LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2011, 03:24 PM   #481
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Stats: 254.2/222.8/140
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Oh yikes!!!

Uh ummmmmmm, wow. I guess he feels invincible with all that freedom, huh? Alex drives but he didn't til he was 18. Frankly, I think 16 is WAY too young to drive. I have endured the high school parking lost every stinkin day for the last 5 years(with 2 more to go after this year..) and I see how these kiddos drive. Blows my mind and makes me thankful that my girls aren't driving yet.

The only thing I can think is to *hit him where it hurts* , he needs to have what's important to him taken away.. perhaps he needs to be driven to school or take the bus again,carted around like a young'un, like the "good ole days" for awhile. He's obviously proving that he isn't mature enough to handle the freedom. I do this with my kids and their cell phones actually.. they forget to call me or text me when they arrive somewhere, and if I have to text or call them after awhile to check and make sure they're breathing, you betcha they get that phone snatched. They also get FB blocked. Works better than grounding in our house. And yup, DS may be 18 but he is still required to check in with us going back and forth wherever, he never ever forgets. I wish I had 10 of him cause he is the most amazing kid. I joke with Bryan that he makes the other 2 look bad. I keep waiting for the shoe to drop with him, for some skeleton to come rollin out of his closet. I'm still waiting. LOL

I think if you just show him you mean business and aren't going to tolerate the attitude and the lack of responsibility he will get it real fast. He won't like being driven everywhere, or for anyone to know either. lol

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell

Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2011, 03:31 PM   #482
Blabbermouth!!!

Ha! I see Amy had the same idea. Great minds think alike girlfriend!

Teenagers aren't so bad. At least I don't think so. *I* was a living holy terror I can tell you that. I was grounded for months at a time, still went out, got grounded some more for breaking that grounding, so on and so forth.. Too bad Dr. Phil wasn't around then to ask my mom, "how's that workin for ya?" My kids are a far cry from how I behaved. Night & day no joke. I think I shudder the most at all the stuff my parents *never* found out about.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:43 AM   #483
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BigBlue10
Quote:
My kids are a far cry from how I behaved. Night & day no joke. I think I shudder the most at all the stuff my parents *never* found out about.
Me too, and that is what scares me.

Thanks you so much. i didn't mean to go off on a rant. DH is like take it all away, put him in shackles in his room and feed him bread and water. I have had Dylan since he was 2 by myself, aside from last year when he went to go be with his Dad (that was stellar) b/c OUR rules sucked.

I took DS out to dinner lastnight and said " i try not to throw you to the wolves when you screw up (meaning DH), but you leave me no choice when you constantly press your luck, i give you rope and every time I do you hang yourself with it. So why should I give you more rope?"
It's kind of like teenagers now days try to out dumb you.

Anywho thanks for the thread jack! To all of you for the advice! D you are my Dr. Phil!
Old 10-16-2011, 05:07 PM   #484
Blabbermouth!!!

Some of the stuff I did, seriously, I think back about it now and OMG I cannot believe that was ME!!! I was very very lucky in some situations because life could have been very different for me. My dad liked to tell me I was like a cat, somehow no matter how far the fall, I ALWAYS landed on my feet. Always. Total luck as I see it hindsight that's for dang sure!

Anytime Christina! Dr. Phil drives me nuts most of the time, but man, when the man is right, the man is right. Gotta give props where they're due!

Your DS will figure it out quickly. When his 4 walls become way small, its amazing how quickly they "get it". Teenagers will always try and outsmart you, it's what they were put on this earth for. It's funny, my kids tend to forget that Bryan and I were actually kids too. HA! And imagine their horror when they go thru drama and then realize that we were actually right. I figure one of these days it'll stick and they'll remember that more and more and choose more wisely.

