Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2011, 05:39 AM   #331
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyP
WOE: Paleo Low Carb
Dren!

Danielle, you are doing so well Going good here also. HUNGRY this morning tho, so already ate (usually eat later or just have coffee) hoping that the starving goes away!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2011, 07:49 AM   #332
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Hi guys!

Well we walked last night, and did about 2.5 miles. It was kinda late and we really hauled butt so I think it was productive. Speed is what I'm trying to gain. Going shopping for running shoes for Bryan tonight I think. He's going to do c25k with me!

Dren, I'm sorry things are rough, hope it clears up soon!!! GREAT JOB on the weight loss!!!!

Amy, girl you are just cruisin now! I think you've found your groove with that roller derby'ing!

I ordered a couple sports bras last night so hopefully the girls will stop fighting with me.

Still feelin bloaty today. I hate feeling ick. KWIM?

Anywho, short one today. Trying to get ready to take DD15 to her asthma check-up this morning! BBL!!
Old 09-23-2011, 04:10 AM   #333
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BigBlue10
Quote:
Ah well, hormones, what's a girl to do.

I feel for ya chica. Even when you don't have all of the outside factors making your day crappy then TOM has to come visit. Really? blah.

Don't feel bad, lately I feel like TOM has just set up camp in my hormone system. I'm all over the place and normal - well that's just a setting on my dryer.

I must say thought that going back to school and being around different people makes it a lot easier for me to realize that I just may be the sanest person I know.lol,

Old 09-23-2011, 06:33 AM   #334
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2011, 07:58 AM   #335
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Hey D- what's shaking for the weekend?

Is today weigh in day?

I am routing for ya!!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2011, 08:01 AM   #336
Blabbermouth!!!

TGIF!!

Weigh in today. Down 2 pounds! I did it. I managed to eek out those 2 pounds with TOM hanging around. I am SHOCKED. I think it could've been more because I feel way way bloaty still. Ah well, more for next week, right?

No walking last night. Homecoming weekend here so my girls went to the bonfire and DS had class last night. Left mommy & daddy free to do whatever! We went to dinner natch! I even had a "regular" beer. I'd run into a friend of mine and got stopped talking to her as we were walking in, well, Bryan went to the bar and sat down and ordered us drinks. I get back and there's a big ole Blue Moon. I was like, who's this for? He looks at me and says, uhhhhh thought that's what you wanted? Ooops! But I drank it cause it would be a major sin to waste a beer, right??????? I am loving that I am starting to learn ways to cut points here and there even when we go out. I ordered fajitas and didn't eat the tortillas. Of course, I could've inhaled the entire thing of guac but I had restraint. LOL I had banked like 28 activity points so I just used those for my beer(s) and went along my way. I love feeling like I can't ever mess up. what a huge relief that is to my stress level I cannot even say how much.

Tonight is Homecoming football game, girls will be gone. DS and his girlfriend are going to Tucson for the weekend to see one of his bff's and go to the UofA/Oregon game. I'm so jealous! Bryan's working til 8, so I think I may actually mess around this evening and do some Xmas shopping. Yep you heard me, xmas shopping. There really is a method to my madness, it's called moving 2 days after Thanksgiving and finals the week of Dec. 5th. I am not going to have time to get it all done in a couple weeks if I don't start now. I want to be able to unpack my house without alot of stress of knowing I still have all that shopping to do etc.. First time in almost 20 yrs that we're not going to have our traditional Thanksgiving dinner. Kids could care less I think *rolls eyes* but it bothers me. Oh well, guess it will just be another kind of adventure for us . I'm getting Bryan an ipad, he is going to fa-reak!!!! I can't wait til he opens it!!

I just wish stupid TOM would leave!!!!
Old 09-23-2011, 08:03 AM   #337
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ref2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Jarrod, thanks for the support! I am really excited about the idea of jogging. I haven't done it in forever and the thought of being able to do something that "normal" people do is exciting. Starting c25k Sunday and will go from there. Looking at new shoes this weekend, I don't think I need them yet but soon!
Dani...
Well I can tell you this..( from LOTS of experience in running my whole life ( in the Army
and after training for Dualthons....umm...before I got fat and had to do it again to take it off )

Some people SEE and FEEL running is a chore...its hard...its a challenge..
Well....what better way to challenge yourself than do something hard ?
That is the BEST reward !!

