Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2011, 01:48 PM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Can you try swimming or water aerobics class to get started?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2011, 04:09 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michellew67
Stats: 282/274.2/200 5'3" 44yrs
WOE: Atkinsish/general Low Carb High Protein
Start Date: 13th June 2011 - restart 28th June
Hiya DesertGurl, just making my mark on your Journal, You really sound like you are focused on the plan..and I applaud you for not being tempted by the chocolate cake. I had been on my plan for around 3 weeks when my daughter baked a chocolate cake, and when i came in from work, i couldnt resist, i had the tiniest skinniest piece from it, infact when i sliced it you could see the knife through it..but it tasted so good, I took the rest into work the next day for everyone. Just so I would be tempted that night to have another piece.

What are you planning to do exercise wise...? I am a member of a gym, me and hubby are, we are on the plan together, but havent been for over 2 weeks. Doesnt time fly when you let life get in the way?

I have the headaches have eased...I have had a major one for 2 days now and I cant shift it at all. My eyes are all watery and sticky and blocked sinuses too......I hate feeling sick.

Have a great day

First mini Goal reached : 262 20th Aug.
Second Goal reached : 252 1st October.

restarted 28th June 274.2lbs
Old 08-03-2011, 09:25 AM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Hi Michelle, thanks for stopping by! The chocolate cake was HARD. I dreamt about it and everything. LOL I dont know where that resolve came from since I'd only been on plan 3 days and already cake was coming in the house. I thought about asking them to go our for a dessert but I couldn't do that to my daughter. So far so good tho'! Sorry about the headache, I can certainly relate! I didn't get one yesterday at all *knocks on wood* and I'm praying I have seen the last of them! I would LOVE to be at a gym, I love the gym. The one I actually belonged to shut down last year and now I can't afford to even start up again anywhere else. I gotta figure something out though because exercise is a must for me!

Speck, swimming would be AMAZING. I don't have access to a pool, but water aerobics would be so fun!!!

I think I'm coming down with a cold. Just great! Had an awful nights sleep from coughing all night long. *sigh* gotta just keep trudging along, right? Maybe if I just don't think about it it'll go away? LOL

Doing a rain dance over here. A hurry-up-and-cool-down-dance of some sort. Heat advisory's for the next few days. It sucks going out in that heat! Can't wait til it cools down. I live in the wrong part of the state, clearly I am not cut out for desert dwelling. Once a Cali girl, always a Cali girl. I cannot wait to get back there in a few years!

I keep forgetting to weigh. Maybe it's a good thing?

~d
Old 08-03-2011, 09:30 AM   #34
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Danielle- I lived in San Diego for 6 years best years of my life I loved it, I was in Oceanside near Camp Pendleton, that was marriage #1,LOL

Yeah on passing on the cake, I dream about cupcakes all the time, when I had my arm surgery I was all doped up and that cooking show was on and they had 1000 cupcakes I was sure I died and was in heaven, LOL

Swimming would be good, DVD tapes, like Jillians or Bob's are really good, start slowly and do what you can and it is still a good workout!!!!

Dren you can make that goal by Dec, and you are going to have a blast in NYC CHristmas is the best time to go, the decorations, and lights the City is so fun!!!!
Old 08-03-2011, 10:15 AM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Danielle, what about some shows on FitTV? Or a DVD? I know you have foot problems, but you can probably modify some of the routines.

I think the rest of the country got our summer. It's August and we haven't had an over 100 day yet... not that I'm complaining!!
Old 08-05-2011, 07:19 AM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Weighing in is overrated. My own personal hell, actually. I weigh in about once a month, that works for me. I'm a slow loser so the weekly hop on and off the scale was making me crazy. Weigh when you feel like you should and don't let it throw you either way. I'm cheering for you!
Old 08-05-2011, 09:52 AM   #37

Hey Danielle!
What's shaking? Hope you have a good wekeend! Date movie again? I will wait for the review!!!!!
Hugs
Old 08-05-2011, 10:35 AM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Ugh, I dunno about the movie, but we are going to dinner. I am not feeling too swell. When I don't feel good I make stupid mistakes. LOL Gonna try and make sure I stay on the straight and narrow and hang in there til this cold or whatever it is passes. I am feeling huge, puffy, and over all just large. I think its TOM still hanging on and the fact that I haven't been drinking nearly enough water the last couple days. I refuse to weigh at all when AF is around so I'm not gonna bother until some time next week and I am feeling more like myself.

