Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2012, 04:44 PM   #1621
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
MagieDen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Great Lakes State!
Posts: 4,396
Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Lots/Less/Goal-135 lbs.
Oh believe you me I am still weighing myself but only 1x a month until September 3rd when I will once again get into the losing mode. I so enjoyed yesterday with friends eating out at an resturant and being choosey over what I ate. I have not been to a resturant in over 40 days so it was nice. Each one of us has a journey to be on and one journey will not be the same as the other but we need to support one another in getting to a healthier, happier place. Good success to you in the losing mode area.

__________________
~Just ing Maggie~
MagieDen is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2012, 05:39 PM   #1622
Blabbermouth!!!
 
AsmallerME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,639
Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2012
Danielle - week three was terrible for me. Keep going strong and shift your focus to how great your clothes are already fitting. You are making amazing progress!!
AsmallerME is offline  
Old 06-18-2012, 04:19 AM   #1623
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Bejewelme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reading/PA
Posts: 13,548
Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Amber- you are doing great hun you are at the 50 pound mark!!!!

JC- very important to take your measurements now trust me when the weight slows you will be glad to have another means of measurement!
Bejewelme is offline  
Old 06-18-2012, 09:16 AM   #1624
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
ceecee08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: ATL
Posts: 4,948
Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
I am not weighing for two weeks!!!!
ceecee08 is offline  
Old 06-18-2012, 01:31 PM   #1625
Blabbermouth!!!
 
DesertGurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 7,337
Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post
Danielle - week three was terrible for me. Keep going strong and shift your focus to how great your clothes are already fitting. You are making amazing progress!!
Thank you honey! That means alot!

I had another long morning of running around taking care of stupid paperwork for school. Good hell, when the gov't decides to change the rules it sure as hell would be nice if they'd let the left arm communicate that to the right one too!! Totally felt like a monkey jumping through hoops today and THAT did not make me a happy girl!

Had really crappy sleep last night, then an early morning today. So I'm sleepy, grouchy, and I need a time out!
I'm gonna go make myself a nice hot cuppa and enjoy some cinnamon in it.
__________________
Danielle

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥



"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now  
Old 06-18-2012, 01:41 PM   #1626
Major LCF Poster!
 
valentine21463's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: WI
Posts: 2,566
Gallery: valentine21463
Stats: 192/183/140 (5'4")
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/12 (This time for real!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I have tried the carbmaster yogurts but I cannot get past the ultra slick sweet aftertaste when I've had them. So I just buy plain full fat yogurt and strain my own and sweeten. Like Amber says tho, probably better to eat the yogurt rather than the bars!
Hi Danielle, Sorry to barge in on your journal like this but I noticed you posted on Melissa's journal about straining full fat yogurt. What does that do for carb count? Does it make it lower in carbs?

Thanks!

Last edited by valentine21463; 06-18-2012 at 01:51 PM..
valentine21463 is offline  
Old 06-18-2012, 09:44 PM   #1627
Major LCF Poster!
 
Happy2be's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,052
Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009
I had one of those days today too. Hang in there sweetie.
Happy2be is offline  
Old 06-19-2012, 03:55 AM   #1628
Blabbermouth!!!
 
AsmallerME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,639
Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2012


I've never stuck to a diet this long before, and I think part of my success this time is looking bigger picture. I told myself my dream loss rate is two pounds per week, but 80 for the first year. So six months to drop 40. After the first month, you will be down 10. The scale will move again and after month two, I bet you'll be at or close to 20.

Also, what are you eating? I saw someone say yogurt. That could slow you potentially.
AsmallerME is offline  
Old 06-19-2012, 08:33 AM   #1629
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
janetsbreeze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Midwest
Posts: 4,477
Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Have a great day!
janetsbreeze is offline  
Old 06-19-2012, 09:23 AM   #1630
Major LCF Poster!
 
Sara7272's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,885
Gallery: Sara7272
Stats: 269/242/160 5'4"-31yo
WOE: Low carb my own way, started at 280 in 9/2010
Start Date: Starting over.... 1/6/14
"Just Breathe" is my favorite Pearl Jam song I support the idea fully!
Sara7272 is offline  
Old 06-19-2012, 10:38 AM   #1631
Blabbermouth!!!
 
DesertGurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 7,337
Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by valentine21463 View Post
Hi Danielle, Sorry to barge in on your journal like this but I noticed you posted on Melissa's journal about straining full fat yogurt. What does that do for carb count? Does it make it lower in carbs?

