Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2011, 12:11 PM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rice paddie
Stats: 259/200/155
WOE: a little of this plan, a little of that plan...
Start Date: 6/4/11
Everyone has little setbacks. Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back to eating on plan. The weight loss will come. Don't worry.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2011, 04:09 PM   #212
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
The thing with LC versus other diets is one cheat messes you up for a week, its not like WW or something where you save up for a splurge, a little something carb laden blows you up like blow fish, it sucks!!!!
Old 08-30-2011, 11:57 AM   #213
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Trying to figure things out. I can do low carb eating out pretty ok, and Bryan is very supportive of it. I will say it again, *I* am my own worst enemy. Addiction royally sucks arse! Flat out there is no other way to disect it; I love food.

With working in therapy I think I thought I some of the issues with my weight would dissapate (sp?) some, but they haven't. I think I'm struggling with depression. I truly want to try and work through this on my own before turning to meds to help me out. i don't feel like it's devastating at this point, but am convinced that I need to look for some extra help. I was told about a book, The Diet Cure by a lovely woman on this board. I am very intrigued! Gonna look at it and see if it can help.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:07 PM   #214

That is a good book, def worth reading!!!!
Old 08-30-2011, 06:36 PM   #215
Blabbermouth!!!

I've read the first chapter, so far so good. I also think another issue with calories and ratio's. I guess I need to figure out numbers as much as I HATE the idea of doing it. Amber, if ya can find it in ya to "school me" too and get me on a path I'd love it. Seriously lady, I think you need to become a personal trainer or a life coach or somethin!

Food was meh today. I was so busy trying to wade through homework I forgot to eat much today. Oh, and lets not forget that my cupboards look like Old Mother Hubbard. Giving new meaning to the term foraging for food in this house the last coupla days!

I joined a challenge for the New Year...I am scared beyond words! I figured I needed to get my foot out there somewhere to try and push myself somehow. I think that that is what is keeping me around right now because I REFUSE to not follow it through. I set really small goals for the challenge of 8 pounds a month. I figure if I can do 8lbs I can see success and it will keep me trudging along. Pray for me.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:29 AM   #216
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
for you Danielle. You can do this!!!
Old 08-31-2011, 08:10 AM   #217

I was doing a Labor Day challenge, I will be starting a new one for Halloween soon, I will send you the link, the girls are super nice!

Funny you mention the life coach thing, I said to Tony, I really want to do something to help people lose weight, I am looking into getting my personal training certification,and a weight management/nutrition certification me and my trainer were talking I said we could make more money if we paired up, she likes the personal training, but knows nothing about nutrition, she already has me helping 2 of her customers with diet, LOL I think I am going to enroll on line after the holidays and start working on it, I figure I will be off a month in the Winter when I have my surgeries so I can study then.

OK, is your weight correct?

249 x .10 = 2490 calories for maintenance, .10 is if you are not really doing much exercise except occasionally. Usually it is not good to go under a 30% caloric deficit however I think you can when we have more weight to lose and are not pushing ourselves exercise wise, you can go to about 35%-40% so 2490- 700 calories = about 1800 calories a day. That would give you almost a 1.5 pound loss per week which would be your 8 pounds a month!! 3500 calories = 1 pound loss, of course increasing your exercise would help burn more. 700 calories less x 7 days = 4900 saved per week.

As I made a plan for CeeCee- you need to be at about 50% protein, 46% fat, 4% carbs for the day, you need to eat something every 3 hours, and you have to use ****** or some kind of tracking. You can do more fat if you want, like 60% fat, 35% protein, 5% carbs, the key is if you eat fat your carbs gotta be low, once you combine fat and carbs you are done, that is the lethal combo.

Like I am eating 2000 calories, but it isnow 50% protein, 40 % carbs, 10% fat, I try to stick close to those ratios, so I am eating maybe 150 healthy carbs but all low fat, let me tell you low fat sucks, I miss cheese, bacon and butter, but doing low carb doesn't work for building muscle and giving me the energy for all this exercise. Honestly if you girls felt my muscle it is the most shocking thing to me, to think that me the human marshmallow now has muscle that is so hard, it is amazing, and really I have only been killing myself since May, when I first started going to the gym in January I wasn't really killing it like I am now, all I did was cardio 3 x week, LOL I did the minimum and got the heck out, but now I am obsessed with building muscle to help me keep the weight off going forward, and I honestly love it, for me time at the gym is worth being able to eat a few more calories and feel full and content. Every pound of muscle you build enables you to eat 50-80 more calories per day. Muscle building is the one thing that works to help correct and reverse Insulin resistance.