Guys, I feel like total crappola. I hate this no real exercise. Dr. time I think, cause I need to get that dang shoe on sooner than later to hit the road. My eating suffers without exercise too cause I cant eat as much. I'm finding the way WW works for me and how I can keep from being so hungry is the workouts help me be able to eat more and right now without it, I can't eat so much and that makes me a very grumpy girl.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:13 PM   #485
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Hey girlie I am back with a vengance, all time gain of 19 pounds, LOL But back to business and all is well, I have a lot of reading to do tomorrow!!!!!
Old 10-17-2011, 06:03 AM   #486
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyP
WOE: Paleo Low Carb
D - can you do some workout videos without shoes? Do some squats and wall push ups with out shoes fast enough it will get your heart rate up. Then by the time your toe heals you will be super strong!
(and if you do go to the doc and they do anything nasty to your toe, I don't wanna hear it...eww.)
Old 10-17-2011, 06:29 AM   #487
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
Yea no nasty feet stories about them tosies!!!!
Old 10-17-2011, 11:54 AM   #488
Blabbermouth!!!

No nasty feet stories. I *did* go to the doc today tho. I have an infection in my big toe so have antibiotics and stay off the foot for the week.

Amy, I tried doing exercise barefoot but any pressure on my toes and I would Especially near the tips of my toes O.M.G.

hence the trip to the doc.....

he did some other stuff but I won't say.

Should be healed up by the weekend *knocks on wood*

I'm glad I went to the doctor, I was starting to feel like I was nutso because it felt like everyone was thinking I was crazy for it still hurting like it was...

doc looks at it and says, "oh yes, you have the start of a little infection in there!"

My reaction was, "oh phew, so I'm not nuts then it really is supposed to be hurting!!!"
Old 10-17-2011, 12:06 PM   #489

Danielle- OMG that toe is still sore and you just now went to the doctor??? Ughg what am I going to do with you???? Well at least now you will get on the mend! Oh man I am dreading the teenage years, my son is good but that scares me the ones that are good now, LOL He has his first 5th grade dance on Halloween a Monster Bash and now he doesnt want to go, I said you are going they say it is the most fun thing, he is so shy I want him to break out of his shell, I don't know how me the extrovert got such a shy boy, LOL He wanted to be Capt America and I got him this darn expensive costume so it would fit him since he is so tall, and now he wants to be a ghoul or something scary so I said fine I will make you a separate costume for that but your butt is going to that dance, LOL
Old 10-17-2011, 12:18 PM   #490
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good to hear on the toe Danielle.

Amber- Can you return the costume?? Or maybe try and sell it to someone else's kid. I am sure Bobby will grow out of his shy stage. At this point, you are usually just starting to like girls a tad and maybe once he grows into himself as a person he will become more confident.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:04 PM   #491
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/215/211 Mini-Goal
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Hey...stopping in. Hope your toe feels better soon!
Old 10-19-2011, 07:57 AM   #492
Blabbermouth!!!

Amber I figured the toes were sore because half my nail on them had been ripped off. LOL Didnt figure on an infection in there at all. also, like i said, I figured maybe I was being a little neurotic about the pain. Nope, turns out I am not nuts!!!

Aw, poor Bobby. Shy boys make wonderful boyfriends when they get older! Alex was a pretty shy kid too up til about 8th grade and then he really started coming out of his shell. Once he really found things he was passionate about and started getting into things, he was like a totally different kid! I see how he is with his gf and he is just so sweet and kind to her. Mama did good!

Watching TBL last night. Good golly, watching Bob on that bull! Black team is kickin butt with those weigh-ins. Gotta love Bob! The red team doesn't have the losses they do, and you'd think they would with all those big people on their team? I'm kinda glad that Courtney went home, she's a baby. Poor Ana, has to deal with the cranky old lady on Blue!

About 5 or 6 weeks til we move!!! Have I started even remotely getting ready for that???? UM, NOOO! School has had me buried, as well as, all the kids stuff going on. It's gonna be a long month gettin ready to move and preparing for finals that week we move. Ugh!!!
Old 10-19-2011, 08:29 AM   #493

Danielle- where are you moving to? I think I missed it!!!

