Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 08:12 AM   #61
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2012
263 again this morning. I saw it Saturday too, so today is day 3 of 263. Just marking that down for memory purposes when I look back and freak about no scale movement.

TOM is here and kicking my booty. Pre-baby I never had TOM cramps or issues but post his birth, I get monthly pains.

I know I shouldn't expect to lose weight with TOM here, but I was still hopeful this morning when I got on the scale. I'm so anxious to get back to the 240s since that was where I fell off the wagon last time. So I have to get to the 250s first and it's right around the corner.

The 250s also hold a lot of weight markers for me. 255 was the weight I was when I got married. 250 was where I was when I got pregnant. I think 258 was an old set point. Just ready to get through all those milestones.

B: egg, cheese, sausage, and pepper trio quiche - not that tasty; coffee w/ cream
L: hamburger spinach casserole w/ green beans
D: repeat of L

I have almonds and an atkins PB cup in my drawer if TOM cravings take over, but so far I really feel fine head/stomach-wise.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2012, 05:59 AM   #62
Blabbermouth!!!

After 3 days, the scale moved down a pound. 262! That's a total loss of 15 pounds now. The best part is that TOM is still here so I didn't expect a real loss until later in the week.

I have until Friday to report my first month's progress. Even if I don't loss anything until after Friday, 15 pounds was my goal for the first month so yay! After this, I'd love to lose 10 per month on average.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:27 PM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Meg2039
Stats: 218/186/155
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: 11/2/13
Congrats on hitting the 15 lb mark your first month! You are doing great.
Meg2039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:00 AM   #64
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Meg!!

Today the scale moved down another pound! Saw 261 on the scale. TOM is still here so I'm still happily surprised. My goal for the week was a three pound loss and so far I'm down 2. I have until Sunday to lose one more pound. Seems very doable at this point. I'm kind of hoping it moves again by Friday so I can claim 17 gone in my first month back on plan. That would be a record for me.

Either way, I'm down 16 pounds and only have 62 to onderland!!
Old 02-01-2012, 10:56 AM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vilya
Stats: 285/198/180
WOE: LC/HF for T2 diabetes
Start Date: Sept. 2011
Since you were so nice to pop in on my journal, I thought I'd return the favor.

You're doing great! Keep on working that plan. We will both reach Onederland this year!
Vilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:37 AM   #66
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks V! We definitely will!! You'll be there in no time since you only have 24 to go!!

Okay, today I saw 260!!!! So happy about that! I'm down 3 pounds since Monday and that was my goal for this week. So I've met the goal and still have three more days of the week to go. Tomorrow is the last day of my 1st month on lowcarb. I doubt I'll lose again, after having three days in a row of losses, but maybe I'll get lucky! If not, I've lost 17 pounds in month 1!

Food remains the same - finishing all my recipes today:
B: egg quiche - eggs, sausage, peppers, cheese
L: LS hamburger spinach bake over green beans
D: egg quiche
S: almonds
Old 02-03-2012, 08:33 AM   #67
Blabbermouth!!!

Today is my one-month anniversary with LC. I can honestly say that I have not cheated one single time. Not with even a nibble or a taste or a bite. Not one little thing. I think this may be the first time ever in my life of dieting that I've been cheat free for a month. I'm pretty proud.

Stats:
Started the month at 277.
Ended the month at 260.
Total first month loss: 17 pounds!!

Today starts month two and I hope to repeat my same success with not-cheating and with my motivation and resolve. My weight goal is to be down 10 pounds by March 3rd, which would be 250 on the nose.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:54 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Atkins-versary!
Old 02-05-2012, 05:25 AM   #69
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks! It's nice to have an anniversary to celebrate!

Yesterday, the weight stayed steady at 260. Today I saw 259!! My mini-goals for this month are to see 257 (20 pounds lost), 255 (close to wedding weight), and 250 (pre-pregnancy weight). I'm not counting on it, but if I see 249, that's my first big goal #1 - puts me about 1/3 of the way to onderland.