The bad thing with low carb is that the fat keeps you full, so you dont always feel hungry or like eating, but part of eating every 3 hours is to keep your body going so it doesn't think you are starving or then it shuts down, you have to keep your metabolism going, and try to reset it through proper eating times.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:12 AM   #218
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Amber you are amazing!!! I am glad you are looking into getting that certification!!
Old 08-31-2011, 09:13 AM   #219
Blabbermouth!!!

Amber, thank you!!! Yep, I think you have found your calling, and I say GO FOR IT!!!!

Yes, my weight is correct, shockingly! I have always said I'm a good lil maintainer.. BIG

1800 calories for 1.5 lbs a week loss. So if I wanted to lose more then I cut calories down further? I have never played around with ratios before for weight loss so this is all totally foreign territory for me. The most I've done with #'s is counting calories or carbs but nothing dealing with %'s.

Insulin resistance really scares me and I'm afraid that I've messed around so long that getting the weight off is gonna be a real challenge this time around. I should go get my bloodwork done again to see where I stand, and I'm not all convinced that my thyroid is right either. However, getting my dr to send for the entire panel is like pulling teeth. I may just go online and order my own lab sheet and get done what I want. May be worth the $200+ it'll cost me.

I couldn't even imagine having rock hard muscle anywhere on this body! I'm like the Stay-Puf marshmallow man Sometimes i could really kick myself for losing grip on my weight loss success from 10 years ago. Who the hell lets go of an 85 pound loss with only 25 more to go???!!! Ah well, it's long gone and done with but man, still!!
Old 08-31-2011, 09:26 AM   #220
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You can do it Danielle!!! I am doing it to so we can together!!! I am extra emotional today so that is my trigger!!!! that it will not get the best of me today.

Well when I counted calories, I would have an up week of calories and when i saw my weight was stalling I would decrease and so on. You don't want your body to go into starvation mode so you have to do like a yo yo affect with it.... is this right Amber?? This is what I did before after my sickness and the weight fell off. But that was calories and not carbs so IDK.

My Journal

Goals
1-Mar Down 20 lbs
20-Mar Down 30lbs -NYC TRIP
3-Apr Down 40lbs!!!
17-Apr Down 50lbs!
Old 08-31-2011, 12:19 PM   #221
Blabbermouth!!!

OOOOOOHHHHH EEMMMM GGEEEEEEEE! This semester is going to kill me or land me in prison because I've killed someone else. Seriously, its gotta be the most tedious and boring start to this year. tons of homework, my computer doesnt like particular bits of software, yada yada..good grief, I will be lucky if I end up with all my hair intact and on my head by December!!!

Amber, thanks for all of your wonderful imput and info!!! I am busily trying to wrap my mind around all of that in between trying to make files in Access and do accounting homework I'm going to have to sit down and really tinker with ****** and see what I can come up with. I have an okay handle on calories where low fat foods are concerned because that's what I counted calories for all those years ago. Not so much with low carb stuff so I haven't a clue about calorie intake on that stuff I know it's gotta be done though and I sincerely think that this is why I have such piddly losses even when first starting because my metabolism and insulin issues are wreaking havoc and I'm not getting that right balance of food intake.

I may be hanging on by the knot I've tied at the end of my rope for a little while yet, but I REFUSE to run away and give up. Bear with me girls while I pull myself together some more.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:27 PM   #222
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BigBlue10
I feel for ya! I do not like accounting and refuse to even listen to the "controller" that comes in and says this is this and its this - I'm like you know we pay you for your knowledge to benefit the company.....i don't need a play by play....I did marketing and accounting in HS and I ended up doing office work after I got out of the military and that was 16 years ago...... I admire you for doing the accounting bit - go for it! You can do it! Hit those books woman! Or you could study for me memorizing Bio Chem and Polysacharrides, Monosacharrides, Carbohydrates and their function in the body. Or we could talk about Lipids...wooooooo don't get me started! Atoms those pesky lil suckers sharing their protons and electrons and forming bonds....egads!
Now I know why Einstein had hair all over the place and his most famous picture is that of him with his tongue sticking out!!!
So I just read with the hopes my Professor - Oh sorry DR. Lewis Boone. M.D. - will explain to me the reason why we are learning about human anothomy and physiology and we are dissecting a ...... well it's not a human.
So think of me when you are moving column and creating formulas in basic syntax xoxoxoxoxoxo
I will send you smooches in the mean time!
Old 08-31-2011, 02:38 PM   #223
Blabbermouth!!!

