Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2011, 11:56 AM   #61
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
Here is the link for the Hula showing of Fathead.

Hulu - Fat Head - Watch the full movie now.

Someone else mentioned that it was on demand on one of cable sites without the ads. This was made after the movie Supersize
you beat me to it!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2011, 02:29 PM   #62
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
It's streaming on Netflix as well.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:13 PM   #63
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
OK so I can click that and view it sometime? I am so lame, me and Tony have been to the movies once!!!! I don't know what Netflix is, or Hula, LOL I am so lame,
Old 08-11-2011, 12:25 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Yes, click on the Hula link. It is like You Tube video. There will be some ads, but they are not long.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:07 AM   #65

OK I need to do that on Sunday when I am home alone then I can watch it without interruption, I hate watching on my computer but oh well, I want to see it!!!
Old 08-11-2011, 10:26 AM   #66
Blabbermouth!!!

Definitely watch the movie. Its worth a whirl at least once IMO. I'm making DH watch it this weekend so maybe he will learn a thing or two.

Thanks for the support ladies. They weren't joking that losing weight is almost all mental. I've always said I'd be a-ok if I could just cut out my brain. I do believe that for the first time I am actually able to be really honest with myself and where I've been, where I'm headed and I feel like I can actually see the path. A lovely friend reminded me (thanks Teresa!) that I have to stop trying to please everyone, quit trying to make everything easier for everyone else. I guess I tend to forget that my kids CAN do things for themselves. And yeah, I need to get used to the idea of making food because it's good for me (us) and not worry about whether they're all gonna eat it. More for me if they dont! I've done EVERYTHING for my family for 18 years, been a SAHM for 18 years and I am just barely getting used to doing things for ME. I know it's important, I know that I have to in order for me to succeed and be happy. I just need the guilt to leave me.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 08-11-2011, 11:40 AM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
Hey Danielle

Just stopping by your journal to say Hello!!!
Old 08-11-2011, 11:54 AM   #68
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey Miss Cassidy! Thanks for coming by, I love the company here. How's the walking going? Workin those arms?
Old 08-11-2011, 12:12 PM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes I am walking and working on my arms. Today is ultimate clean day at my house. I have to clean for my BFF who is coming to visit!!!! Can't wait! Maybe a margarita here or there.

How is it going for you Danielle???
Old 08-11-2011, 12:38 PM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sara7272
Stats: 269/242/160 5'4"-31yo
WOE: Low carb my own way, started at 280 in 9/2010
Start Date: Starting over.... 1/6/14
You know, I feel like FatHead was soooo close, but missed the mark by a bit. I liked it, but the ridiculously low budget filming and editing really kind of devalued the message. I mean obviously WE get it, but to expect that movie to change someones mind about it all could be a little far fetched, you know? Like 'Oh, some guy who knows nothing made this in his basement' kind of thing...

Does that sound like a jerk-y thing to say? Just my opinion!
Old 08-11-2011, 12:48 PM   #71
Blabbermouth!!!

Sara, it most certainly doesnt sound like a jerky thing to say at all. I agree that it would probably be a hard sell for someone who knows nothing of low carb or all the great benefits of this life. I'm glad that my dh at least knows *something* of this woe so he can understand the gist of what he is trying to say. I also get that the entire concept of this movie wasn't soley to turn everyone on to lc as a lifestyle but more to debunk Morgan's POV. I appreciated the humor to a degree and was amazed to find out that my 14yo DD watched this in PE last year! She loved it. But then again, she has read literature of mine already of low carb eating and also my issues with my brush with diabetes too, so I'm sure it clicks for her. I'm glad that we can all state our opinions and maybe hope someday someone can get the guts to really go "all out" on a true blue testament to this lifestyle!

Cassidy, I'm so glad to hear you are keeping up with your walking!!! I am slip sliding trying to get my footing again. I have yet to begin an exercise routine which I *know* needs to happen. I truly wish this heat would leave!!! I really feel like I have turned a corner the last few days in terms of getting my thinking straight. I am excited for what is yet to come and to start seeing a transformation. I know for sure I could not do it without the support of this board and I gotta say, this journal thing is a key that kept me here this time when I struggled so soon after starting back! Keep up the good work girly, I'm proud of you!!!
Old 08-11-2011, 12:52 PM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

AAAAWWW Thanks Danielle!!

And you can do this... as much as you don't want to just do it!!! I just think about my DD and how I can inspire her and be here for her. That is who really keeps me going!
Old 08-11-2011, 06:13 PM   #73

I know how you feel, I was a stay at home Mom for 6 years before the divorce did I take care of me no? I got to my heaviest weight at that time, marriage falling apart, kid with reflux that never slept, OMG I would drive around eating bags of chips it was terrible, your kids are older now, they dont like what's fixed, they can fix something else, the kids will be gone and you want to be ready to celebrate a new freedom, and a new you! You can do it, kids get into helping too, I think it makes the whole family healthier!!!
Old 08-12-2011, 08:10 AM   #74
Blabbermouth!!!