Thanks!
If you do a search for yocheese on LCF you'll find a bunch of threads regarding this. Definitely a YMMV typa thing, I count about 4 carbs for 1C. I make it very rarely because I dunno if it hinders/helps my weightloss so I just stay away from it to be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy2be View Post
I had one of those days today too. Hang in there sweetie.
Just glad today is a new day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post


I've never stuck to a diet this long before, and I think part of my success this time is looking bigger picture. I told myself my dream loss rate is two pounds per week, but 80 for the first year. So six months to drop 40. After the first month, you will be down 10. The scale will move again and after month two, I bet you'll be at or close to 20.

Also, what are you eating? I saw someone say yogurt. That could slow you potentially.
I'm figuring now if I just keep doing what I'm doing, 6 months from now I'm not going to be in the same place. It's a helluva lot better than gaining weight over the course of those 6 months. I'm just gonna enjoy the ride and eat like I should and not sweat it anymore. I eat very simple and very clean. I haven't eaten yogurt this time around even tho I love it. I did use a bit of cream cheese to try and curb hunger when I couldn't shake the hungries. Being insulin resistant has hardships of it's own, and I need to learn to accept that I'm not going to lose like i used to. Not feeling horrible anymore is a good payoff right now, and my clothes feel better, so runnin with that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by janetsbreeze View Post
Have a great day!
Hello Ms Janet, hope you're feelin better!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara7272 View Post
"Just Breathe" is my favorite Pearl Jam song I support the idea fully!
Me too Sara!!! I still don't know where to put it tho

--------------------------------------------------------

16 days until I fly! I'm like a little kid when i think about it. I can't wait to get out of this heat for a week! 113 here yesterday More today! I'm giving myself until I get back from my trip and then it's time to hit up the exercise train again. Not thrilled but an neccessity.
DesertGurl is online now  
Old 06-19-2012, 11:13 AM   #1632
Major LCF Poster!
 
valentine21463's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: WI
Posts: 2,566
Gallery: valentine21463
Stats: 192/183/140 (5'4")
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/12 (This time for real!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
If you do a search for yocheese on LCF you'll find a bunch of threads regarding this. Definitely a YMMV typa thing, I count about 4 carbs for 1C. I make it very rarely because I dunno if it hinders/helps my weightloss so I just stay away from it to be safe.
Thank you!
valentine21463 is offline  
Old 06-19-2012, 12:08 PM   #1633
Major LCF Poster!
 
Happy2be's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,052
Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
[B]I'm figuring now if I just keep doing what I'm doing, 6 months from now I'm not going to be in the same place. It's a helluva lot better than gaining weight over the course of those 6 months. I'm just gonna enjoy the ride and eat like I should and not sweat it anymore. I eat very simple and very clean. I haven't eaten yogurt this time around even tho I love it. I did use a bit of cream cheese to try and curb hunger when I couldn't shake the hungries. Being insulin resistant has hardships of it's own, and I need to learn to accept that I'm not going to lose like i used to. Not feeling horrible anymore is a good payoff right now, and my clothes feel better, so runnin with that!
--------------------------------------------------------

16 days until I fly! I'm like a little kid when i think about it. I can't wait to get out of this heat for a week! 113 here yesterday More today! I'm giving myself until I get back from my trip and then it's time to hit up the exercise train again. Not thrilled but an neccessity.
WOO HOO!!!!! Good post. Keep at it and you will be better off in 6 months!!! And yes, once you start an exercise you like you will start to like it!!!
Happy2be is offline  
Old 06-19-2012, 12:56 PM   #1634
Blabbermouth!!!
 
DesertGurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 7,337
Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Thanks Melanie! I keep thinkin about an old episode of Dr. Phil regarding weight loss and how he always would say, regardless of what you do, 1 yr from now, 6 months from now, you'll either be up or down but not the same, so why not make positive changes and know you'll weigh less in a year. So true!

I don't enjoy exercise. I wish I did. Walking outdoors is probably the closest I come to liking anything because the scenery changes...however, when it's still 105 degrees at 9pm and hot as an oven, does not inspire me to get out there and do it But. BUT! I'm determined to get it done because there are no excuses. Hard work & determination is the name of the game!!
DesertGurl is online now  
Old 06-19-2012, 04:06 PM   #1635
Senior LCF Member
 
Maximoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 661
Gallery: Maximoon
Stats: 165-170/155/151, 5'8"
WOE: No sugar, no flour diet
Start Date: April 2012
Hi Danielle,

It is hot as heck here, isn't it?? I do all of my exercising indoors, with DVDs. I try to avoid being outside as much as possible.

I'll bet you're so excited about your MT trip, aren't you?? It's coming up so fast---I am happy for your upcoming adventure!

