Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2011, 08:02 AM   #91
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Ok well I barely survived. Good grief, why must shopping be so traumatic for me? It was a long long day and one that I didn't prepare myself for very well at all. Let's just say I blew it! On a good note; we must've walked a minimum of 3 miles, it was nonstop. These girls can shop! Who taught them that?! Food was less than stellar and if I was being graded it'd probably be about a D.

Failing to Plan Is Planning to Fail!!!!!!

Moving on........

Today am right on target, have had my breakfast, have lunch planned, and got my list ready for the grocery store for some good yummy foods.

I think today DH and I are gonna go peruse some apartment complexes and a few houses and see what's out there for our move in November. I have just a few short days left before I start class. gonna be a tough semester for me, but if it keeps my mind off food then hey, that's good, right?

~danielle

Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2011, 08:32 AM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
Oh no on the mall trip. Well you got your exercise on... 3 miles is a typical shopping trip for me. At least you are owning your mistake about eating off plan. I love that quote... I must use that sometime.

Glad you have everything planned for today. And goodluck on finding a new place!!
Old 08-15-2011, 09:22 AM   #93
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Danielle- why are you moving? Cause the nest is emptying? Good luck looking, maybe an apt complex will have a little workout area? Failing to plan is always a recipe for disaster, whenever I am starving and nothing LC in sight it results in a bad choice, there will be lots just suck it up and get back on, all is good!!!!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
Old 08-15-2011, 10:14 AM   #94
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: snoozybug
Stats: 284/257/150
Start Date: August 2, 2011
Danielle,

I decided to check out your journal. Just read through all the pages. We have some things in common. I have 3 teens also. Oldest DS graduated hs a year ago and is working at Target and taking a few classes at a community college this fall. DD is a 17 year old who will graduate this year. DS #2 is a sophomore. So I get the teen years. Also I have started and stopped many weight loss plans. Always got real down on myself. Took a long time to get back to really being ready to do this again FOR THE LAST TIME!

I am so glad you are doing this again. Seems like you have a lot of support from what I read in your journal. I am getting motivated just from reading it and all the great friends you have!

So keep going girl!! You are going to feel awesome as the weight comes off. We are both going to do this and be some hot mamas around town!

By the way, my name's Sheila. I have to put that in my signature. Have a fantastic day!
Old 08-15-2011, 12:13 PM   #95

Snoozy- you can do it, it is so helpful to find people you identify with and can hold your hand along the way, I never would have come this far without the board and being accountable, it is just a necessary component. Women especially like peer support!!!!

Amber
Old 08-15-2011, 01:25 PM   #96
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: snoozybug
Stats: 284/257/150
Start Date: August 2, 2011
Thanks so much Amber! I see how much support you give Danielle and others. Your weight loss is amazing! That really shows what the support of others will get you!
Old 08-15-2011, 03:07 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BigBlue10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post

I think today DH and I are gonna go peruse some apartment complexes and a few houses and see what's out there for our move in November. I have just a few short days left before I start class. gonna be a tough semester for me, but if it keeps my mind off food then hey, that's good, right?

~danielle

making oyur food a habit now will make it a little easier on you in school - BTW what r you taking?
i am going back to school this semester as well Pre-Respiratory therapy included the beloved anatomy so I get your worry about food, I'm gonna have to pack dinner and this scares the jeebs outta me. Oh yeah and Saturdays look like fun for me as well 6 hours in class woohoo.

Have a wonderful day and good luck on the apartment hunting
Old 08-16-2011, 07:28 PM   #98
Blabbermouth!!!

My days are blurring together, I can't believe it's Tuesday already!! I feel as if i haven't had a chance to sit down and breathe in 2 days. DH was off Sunday and Monday and I am thankful that that only happens every other week. I love my hubbs but man, it makes it reeeeaaaalllly hard to keep on track. We get so sidetracked with stuff that I either forget to eat, or I eat off plan without even thinking about it til afterwards. No joke! Gotta nip that in the bud now cause it's not going to help me to get my goal.

Sheila, holy cow woman! You & I are living a parellel life with kids, aren't we! How totally cool that our kids are almost literally the same age/grade!! Finally, someone who can share in my pain. How's the plan coming along? Are you finding some yummy food choices? I just dug out my stacks of recipes so I can start implementing something new, I'm getting bored with the basic stuff. I can't remember if you mentioned, is your dh on this plan with you or are you the only one working it?