Running is free....dont need a gym ( unless you like a treadmill, which I do 60% of
my running on )

But..the SHOES...that is the thing you have to get... a nice pair that fits your feet
and arches.... they can run between 55 and 155 bucks.. ( dont go to a mall to buy them) Go to a sporting goods store... you dont need anything fancy...just sturdy and
good cushion and support.
I use Asics brand... ( Nike has too high of arches for me and I dont like New Balance)
they are a all around good shoe.

So...do what you are doing...walk....push your walks a little faster...dont worry
so much about "time" just set a distance goal...and stick to it.
then when you are comfortable.....Jog a little of that distance..(2 miles is a good distance ) .until your tired...then....jog a little more....and then walk some more...keep that up for a time that you can do it more jogging than walking...STICK to that distance
then when you are set and can jog the full 2 miles....then push it to 3 miles..
Back to the Jog / walk routine....til you can jog 3 miles.... once you get there...
donnnt walk anymore... just jog your 3 miles...and then you will SEE how quick
you can do 3 ....then 3.5.... etc...
It is all in your head...use your determination to challenge your body..!
It is an amazing reward and you will feel amazing and the sense of accomplishment...
Oh....and as a bonus....you will be Losing Weight !!! haha.
Get your husband out there...and have him do it with you...it is good to have
a partner to go with...( and if he doesnt wanna go....then YOU go..! )
once he sees your determination....and trussst me..he will go !!

OH....P.S. GO DUCKS !!
(Sorry.. I was born and raised in Oregon...and am a Duck !! )
I cannnnt wait for tomorrow night....its gonna be a great game...!!!!
9 pm here for me..!! haha....

Jarrod

Last edited by Ref2010; 09-23-2011 at 08:06 AM..
Old 09-23-2011, 08:15 AM   #338
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bigbone
Stats: 380/327.2/199
WOE: Low Carb n' Stuff
Start Date: Re-restart 6/1/11
D, please keep TOM over there! We don't want er'. Yay for your 2lbs, and after a beer? Wow! Good 4 u!
Old 09-23-2011, 09:58 AM   #339
Senior LCF Member

Good for you, D!! Two pounds is great! I agree with you about the strictness of LC sometimes being stressful. I would not blink about having a beer every once in a while. I can't do really low carb without going nuts. I have boundaries (less than 50 carbs a day & less than 1700 calories a day), but sometimes those are broken. I just need to remember when they are broken to get right back on it the next meal!
Old 09-23-2011, 10:07 AM   #340

Danielle- yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad you can socialize and enjoy yourself and see success I am crying I am so happy for you, I so want to see you succeed, this is your time girlie!

Jarrod-
Man I needed to read that about running, I was doing C25K, got to 2.5 miles then had leg surgery was off running 3 weeks and have been struggling like mad, now I am doing a 5K tough mudder in Nov and I have all this pressure on me, my BF said last night, you lost your mental drive, before you were so focused on doing it, and he is right,which I hate, LOL Running is hard, it hurts, its hot, my hair is sweaty, my legs hurt, my legs are too heavy, my skin flaps, wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, and then I say "F" it and walk, LOL I really like my lifting and stuff but I have it in my head that I can do this race without stopping, so the old Ipod is coming back out and I am going to do it just like I did in the Spring, one workout at a time and push myself mentally!
Really needed your post today!
Old 09-23-2011, 10:23 AM   #341
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: drenfroe3418
Stats: 279/260/175
Start Date: July 2011 (Round 2)
Yay Danielle! So proud of you! I tell you that is the encouragement we need is to see that scale move. That and seeing the clothes get looser on our bodies are just so rewarding!!!!!!

Have a great weekend!
Old 09-23-2011, 11:54 AM   #342
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WTG DANIELLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 LBS IS GREAT! Glad this is working for you.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:21 PM   #343
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod View Post
Dani...
Well I can tell you this..( from LOTS of experience in running my whole life ( in the Army
and after training for Dualthons....umm...before I got fat and had to do it again to take it off )

Some people SEE and FEEL running is a chore...its hard...its a challenge..
Well....what better way to challenge yourself than do something hard ?
That is the BEST reward !!

