sciatic nerve...yes my sciatica had flared right up. I had to make an emergency appointment to get some really strong painkillers.

I wanted to start back at the gym today but i feel that is out the question because of the sciatica. Even though your told to keep moving...its so painful.

On the positive note, i am only 1lb from getting back to 20lbs loss..its been 2 weeks since I went back onto plan (had 2 weeks off as on leave from work and daughters wedding) and I gained 7lbs in the 2 weeks, I have lost 6lbs of it..so I am really pleased about that......roll on my next 20lbs.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:28 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rice paddie
Stats: 259/200/155
WOE: a little of this plan, a little of that plan...
Start Date: 6/4/11
Hi Michelle - just stopping by to check in on you and lend my support. Sounds like the pounds are continuing to come off. I'm sorry to hear that the boot camp set you back with physical pain. Exercise has been a double-edged sword for me. I know that I should be exercising and want to really bust my butt at working out but I also know that my body can't keep up with what my mind thinks it can so I've been trying to be careful about what kind of workouts I do. My biggest fear is that I'm going to try to go all out with the exercise and end up hurting myself and not being able to do anything for a while. I guess I'd rather take it slow and steady as opposed to jeopardizing my weight loss by having injuring myself. I ride my bicycle about 30 minutes a day and then I also do a Jillian Michaels workout video in the evening after work. I love the JM video because she shows alternative variations to some of the moves for those of us who maybe aren't quite as physically fit.

Anyway - just wanted to stop by and tell you that I was thinking of you....take care!

Follow my weight loss journal of random musings here
rice paddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:55 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: slh72454
Stats: 310/225/170
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart August 20th 2012
Wanted to stop in and say hello Michelle! You are doing great, keep up the hard work and you will meet your goals in no time!
slh72454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:21 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Sunday 21st August 2011

I am not doing too good at all this week, my emotions are all over the place. I have been accused of writing something on FB, which I know I havent, I have even gotten a colleague from work to check it and she said I hadnt. I think the person accusing was looking for an excuse to delete me as a friend, as I wasnt following her WOE and she couldnt change me.

Anyways, on a happier note, I hit my mini target on 20th August I got back to 262lbs. Today is Sunday and my weigh in day. I weighed in at 261lbs. I have been so tempted to drift of plan and gorge on all kinds of crappy stuff to end my unhappy feelings. But I have got on with it, and carried on plan, and its payed off.....I have done alot of baking this week too. Its all in the freezer and all delicious snacks.

I have an appointment to see a weight management psychologist on 26th Sept and I am hoping to be down to at least 255lbs or even 250lbs. So hard work is needed and hard work I shall do. I have a holiday booked for October for a week in Corfu and I am really looking forward to going. All positives I have to focus on to keep me going.

Old 08-21-2011, 11:37 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Hi Michelle -

I'm sorry you've been struggling. I know how hard it can be to stay on plan when you have stressors in your life. Hang in there, girl - you're doing great!

Take care,

D
Old 08-23-2011, 04:03 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Very sorry to hear about your struggles Michelle. People can just be idiots sometimes, but don't let that get you down. That person is totally not worth it and you'll be all the better for not letting it derail you from your goals!
Old 08-23-2011, 06:00 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

aww Thanks everyone, I surely couldnt and wouldnt do this without your help, You are all truely and inspiration to me...

I havent been up to much the past couple of days, TOM is well and truely here and very often outstays his welcome, I am hoping TOM will be gone in the next couple of days, so I can get on with some real weight loss.

I cycled to work yesterday, I didnt go hell for leather on my bike, as I didnt want to over tire myself out as I only had 8 hours rest before my journey home...mostly uphill, and at midnight.

I didnt do too bad my full round trip was 5.8 miles done in 46 mins..(went the coastal route, lots of visitors today as weather was good at the seafront. Got held up alot as they were walking in the cycle path). Most of all I burned 428 calories doing it. Its a little drizzly today but not going to let that stop me. I will be off around 15:00 hrs.

I have had a re think at my weekly plan and added a few extra carbs in, I am finding I am exhausted doing my exercises especially at the gym. A little fruit..ie berries to be precise. So hopefully that will work. I just had my lunch of mince (ground beef) fried off in a little olive oil and onions, with carrots, peas and brocolli...I so love this plan. More to the point it loves me!!

Last edited by michellew67; 08-23-2011 at 06:02 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 08-24-2011, 04:52 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've been working out alot more of late and I find that if I skip meals or don't eat a whole lot that I get light headed and dizzy while on the machines, plus ************ app tells me I'm eating too few calories. I always have to make sure I have two meals in me before doing any exercise. Have you tried that? It might not be a matter of upping the carbs, just having more meals before doing anything.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:13 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Funny you should say that. Yesterday whilst I was waiting to go to work, I ate my lunch...the sky turned grey. It was around 14:10 I thought I would go to the gym for half an hour instead of cycling to work, 1) cant find water proofs and didnt want to sit at work with wet briefs on..lol 2) I would have to cycle home at midnight too.

I got to the gym 14:35 and only did cardio, I came of the machines at 15:15 as I was at work for 15:45...and I felt great, I often get dizzy....or woozy not sure what the difference is..but i often get like this when I am exercising, and yesterday afte my lunch, I know its not advisable to exercise until after an hour after eating. My lunch wasnt a heavy meal...mix veg and mince.