Christina, I had originally planned to do a certificate for office administration when I first started school last year. The decision was made in a huge rush as I was scrambling to find something that would be quick but earn me some accredidation. DH and I were seperated last year, almost divorced, so it left me in a scramble to figure out life in a hurry.. Well things are getting back to normal for us, working hard on lots of things and I'm thinking that I'm actually going to go for a BA in Business Administration. I'm actually in no hurry as I'm discovering that I LOVE being a student. I keep telling DH that I would be more than happy to become a professional student! So far, he ain't buyin it darnit! LOL This semester I was lucky to actually get 3 of my classes online so I only have to go to campus for 1. Hoping that this flexibility with allow me to continue to get my act together with the weightloss thing so I can start seeing lots of progress.

Anybody watch Big Brother? Or The Biggest Loser? I can't believe TBL is getting ready to start again next month!! Still so bummed that Jillian isn't going to be on there.

Went to the college today to pick up a couple books I couldn't find online... $250 later.... Serious highway robbery goin on I tell ya! I'm grateful that I found the other 3 books online and got 2 for a steal. Shocking to think that any given semester that nearly $800 for books sometimes isn't enough!

I'm pooped so I'm gonna go drink some more water (I kinda OD'd on sunflower seeds today ) and put my tootsies up for a bit before dh comes home. Sleep well my friends!
Old 08-17-2011, 07:00 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
LOL This semester I was lucky to actually get 3 of my classes online so I only have to go to campus for 1. Hoping that this flexibility with allow me to continue to get my act together with the weightloss thing so I can start seeing lots of progress.

My campus is so close to my work it takes me literally 3 minutes to get there, so I didn't mind taking 2 of my classes after work and my Anatomy class, well b/c it is 6 hours Saturdays were my only option i hope to complete my pre-course by spring semester. Then I move on into the RT program. which will take a while to complete, but I like being a student so far too. I already went and got my official college hoodie the other day I was wearing it around the house and I was proud of myself
Wish i had my head on straight a long time ago and did this, but it is what it is, and life has no predictors so I will be in the now.
And yeah books PITA. My anatomy book would have cost $300
but I found it on line for $67 so I am an on line bargain hunter as well.
have a wonderful day!
Old 08-17-2011, 07:36 AM   #100
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yea books can be a killer... I spend about $250 per class on materials!! WTH!! But education much needed in this economy. Yea I was a professional student for about 3 years... living off only refund checks. Boy was that rough.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:52 AM   #101

Yeah I cant even imagine TBL without Jillian, it will be different!!!! Ughgh I dont know how you girls do it, I have often thought of going back for my master's degree, but I don't have the determination, LOL Plus it wouldn't really help me now anyway in my job. Geez I have my 25th HS reunion this OCt, that means I have been out of college 21 years, OMG I am old!!!!
Old 08-17-2011, 09:58 AM   #102
Blabbermouth!!!

Boy do I wish I'd gotten my head on straight a long time ago too!!! But it is what is, isn't it? I'm done with the woulda, coulda, shoulda in my life because it's not helping me in any way whatsoever!

I think my books for last semester were about $980. Insane! Then you go to sell 'em back and they either aren't buying those ones back, or they literally give you 5% of what you paid! This semester I feel like I got off way cheap at aroudn $700.

So ok, I tried to do Bob's workout again this morning. I. just. can't. do. it. I think I pulled something in my leg above my knee for attempting something I shouldn't have. I did what I could but man, it's definitely not geared for someone who's got tons of flub dancing around! I truly need to build some core strength before I can do this and feel really good about it. Supposed to be a "beginner workout" and clearly I am not even at beginner status yet. This doesn't mean I'm giving up, just means that I need to figure out something else that I can feel good about succeeding at. I will probably try some more of the walking dvd's that I like so much and perhaps just suck it up and go out in the hot dry heat and walk. I'll hate every second of it but i guess no pain, no gain? I just know that I gotta do something to keep me motivated and feeling good!!!
Old 08-17-2011, 10:01 AM   #103
Blabbermouth!!!

p.s. Amber you're not old! Silly girl.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:18 AM   #104

Danielle- walking is the best way to build up some cardio and get those muscles moving again, I know it is hot, I actually like running in the dry heat, LOL When it gets humid it is not so good, maybe you can early morning? Fasted walking is the best fat burner, like go walk as soon as you get up then eat your furnace will be stokked!!!!
Old 08-17-2011, 02:49 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bigbone
Stats: 380/327.2/199
WOE: Low Carb n' Stuff
Start Date: Re-restart 6/1/11
Hey Danielle! Nice to see you girl. Here we go again, Huh? Well let's get moving!
Old 08-18-2011, 04:32 AM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
What are these cheesecake poppers you speak of?? Recipe?
8 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup ideal (or sweetener lc of course)
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 egg
blend
pour into lines muffin tin (makes 6)
bake 350 for 20 minutes
@ 3g carbs per b/c of the sweetner, but starting your day off with these babys is so worth it. and they carry me for about 3 hours long enough for me to get to work get settled and drink some water....