Have a great afternoon,

Hugs,

Jenna
Maximoon is offline  
Old 06-20-2012, 06:12 AM   #1636
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
janetsbreeze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Midwest
Posts: 4,477
Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Don't overheat out there!
janetsbreeze is offline  
Old 06-20-2012, 10:01 AM   #1637
Blabbermouth!!!
 
DesertGurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 7,337
Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Jenna, I have loads of dvd's but I cannot seem to enjoy them. May need to suck it up and sweat my behind off and walk outside. If I do, I'm draggin dh with me Can't wait til my trip. I haven't seen my gf for years, we're definitely overdue for girls time. Praying there isn't too much trouble we get into!



Had the best steaks last night for dinner. I think I ate myself into a coma it was so Definitely glad that I didn't have the scale to face because wow, I'm sure I'm up.

We decided we're headed to Vegas in October for a tattoo event. I cannot even wait!!!!!!! So definitely going to set up some sort of goal for that weight wise, it's been years since we've been there and I wanna feel good!
DesertGurl is online now  
Old 06-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #1638
Blabbermouth!!!
 
AsmallerME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,639
Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2012
I admit, I'm too lazy to go back and reread, so where are you going? For how long? And the tattoo idea is great. Where do you want to put it? I've contemplated an ultimate goal tattoo to symbolize losing 100+ pounds and/or my three miscarriages. Will you get the just breathe tattoo in Vegas? That's three plus months away - you could be in the teens then!!
AsmallerME is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 07:53 AM   #1639
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
janetsbreeze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Midwest
Posts: 4,477
Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 19, 2011
The tattoo convention sounds like a blast. I went to one a long time ago and was floored by all the amazing ink.
janetsbreeze is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 08:58 AM   #1640
Major LCF Poster!
 
Happy2be's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,052
Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Oh ya, the heat is an obstacle. It would be hard to go out and walk when its so hot. But you can do it!!!! Or do dvd's in the air.

Ooh the tattoo convention sounds fun!!!! Set your goal and I'm sure you will make it!!!!
Happy2be is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 09:57 AM   #1641
Blabbermouth!!!
 
DesertGurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 7,337
Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post
I admit, I'm too lazy to go back and reread, so where are you going? For how long? And the tattoo idea is great. Where do you want to put it? I've contemplated an ultimate goal tattoo to symbolize losing 100+ pounds and/or my three miscarriages. Will you get the just breathe tattoo in Vegas? That's three plus months away - you could be in the teens then!!
Amber, going to MT to see my BFF for a week. Not entirely sure where I want my tattoo, possible the side of my foot. I kinda already have the left one 'bookmarked' for a great Asian style tat I want done in Vegas, and at least the top of the right one is 'booked' also but the side is open The just breathe tattoo will probably be done here by my guy that we go to since it's just script. I'm so sorry to hear about your losses honey, breaks my heart. I "could be" in the teens but then again, I'm honest enough to know that the week in MT is going to be some bad eating I'm sure. I def know there will be beer involved I know we will doing some hiking and walking so hopefully I won't undo everything, huh?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetsbreeze View Post
The tattoo convention sounds like a blast. I went to one a long time ago and was floored by all the amazing ink.
I love conventions! The one in Vegas is supposed to be the biggest in the country so I'm excited. Lots of people from other countries, etc. The first one we went to hubby ended up gettin inked by Tommy Montoya from NY Ink. Awesome lil guy! The last one we went to hubby got inked by someone I'm convinced was a gangbanger from East L.A. He was awesome tho!
DesertGurl is online now  
Old 06-21-2012, 10:06 AM   #1642
Blabbermouth!!!
 
DesertGurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 7,337
Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy2be View Post
Oh ya, the heat is an obstacle. It would be hard to go out and walk when its so hot. But you can do it!!!! Or do dvd's in the air.

Ooh the tattoo convention sounds fun!!!! Set your goal and I'm sure you will make it!!!!
Still contemplating a goal for Vegas. 9pm last night it was 107 outside 90 and maybe I wouldn't complain so much gonna have to suck it up somewhere and "just do it". I'll figure it out.


------------------------------------------------------

So I may or may not have fallen face first into a cup of frozen yogurt last night. Was lovely really and I truly enjoyed every spoonful.
Back on track today with my eggs and coffee and lotsa water.
DesertGurl is online now  
Old 06-21-2012, 11:59 AM   #1643
Major LCF Poster!
 
JCWANNABE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Skagit County, WA
Posts: 1,119
Gallery: JCWANNABE
Stats: 289/257/135 5'5"
Start Date: April 18th, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Jenna, I have loads of dvd's but I cannot seem to enjoy them. May need to suck it up and sweat my behind off and walk outside. If I do, I'm draggin dh with me Can't wait til my trip. I haven't seen my gf for years, we're definitely overdue for girls time. Praying there isn't too much trouble we get into!



