Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2011, 12:32 PM   #361
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Danielle- running is very hard on the body and the more weight we carry the harder it is, I was working out at the gym almost 5 months before I tried running and it was terrible I was like OMG I cant even run 60 seconds, LOL You have foot problems so do what you are doing, walking is good weight loss cardio, you will build up and lose weight and you are right no need to stress the running, I hate it, I am not one of those people that love running, I love working out and moving weights, that is what I love and the elliptical,LOL I may not keep running after the race I had one ankle broken twice and the other and 2 knee surgeries there is plenty of exercise not so hard on the old bod, its just the mental challenge for me to do one, then I will either be hooked or hang it up.

Give yourself a few months and then try again, no need to stress or get down, you are moving woman!!!! It took me forever to get moving that is the big first step!!!!!
I too a very proud of YOU!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2011, 06:04 PM   #362
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Been doing alot of thinking this afternoon. thinking about how when I was so young just HOW MUCH I took for granted. Like RUNNING!!!! Seriously tho, I think back to being a teenager and how easily I moved, I could run at the drop of a hat, and have tons of energy. Funny how when you're a teenager who know's it all you don't ever appreciate those things. Well, lemme tell ya, tonight I am so thankful that I have the ability to turn it around, the health I do have to hopefully turn any uglies into something good once and for all. I'm so thankful that I have not gotten so fat and so ill that I can't walk any longer. thinking about how much harder losing weight would be if I couldn't move at all. That's scary!

Dinners cooking and I'm anxiously awaiting TBL!
Old 09-28-2011, 05:14 AM   #363
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: drenfroe3418
Stats: 279/260/175
Start Date: July 2011 (Round 2)
Danielle, that is funny you are talking about that because I was thinking about all that this weekend. I was thinking about how excited I am to have just lost my first 27 pounds and wondering why I waited so long. I am 58 years old and just wish I had gotten this determination 20 years ago. I am passed the point of wearing a lot of the cute, trendy things and that makes me so mad at myself. I just wish all the younger people would realize they need to do it NOW! Don't waste time! I know from experience that they will definitely be sorry that they waited! I am!

And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed. - Dr. Seuss

Old 09-28-2011, 05:19 AM   #364
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyP
WOE: Paleo Low Carb
Hey, D, don't sweat the running thing. It will come if you want it to. I can't run...I would LOVE to. Always wanted to be one of those fit runners who look so at ease. Not gonna happen. Running is just way to hard on my knees. I do run some (when necessary!) and physically CAN now, which is a change! But don't run for my main exercise. Fast walking and elliptical are much better for my knees! Do you have to run the half marathon?
Old 09-28-2011, 05:52 AM   #365

Dren- I know what you mean I think of wasting my 20s and 30s being fat and miserable that is why I am all over these young girls to do it now!! I know how it is living with that state of hopelessness, if they could just put a few weeks together and see a good loss I know they could do it!!! I so wish I could have gotten my act together in my 20s but better now than never!!!!
Old 09-28-2011, 07:46 AM   #366
Blabbermouth!!!

My right knee was really hurting last night on our walk. Ouchimamas! But I kept it going and we did our fastest 3 miler yet! I truly hope there is not something starting up in my knee that's going to sideline me.

Amy, no you can walk it. I believe we have 6 1/2 hrs to complete it? I don't remember what my gf said. I'll have to double check! lol Yeah, I'm not sure I'm going to ever be a runner. I used to be in high school, I ran track. I think I have inherited my dads bad knees though!

Dren, I hear ya lady! I have had plenty of opportunity to lose the weight thru my 20's and 30's..but mentally I was NOWHERE near where I am right now. Not at all. In my 20's I had 3 toddlers running around and dealing with alot of emotional bs with my inlaws. In my 30's dealing with 3 pre-teen/teenagers and alot of family drama... The year I hit 40 I KNEW something big was going to happen, something bad, I could feel it. I just didn't know exactly how devastatingly emotional it would be for me, but it's what was supposed to happen and my wake up call to live my life on MY terms. I guess we all get there when we get there if we are lucky enough to pay attention to what the universe is trying to tell us.
And you, my friend, are rockin the weight loss. I am so proud of you!!!