Running is free....dont need a gym ( unless you like a treadmill, which I do 60% of
my running on )

But..the SHOES...that is the thing you have to get... a nice pair that fits your feet
and arches.... they can run between 55 and 155 bucks.. ( dont go to a mall to buy them) Go to a sporting goods store... you dont need anything fancy...just sturdy and
good cushion and support.
I use Asics brand... ( Nike has too high of arches for me and I dont like New Balance)
they are a all around good shoe.

So...do what you are doing...walk....push your walks a little faster...dont worry
so much about "time" just set a distance goal...and stick to it.
then when you are comfortable.....Jog a little of that distance..(2 miles is a good distance ) .until your tired...then....jog a little more....and then walk some more...keep that up for a time that you can do it more jogging than walking...STICK to that distance
then when you are set and can jog the full 2 miles....then push it to 3 miles..
Back to the Jog / walk routine....til you can jog 3 miles.... once you get there...
donnnt walk anymore... just jog your 3 miles...and then you will SEE how quick
you can do 3 ....then 3.5.... etc...
It is all in your head...use your determination to challenge your body..!
It is an amazing reward and you will feel amazing and the sense of accomplishment...
Oh....and as a bonus....you will be Losing Weight !!! haha.
Get your husband out there...and have him do it with you...it is good to have
a partner to go with...( and if he doesnt wanna go....then YOU go..! )
once he sees your determination....and trussst me..he will go !!

OH....P.S. GO DUCKS !!
(Sorry.. I was born and raised in Oregon...and am a Duck !! )
I cannnnt wait for tomorrow night....its gonna be a great game...!!!!
9 pm here for me..!! haha....

Jarrod
Thanks for all the great advice! Seriously, it is so wonderful to know that there are so many people rooting for my success. It feels really great!

I think I need to have my walk assessed? I tend to walk on the outside of my feet. As in, I roll from my heel to my toe (thank 6 years of marching band for that! ) and somehow I really put pressure on those outside parts and that lil bone right before ya get to the pinky toe, OMG ouchimamas!! Sore!

Amy, my issues would be non-existent if I didnt have to worry about cooking for nobody else but me. Also, Bryan and I tend to go out on the weekends and most of the time there are meals out..and of course I *have* to have beer. It's nice to know that I can make this work with a little planning and some restraint. All while not feeling deprived whatsoever!

Amber, you made me cry to hear you say you were crying. I'm telling you again, for the zillionth time, YOU are one of the biggest reasons why I am STILL here, why I am not giving up, why I refuse to quit on myself. See? I WAS listening to you! A big part of this is my mental game, the choice I made to BE HAPPY. What a world of difference it makes when your brain is on track.

Dren, while I'm trying not to rely to much on the scale for gauging my success, at the same time I kinda have to right now because I haven't lost alot. YET. It's been great to see the numbers go down tho, I'm so excited to see this working for me. I think my body had been trying to tell me something for a long long time and I was not hearing. Change is always good!
Old 09-24-2011, 10:18 AM   #344
Blabbermouth!!!

No walking last night. Date night out! We went for some wings n beer. Thank goodness for activity points and free points for the week. Well heck, that's what I was savin 'em for, might as well use 'em, right? I was actually quite good, I reigned it in, enjoyed myself but didn't go for a free-for-all either. Well, except maybe on the beer. But it was light!! We saw Moneyball. So good!!!

Today is Homecoming, both girls will be gone for the evening til 11. Bryan and I are having a quiet dinner home and then it's time to hit the pavement. See if we can do 3 in shorter time. I can't wait. The evening's here have been so nice out, so it's perfect walking weather. Not to mention, it's dark out so no one can really see us. LOL

When I ran into my girlfriend the other night she commented that I was glowing. She said I looked so incredibly happy and content. She's known me for some time, has been through all of my drama the last few years and knows what life was like for me.. hadnt seen her in some months and she was so shocked by the change. That made me feel really really good!