Ate at outback steakhouse yesterday and had the Alice Springs Chicken w/o the honeymustard sauce and used sour cream instead. It was still pretty delish and filing.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:52 AM   #70
Blabbermouth!!!

Scale read 259 again this morning. Today it was 259 on the nose and didn't fluctuate up at all so I'm hopeful to see 258 tomorrow.

B: atkins bar
L: quiche w/ veggies and sausage
D: brocolli soup
S: if needed, almonds and crystal light

I'm trying to keep today rather low calorie and low carb since I ate a lot yesterday and tomorrow will also be a heavy day. My boss is doing a celebratory dinner at his house tomorrow with amazing steaks, salads, etc. I have no issues staying LC there (skipping the potato bar and dessert), but I know I'll probably overeat the steak and salad. It's just soooooo good.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:47 AM   #71
Blabbermouth!!!

Saw 258 this morning!! It's only Tuesday and my goal was 3 pounds for this week and I'm already down 2. To make my Sept. onderland goal, I need to lose 2.5 per week so I'm going to shoot for 3 until my losses slow and then recalculate what I need to lose to see onderland at that point. Hopefully if the initial losses are fast enough, it will only be 1.5 or 2 per week starting in March to hit my goal.

Either way, I'm only 59 pounds from onderland!! Seems so easy! Well, it at least seems easier than 78 pounds. Now at least I'm under 60. Next goal is to say I have less than 50 to go.

B: coffee w/ cream; atkins bar
L: creamy brocolli soup
S: quiche
D: (late dinner) steak and ceasar dressing; diet coke

Figure today will be a nice high calorie day to keep my body guessing.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:19 AM   #72
Blabbermouth!!!

Okay, so yesterday I ate more than normal and then my dinner was a lot bigger than normal. I'd guess I had 14+ oz of steak. It was a fantastic ribeye and soooooo good. I also had a giant ceasar salad. And then I splurged and had a diet sprite with vodka. I should not have done that but I felt like it was at least "semi-onplan" since it was a zero carb mixer and alcohol. But blah, I feel bad for doing it.

This morning the scale rebounded to 259. So I'm one up from yesterday's new low. I'm trying to remind myself that I did want a high calorie day mixed in and knew this would be the result, but it still stinks to see a gain on the scale.

I'm drinking lots of water today and hoping to see things move back down again tomorrow.

B: atkins bar; coffee w/ cream
L: quiche
D: brocolli soup
S: crystal light and lots and lots of water
Old 02-08-2012, 10:41 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

It's so easy to overeat, even if it's LC food, right? I'm up a couple lbs. today from doing that.

LC has been a true blessing in calming the cravings, but they still pop up from time to time...
Old 02-09-2012, 05:59 AM   #74
Blabbermouth!!!

Vilya - Absolutely! And once you give in to a craving, I find it so much harder to say no the next time. Such a vicious cycle.

So today, the scale was still up a pound from Tuesday's low of 258. Obviously we know I ate late, overeat LC steaks, and had some alcohol on Tuesday night, which accounted for the jump on Wed morning. So Wed. (yesterday) I vowed to be good. But cravings were still there and I was a little headachy from the night before.

I ended up eating my planned stuff but had some almonds and also had a serving of a LS hamburger spinach casserole. So basically, I overeat LC stuff again.

Today, I feel a lot better and more focused. So today will hopefully be back to basics and back to strict LC.

B: atkins bar (last week of doing these); coffee w/ cream
L: spinach and hamburger bake w/ green beans
D: quiche
Old 02-09-2012, 12:43 PM   #75
Blabbermouth!!!

The hunger bug is still with me today but I've so far avoided overeating. I had to get up from my desk (drawer has almonds and atkins bars) and walk the halls. I've refilled my water bottle three times and am trying to stay busy but dang, I want to snack so bad. I had a big lunch and am not physically hungry, it's pure mental desire to eat.

While roaming the halls and searching for distraction from my inner voice, a coworker from another floor bumped into me and asked me if I was dieting. I said, "yes, I'm trying." She smiled and said, "I can tell!" I almost hugged her because I needed that confirmation to keep going at that moment. I know the surge of that comment will keep me strong until dinner time.