Amber, definitely not stressing over the running. I know it's there for when I'm ready. But that's me, always tryin to put the cart before the horse and skip all the steps in between. Seriously, I was never much for following the rules, but this time, my body is telling me to follow and do it right. So I am. Bryan kicks my a$$ all over the road, his stride is soooo long that I have about 4 steps to his one in order to keep up with him. It's a good thing! He's a big guy but man, he walks and runs with so much ease it is amazing!
Old 09-28-2011, 08:17 AM   #367

Danielle- I know about the strides, Tony was a gazelle now with the knee surgery I beat him, LOL Although now his right knee is really screwed up and I see more surgery for that coming, ughghg, he feel so bad its like he cant get those bugger knees healed, although he is skinny he was a sprinter in HS, and he hates running too.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:49 AM   #368
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BigBlue10
WTG D!
A Half marathon that's awesome!
6.5 hours for a 1/2 that's 2 miles per hour soooo doable!
I bet you do great! stick with the training even when you don't feel like it b/c it will help i promise. i did a 10k and I trained myself i know i would've done better had I trained with a team or someone else. So I commend you for making that committment! (((HUGS))))
Old 09-28-2011, 09:08 AM   #369
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bigbone
Stats: 380/327.2/199
WOE: Low Carb n' Stuff
Start Date: Re-restart 6/1/11
Watch out for those knees girl! Your doing great, don't hurt yourself! Curves has a month free and $10 special. I'll be starting going Monday!
Old 09-28-2011, 03:45 PM   #370

I remember doing a 26 mile walk for hunger in like 7th grade, it took all freaking day and into the night, I remember in the morning I swear I couldnt get out of bed, that was when I was like 12 or 13 and determined that exercise was bad, LOL
Old 09-28-2011, 05:16 PM   #371
Blabbermouth!!!

So my bff is actually doing the full marathon this next time around, so I will actually be on my own for my half. It's all good. Just sorta makes me wonder where the hell my brain was when she was telling me this apparently 5 months ago? Ah well, it'll be fun.

I have a MASSIVE headache right between my eyeballs tonight. I think its from all the reading I've done today. It really sucks getting old!
Old 09-28-2011, 08:53 PM   #372
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ref2010
Dani I loved the shoe store story..!! haha.. good times !!! I am soo glad you
for assessed and got the "right" shoes for you..!!!

Be careful of the knees.....sidewalks and pavement will do that to you...
Have you heard of Glucosomine / Chondroitin supplements?? They are good for the
joints and ligaments ....will really help you recover from running and not be as achey and sore...! if not...look into it...when I run outside I take them ( which is rare
cuz it is always as hot as chicken grease here in Houston !! ) so I do 90% of my
running on the treadmill....more give on the deck and less wear and tear on the knees...

Have a great week !!
Old 09-28-2011, 08:56 PM   #373
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyP View Post
Hey, D, don't sweat the running thing. It will come if you want it to. I can't run...I would LOVE to. Always wanted to be one of those fit runners who look so at ease. Not gonna happen. Running is just way to hard on my knees. I do run some (when necessary!) and physically CAN now, which is a change! But don't run for my main exercise. Fast walking and elliptical are much better for my knees! Do you have to run the half marathon?
You are a Skater Amy !! haha... I am sure that is amazing cardio..and
takes core strength and balance.... I have NO skating skillz at all !!!
haha...
Old 09-29-2011, 06:58 AM   #374
Senior LCF Member

Skating IS way more fun than running! D, maybe you should get some rollerblades!!
Old 09-29-2011, 07:51 AM   #375
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyP View Post
Skating IS way more fun than running! D, maybe you should get some rollerblades!!
I'd Still bust my arse.... there is no way..I have tried in the past...i need
those big wheeled ones you see that have 4 wide based wheels....
I think those would work...haha
Old 09-29-2011, 08:27 AM   #376
Senior LCF Member

You could just get some roller skates! Derby is always looking for referees!! And that way you would have pads on if you need to ditch it!
Old 09-29-2011, 08:52 AM   #377
Blabbermouth!!!

No walk last night. I was just not feeling good. Massive headache persisted until I finally willed myself to sleep around 10. Still there a bit this morning. My knee's kinda achy today wonder what's up with that! I hope it's not something building into something bad.

There's not gonna be any walking until probably Sun. I think. We're going to a freebie concert that we got tickets for thru Bryan's work. Eddie Money. Two tickets to paradise baby! LOL I think I know like 3 songs from him and that's it. The people watching factor should be high though so I'm game. Tomorrow night is a maaayyybe for a walk, not sure though as we usually have date night's on Friday night. Saturday DD17 has her first field show and it is all.day.long. I'm gonna roast!!! They're alot of fun to watch, but this season I find myself having to drag homework along. Cannot wait for December 12th to be here!

So, I guess in the meantime I just gotta keep the eating clean and on target. I weighed this morning and I've managed to eek out a HALF a pound. Meh. It's alright I guess, and probably more than I deserve with the beer I've had this week already. Sssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't tell my kids. No, it's not been bad, just a couple, and it was lite. I weighed this morning on the off chance that tonight I do decide to eat a little bit more or have some cocktails. tomorrow's supposed to be the "real" weigh-in day so I'm preparing.

