Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod View Post
Dani...
CONGRATS on your 98% !!!! Awesome......

As far as your marathon goes.....you know...you CAN alternate your days on
walk/jogging to cycling !!?? I love riding.. when I trained for Dualthons (Run/Bike/Run)
races...of course I had to do both...but I know marathoners who do cycle a lot to
ease the wear and tear on their bodies and still get good cardio in..
and the alternate training will still assist in your weight loss....the cycling will
still strengthen your thighs and hamstrings that you use in running.....
so....give it a shot..... plus....it cuts down on boredom of the running..!!

ROCK ON Lady !!

Oh...and its Friday.....um....careful of the beer intake...!! haha
I am rewarding my great week with some tonight as I head out with some friends !!
but....back on path tomorrow....with lots of water to counteract the beer consumption !!
HAHA
I think if I was actually able to run right now I would seriously consider getting into the cycling now...however, I am clearly not ready to run/jog yet at all so I'm going to just focus on really turning on the speed with my walks. I can already tell a difference when we're out there, I feel lighter when we go so I know my legs are conditioning the way they should. I DO need to figure out a strength training option tho for days we don't walk. I don't want to end up all mush at goal!

Ultimately, say in about 3 year, I would LOVE to do a triathalon! I want to get this half out of the way as I drop weight, and as I meet my ultimate weight-loss goal I want to try for a full marathon the following year. Then maybe train for a tri. Right now I just can't see spending the extra money for biking stuff when I have such a long ways to go physically just with the walking. KWIM? But soon!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2011, 08:38 AM   #392
Blabbermouth!!!

Getting ready for the first field show of the season. I'm really gonna miss this when DD17 graduates this year. She was the only one of the 3 who did band (like her mama!) so I got to relive my high school days through her! Not a whole lots changed. I can't even take comfort in thinking she'll continue while in college (now THAT is something to see, huge big college band...amazing!) because she's going to an art academy in San Francisco...no band.

Today promises to be hot...104 hot. Thank goodness there was someone smart enough to invent umbrellas!! I'll be doing homework in between sets because this ole girl is having a heckuva time keeping up this semester. I can't wait for second semester already.

Bryan and I went out last night. AGAIN. Just to dinner. Rock Bottom. No appetizer and I literally only ate half my burger and maybe 4 onion rings. Not *too* bad, not wonderful either. However, I did have my extra WW points for the week so that's where they went. Oh, and lets not forget the yum yum beer. LOVE their beer. Then it was time to pick up the girls from the football game and that's all she wrote. Went home and crashed after I got an amazing back rub from dearest husband.

I miss my walking!!!!!!

I'm sure I'll be checking in from the show trying not to melt to death! Have a great Saturday all!
Old 10-02-2011, 03:37 AM   #393
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
OMG Danielle that was a a saga!! No Eddie, oh well- I am used to cow farms here that is where I grew up, you knew it was going be a good day by whether or not you smelled cow manure or chocolate from the M&M plant, LOL

Yes stick to walking for now and progress as you get stronger, if yo can do some weight training legs are the first to get stronger and are your large muscles so they burn more fat the more muscle you build. Is there a YMCA or something around? Plus I know you hate the heat, and then it would be some AC for ya!

It is cold and rainy here, 45 today ugh!!!!
Old 10-02-2011, 02:41 PM   #394
Blabbermouth!!!

Yep, told you guys. I am THE worlds biggest klutz!

Literally 30 seconds on the stands at DD17's competition and I fell. Nearly flat on my face. Oh not before totally destroying my toes on my right foot. And uh no, I wasnt wearing tennis shoes......flip flops. So my big toe literally has the center of my toenail missing nearly halfway down the toe. The toe next to that one, its bent back completely half way. Bloody and nasty. I thought I was going to pass out when I saw it. i also think the second toe is broken. I broke it a couple years ago and its never been right since. Now it just freakin hurts like a mo-fo.... Needless to say the top half of my foot is swollen.

No walking for me for a couple days. I gotta figure out how to get what's left of my nails either off or filed. not to mention I can't walk fully on my foot.