that's funny you say that boiled eggs give you heartburn I get that too.....i thought I was just weird.....hmmmm. wonder why that happens. idk......
Have a wonderful day!
Old 08-18-2011, 06:27 AM   #107

Those cheesecake poppers are awesome and I put a dab f the SF jelly on top, YUMMMM
I use the EZSWeetz liquid splenda no carbs, and it is really sweet, I know some people dont like splenda, but I love it, I love the powdered Ideal and the brown sugar ideal
Old 08-18-2011, 07:06 AM   #108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Danielle!!! Did you find a place yet??
Old 08-18-2011, 07:17 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Those cheesecake poppers are awesome and I put a dab f the SF jelly on top, YUMMMM
I use the [COLOR=#016798]EZSWeetz[/COLOR] [COLOR=#016798]liquid [/COLOR][COLOR=#016798]splenda[/COLOR] no carbs, and it is really sweet, I know some people dont like splenda, but I love it, I love the powdered Ideal and the [COLOR=#016798]brown sugar[/COLOR] ideal
I love them! They are like having dessert for breakfast! I have to keep myself in check when I do have them and make sure I have 1 a day and no more - so sometimes I will eat eggs for B and save my popper for dessert
Old 08-18-2011, 08:56 AM   #110
Blabbermouth!!!

Friday Eve!!!!!

I am one hurtin unit today! My arms hurt. My back hurts. My abs hurt. My legs hurt. My hair hurts. Have I done enough whining? I musta gone whole hog with that workout yesterday and not realized it. Holy cow do I hurt today! The biggest reminder is the million trips I gotta make to the bathroom cause of all the water and my legs are screaming at me! LOL

I found a couple walking dvd's last night so I will give those a whirl sometime today. Let's pray I have the strength to lift my legs!

So the cheesecake popper thingys are like cheesecake muffins? I have a recipe for those that looks similar to this recipe but it makes like a dozen or so. I put cinnamon in them omg they are good! I'm making these 'breakfast muffins' tonight to use for breakfasts cause i'm getting bored with just some eggs and bacon/sausage cooked this way. Trying to listen to my head and change things up in order to not get bored!

Cassidy, hi cutie pie! yeah I think we've pinpointed where we want to go come November. I detest apartment living but it's our best option seeing as we have no intention of sticking around here in a few more years. I'm also really REALLY tempted to blow off our plans for San Francisco living and go to Montana for some quiet country living! I cant decide what I want; city life? country life? I just know I want out of the freaking desert!!

Keshia, you best not disappear on me girl! I will go to Atlanta and find you!!

Ok well, coffee is screaming for me and I need to get some housework done so I'm not stuck doing it all weekend! I think we're headed to the movies (what else is new, right? ) on Friday. OH! Amber, we saw The Help last week. It was SO good! Now I want to read the book but with school starting I'm afraid I won't have time. I've been trying to get thru the Jillian Michaels book for about 5 months now- I just have zero focus lately. Is it possible to get ADD in old age?
Old 08-18-2011, 09:13 AM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rice paddie
Stats: 259/200/155
WOE: a little of this plan, a little of that plan...
Start Date: 6/4/11
Hi Danielle -

I came across your journal on a lark. You sound like a spirited gal (a woman after my own heart) so I thought I'd stop by to say hi and wish you well on your weight loss journey.

Take care,

D
Old 08-18-2011, 09:24 AM   #112
Blabbermouth!!!

Hello!! Glad you stopped by "D". It's been a bumpy ride so far but I'm hanging on for dear life this time. The journey promises to get me to where I need to go in the long run and need to remember to just keep forging ahead to get it done and not dwell on the minor impefections that are guaranteed to come along for the ride. It's life, right? We CAN do it!!!!!!

Not sure who said it but it keeps playing in my head:
A year from now you won't weigh the same; you'll either be BIGGER or you'll be SMALLER. Which do you choose? Truer words could never be spoken cause it's exactly right! I'm going to keep my focus on the fact that regardless of how much I end up losing in a year, the fact that I will be SMALLER is all that matters!!!
Old 08-18-2011, 12:40 PM   #113

D- my favorite is always, being fat is hard----- losing weight is hard---- choose your hard!!!!