Jarrod, I am STILL laughing at our shoe store saga. Everytime he puts those dang shoes on I giggle but have to make myself stop because then he gets all paranoid asking me what I'm laughing at.

I'm trying really hard to not hurt myself in the next 9 months! Seriously, anyone who knows me knows I am a total klutz and I hurt myself with the most random things. Trying real hard to stay upright and not land myself bedridden or worse. I need to keep training for this marathon and I don't want anyone or anything to get in my way!!!

Amy, I haven't roller skated since 4th grade. And that was the 4-wheeled kind. I'd be on my face in rollerblades! Ice skating is somethin to see when I attempt it. I am seriously considering though........cycling. It wouldn't be now, I'm not ready by any means but I really want to contemplate it next year after I finish with this marathon thing. It's always intrigued me and hey, who doesn't want to be like Lance Armstrong, right?

Ok, time for homework. It never stops!!!! Kids are off school today AND tomorrow. jewish holidays. No, we aren't Jewish....... don't ask me, that's public school for ya. *rolls eyes*
Old 09-29-2011, 12:27 PM   #378
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Have you had your bloodwork done recently?
No I haven't stepped foot in a doctors office sine I had to pay our my deductible for my surgery on my foot $2k+ oh yeah and when I had to have a CT scan for accute appendicitis. Maybe I should go have it done.
All I know is I haven't eaten very much today and I'm not hungry so somethings working.
I have my fun class this evening possibly an oral presentation for home work, then it's back to studying Anatomy. blah.
hehe
I am so stoked that you are doing this 1/2 marathon you can do it!
Old 09-29-2011, 01:37 PM   #379
Senior LCF Member

I Still want me a "big" girl bike! Have to invest in one... with the wide arse seat! My butt... never mind!
Old 09-29-2011, 03:50 PM   #380
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh girl dont even get me started on the bike seat thing! Seriously, I don't think there's a seat out there right now that could hold my big ole butt. Someday though!!!!!

Christina, the more I keep walking the more excited i get for this marathon. I would love to someday be able to do at least one full one. Then i want to look into cycling. Weird, I know.

Get thee to a doctor and get your blood done, I bet it will tell you all you need to know woman! I need to go again at the end of the year. I also want to get a thyroid panel done because I am not entirely convinced that there *isn't* anything wrong with it...no one has convinced me with exact proof yet and I have many symptoms of being hypO. We'll see.

I am getting a freakin 98% in my accounting class! Hallefreakinlujiah!!! It sure feels like I'm struggling in there but to hear my prof, I'm at the top of the class and should "consider exploring accounting as a career choice"... who'd a thunk!
Old 09-29-2011, 03:59 PM   #381

I love Eddie Money when you hear his songs they will come back to you like oh yeah he did that, LOL Sounds fun!!!!!

Beer, glorious beer, homey here is going to be hitting the bottle in Vegas, man I gave up so many drinks this year, I am making up for it, LOL

Riding bike is good exercise and that would help with cardio and the knees too!! I love riding bike we have nice bike trails here along the river, I do get scared on the street with my bad hearing I cant hear cars coming up!
Old 09-29-2011, 04:11 PM   #382
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
I love Eddie Money when you hear his songs they will come back to you like oh yeah he did that, LOL Sounds fun!!!!!

Beer, glorious beer, homey here is going to be hitting the bottle in Vegas, man I gave up so many drinks this year, I am making up for it, LOL

Riding bike is good exercise and that would help with cardio and the knees too!! I love riding bike we have nice bike trails here along the river, I do get scared on the street with my bad hearing I cant hear cars coming up!
Music to my ears!!!!

Good hell woman, I wouldn't want you on the road on a bike if you can't hear! Yikes!!

I'm sure there's trails around here somewhere but seriously, I have not a clue where. I've never been the outdoorsy type so all this athletic stuff is all new to me.

Eddie Money....always reminds me of the movie Fast Times at Ridgemont High! Gotta love the 80's!!
Old 09-29-2011, 05:26 PM   #383

The 80's were great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HS and College it was the best years!!! LOL

But I dont know looking back they are all good and all a learning experience, I would take the rich years with ex again, although I dont want him, LOL

I got my bike when I weighed over 300 pounds and had not ridden in years!!! Now I love it, admittedly I didnt do much when I got it, LOL Now I would ride over run anyday!!!!
Old 09-30-2011, 04:59 AM   #384
Senior LCF Member

98% is fantastic D!!!! Please don't mention beer, I haven't had one in months... I over do them.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:30 AM   #385
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: drenfroe3418
Stats: 279/260/175
Start Date: July 2011 (Round 2)
That is great Danielle! You are rockin' that accounting class!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2011, 07:14 AM   #386
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Oh girl dont even get me started on the bike seat thing! Seriously, I don't think there's a seat out there right now that could hold my big ole butt. Someday though!!!!!