Good thing tho, I'm down a pound for the week already! I did really well at the show and ate my snacks I brought and even bought an Apple and an Orange from concessions instead of the nachos I really wanted.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:23 PM   #395

OMG Danielle!!!! You really messed yourself up!!! Ugh I had toe surgery last year and my darn nail is still not right! Maybe cut off the bruised part so it heals and tape the toes that are bruise, OMG woman!!!!
Old 10-02-2011, 06:32 PM   #396
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope it heals Danielle. I am a klutz too... I have fell at church, parties, school, you name it I have fell there. Don't feel bad.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:13 AM   #397
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: drenfroe3418
Stats: 279/260/175
Start Date: July 2011 (Round 2)
Man, that hurts me to think about it! Foot, toe problems are the worst. I hope you are feeling better today! Take care of yourself.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:02 AM   #398
Blabbermouth!!!

So the swelling seems to be down a bit this morning. OMG having to take a shower... *insert fainting smiley here* holy hell it hurt. Still haven't dealt with the "extra's" on the nails, way way too sore to try cutting right now. 2 days of just throbbing, it's getting really annoying now.
My plan is to be walking by Wednesday..... maybe. Depends if the swelling goes down some more and I can actually put pressure on my toes. Right now I can't get my foot inside the shoe.

Next year is full of busy traveling. March'ish we have to take our trip to San Francisco with DD17 to tour her University, July I fly to Montana to do the half-marathon, and in September the BFF and I are going to Vegas to celebrate our birthdays. By September *hopefully* I will be fairly close to goal and would LOVE to be able to buy a really sexy cocktail dress to take to Vegas. The plan is to do one dress-up night and do the town. I can't wait! The idea that I can be so much smaller by then excites me more than even going I think.

Traveling comes airplane seats. Meh. I am thankful that I have 6 months head start before the first trip to get my arse smaller so I can be more comfortable in the seat! Our last trip in April to Los Angeles was sorta stressful for me cause, while I fit fine in the seat, I *felt* huge sitting there. If that makes sense? By July and September it shouldn't be an issue! *crosses fingers* The things big people have to worry about, seriously!!!!
Old 10-03-2011, 08:04 AM   #399
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh and Dren, the toes are UGLY to look at. Bryan REFUSES to look at them. He's sad cause my feet are one his most favorite things about me.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:16 AM   #400
Senior LCF Member

They'll be beautiful again!!!!!!
Old 10-03-2011, 08:20 AM   #401
Blabbermouth!!!

Let's hope, huh? He might divorce me otherwise!
Old 10-03-2011, 09:07 AM   #402
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyP
WOE: Paleo Low Carb
EWWW!!!! Toes and feet make me wanna hurl in general then you start talking about broken toenails! EWWW!!!

Hope they heal soon and I hope you don't describe them anymore. HA!! Just kidding!

I hear ya about the plane seats and feeling huge. I fit in them okay but always FEEL huge. Even at the movies I feel ginormous. But somehow I don't think that feeling will ever go away for me...
Old 10-03-2011, 09:15 AM   #403
Senior LCF Member

That is one of the things I am looking forward to the most at Christmas! Flying and being about 40 pounds lighter than the last time I flew in those tiny seats! I can't wait to see how that feels!!!!!
Old 10-03-2011, 10:59 AM   #404
Blabbermouth!!!

Amy Feet are fine as long as they are taken care of!! I spend alot of time taking care of mine cause otherwise it just gets weird. I think that's why he likes my feet so much. My feet literally look like the Hang Ten logo if you've ever seen it? I ALWAYS have polished toes and this little detour just may kill me by not being able to do much til this heals up.

Dren, how exciting that will be...40 pounds!! Thats about my goal for the March trip...I can't wait!
Old 10-04-2011, 09:19 AM   #405
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BigBlue10
Look at you! Sicne you have started WW you have just been melting WTG chica! Greta job!
I hope your toe gets better - it suck when your foot doesn't work the way it's supposed to......but had your foot worked before hand you wouldn't be in t his mess huh? lol........... What a bummer.
It will get better before you get married, oh damn too late.

My dad used to say that all the time.