I would take the last year of diet and exercise anyday over the years I wasted hating myself and being a fat cow, I ruined so many good years, that is why I am so hard on these young girls, I dont want them, to go through what I did!!!!
Old 08-18-2011, 01:22 PM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
we saw The Help last week. It was SO good! Now I want to read the book but with school starting I'm afraid I won't have time. I've been trying to get thru the Jillian Michaels book for about 5 months now- I just have zero focus lately. Is it possible to get ADD in old age?
ummmm...... read the Book about 6 months ago - loved it and couldn't put it down! Haven't seen the movie yet I am gonna wait till it comes out on dvd. and watch it in my jammies lol, otherwise I have to go to the theater alone and see it .... DH said he wasn't gonna sit through that long of a movie with out race cars in it. boo on him lol
Old 08-18-2011, 03:18 PM   #115

I want to see that movie, maybe I will get there, LOL What is Jillians book?
Old 08-18-2011, 04:11 PM   #116
Blabbermouth!!!

Christina, yes boo on him!! LOL I love movies with race cars in them too. The Fast & the Furious series is one of my all-time fave. My husband liked The Help alot. *I* wanted to see Thor, he didn't but he came. We're compatible like that.

Amber, Jillian's book is called Unlimited. Love her.

Here's an overview:

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
Many self-help books offer a lot of new age platitudes and sappy mantras:

Just love yourself.

See the glass as half full.

Believe it and it will come.

Really? That’s not how it works, and you know it. A lifetime’s worth of struggle is not overturned in a small moment of positive thinking. But if you have the right attitude—attitude and skills—you can and will accomplish anything and everything you want. This book gives you both, attitude and action. By its end you will have all the tools you need to change your life. No hype. No false promises.

You will learn to:
• Cultivate your passion and embrace your uniqueness to create a purpose-filled life . . .on your own terms.

• Transform your suffering into peace, wisdom, and strength.

• Work through fear, worry, shame, and negative self-talk to blast through obstacles and create self-confidence, self-esteem, and a healthy self-image.

• Take powerful, informed, deliberate actions to make your dreams a reality.

Forget surviving: it’s your time to thrive. You do have the ability and potential to achieve unlimited health, wealth, and happiness. Getting there won’t all be easy—nothing worthwhile ever is—but take this journey and your life will change dramatically. Your possibilities are unlimited, and your life is waiting for you to break free and claim it
Old 08-18-2011, 04:52 PM   #117

I will have to get that book!!!

You need to read or re read the Secret, that book is so true, surround yourself with successful people of where you want to be, Hello, you are doing that on this board, there is alot to be said for positive thinking, this whole weight loss thing is mental, more than anything, it is so mentally draining, every decision we makes determines our success, its so true!!!
Old 08-18-2011, 06:21 PM   #118
Blabbermouth!!!

I have such negative self-talk from year and years of vebal abuse from my mom. I have fought for years to change it but never truly successful. No matter how great things can be going in my life, I can never get my mind to be in the same place. If that makes sense? I know that it needs to come from me changing my attitude and way of thinking and of course therapy the last 2 years has helped immensely! I dunno where I would be without my therapist! And Jillian, well, she's a pretty smart cookie in my book.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:35 AM   #119
Senior LCF Member

D- hearing you say that about how negative your mom is, well it brings me to my reality.
I haven't spoken to my mother since 2004. NONE.
Before the final straw, shich is a novel itself, I sat her down and told her straight up that she was a very negative force in my life, and I wasn't willing to provide misery company any longer. I no longer wanted to live my life in fear of her negative thought process b/c it was getting me no where. If I wasn't completely stroking her ego, or constantly giving into her requests for attention, everything I did or didn't do was under a microscope. She went so far as to call my DBF (my DH now) and put me down and try and push him away so she could have all of my attention. Of course he told me the day she called him. He said he couldn't believe someone's mother would call him and be so rude and condesending. I said welcome to my world. At that moment I realized I was an individual and deserved respect no b/c she was my mom, but b/c she was an individual as well.
It's true, you surround yourself with success, you will be successful, but don't forget who you are.

Throw your expectations out the window, if you don't expect outcomes to be a certain way and except the here and now and be happy where you are, it opens you up to be who you can.
Don't expect your mom to be any different than she is, know who your are, be positive, and she can't change that either.
just saying you are beautiful, you deserve a beautiful life.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:24 AM   #120

My Mom and I had our struggles, well this year when I reached out to the man I thought could be my real Dad, OMG the fact that I don't know for certain who my real father is bugs the crap out of me, she is so controlling, she was so into herself when I was young, now she tries to make up for that my over smothering my son, and trying to act like she is his mother, OMG it is so annoying, mother issues suck all the way around, it is just not good! We cant let it derail us though, we have to accept they are the ones screwed up and find a way to deal with them that works for us!