Alright, guess it's time for books and some housework.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:41 AM   #345
Blabbermouth!!!

Fast 3 miles last night. Shaved off over 5 min. from my time and I'm well under a 20 min mile. Progress! It was still pretty warm last night at 98. The rain teased us a couple times and those drops were cold, I wish it would've poured! C25K commences this evening. I'm askeered. what if I can't jog???? then what?????? 60 second intervals is a looooonnnnng time when you're a fat girl. If nobody hears from me tomorrow it's because I passed out, died, ....something.

Today is gonna be a busy one. Have a ton of running around to do and then I wanna get home in time for the colts/Steelers game. I think I'm gonna go ahead and get my new running shoes. I'm startin to feel it in the balls of my feet and it's gettin kinda ouchie. Oh hey, yeah and I guess buying some food would be good. LOL Breakfast was a string cheese and 2 plums and a quart of water. I'm gonna be peeing all moring.

Anywho, ready for a new week. I just wish this semester would end. I am buried All.The.Time. and I hate it. No matter how much I do, the next assignment is always right there. I know, quit complaining and just do it. I'm goin! I'm goin!
Old 09-25-2011, 01:10 PM   #346
Senior LCF Member

You can run! You just may feel really really stupid doing it! And the fitter you get the easier it will be. I shocked myself today...went to a walk for Down's Syndrome Awareness, my group was at the front of the pack. OF COURSE my son had to pee as soon as we started out. So he took care of business while everyone passed us. We had to RUN to catch back up with my group. Felt good to run and I could do it pretty easy! I out ran the KID! It has taken me a little less than a year to get here, but here I am!
Old 09-25-2011, 06:39 PM   #347

OMG Danille- I remember when I started I was like man that was the looooongest 60 seconds ever!!!! LOL And I felt like a giant dork I couldn't even run around the block and now look at me go and I am still fat, you can do it really you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DOnt give up and you wont die, I am still here, barely and I still smoke that makes it twice as hard, just try it, and do it every other day not everyday give yourself the break, but walking is still good, you got a freaking marathon to do woman!
Old 09-25-2011, 07:02 PM   #348
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ref2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Fast 3 miles last night. Shaved off over 5 min. from my time and I'm well under a 20 min mile. Progress! It was still pretty warm last night at 98. The rain teased us a couple times and those drops were cold, I wish it would've poured! C25K commences this evening. I'm askeered. what if I can't jog???? then what?????? 60 second intervals is a looooonnnnng time when you're a fat girl. If nobody hears from me tomorrow it's because I passed out, died, ....something.

Today is gonna be a busy one. Have a ton of running around to do and then I wanna get home in time for the colts/Steelers game. I think I'm gonna go ahead and get my new running shoes. I'm startin to feel it in the balls of my feet and it's gettin kinda ouchie. Oh hey, yeah and I guess buying some food would be good. LOL Breakfast was a string cheese and 2 plums and a quart of water. I'm gonna be peeing all moring.

Anywho, ready for a new week. I just wish this semester would end. I am buried All.The.Time. and I hate it. No matter how much I do, the next assignment is always right there. I know, quit complaining and just do it. I'm goin! I'm goin!

The New shoes will help....!! did you get them..?? trust me..you will feel so much better and feel like a new runner ! remember....it will take time..
you can do it...slow and steady !! Hang in there..!

As far as going out and having your weekends with Bryan....well YOU NEED those...and you should have those...DONT deprive yourself totally !!!
ENJOY life within moderation... it will be worth it.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:24 AM   #349
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Amber- IF you are fat then I must be a whale!!!!! You are not fat Hun!!!!

WTG on the walk Danielle!!!! Yea I can't speak on the running for I feel the same way!!! Like a little piggy running. LMAO
Old 09-26-2011, 08:09 AM   #350
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks you guys!!! All of your support truly helps me, and I appreciate that you all take the time to come visit me here.