Blonde, thanks for finding me! Hope you're doing ok? Miss you.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:09 AM   #39

Rest up, drink up and feel better!!!!!
Old 08-06-2011, 11:08 AM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

I got over a cold recently, too, so sympathy hugs go out to you. Feel better soon!
Old 08-07-2011, 06:23 AM   #41

You feeling better Danielle? Hope you are having a fun weekend!
Old 08-08-2011, 05:18 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: drenfroe3418
Stats: 279/260/175
Start Date: July 2011 (Round 2)
Morning Danielle,

Hope you are feeling better. I can't believe the weekend is already over! Ugh!

I am down 5 pounds since last Monday and so excited. Last week the scales were not moving and I was staying OP so well. I am so glad to see it finally happening because I was getting discouraged. I have to see some progress to stay on it. I seem to be doing better this time though, not struggling like before. It's a mind game for sure.

I hope you will have a great week on plan! Let's do this thing!!!! I know we can! Amber, keep on being our encouragement!!!!! You truly inspire us!

Have a great day!

And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed. - Dr. Seuss

Old 08-08-2011, 05:32 AM   #43

Hey Dren!! Great job!!!!! I am doing a week of Dukan Attack, I have been so strict and nothing I keep bouncing around, so although I hate this very low fat diet it worked before, I am in critical alert stage now, I got to get off 14 pounds by 9/9, ughghg, so I am willing to try it!!!! Are you back on LC? One thing it does catch up, some weeks are nothing but then the big whoosh comes and it is all worthwhile
Old 08-08-2011, 06:25 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: drenfroe3418
Stats: 279/260/175
Start Date: July 2011 (Round 2)
Yep, the LC works better for me than anything and to me is easier to stay on. Just a no brainer! All of the others take too much thought for me! Ha!

That Dukan really works from what I hear! I have the book but have not tried it yet. You can do it Amber!
Old 08-08-2011, 10:04 AM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

*yawn* I am draggin today. Sorry to go MIA, I've been sick. I'm on antibiotics for bronchitis Feeling alittle better today, more back to the land of the living than I had been but still not myself. I have not been following plan at all I've just not been with it and I know it's not helping me get to where I want to be. I guess it is what it is and I move on from here. Groceries tomorrow, I am out of everything. My cupboards like Old Mother Hubbard. The good part is that we're using up stuff that would be going to waste but still, not what I need to be eating to feel my best and to lose weight.

Does anyone have any of Bob Harper's new workout dvd's?? I am very intrigued by these and I'm thinking this may become my new workout for awhile. I have the old BL dvd's but meh. Something new and unknown is probably something to get me excited about working out again!

Dren, congrat's on your loss lady!!!! I love the ease of lc eating. For the most part, the foods are generally what I would gravitate to on any given day anyways, its just eliminating all that sugar that is my downfall! I've GOT to remember to hang on during those times when the scale reflects no loss, that is a severe downfall of mine. Glad its working for you again!

Amber, thanks for checkin on me! I'm getting up and dusting myself off and gonna keep goin. I know what I want. I know how to get there. I can do it.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:51 AM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

Sorry you're still sick Danielle
Old 08-08-2011, 11:59 AM   #47

Sorry you are sick hun, no worries when you are ill you have to just get better that is the priority. I never checked out the new BL vidoes but I love Bob so I am sure they would be good!!! Get better so you can come and play with us!!!!!
Old 08-08-2011, 02:31 PM   #48
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey Speck, how are you? Ready for classes to start again?

Amber, thanks. Totally came out of nowhere, figured it was just allergies but then the hubbs made me go to the doc. Glad I did cause I can only imagine how much more miserable I'd be! lol And we wont talk about the grouchy, touchy, moody little person I have been the last week. Feeling alot better today thank goodness and looking forward to getting things really rolling. Praying no headaches come my way again though! Time is ticking, I have a half marathon I have to prepare for for next July!!! My BFF keeps teasing me and telling me I gotta get with it or she'll be running circles around me as we run.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:50 PM   #49
Blabbermouth!!!