I knew you were going to love Bob on the bull last night, LOL OMG did you see the previews Ramon and the blonde girl kissing and saying I love you? Holy crap! I like Bonnie but come on, she has to push herself and why not to see bigger losses its not like she tried out and thought she was going to sit around, I think Anna is doing a surprisingly good job with what she has to work with! I really like the other blue girl I want her to succeed. Courtny looks fabulous though at home, I want to look for those BL meals I never saw them around here. No one can get the weight off though like Bob and Jillian, I still miss her on there.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:32 AM   #494
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: drenfroe3418
Stats: 279/260/175
Start Date: July 2011 (Round 2)
I missed you saying you were moving too! Exciting!!!!!!!

Yea, that Bonnie needs to stop her whining and just do it already!!! We finally got Antone to stop crying and now we have to listen to Bonnie! Ha!
Old 10-19-2011, 09:40 AM   #495
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drenfroe3418 View Post
I missed you saying you were moving too! Exciting!!!!!!!

Yea, that Bonnie needs to stop her whining and just do it already!!! We finally got Antone to stop crying and now we have to listen to Bonnie! Ha!
I was just saying the same thing Dren.... Stop your whining already lady!!!!!! She is a stubborn thang isn't she. Yea I agree shy guys make the best mates!!!!

Bob on that Bull!!!!! HILARIOUS!!!!! He does pull some big numbers though... those other trainers have to step their game up!! And Ramone and the blonde!!!!!! HOLY COW!!!!!! He loves her this fast!!! and someone gained 5lbs!!!!
Old 10-20-2011, 05:20 AM   #496
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ref2010
Dani, ....wassup wasssup !!??

Hope the toe is healing ok.... I know that just sucks and is frustrating !!

Still in NJ, will be going home back to Houston tomorrow....yay.... Its been
nice here, weather has been off and on nice...but over all has been good.
But ready to get away from the place that all they believe in is Bread and Pasta
and Freakin Dunkin donuts on every corner...To places that have just grilled meat !!
hahaah...

Have a great day !!
Old 10-20-2011, 07:37 AM   #497
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What's shakin Danielle??
Old 10-20-2011, 07:45 AM   #498
Blabbermouth!!!

Good Morning! Happy Friday Eve!!!

The. Biggest.Loser. What can I say? I freakin just love this show! I love Bob. LOL They could just do a reality show about him and I would be glued.
And Jillian. Gotta have Jillian. I watch her on The Doctors, but it just isn't the same.

Bob can seriously pull those huge numbers, he is kicking the other two trainer's a$$e$. I think Dolvett (is that his name? looks funny writing it!) has ALOT of work to do emotionally with his team. Those 2 boys left have some serious mental issues to work through, and it explains why they are so big, and don't pull near what Black team boys do! Bonnie, omg, I wanted to shove one of those floaty weighty things they were using in the pool, right into her piehole. Good grief! Why are you here lady???????????? Makes me feel bad for the other blue girl---her name totally escapes me right now. Can you freakin believe Black Team has all their players still!!!!

YES! We are moving. My lease is up in this hellhole and I cannot wait to leave! Things are always breaking and then takes maintenance freakin 10 days to get here to fix crap. But boy, they want their rent right on time, don't they!

I started cleaning out some boxes yesterday. Good hell, I don't even know why I have some things. Trying to make this move as stress-free as possible and I'm so glad we're getting a mover this time. This way hopefully they'll be done in a few hours and I don't have to wear myself out and can still be doing homework and studying for finals. Gotta maintain my 4.0 people!!!

Jarod, so glad to hear from you and that you didn't die eating a vendor hotdog! Now, you did mention somewhere,.....I think it was Christina's thread, that you did have beer tho..... I had some for you too!

The toe feels really really weird! I realized its gotta be the nerves on the surface where the nails are missing that make my toes hurt. Weird feeling!
I gotta get my butt out there tho and going with this weightloss cause time is atickin!!!!!!!
Old 10-20-2011, 08:18 AM   #499
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/215/211 Mini-Goal
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Lmao @ wanting to shove a floaty in Bonnie's "piehole"....!!!