I had the best weekend. We didn't do anything spectacular but it was just *fun*. Very relaxing, productive, and just really great to have Bryan home Sat. evening and all day Sunday. I only get that twice a month

So, got my shoes. I had the most amazing time there it was hilarious. I was really nervous going into a specialty typa store because, well, it's something that I have NEVER done, nor in the past would I have EVER done before. Why? Plain and simple: my weight. We walked in and were greeted by 3 different employees, who, might I add, were young, fit, and really quite attractive. I thought oh gawd, their all gonna ignore us cause here comes the old fat people. Nope. We got asked immediately if we needed a foot assessment and it went from there. It was packed in there! I saw the treadmills in the middle of the store and I thought OMG I'm gonna have to run/walk in front of all.these.people!!!!! Anxiety set in a little bit but we had about 20 min. to wait our turn so it subsided by the time they called us up. The guy I had was amazing. He explained everything easily and how what I was doing was going to help my training, etc. I got to make cool moldy inserts for my new shoes (that was fun) and hey, I even walked/jogged on the tready and not one person even looked my way. I figured I'd feel like a circus side-show but no one even cared. That's when I had to think to myself; get over yourself Nelson, not everyone wants to know what you're doing even if you are fat.

Bryan's whole scenario was comical. I'm still laughing about it this morning. I believe the man has been traumatized. *giggle* Turns out he has flat feet. Well, for 18 yrs *I've* been telling him that but I digress... They do all the stuff on him, yep Bryan you've got flat feet... then to his horror he realizes what shoes they are recommending to him and he is having a fit. Motion Control. Limited selection. No fun colors. And big.huge.foamy.heels.
He was literally having a quiet tantrum where we were sitting, I was laughing so hard I was crying! The guy who was assigned to pick our shoes was trying so hard not to laugh listening to us, he finally told us we had made his entire day. I spent 20 min. trying to explain how he needed to take care of his feet, who cared what the shoes looked like that they were for working out only, that he needed to be able to be comfortable to keep coming with me...nothing was working. He did find one pair that I KNOW he liked for comfort and I looked at the guy and said we're takin these. The good thing is we have 90 days to bring them back so he can wear 'em and check 'em out and hopefully by then he's done whining. I told him to blame his heredity for his flatness not me! He was whining cause they had brought out like 10 different pairs for me to try and he had like 4. And wouldn't ya know, I probably picked the least "attractive" pair because I loved the way my feet felt in them! I love them! Their Brooks with custom insoles. There was some really cool lookin Nike's that reminded me of bumble bees that I wanted but I had way too much room in the front of my foot.

So now we have shoes. My pretty pinky/red ones and Bryan with his "grandpa" shoes as he calls them. *rolls eyes* tonight we will test them out. We had planned on going last night but there was just too much stuff to get done before today so we had to cancel. But the road is waiting for us tonight!

I learned that I DO walk on the outside of my foot and I also push my foot out outwards almost like a duck. LOL I never would've believed it had I not seen my own 2 feet on a giant screen. I also but nearly all my weight on my left heel. Ironically, that is where the podiatrist indicated I have the most nerve damage. Learned alot yesterday!

Everyone there was so nice. I was gettin high 5's from everyone when they heard I was training for a half. One girl there told me that with training I was going to drop a buncha weight while walking and I said good cause that's the plan!

Last edited by DesertGurl; 09-26-2011 at 08:11 AM..
Old 09-26-2011, 08:09 AM   #351
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Hola! Marking my place...will read through your journal so I can catch up! lol. Hope your Monday is going well so far.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:26 AM   #352
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey Jayce! Yep Monday is rolling right along! How bout you? Glad you're here
Old 09-26-2011, 12:21 PM   #353
Senior LCF Member

Danielle you are just on a ROLL!!! Inspiring me to keep it up! Just exercised and REALLY didn't want to. Never want to on Mondays...
Old 09-26-2011, 01:02 PM   #354
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bigbone
Stats: 380/327.2/199
WOE: Low Carb n' Stuff
Start Date: Re-restart 6/1/11
Sounds like you had quite a day shoe shopping! I need to invest in some good shoes Hopefully later! Have a great Monday chicca!
Old 09-26-2011, 01:44 PM   #355
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What is the name of the shoe store... might have to check them out!!!

That is hilarious about Brian and the shoe shopping!!! LMAO
Old 09-26-2011, 01:54 PM   #356
Blabbermouth!!!