Double post

Last edited by Speck333; 08-08-2011 at 05:51 PM..
Old 08-08-2011, 05:50 PM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!

Next Monday
Old 08-08-2011, 06:15 PM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

Speck,
I start the 22nd. I am so not into this semester. *stomps foot*. I have no idea why either cause I love school! I guess maybe because I'm finally getting myself together with the weight thing and really wanna focus on that for awhile. Ah well, can't have everything, right? I will do my best and maybe being busy with classes will keep me from actually falling off plan!

Ok....."the headache" is back......
Old 08-09-2011, 06:19 AM   #52

Danielle- a half marathon, OMG woman, you better start the couch to 5K, honest to God if it had me up to 2 miles in 6 weeks you can do it, I have no desire to run further than 3 miles, LOL I will say it burns the fat off ya, and will make you have killer legs, my legs are strong, except for the lovely skin overlay!!! LOL But tomrorow I get the stitches out then I must get back to running, there is no other cardio like running, it is by far the hardest thing. I agree I always say dieting is like a part time job, so much planning, recording, etc, but it is all worth it, I gained a pound, could be my SUnday carb load showing up cause I was all over Dukan yesterday, I hate low fat!! Give me some olive oil and almonds they fill me up!!!!
I hope you feel better soon, drink some coffee woman!!!! No need getting headaches form lack of coffee!!!
Good you got some medicine in ya, that will get you fixed up!!!!
Old 08-09-2011, 10:18 AM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!

Danielle, it's funny you should say that... I was thinking about this a couple days ago. Seems my weight has pretty much always been a problem, but I've had to focus on other things so intently (raising babies, etc.) that focusing on my diet and health have taken a back seat. Anyway, I decided last year that I couldn't be a good wife and mother, or anything else, if I didn't take care of myself first.
I agree with Amber, nothing knocks out a headache like a caffeine. And running. I loved the challenge of Couch to 5K. But after I finished the program, my motivation waned and my support network fell away and I let life get in the way of me continuing. And hellz yes it does wonders for muscle development, not just in the legs, but everywhere.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:11 AM   #54

Speck I know what you mean, I had every excuse in the book, that I was a single mom, I couldn't be away, I dont have time, blah blah to not take care of me, and you know there is time!!! Running is so freaking hard, I am going tonight after 2 weeks off I am just hoping I can run a mile, I got up to 2 then I was doing poorly so I am going back to week 5 and starting with that again, I need to find a race and commit to give me something to work towards
Old 08-10-2011, 09:16 AM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

You know what though, sometimes, logistically, it's just so much of a hassle. But as they say, where there's a will, there's a way. My "will" has waned, I guess. I was surprised at myself though... I got up to 3.5 miles last winter, and when I went out again about a month ago, I could still do a mile, easily! That gives me hope. I will do a 5k in October. I need to get training as well.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:30 AM   #56
Blabbermouth!!!

You runners are rockstars! Cannot imagine running 3 miles let alone 1 lap! Right now my hope is to be able to just WALK 3 miles! My feet are a mess and the pain probably won't ever completely go away. I dunno that I see much running in my future. Would be nice tho!

So here is what I posted in the group I'm part of here. Figured its just easier to paste it as it says pretty much what's goin on:

I am feeling better with the meds, but I am struggling BIG TIME with plan. Wanted to post this yesterday but didn't get here. I have sooooooo much going on in my personal life that I am treading water most of the time to just keep myself afloat, and I hate that I am such an emotional person, which then translates into emotional eating. I know how much I want this, I know how much I NEED this, and the only person who can do it IS ME. So why in the world would I choose to not take care of myself? I get so angry about this and wonder how come I choose to make myself so invisible on my own!! The one thing that has changed this time around tho? I REFUSE to disappear from here anymore. In the past, I'd struggle, stop posting and then just disappear for a long while. Of course, having regained what I'd lost, and then some. So, giving myself a pat on the back for sticking to this commitment at least, and for putting it out here because this is totally new concept to me. But here it is, right?