Bob on that bull made me smile. I love him. Lol. He can be super tough in training, but.seems to have a huge heart & sense of empathy for people.

Hope your packing goes well...moving is def.a stressful experience. Positive vibes sent your way!
Old 10-20-2011, 08:27 AM   #500
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Jayce! I am stressing over this move. Getting 3 teenagers to get their stuff together..... this may be a job for Superman! I could bang my head against the wall and get better results! LOL
Old 10-20-2011, 08:39 AM   #501
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh lord... I can only imagine. I hope everything goes smoothly especially since you have a mover!

Don't get me started on Bonnie!! She ticked me off!!!
Old 10-20-2011, 10:00 AM   #502
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, my kids look at me like I've got 3 heads when I tell them they are to start packing up stuff they wont need within the next month or so. I get plenty of eye rolls and sighs and "yessss mooommmmm" but no action!
The time will be here before we all know it and there we will be til the middle of the night scrambling to pack it up. Uh uh, not this girl!!! I'll go to bed and let 'em all figure out how they're gettin their stuff to the new place.

Can you even freakin believe there are only 65 days until Christmas???????????? Where did this year go?????
Old 10-20-2011, 10:27 AM   #503

OMG -I know one thing I am not going nuts getting myself into more debt for Christmas! Of course I always say that and then go nuts the last 2 weeks, LOL
Old 10-20-2011, 10:35 AM   #504
Blabbermouth!!!

I started doing some shopping online already. Sucks that I gotta move that stuff too but it's stuff that's hard-to-find and had to order so I just did it. My 2 older kids are alittle picky about certain things, collectables, etc..so it takes some thought process on my end which I don't always have LOL

I've stopped for now just cause we gotta pay to move in and for movers so I'm trying to control myself alittle bit. LOL Not to mention I really really wanna go to Vegas mid Dec!
Old 10-20-2011, 11:41 AM   #505
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am about to get my school refund in a few days and I will go and stock up on DD some Christmas stuff and some stuff for James. I need to see what he wants... he has mentioned an IPAD2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *pretended that I didn't hear*
Old 10-20-2011, 01:27 PM   #506
Blabbermouth!!!

It looks like right about now the stores everywhere are starting to do their markdowns for the holidays. I am lovin Amazon. 1-stop-shopping without getting offa my couch! Kinda nice ordering clothes for the girls and not having to go wrestle some teenyboppers over sizes in a store. Everyone offers free shipping I can't argue with that set-up.

Cassidy, Bryan wants an iPad2 too. I try and pretend I didn't hear but he keeps talking! I'm actually thinkin maybe I may get him one, depends on how the move goes and expenses. We have gone years and years without exchanging gifts to eachother, always for the kids. This year maybe it'll be different!
Old 10-20-2011, 02:05 PM   #507

My son wants an Ipad and his computer is so old and slow I think that is what he will get, he deserves it, I usually take Autumn to Justice, and I get killed in Dec with her and Tony both having B-days as well! LOL
Old 10-20-2011, 03:43 PM   #508
Blabbermouth!!!

I don't think I would like my birthday being in December. Too many grouchy relatives tryin to double-up a birthday gift as a xmas gift.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:39 PM   #509
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I don't think I would like my birthday being in December. Too many grouchy relatives tryin to double-up a birthday gift as a xmas gift.
Oh that rule goes for Dec and Jan which is the month of both James and I.

Amber- I can't wait for janiyah to fit into Justice for girls stuff!! it is all so cute!
Old 10-20-2011, 05:46 PM   #510
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceecee08 View Post
Oh that rule goes for Dec and Jan which is the month of both James and I.

Amber- I can't wait for janiyah to fit into Justice for girls stuff!! it is all so cute!
LOL Cassidy!! I'm sorry girl, you got stuck with one of "those" birthday's huh. I have a niece who's b-day is Dec. 13..she's not old enough yet to realize that she may get jipped when she's older.

I was so sad when my girls outgrew Justice and Limited Too stuff. Now it's all big girl stores. Meh!
Closed Thread