So how did DD17 do ?
Old 10-04-2011, 09:22 AM   #406
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thats about my goal for the March trip...I can't wait!
You may want to stay away from the trips for now.....you haven't mastered your falls yet.....
bahahahaha

I'm so sorry I couldn't resist......
Old 10-04-2011, 10:37 AM   #407

Danielle- I am with Amy, feet gross me out, LOL When I went to beauty school and had to do pedicures I was dying! My toes are hideous, I so have toe envy, and on top of that toes the size of most peoples fingers! LOL I would post a pic of my disgusting stomach skin before a toe picture, LOL Isaid to the girl doing my pedicure make them look good for Vegas, she was like " me can only do so much" LOL I said I know!!!!!
Old 10-04-2011, 11:05 AM   #408
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Amber!!!!!! "me can only do so much!!!" LMAO
Old 10-05-2011, 07:51 AM   #409
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue10 View Post
Look at you! Sicne you have started WW you have just been melting WTG chica! Greta job!
I hope your toe gets better - it suck when your foot doesn't work the way it's supposed to......but had your foot worked before hand you wouldn't be in t his mess huh? lol........... What a bummer.
It will get better before you get married, oh damn too late.

My dad used to say that all the time.

So how did DD17 do ?
Well yeah, the weight *does* fly off when I actually FOLLOW THE PLAN!! This week has not been too great food wise.

It's TWO toes that are munched and they still hurt like a you-know-what. I haven't stuck my foot in a tennis shoe yet, I have no idea whether I can actually go walking yet. The last 3 days have been crazy hectic in the evenings with the kids so haven't even attempted to try. I'm going to have to tonight because this being wonky on plan is pissin me off!

DD17 did very well. They took first in their division and 4 of the 5 captions they give out. Music, percussion, general effect, and one other one that escapes my brain at the moment.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:57 AM   #410
Blabbermouth!!!

Amber, you & I had that conversation about monkey toes last year on the *other* thread. You're so funny, I can just see you telling her to do your feet. LOL I do love my toes.. er, well I "did"... We'll have to see how these 2 toenails grow back in and hopefully not all wonky.

I HAVE to try and walk tonight. I pray pray it doesn't hurt. I am definitely feeling the fact that the exercise stopped so abruptly. Energy is less and I'm not sleeping as well as I was. Sometimes it feels like I will never get to goal, much less the 5% that I'm aiming for now. It's only another freakin 11 pounds, you'd think I'd be able to do that, eh? Well, let's hope its not more cause my eating has been way off this week.

Hallelujiah for cooler weather today!!! The windows are actually open. *faints*
Old 10-05-2011, 08:05 AM   #411
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ref2010
Dani...WTH are you doing !!!! Ouuch... now you KNOW that is gonna hurt (be tender)
when you start walking ....it happned to me about 4 yrs ago...dropped a can of tomatoes right on my 2nd toe and well.... it got black and blue and came off...and it hurt to wear shoes and to run....I had to put a bandage around it and then the sock before I did anything.....Maaan....girl you are fallin apart...>Get your Jank together !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I dunno that I'm an emotional eater, a bored eater or just an EATER. I just like food plain & simple. I've never been able to really pinpoint my moods with foods and if what I've eaten or going to eat is really tied to what's going on in my world. Very strange actually. Going to be working on that in therapy I think.

J, glad to see you today it's been too long.
I am too... I just love food.... I love to cook... I love to create it...I love to enjoy
it..and love to eat it.... I have been known to eat emotional..and out of boredom...
and...well..when celebrating....or when being social...or...just to eat.

Soo......as long as we EAT the right kinds....we will be ok !!!
Old 10-05-2011, 01:36 PM   #412
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bigbone
Stats: 380/327.2/199
WOE: Low Carb n' Stuff
Start Date: Re-restart 6/1/11
Hope the toe is getting better D! I'm a bit on the clumsy side myself My sisters use to joke that my ankles were to small to carry my body! I'd say my ankles are the size my body should be... smaller! Glad they're not cankles! Heal soon Girly!
Old 10-05-2011, 02:01 PM   #413
Senior LCF Member

D - waaasssuppp?!
Okay - so now that you are smiling - pullleeeezzzz be careful with your feet- foot - toe - toes - ankles - legs - self.....
Take your time and don't get bent out of shape if it's just not feeling good. YOU LOST A TOE NAIL FOR GOODNESS SAKE!
You got drive I'll give you that!

I agree with the emotional eating - i eat sometimes for no reason but just to do something with my hands I think - I quit smoking a long time ago and I don't know if that might have soemthing to do with it or what - school has been stressfull and not to mention DS driving ack.....

Wish I could wave a wand and make your toe better (((hugs)))
Old 10-05-2011, 02:23 PM   #414
Blabbermouth!!!

I just wish the *other* toenail would fall off already. The big toe, well, didn't get a choice on that one, it just kinda ripped down the middle of my big fat toe. The toe next to it, is split down the center and just hangin on either side.