Oh, and I'm beginning to wonder if there were carbs in the sprite (I asked for diet sprite though) or if one or two shots of vodka can really have this much of an impact on my state of mind. I'm on day two after drinking and I swear I feel like I'm on day 2 of induction again. I dont' think I'm going to drink again for a long, long time.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:41 AM   #76
Blabbermouth!!!

259 again this morning - this is day 3 at being at this weight, which is a pound higher than I was earlier this week. Boo!

I thankfully was able to overcome all my desires to cheat yesterday and stayed perfectly on plan. I drank a bunch of water. Didn't eat after 6:30pm. Etc. I thought the scale would reward me today but no such luck.

I told DH that I'm only down 1 pound this week so far and I'm annoyed and a tiny bit upset about it and he gave me a pep talk. It was sweet and helpful.

My plan for next week is to ditch the atkins products. I may even reduce my coffee/cream consumption.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:39 AM   #77
Blabbermouth!!!

3 days later, or really 6 total days later, I'm back to 258. During the course of those days, I stayed at 259 for 4 days and then fluctuated to 260 for 2 days. I didn't cheat so it was just fluctuating around from no fault of mine. It was really frustrating and yesterday I was so annoyed/upset that I really, really wanted to cheat because of it. Instead, I bought some carbsmart icecream bars and had one for dessert. I haven't had icecream since December so it tasted heavenly.

I figured I'd go up on the scale today but nope, it went back to 258. So here's to hoping that this week will give me some good weight loss. My goal is 3 pounds - 255. That will put me at 22 pounds gone; I'm staying positive that this is possible after having such a rocky week last week. It usually evens out, right??

I entered my weights into ****** and I'm still well below the "goal line" for hitting onderland by the beginning of Sept. But I'm less below the line than before so a good week is in order.

This week's plan is to avoid atkins bars and shakes and to snack less.

B: coffee w/ cream; quiche - mont. jack cheese and bacon
L: turkey rolled up with mayo and pickles
D: hamburgers on the grill
S: water, water, water
Old 02-14-2012, 05:56 AM   #78
Blabbermouth!!!

Dang, I had a great day yesterday with lots of water and lots of positive energy towards seeing 257 on the scale. But alas, it was not in the cards. The scale refused to budget downward despite my best effort. The only thing that wasn't perfect yesterday was that I ate dinner fairly late. I didn't get home until after 6 and was hungry and hadn't eaten yet. So I grilled some burgers and didn't eat until after 7. It was all delish and on plan but maybe eating late is the culprit for my enemy the scale not showing me a loss!

My plan is to just keep plugging away at what I'm doing for a few more days. If I still see no movement by Friday, I may give up coffee since I can't drink it black. The cream/splenda may be an issue for me, even though I don't use a lot. I don't know. I'm hoping the scale comes into compliance before any changes are necessary though.

B: coffee w/ cream; quiche
L: cheeseburger
D: hamburger w/ salad
Old 02-15-2012, 06:34 AM   #79
Blabbermouth!!!

Woo Hoo!!! 257 today!!!!!!!! 20 pounds gone!!! I feel like this pound was the hardest so far. My body did not want to let it go but today it did!!! Woo hoo!!

My next goal is to see 249. That is my first real goal in my signature line - 8 pounds to go to see that number. Once I hit that number I'll be about 1/3 of the way to onderland, which of course is my big focus for this year. Once in onderland, I'll reset all goals to focus on my real goal weight. But for now, I'm super happy to be just 8 pounds away from goal #1. And so happy to be at 20 pounds gone!!

B: coffee w/ splenda and HWC; quiche
L: cheeseburger w/ mayo
D: not sure - either another burger or turkey rollups or maybe bacon and eggs
Old 02-16-2012, 06:18 AM   #80
Blabbermouth!!!