Had the best steaks last night for dinner. I think I ate myself into a coma it was so Definitely glad that I didn't have the scale to face because wow, I'm sure I'm up.

We decided we're headed to Vegas in October for a tattoo event. I cannot even wait!!!!!!! So definitely going to set up some sort of goal for that weight wise, it's been years since we've been there and I wanna feel good!
Oh steak!!! How I love thee!!!!!
JCWANNABE is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 12:24 PM   #1644
Blabbermouth!!!
 
DesertGurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 7,337
Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWANNABE View Post
Oh steak!!! How I love thee!!!!!
No kiddin, huh?
DesertGurl is online now  
Old 06-21-2012, 12:52 PM   #1645
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
MagieDen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Great Lakes State!
Posts: 4,396
Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Lots/Less/Goal-135 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Thanks Melanie! I keep thinkin about an old episode of Dr. Phil regarding weight loss and how he always would say, regardless of what you do, 1 yr from now, 6 months from now, you'll either be up or down but not the same, so why not make positive changes and know you'll weigh less in a year. So true!

I don't enjoy exercise. I wish I did. Walking outdoors is probably the closest I come to liking anything because the scenery changes...however, when it's still 105 degrees at 9pm and hot as an oven, does not inspire me to get out there and do it But. BUT! I'm determined to get it done because there are no excuses. Hard work & determination is the name of the game!!
You can always buy a treadmill like me and NEVER have an excuse not to walk! Just sayin', don't be hatin'. You know Danielle you have to find something that you would actually enjoy that doesn't feel like exercise. Do you like to swim maybe? How about some Tennis, do you play? I am just trying to give you some ideas and I am sure there are many more. I know you will figure out what is best for you to do sweetie.
MagieDen is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 02:36 PM   #1646
Blabbermouth!!!
 
DesertGurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 7,337
Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Thanks Maggie! Yeah, I used to have a treadmill.....and an eliptical.....and a stationary bike....... BTDT! Of course now that I actually think I'd use the treadmill I have zero room for one. Of course, right? something will click at some point where I won't care about the heat or whatever.. I did it a couple summers ago where dh and I were walking every single night in the heat.. I'm such a princess tho I don't like being hot n sweaty I'll get somethin going soon.
DesertGurl is online now  
Old 06-21-2012, 04:05 PM   #1647
Senior LCF Member
 
Maximoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 661
Gallery: Maximoon
Stats: 165-170/155/151, 5'8"
WOE: No sugar, no flour diet
Start Date: April 2012
Hi Danielle!

I'm sure that you will find whatever exercise works best for you. We have left one of our cars at the shop around the corner, and we are going to take a little family walk over to pick it up tonight around 5 p.m. Like you, I don't really care to get hot and sweaty, but I guess I'll try it this evening. I am also a "princess."

Have a great night and keep cool!!

Jenna
Maximoon is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 04:43 PM   #1648
Blabbermouth!!!
 
AsmallerME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,639
Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2012
everything only makes us stronger in the end.

I think you'll be in the teens right in time for the convention. Even with a bad week, you'll come back, get right back on track, and get another initial whoosh to put you back on track.

How many tattoos do you have?
AsmallerME is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 05:01 PM   #1649
Blabbermouth!!!
 
DesertGurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 7,337
Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post
everything only makes us stronger in the end.

I think you'll be in the teens right in time for the convention. Even with a bad week, you'll come back, get right back on track, and get another initial whoosh to put you back on track.

How many tattoos do you have?
You're right (as always) and I do know that I will get back on track as soon as I'm back. The good part is that my girlfriend knows how I eat and wants to eat that way too. she struggles with it I think, goes against alot of what she "believes" in terms of lowfat/high fat. KWIM??

Tattoos... I only have some on each inner wrist.. in my mind I have about 10 though DH has 5. I have plans for many more but I'm ultra picky about who I want to do them depending on the art work I want done.
DesertGurl is online now  
Old 06-22-2012, 03:53 AM   #1650
Blabbermouth!!!
 
AsmallerME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,639
Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2012
Thats probably where I'd put one if I ever got one (inner wrist). I'm such a baby that I'm not sure it will ever happen.

Maybe with your friend, pick the first few days to eat bad/go to your favorite places/etc. Then do Atkins together for the next five days. Bring some Linda Sue recipes and wow her with it. Then when you leave, she'll maybe have some notable weight loss and keep going with it.
AsmallerME is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:46 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.