For the first time in my life I am finding that I am not as organized as I used to always be. I used to plan for every. thing. Now it seems like I have been just flying by the seat of my pants (hence, the crappy personal life stuff = treading water) for everything and I can't seem to get a grip. This is so not me! Gotta figure out a way to change this, and do it slowly and not expect miracles overnight. Gonna be tough but I know what I want and I gotta do it. I want desperately to give myself the gift of good health and a body i can be proud of!

So, yanno how I was asking about the Bob Harper dvd's? Finally decide that I'm gonna get a few and work on those.. We go to WalMart first, where I KNOW I have always seen them... they have none. ...... so after dinner DH tells me we'll go to Target to get them because I have looked at them there as well.... well yep, sure enough, all gone! I was SO mad!! I felt like a 2yo throwing a temper tantrum LOL Gonna try another Walmart and see if they have them. So weird that they're out everywhere. Figures!!!!

I watched Fathead the other night. Wow. Totally not what I expected at all, I loved it. Learned alot of things and holy cow, scared the crappola right outta me with the speak of insulin resistance/metabolic syndrome potentially killing you. I was dx'd with this 2 yrs ago! (So you'd think that would light the fire under my arse to get it done, huh????? I don't know what the heck I am waiting for????? ) I liked the very general way things were presented with the science, and something I think I will have my kids watch so they can learn something about why I'm choosing this lifestyle. If you haven't seen it, I give it a Must see!

Today my goal is to just figure out some menus for dinners. I am struggling still with feeding the family as a whole. Why must MY children be so dang picky. If one likes something, the others dont, and visa versa..so aggravating! Anyone want 3 teenagers, I'll sell 'em cheap!

~Danielle

Last edited by DesertGurl; 08-10-2011 at 09:33 AM..
Old 08-10-2011, 09:35 AM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh! And I did finally just buy some more coffee! Happy days are here again!!!!
Old 08-10-2011, 09:52 AM   #58
Blabbermouth!!!

Great post Danielle. I have felt the same way, like everything is just "wrong", like I know what to do, I just can't make myself. Then it gets so overwhelming, I sink into despair. One thing at a time, baby steps. You can climb out on tiny step at a time.
Watching Fathead and reading "Good Calories, Bad Calories" by Taubes, really solidified my commitment to life-long low carb eating and understanding about the healthfulness of it.
If you want some inspiration for dinner menus, go here http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...ner-menus.html I, and others, have been logging our weekly dinner menus for over a year.
My kids are picky, too, and they are much younger than yours. But I gave up on trying to please everyone at dinner time, and I refuse to be a short order cook or feed my kids the old standby carbage on a regular basis. Oh sure, they get their burgers with buns and Kraft mac n cheese once in a while, but we have a rule now: eat dinner, shut up about it if you don't like/want it, or you go to your room and put on your PJs and do nothing after dinner. Of course, this wouldn't quite work with teens, but you get the idea.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:06 AM   #59

Danielle- Writing out how you feel and what is making you struggle is the first step to gaining control, it all comes in baby steps, and you are taking them, you cant just totally align everything in life perfectly so you work toward what you want, there will be trip ups! But you do it day in and day out and it gets easier, LOL I am like you, when I want something I want it now and will focus on only that til I get it!!! LOL I know I saw them at Target, usually if you ask they tell you when they get their orders in!

Now what is Fat Head, is it a movie or TV show? I will look for it. As for dinners I never really struggled with it, it is pretty much meat, salad, and if the guys want pasta or potatos I make that for them, I really didn't find it hard cooking for the non low carb bunch. I do find you have to be really prepared though, so I have Tony grill up like 3 days worth of meat on Sunday then when i get home from the gym I just make a salad or other veg and done, saves so much time!!!!!

Thank God for coffee woman!!!! LOL Dunkin Donuts is releasing their K cups for the Keurig today I am getting some!!!!!
Old 08-10-2011, 11:31 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Here is the link for the Hula showing of Fathead.

Hulu - Fat Head - Watch the full movie now.

Someone else mentioned that it was on demand on one of cable sites without the ads. This was made after the movie Supersize
Closed Thread