Ironically one of the hardest things for me to wrap my head around is that my kids ARE older! I've always just done for them and its just been the way things were. They always tend to tell me, hey mom I got it don't worry...and of course mama bear worries. LOL Dealing with empty nest coming on this coming school year. My DS graduated hs last school year, decided to do community college for 1 yr and is cramming all his general studies in, and then transferring to University next summer. My DD17 graduates hs this year and is headed to San Francisco for college. So I have DOUBLE the heartache next summer with both leaving home. It's gonna be hard!!!

Somehow, some way I lost 2 pounds this week. I'll take it though, are you kidding!
Old 08-12-2011, 12:05 PM   #75

GO Danielle- now are your stats right? That means a new decade, I swear to you the whole time I was losing I just focused on the next decade, not all the weight I had to lose and it made so much easier to get to that then the whole overwhelming amount! Now I am struggling to get below 209, 208 I am no longer obese, its like come on!!!! LOL

I know the empty nest will be hard, we do everything for our kids, I mean that is our purpose, that is why we need to know how to make us happy when they are moving on! Your kids are so cute, you have to be proud of them!!!!
Old 08-12-2011, 12:20 PM   #76
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

AAAAWWW Danielle... you make me want to cry!! Yea I am caught in the rut of doing everything for my DD and nothing for me. I just started buying myself clothes last year since she was born. I felt so guilty if I bought an outfit and turn around and she needs something for school. James tells me all the time to take a break and he go this... but it is hard to do. Especially when they are your baby you know... you carried them for 9++ months.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:40 PM   #77
Blabbermouth!!!

Aw Amber thanks! They are my entire world those kids I love them to pieces! I love taking pictures of them. they see me coming with the camera and they're screaming OMG Mom STOP!! LOL

My BFF is always screaming at me, you can't give what you don't have! She's right. I go and go and go for everyone else, even when I'm on empty and by then, no way in heck I have anything left over for myself. This has to change. I'm excited for all the changes going on in my life because as DH and I prepare for our empty nest, our marriage, our life together just keeps getting better and better! He, of course, could care less if I lost an ounce, but understands why I need to do this.

Contemplating all of the reasons "why" this has to happen for me. Health wise I feel really old. My mind is so young and playful but this big body cannot keep up in any capacity. time to make the change! I look forward to a time when there is less pain in my feet on any given day instead of wondering how much they're gonna hurt. I notice myself breathing harder just walking to and from the car to a store, or climbing a flight of stairs. Not good!

Cassidy, no crying! But let this be a lesson for you right now missy. Take care of YOU so you have so much more to give your kids as they grow! They will love you for it I promise!
Old 08-12-2011, 04:36 PM   #78
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok! So he's here! Finally found a workout dvd that I think I can handle. He's got a cardio one but I don't think I'm ready for an hour straight of cardio! I'd probably pass out! This is a start and hey, the view ain't too shabby either!!

Old 08-12-2011, 05:12 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BigBlue10
For some reason your link didn't come through - I wanna see the view.....

Hey there - I'm Christina long time lurker I enjoy your journal you are a spuky lady!

Quote:
Contemplating all of the reasons "why" this has to happen for me. Health wise I feel really old. My mind is so young and playful but this big body cannot keep up in any capacity. time to make the change!
I cannot stand feeling old - too young to feel this dang old. I was just telling my friend today that I can remember when I was about 50lbs smaller or even 40lbs smaller I was able to do more, and feel like I was worth more....hindsite is 20/20 .... Patience will pull you through, If you can dream it you can do it.
Have a great rest of your evening and gimme the name of the dvd girly girl!
Old 08-12-2011, 06:24 PM   #80
Blabbermouth!!!

Old 08-12-2011, 06:30 PM   #81
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Christina! Thanks for keeping me company. I adore Bob Harper like no other. I actually got to meet him for a book signing and lecture he gave a few years back. He is amazing. The way you see him on tv, the guy who looks like he cares about the people he's talking to and training? Thats how he is!
I'm going to try and work my way through his entire program and see what happens. He's a tough trainer, and if you've ever done a Biggest Loser dvd workout you know! I will try and give it a whirl in the morning and I'll let ya know if I survive. LOL Hope to see you around often!

~danielle
Old 08-12-2011, 07:06 PM   #82

Danielle- that tape is awesome to start with, just go til you need a break reast a few and jump back in you will amaze yourself how quickly you build endurance!

So I watched a movie, Source Code, my son wanted to see it cause it was on a train, LOL Sci Fi which totally escapes me but I stayed awake!!!!! A whole 96 minute movie I didnt sleep through, LOL

I am beat, Fri nights are always tiring, I am ready for bed!!!!!