Scale stayed the same this morning. That's okay. I'm still pumped about it moving down yesterday! Today's menu is essentially a repeat of yesterday. Next week I have planned to make stuffed chicken with spinach and also some all meat chili. Both are calling my name. I may try to reduce the cheese consumption next week too. My losses are too slow for how much I weight and I want to try to pick it up a bit.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:56 PM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

20 lbs?!?!? Awesome!! Keep it up! You are so inspiring!
Old 02-16-2012, 07:21 PM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Phranquie
Stats: 325+/149/125/ (5'-3" & 52 yo)
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: Restart: 7/16/12
Amber, WTG on losing 20lbs!!!!
Phranquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:19 PM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Go, Amber, go!!
Old 02-16-2012, 08:44 PM   #84
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Potaty
Stats: 227high/227now/150goal
WOE: LC + Exercise
Start Date: July 2013 (this time, LOL)
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaackkkkkkkkk! See you Monday! xoxo
Potaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #85
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks ladies. I the encouragement!!

Katy - YIPEE!!!!!!!! I am so excited to see you back.

Scale stayed the same again today. I'm getting a little frustrated that it is moving so slow these last two weeks. I know I've done well overall so I try to focus on that fact, but at this weight, I'd think 2 pounds per week would be realistic. I've only lost 1 the past two weeks.

I think I'm going to give up coffee next week to see how it impacts the scale. I drink 1 large mug of coffee per day and typically use 2 splendas in it and probably 2-4T of cream. I don't measure. I'm guessing I blow 5 carbs per day on coffee. I don't snack on cheese but do use it in some recipes. So I'm going to try to limit cheese use to 1oz per day max and really try for none. Of course, this all starts on Sunday. Gotta eat the rest of my good stuff up and we're going out tomorrow for our V-day dinner. Planning on a delish chicken meal with goat cheese on it and a cesear salad. Mmmmm....
Old 02-20-2012, 04:18 AM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

My hubby and I had our V-day dinner last night. Steaks and crawfish. YUM
Hope yours was delish! And romantic!
Old 02-20-2012, 08:57 AM   #87
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks! It was awesome. We had cesear salads and chicken w/ garlic sauted spinach. Steaks sound great too! So glad you had a good time!!

So this week is starting off with no movement on the scale. Ugh. Waiting for that to happen. Tomorrow I will likely have my first off-plan meal as it's a pretty big "to-do" and this event is an annual luncheon. So we'll see. I'm hoping that maybe it will cause me to jump start some more losses. I just need to be prepared to be right back on track at the very next meal.

I may chili yesterday so I'm going to be eating that this week. It was from Dana Carpenter's LC book and is an all-meat chili. I have to admit that it wasn't so great to me. I had to doctor it up with chili powder and hot sauce.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:03 AM   #88
Blabbermouth!!!

Had a great on plan day yesterday and still no movement on the scale. I've actually been on plan since Jan. 3rd so for that, I feel proud and strong. I know this year will be different and that I will reach my goals.

But today will be my first carbier meal. It is just lunch and not super duper bad. I'll skip the dessert. But I plan to have a nice hearty bowl of chili for dinner and then start a meat/egg fast tomorrow. I plan to do it from Wed. through Sunday potentially. I would like to drop 8 pounds and see 249. I need to get some movement going on the scale. We'll see how long I can do it. Then I'll transition right back to regular atkins. I hope anything different will cause things to move. Cause right now, I'm getting frustrated.

Going to meat/egg will only be a change in that it will cause me to drop cream/cheese and the few veggies I eat. I don't eat many so it won't be a shock but the elimination of cream/cheese should be. I hope that does the trick.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:27 PM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

I hope you do well with it!! And don't worry. You body just needs a little break to catch up from all that weight you already lost!!
Old 02-23-2012, 07:49 AM   #90
Blabbermouth!!!

Meg - that's what I'm hoping and that the scale will move soon. Being so overweight, I just wish the scale would move consistently. I know I had a great first month loss, so maybe this is my punishment!

The scale didn't move again today. I'm just holding steady at a 20 pound loss. I've eliminated dairy and after one day of that, the scale still didn't move. I know it takes more than one day, but still, I wanna see movement!! ((insert pouting me!!))