Christina!!!!!! How'd you guys do with Irene flying by? I wasn't going to get truly worried until tonight if I didn't hear from you, thanks for coming in.

Ugh, well your class doesn't sound nearly as fun as mine! At least you get to cut something open and take it apart, all I get to do is move numbers around I actually quite think I will enjoy accounting once we get going. Right now its all the really boring reading and note taking to make sure everyone understands formulas, etc.. just let me at it and get my hands dirty with it and then I'm gonna have some fun. I loved taking microsoft classes because it was all entirely hands-on and I learn the best that way. Truly enjoyed Excel, Access not-so-much.. <<<that one<< I find dry and dull. Ah well, nice to know my brain hasn't completely all gone to mush!!! LOL

Hey look Amber, guess its good I'm gettin used to playing with numbers, huh? I see lots of them in my future! Especially if you have anything to say about it, huh?

Just got a Lane Bryant catalog in the mail...really not loving their new stuff for fall whatsoever.. *sigh* another reason why I truly want to be smaller. Plus size clothing is just not cute or stylish, or if it has a chance to be, someone's gotta ruin it with some gaudy buttons or wildly printed fabric like my grandma's couch. but I digress....

Its my birthday this Friday. I'm gonna be 29. I get to get my tattoo sometime in the next week or so. I cannot even fa-reakin wait!!!!!! I'm going to talk see the artist who's doing it on Friday for a consult to make sure we're all on the same page.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:52 PM   #224

Happy B-day!!!!!! Yeah, a tat? I am a big chicken!!!!

yeah it is a lot of math but at least ****** caluclates it all, I was doing ti by hand, 4 calories for fat and portein, 9 for fat gram it was killing me, I finally had to admit I needed ******!!! LOL

I am done at Lane Giant, will not set foot in there store again, their 14's are too big now and I am thrilled, I am so done with that store, LOL
Old 08-31-2011, 07:17 PM   #225
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Danielle!!!!

I am an accountant!!! I love it and if you like math and finding missing money you will love it too!! The school work is hard because there are a lot of rules to accounting but after a while it becomes a second language.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:59 AM   #226

Girls, my ex is a CPA and tax attorney, ughghg he would read those huge tax updates on vacation and he had one of those phootgraphic memories, he is smart I will give him that, he still does my taxes, LOL He is looking for help you girls should move here, LOL
Old 09-01-2011, 05:47 AM   #227
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rice paddie
Stats: 259/200/155
WOE: a little of this plan, a little of that plan...
Start Date: 6/4/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Its my birthday this Friday. I'm gonna be 29. I get to get my tattoo sometime in the next week or so. I cannot even fa-reakin wait!!!!!! I'm going to talk see the artist who's doing it on Friday for a consult to make sure we're all on the same page.
Hey - Happy Birthday!! A tattoo - will this be your first? You'll have to post pics so we can see. Hope you have a great birthday!!
Old 09-01-2011, 07:43 AM   #228
Blabbermouth!!!

Amber, you a chicken? Funny how that works huh? I'm afraid to run but not sit down and have someone jab a bunch of needles with ink into my skin.

This will be my first tattoo. I have ALWAYS loved tat's, particularly Japanese art. I'm fascinated by the symbolism and meanings they hold. Mine will be Japanese art for sure and bright and beautiful! Like I've said before, this year has been about ALOT of change for me personally. I've held off ever getting a tattoo for "fear of what other's would think of me". Lame. Well, this ole girl is D-O-N-E caring what any one thinks ever again. I'm doing things my way.

My best friend in the whole wide world is an accountant. She loves it. I never really considered it, but I'm sorta startin to dig this class despite its boring potential at times. My biggest problem is, I absolutely LOVE school. Period. I literally have a zillion things I wanna be when I grow up and am having serious trouble figuring out what to "do". If I'm being honest, I really don't wanna career in anything, I'd like to just keep taking classes forever and just learn. Professional Student!!!!

RP, I will definitely post pics of my tattoo when it gets done.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:10 AM   #229
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Woot Woot @ Professional Student!! I feel like one of those too! I don't think I will be done when I get this master's degree... maybe a doctorate in my future. At least I am thinking about it if this degree doesn't kill me first.