Christina, the more I keep walking the more excited i get for this marathon. I would love to someday be able to do at least one full one. Then i want to look into cycling. Weird, I know.

Get thee to a doctor and get your blood done, I bet it will tell you all you need to know woman! I need to go again at the end of the year. I also want to get a thyroid panel done because I am not entirely convinced that there *isn't* anything wrong with it...no one has convinced me with exact proof yet and I have many symptoms of being hypO. We'll see.

I am getting a freakin 98% in my accounting class! Hallefreakinlujiah!!! It sure feels like I'm struggling in there but to hear my prof, I'm at the top of the class and should "consider exploring accounting as a career choice"... who'd a thunk!
Quote:
I Still want me a "big" girl bike! Have to invest in one... with the wide arse seat!
Got one for my bike! It's got the gell squishy in the seat - SO while everyone else is complaining I'm gellin!
Old 09-30-2011, 08:20 AM   #387
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
I want me a bike too!!! We can have a biker's club!!!

I wanna be gellin to Christina!!! LOL

GREAT JOB ON THE 98%!! That is great! Keep it up!!
Old 09-30-2011, 08:24 AM   #388
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceecee08 View Post
I want me a bike too!!! We can have a biker's club!!!

I wanna be gellin to Christina!!! LOL

GREAT JOB ON THE 98%!! That is great! Keep it up!!
Self propelled Biker Chicks!
Old 09-30-2011, 08:32 AM   #389
Major LCF Poster!

Dani...
CONGRATS on your 98% !!!! Awesome......

As far as your marathon goes.....you know...you CAN alternate your days on
walk/jogging to cycling !!?? I love riding.. when I trained for Dualthons (Run/Bike/Run)
races...of course I had to do both...but I know marathoners who do cycle a lot to
ease the wear and tear on their bodies and still get good cardio in..
and the alternate training will still assist in your weight loss....the cycling will
still strengthen your thighs and hamstrings that you use in running.....
so....give it a shot..... plus....it cuts down on boredom of the running..!!

ROCK ON Lady !!

Oh...and its Friday.....um....careful of the beer intake...!! haha
I am rewarding my great week with some tonight as I head out with some friends !!
but....back on path tomorrow....with lots of water to counteract the beer consumption !!
HAHA
Old 09-30-2011, 08:34 AM   #390
Blabbermouth!!!

Total change in plans last night...it was something out of a comedy movie. First off, so DD15 was going to bowling with her group of friends at 5, DD17 gets off work at 5. No problemo, both Bryan and I are home (for once) and I take DD15 and Bryan will pick up DD17 but is stopping for gas beforehand.....

Drop DD15 off 15min away from home mind you, 2 girls show up at same time, she waves me off and I go.... I'm almost to our street, phone rings, DD15: "we're at the wrong bowling alley".... WHAT??????? Apparently 6 other girls all went to an entirely different bowling alley, even farther away... WHA? HOW? I dunno!! So I am about to turn around, then she tells me that Lindsay (girl with her) calls girls at other bowling alley and one parent is on her way to pick them up and drop them. PHEW! I head home, pull into driveway, phone rings....it's Bryan... he ran out of gas about 6 blocks from our house, had to call DS to come pick him up and take him to go pick up DD17 from work.... DD17 comes out tells them she can't leave yet she is picking up an accident (she works in a pre-school) and will be out whenever she's done... DS has class at 6:30 it is now about 5:20... Bryan calls me to come and get him and DD17 so DS can leave soon... The entire thing was just comical!!!

The place where the lovely Eddie Money was going to play was about 45 min. from us. Near cow fields. Outside. I didn't know this ahead of time. Bryan and his boss were chatting about it yesterday morning and Lee says, uh ya better hope you're wife's not going with you cause she is going to be miserable. LOL

So, yeah...didn't go!

Ended up going to eat and to a movie. BIG SURPRISE!!!

Went to Chili's. We've gone and sat in the bar so many times the server knew what we were drinking and what we were eating. Classic!! I told her they need to give a chairs like Norm and whatshisface from Cheers. Same at Buffalo Wild Wings!! And the theater!

We saw Drive. AWESOME movie, even more killer soundtrack. Very 80's sounding music () and overall just well done. Very intense story.

Pretty great night, disappointed I didn't get to go people watch, I KNOW it would've been a fun sight. I didn't eat too much, but I also didn't have lite beer. Blue Moon take me away!!!!!

Weighed again, only down .5 I am a-okay with that this week!!
Closed Thread