Oh, did I mention that at last night I kicked a rock with the bad toes walking out from DD17's band concert. I saw for about 15 min. afterwards. Bryan was about to lecture me about not wearing closed toe shoes until he remembered that I *can't* wear them.

The weather is glorious today, makes me REAALLLLLYYY want to get out and walk tonight. I'm gonna have to suck up some pain I think cause it could take forever for this thing to heal.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:45 AM   #415
Blabbermouth!!!

No walk. I can't put my shoe on yet. I could probably do it for about 10 min. before it gets excruciating, but that's nuthin and a waste. Soooooooo, gonna have to come up with something I can do in my house, maybe some strength training for awhile....something, anything!

We are moving in like 6 weeks and I have yet to even begin cleaning out a thing. Truth is, I'm askeered! LOL there's alot of stuff and I just don't feel like dealing with any of it. What's annoying is I got this pesky little thing called school/homework that doesn't wait for nobody. I clearly did not think this through in my choice of classes for this semester tied in with all the personal stuff going on, did I? Argh! Welp, guess what, my kids and Bryan are actually going to have to help me pack this time. *gasp* I know, the horror of it all, huh? Seriously, we have moved a zillion times and I can tell you I have single-handedly done it ALL. The packing. The cleaning. Everything. Lookin back I have zero idea how in heck I ever did that with 3 toddlers running around. Wow, I am super woman, huh? I'm gonna hate passing off this stuff to everyone, I hate not being in control. lol

Ah well...

More glorious weather today, and we even got rain last night! Love overcast weather with a breeze blowing in..of course, in about an hour you'll probably find me curled up under a blanket snoring very loudly.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:48 AM   #416
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ref2010
Dani....seriously.... I AM gonna hurl with all the talk about your toenails!!! haha..
if you would stop kickin rocks and beating yourself up....hahaha...

[QUOTE=DesertGurl;15062723]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod View Post
Well..... Good job on not having any...B*#R ( I didnt wanna say....um...."Beer")
What, Jarod? Are you saying BEER is a 4-letter word??????????? I guess I'm in trouble then.
YOU ARE in Trouble every weekend you and Bryan go out...haha BUT...it is your reward..
haha....

I SO love your stories and all that happens in your family and life...it is quite comical..
we need to get you a reality show...call it "Dani's Circus" haha...

Well....I will be "rewarding" myself tonight....I am having...about...6 beers and hot wings ... (For some reason..my DVR records 2 channels from 7pm til 10 pm on Thursday nights !! haha...well...I KNOW why...cuz I record them....haha ) SO that means...
I wont be able to WATCH my game (while 2 other things are recording) tonight at 8pm...on Primetime ESPN....(annnd one thing you didnt mention a couple weeks ago..
is that Slaughtering the Ducks put on your Wildcats... hahaha )
So...tonight I have to go out to where my DS (22) works at a Sports Bar...and
watch my Ducks take on Cal tonight.... So....No reward for me this weekend...I am taking it tonight...haha...BEEEEEER yes..I SAID it !! Beer beer beer !! haha....
(but...it will be LiGHT beer...) so...ok.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:55 AM   #417
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyP
WOE: Paleo Low Carb
If you want some exercise that is both cardio and strength go look up Burpee exercise...torture, but works quickly! I started trying to do about five in a row and wanted to die.

I plan on never moving again until we retire.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:03 AM   #418
Blabbermouth!!!

Beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer..........................

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Usually when we go out I have light beer too. I don't care for it as much as, say, a hefeweizen but it works. And the good thing is, if we have beer at home it's always light. So see, I'm trying to work with you here Jarrod

My best friend is always telling me that my life reads like a sitcom most of the time. Oh man, especially about 10 years ago, good lord I could've sworn Ashton Kutcher was laying in wait somewhere on a daily basis with all the drama/comedy I had going on. The klutzy stuff, well, that's just who I am. LOL I get hurt in the most random weirdo ways and it's so much that now Bryan doesn't react like he used to. Cause seriously, who in hell can actually rip their toenails perfectly down the center on a metal step with such precision? Just me!
Old 10-06-2011, 08:07 AM   #419
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh, and P.S. Jarrod...

we will not speak of the Wildcats/Ducks game. OK?
Old 10-06-2011, 08:09 AM   #420
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Girl you and these toe toes!!!! (that's what my friend calls them)
Closed Thread