Oh Wow Amber!! I sure would work for him! I want to do public accounting sometimes but its harder to get a job if you don't have certification (CPA) but I am working on that when I finish my master's program. One thing at a time or else my head will spin!! LOL Stuck in private accounting for now working for the MAN!!! LOL
Old 09-01-2011, 08:19 AM   #230
Senior LCF Member

Danielle! Hey thanks for worrying about me - we didn't have power for 3 days ( I mean we had a generator, but it wouldn't run everything at the same time) and they cancelled my first anatomy class booooo. just means I gott aread more crap and I guess that means the introductions are gonna be short and sweet
"Hi, I'm your professor, we have to read 5 chapters today just to catch up!" oy.
So I had my nose buried in books the whole time pretty much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceecee08 View Post
I am an accountant!!! I love it and if you like math and finding missing money you will love it too!!
I am a non- accounting accountant - I find money in the washing machine every now and again, and sometimes in my couch it goes in my found it fund cause " I found it" Found a $20 bill in there a couple of times. I consider it my accountant fee. hehe.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:21 AM   #231
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: snoozybug
Stats: 284/257/150
Start Date: August 2, 2011
Hi Danielle! Just popping in to say hi. I've been reading a bit of your journal. That's awesome of Amber to give you those ideas for losing the weight. I may take a few of her tips for myself.

I think you are doing great because of the fact that you are here all the time. Unlike me who likes to hide when things aren't going well, you are out here and sharing things. I think that's what helps you keep going. All the support and caring. Now if I can just get here more often. Sigh..

Glad you like school. I know you will find out what to do with your life eventually.

And last but not least... !!! Have a wonderful day tomorrow!! You deserve it!
Old 09-01-2011, 10:15 AM   #232

Snoozy when you are feeling low is the exact time you need to be here!!! I swear when I eat off plan, I come on confess and move along, it really makes you less likely to do it again, funny I know but it works!
Danielle- you go girl, my GF just got another tat it is writing that says life is too short to be shy on her thigh, I said WTH? Are you having some mid life crisis?

I am not a fan of them myself, but I am thinking when I am all done dieting, and at a stable weight, getting my 350 starting weight and the new weight in roman numerals and then never go back on my inner wrist where my watch band is, so you cant see but I can see it
Old 09-01-2011, 09:55 PM   #233
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Amber- that tat sounds like a good idea... I have no tats!!!! Want some but James and I both are too scary to get one....
Old 09-02-2011, 08:08 AM   #234
Blabbermouth!!!

So today is my b-day. DH has something planned, not sure what. I also know that he is baking me a cake with his own two little hands. He knows how I hate store bought cake. He also bought the numbers "2" and "9" candles so therefore I will be celebrating being 29.. Yep, that's my story and I'm stickin to it!!!!!! You're only as old as you feel, right? ....

..... of course today, I'm feeling like I'm 12!
Old 09-02-2011, 08:14 AM   #235

Happy Birthday Danielle!!!!!!! I am so excited hubby is being so good to you today I hope your day is full of all good things, you so deserve it!!!

Nothing wrong with us all being 29, I like to say I am 59, then people are like wow you look so good!!!!!
Old 09-02-2011, 08:24 AM   #236
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Amber! Yeah, gotta love the guy for trying really hard! 59???!!!! Hon, you couldn't look 59 if you tried! LOL People are actually shocked when they find out how old I really am its kinda funny. When I worked at Borders a few years back, there was this one guy there I worked with almost every single shift for like 6 months and we got around to talkin about kids and school, etc.. and his mouth dropped when I told him I had 3 kids all entering their teenage years. He was stunned and said, omg I totally figured you were in your mid-20's, you act and look so young. I was probably 35 at the time. He was probably 30 himself and Bryan thinks he was shocked cause he'd spent all this time flirting with me. of course dummy me is totally clueless to that stuff I just think everyone is just nice, kwim?
Old 09-02-2011, 09:08 AM   #237
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Danielle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great time with the Hubbs!!! You will have a great 29th birthday!
Old 09-02-2011, 06:58 PM   #238
Senior LCF Member

Old 09-03-2011, 07:32 AM   #239

LOL Christina!!!!

So what were the gifts? How was the cake?
Old 09-06-2011, 12:40 PM   #240
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL... that freaking baby!!! HA HA!!

Where you at Danielle?? Maybe hung over from ya Bday weekend!! LOL
Closed Thread