Maybe thats my problem too Seth..

Thanks for that tip. I will try that again.

Last edited by michellew67; 08-24-2011 at 05:14 AM.. Reason: sp
Old 08-24-2011, 11:44 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

I agree with Seth. I used to have problems with dizziness/light-headedness during and after my workouts but then someone suggested that I eat a little protein about an hour before I work out and it really seemed to help. Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 08-27-2011, 05:04 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Well its Sat night/Sun morn and my weekly weigh in is in the morning, I weigh daily but I only really record what my weight is on a Sunday. So far I am averaging a weight loss of 2lbs a week. Looking at my daily weights over the past week I think I have only lost a pound or half..It is TOM week and last time I gained more than lost, so had to meat\egg fast for 4 days to recover...which worked.

I havent had my calories or even carbs today, its been one of those days and i have been really busy. I had breakfast, then dropped hubby off at work but i took lunch with me, i had to go to my mothers to use her washing machine as mine is broken for now, waiting to have it repaired. So three loads later I got home for 9pm and at 10pm my daughter rang for a lift home, I never got home till after midnight..my dinner is still in the fridge, Hurray for lemon poppy seed muffins, at least i gained a few calories eating one of those.

I bought two new tops today one a 24 and the other a 22..I couldnt believe it the 24 which i wore to my mothers..was too big, i never noticed; my mother pointed that out to me. I tried the 22 on and it fit. I was a 26 when I started the plan..so am feeling a little on cloud 9 at the moment. The 22 is a little tight on my hips but its wearable. I will have photos taken with it on...tomorrow maybe!

Well thats my entry for today, as I am off tomorrow i have had an extremely late night so off to bed soon...sleep tight everyone, and hoping you are all safe in the sight of Irene and it doesnt devastate too much. Stay safe
Old 08-28-2011, 04:57 AM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So happy to hear about the clothing changes! Non-scale victories are awesome and sometimes even better than seeing a certain number on the scales. You are doing great, just continue the hard work!
Old 08-28-2011, 11:48 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

I know life gets hectic at time but make sure to try and get your meals in on a regular basis. I don't know about you but my metabolism gets all out of whack when I accidentally miss meals so it just makes the weight loss process that much more difficult. It sounds like you're doing great overall though so KUTGW!
Old 08-29-2011, 08:25 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

photo update

I thought I would have some photos taken today as the ones at the introduction to my Journal were taken 20th July. I have noticed that there is only 5lbs difference in weight loss. I can see a small difference. Its a shame I gained 7lbs when I took a week off the plan, but I did learn an important lesson, even if I take a week or two off try and not eat or drink everything in sight. My punishment was having to wait 2 weeks to get that 7lbs off before I could start to lose less than what my lowest weight was when I went off plan. I hope that all made sense.

So here goes, the photos were taken with different cameras, so the compostition is slightly different, I must get my Canon back from my daughter for next month to get the images the same height and width.

The first one in both sequence was taken 20th July, the second one today 29th Aug..

My husband seems to think I am leaning forward in the second picture, but I think its my posture..I can see the difference in my backside and stomach, I also have boobs back. On the first lot of pictures my t-shirt is looser in todays photo than it was back in July. I know its only 5lbs difference, but I have worked out alot and used my bike too. I think the small difference is my body shape and not so much the weight difference.

Looking forward to next month when I take them to see what diffences there are.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:33 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Ignore the date on the first (sideways) photo, its meant to be 20th July 2011..thanks
Old 08-29-2011, 12:20 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

I can totally see a difference just with the 5lbs. You're on your way. KUTGW!!
Old 08-29-2011, 01:32 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

aww thanks RP even if you look at my face, and compare them to my profile picture, that photo was taken 25th June it was my daughters hen night....i had such chubby cheeks..hahaha
Old 09-01-2011, 04:04 AM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I can see a difference as well, mostly in the neck/shoulder area! Pictures are great because it shows us what we can't always see in our daily lives!

Keep up that hard work!
Old 09-05-2011, 11:39 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Hiya everyone...

Well it looks like summer is well and truely over with, the wind is really strong this morning, I woke up really early.

I hope you all have had a great weekend, I had a cheat night on Fri, i drank copious amounts of lager and ate buffet food..then on sat had a small portion of Indian take away, I gained 2 1/2lbs but already have lost 1 1/2lbs of it. I am still focused on doing this, I still want to be 40lbs lighter by Christmas. I have upt my exercise regime to include running...I have a home treadmill and do my running on that. I am still using my bike and also just upt my times at the gym as it was getting far too easy for me.

I have had great feedback on facebook, a couple of my friends on there have asked me about my WOE and they have said because I post my food plans and exercise regime I have motivated them into doing low carb. I am advicing them the best I can, I have told them to do their own research, ie get books and read up on different plans and to pick the best one for them..

I have a programme called NOOM on my mobile phone and I activate that whenever I do an exercise plan and it updates onto facebook, one girl told me to keep it up as it reminds her to do her exercises.

I remember reading a few journals on here, where people have commented on that they would never think at the time of starting their plans that they would ever be anyone inspiration..well I truely felt the same, and even though I am still hovering around the 20lbs loss mark I am becomin an inspiration to others.. it feels good, and even if i have a small gain i dont allow that to worry me. I get on with it and do something about it!!

to you all.