Have a good weekend and I am anxious to hear the Bob report!!!!
Old 08-13-2011, 04:28 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

I love Bob - he is one of the trainers on Biggest Loser that I admire, at first I thought Jillian was the bomb and i think it was b/c she is a she....but I learned to like Bob b/c he was more inspirational, and saw the potential in what people could do, not just for the show but a more inward focus. Definitely let us know how you like it.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:30 AM   #84

I loved Jillian too, I am sad she is not going to be on the show this year, I need toughness to motivate me but I agree that Bob really forms a relationship with people, like his yoga tape, you think dude are you nuts? But he has a calming way of getting you through it, LOL
Old 08-13-2011, 05:17 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

I am very into yoga - You know you have a good yoga session when all of your emotions surface and they just start to drain from you in the form of tears. I haven't seen his yoga tape, but might check it out I had Foot surgery in February of this year and have only just attempted yoga again this week, I'm not ready for class again just yet, b/c of my limited flexibility in my Big toe, so I have been doing mini yoga sessions at home.
I need toughness too, and this past year we lost our Bootcamp instructor at the gym to complications of flu and diabetes, you would never have known he had such a debilitating disease, he was an ex-drill sergeant. Motivation at the gym has yet to be replaced, and probably never will. So I gotta yell at myself for now....lol.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:53 AM   #86

Christina- get Bob Harpers weight loss yoga holy moly it is hard, might need to heal your foot though, I cant even do all of it and I hurt like crazy when I do it the next day!!!
I have Jilian's Shred still my favorite of all tapes, that is a killer 20 minute workout when pressed for time, and she has an advanced and beginner person so you can watch at whatever level you are at fitness wise!!!
Old 08-14-2011, 10:01 AM   #87
Blabbermouth!!!

I eventually want to get the Yoga dvd as part of this set. It looks HARD. My DD is a total yoga nut however, so may end up getting it for her and let her go to town with it. I really hope she keeps up with the yoga, she's been doing it since she was in 5th grade! Started with a class being offered after school and she loved it. Yep, my baby girl is gonna have abs of steel her whole life!

So today is the mall. With two teenage girls. Thank God DH is going with me for moral support because I would more than likely tie them up in a dressing room somewhere once they start getting the attitudes. Who knew that trying on jeans could be so stressful?! But these girls are always on a mission when it comes to jeans and in search of the perfect fit...ugh *shudders* I am dreading today! I didn't think about *this* part when we decided to have our kids close in age! Forgot about all teenagers at once and the shopping, etc. At least my boy is easy.. 'Alex, do you like these jeans they're on sale?" "Yeah sure that's cool." See how easy that was? The good part is, my girls are old enough that we can leave them to shop on their own for awhile and dh and I can go do our own thing so I don't go into cardiac arrest dealing with them.

OH! Did the Bob dvd. It's hard. It's 45 min. straight and when it says its beginner....notsomuch. praying that it gets easier. I had to stop and catch my breath and stop my legs from being on fire a few times. It was nice to move though so I'm happy I got it! Beats trying to walk outside in 110 degree heat!

DH watched Fathead with me last night. I think he really got it and was like, wow. His dad died 2 months ago from complications of diabetes and cholesterol. I pray that this is what lights a fire under his butt and he gets on the wagon with me. The idea behind insulin resistance potentially killing me was shocking to me. I am running out of do-overs so time to stick to it this time!!

Everyone have a wonderful day!
Old 08-14-2011, 06:03 PM   #88

Danielle- yeah you did it!!! The first step is actually unwrapping and doing it, I cant tell you how many brand new DVD's I had never opened!! Ughghg tell me about girls and boys, Bobby its like Target stuff, Autumn so difficult, I am feeling the jeans pain, my 18's are huge, I ordered 16's from old navy I cant get my leg in them, I have 16's from VS coming we will see if they fit, ughghg this darn belly skin, it is really making clothes shopping hard!!!!
Old 08-14-2011, 06:31 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

My son is a very fashion wearing person....so yeah i get tge whole shopping thing.i feel for ya...lol.
You will like yoga make usre you have straps andblocks they help get into some of the deeper posez for now until your muscles fibers losen up and your joints have a chance to get used to the bending,and take it slow if you can only do 10minutes at first thats fine you can work up to longer. It is you time some yoga is designed to relax you some is meant to energize you. But its all about you and your center.
I am with you about a nice cold beer in the hot summer...my hubs and i have date nights too thats real temptation when we go out....but we gotta do it and if you can get hubby to join you in this journey thatx almost half thebattle....
Old 08-15-2011, 07:01 AM   #90
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes Danielle. I know I have to do better for myself and for my DD. Glad you survived your shopping trip with the girls. Yea teenage years can be hard... I gave my mom hell!!!

I am glad you did the DVD!!! I am still walking to the Leslie Sanson DVD so I will do the 2mile this evening once I make it home.

Amber- Are you serious?? I just knew you would be wearing a 12. Well don't sweat it. I am sure with the woosh you had today, you can fit into those jeans for sure!!!!

Have a great day Danielle.

My Journal

Goals
1-Mar Down 20 lbs
20-Mar Down 30lbs -NYC TRIP
3-Apr Down 40lbs!!!
17-Apr Down 50lbs!
Closed Thread