Amy, congrat's on the 3 lbs this week (saw it on Keshia's journal!), that is FAB! And good job on the exercise!!!! I am finding that I miss the walking when we don't do it, even with sore muscles and throbbing feet. Go figure, eh? The one girl who was afraid of exercise.

Keshia, today is going well, how 'bout you? You keep pluggin along lady, you're doing awesome!!!!

Cassidy, the name of the store is RoadRunners. Not sure where they are all located, but they are awesome and they have earned my business for sure. Great products, awesome sales people, and a really great sale philosophy.

Feeling bloaty today. I think it was the beer I had last night. I only had a couple light beers but I don't think I drank enough water to counteract. Ah well, live n learn live n learn.. Had to have my Bud light w/ lime with mexican food didn't I!

Ipod's charging, shoes are ready, and workout clothes are in the wash... it's gonna be time for my first day of c25k!
And yeah, the guy with the grandpa shoes is coming with me! He just better not grouch the entire time or I'm leavin him in the dust!!!!
Old 09-27-2011, 05:04 AM   #357
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: drenfroe3418
Stats: 279/260/175
Start Date: July 2011 (Round 2)
Morning. How did the C25K go last night? I am so impressed you are doing that! I am so excited about starting the gym next week and scared at the same time. I have not really exercised in so long!!!! Just walking is all I have done but I am ready!

You are doing great! How are the new shoes working out?

Have a great day!
Old 09-27-2011, 05:24 AM   #358

Danielle- I really want to go to a place like that, you will find they wear out quickly, I have the Asics gels I love them, mine are like 5 months old now and I can tell they are not like they were. OMG I am so excited for you!!!!!! I cant wait to hear how it goes, I will be running tonight too and I will be thinking of ya! Remember with C25K, you can repeat weeks, like you might want to take 2 or 3 weeks on week 1 and then move on, the early weeks I did that, til I felt more comfortable, just go for it, I am so proud,

This one's for you babe!!!!

Old 09-27-2011, 07:47 AM   #359
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Danielle!!!

How was the C25K Last night??
Old 09-27-2011, 12:18 PM   #360
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh Dren don't be too impressed yet. I didn't complete it last night. I'm just not ready to run yet. Too much weight, too little conditioning, too fast. I think by attempting it too soon will be setting myself back for some potential problems in the near future so I'm going to hold off on the running. I'm going to focus on speed and length of walks for now and try it again in a couple months. I do have a long time before the race so it's not like I have to really rush or anything. At first I was really disappointed with myself, near tears, but then Bryan reminded me that I haven't run in 25 years. Oh yeah, huh??? LOL Not to mention that I went from a completely sedentary lifestyle to walking 16 min. miles and doing 3 miles in less than a week. Ok ok, so he's pretty awesome at helping me keep my focus and reminding me that I have actually done quite a bit in a little bit of time. So yeah, my body needs the walking right now mainly for weightloss more than it does the running and potentially hurting myself. The running WILL happen, just not this minute. I'm ok with it now in the light of day, but last night, man, I pouted and sulked the remainder of the night and went to bed sad. Went to therapy this morning, telling my therapist what happened and she's like Danielle you are doing ALOT already for yourself, stop with the negativity. She's right. Bryan's right. And I just need to get over myself.

Amber, deciding to go to this store was a monumental thing for me. In the past i would not have dared step foot. I would have suffered along with whatever shoes all in the name of not wanting to feel embarrassed because of my size. We went in there and I was clearly the largest person in the entire building. Ask me if I cared?! LOL And to be honest, once most of those people in there found out I was training for a half-marathon they were all smiles and high 5'ing me. It was pretty awesome feeling and inspired me that some day I will be in that store being able to actually wear the really cute, really sporty women's clothing they sell. I think I have finally worked past the whole caring what other's think, thing. Now it's like I don't give a you-know-what..

My shoes are amazing! I did good at picking them out they are so comfortable and no foot pain whatsoever. Success!

Disappointed that I'm not ready to run? Big YES.
Finding out that I am capable of rolling with the punches and not giving up on myself. Pretty damn proud of myself!
Closed Thread