Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 07:17 AM   #781
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Potaty
Stats: 227high/227now/150goal
WOE: LC + Exercise
Start Date: July 2013 (this time, LOL)
I really think I am going to do the hcg round without weighing. Trying to look at it as a hormonal therapy and the weight loss is just a nice side effect. It will be hard, but it will also be exciting to see what I have lost after the 21 days!
Potaty is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2013, 07:28 AM   #782
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/18/14
Katy - I think that's a good idea. I know you were considering it last time, but I think you should go for it. If the round is 20 days, maybe weigh at the 1/2 way point or at some predetermined point if you think knowing could be helpful.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:02 AM   #783
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Well you know that I can certainly relate to the scale thing...I am *this* close to taking mine outside and running it over with my car

New beginnings are wonderful and we all need them once in awhile..a new journal might just be a little piece of what you need to send you right into major success.

Mmmmmmm I love chicken salad I'm gonna have to make some cause now that's all I can think of LOL
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:27 AM   #784
Blabbermouth!!!

Danielle - You should totally make some chicken salad. It's so low carb, and relatively healthy. You know, if you forget about the globs of mayo I added. Definitely an UD treat for you!

So today is day 4 of being back on track. I feel amazingly better already today. I'm less bloated, less achy, and feel mentally so much stronger.

Today's menu:
B: coffee shake; bacon
L: creamy southwestern soup (pulled from the freezer from last month's cooking weekend)
S: turkey w/ mayo
D: not sure - either omelete or hamburger

Last time I tried to restart, I kept eating too much to lose. This time, the appetite suppression has definitely kicked in. Last night, I was snacky but not hungry for dinner so I just drank a cup of decaf w/ 1 T of heavy cream and some SF davinci syrup (french vanilla). It was so perfectly soothing and light on the stomach.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:17 AM   #785
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Hi Amber, happy Friday I love chicken salad!!! I was thinking of making DH some oopsie rolls because he is low-carbing. What recipe do you have the most success with?
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:38 AM   #786
Blabbermouth!!!

I love chicken salad too! I make mine with mayo, toasted almond slivers, celery and green grapes. The grapes aren't LC obviously but I just use a few and cut them in small pieces so it tastes like I used a lot, lol. I might have to put that on my load list!
Old 02-22-2013, 01:15 PM   #787
Blabbermouth!!!

Katy - Yum! I love grapes in chicken salad. Grapes and cashews are my favorite combos. But since neither are LC, and since cashews make me crave cashews (and I can eat thousands at a time), I just avoid those two things. My second favorite is just plain mayo and SF relish.

Gracie - I haven't made oopsie rolls in years. I only made them twice back when I originally tried to LC. I think I just tried the original recipe. I remember that they came out great the first time, but not so great the second. I brought them to Burger King once and put my whopper jr. on them. ha
Old 02-22-2013, 01:29 PM   #788
Blabbermouth!!!

Gracie~I bet if you cut out the syrup in the almond flour pancakes they would make a good bun sub, they hold up really well!
Old 02-22-2013, 01:29 PM   #789
Blabbermouth!!!

Gracie - I found this old link that made me drool: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...-thread-8.html

And here's the basic recipe. I remember I used room temp cream cheese b/c I don't have a mixer and it still worked fine.

Cleochatra's Best Ever Revol-Oopsie Rolls
3 large eggs
1 pkg Splenda
dash of salt
pinch of cream of tartar
3 ounces cream cheese (not Tbsp!) Do not soften!

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

Separate the eggs and add Splenda, salt, and cream cheese to the yolks. Use a mixer to combine the ingredients together. In a separate bowl, whip egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff (if you're using the same mixer, mix the whites first and then the yolk mixture). Using a spatula, gradually fold the egg yolk mixture into the white mixture, being careful not to break down the whites. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and spoon the mixture onto the sheet, making 6 mounds. Flatten each mound slightly.

Bake about 30 minutes (You want them slightly softer, not crumbly). Let cool on the sheet for a few minutes, and then remove to a rack and allow them to cool. Store them in a bread sack or a ziplock bag to keep them from drying out.

Makes 6@ about 85 calories a piece, >1 carb per
Old 02-22-2013, 01:30 PM   #790
Blabbermouth!!!

Almond flour pancakes? I don't even want to know. YUM!
Old 02-22-2013, 01:31 PM   #791
Blabbermouth!!!

I think I posted the recipe in my journal, they are good!
Old 02-25-2013, 06:43 AM   #792
Blabbermouth!!!

I bet they are. I looked at almond flour the other day at the store and was shocked at the price. Holy moly. I guess it makes sense though since nuts are so pricey compared to flour. I put it back, not because of the price, but because I don't trust myself around nut products yet. I need to make some progress before I start adding in yummy things like that.

So this weekend was the first weekend in FOREVER where I stayed on plan. The biggest treat I had was a tiny taste of natural p'nut butter - it's only 2 carbs for a T so I doubt it even added 2 carbs to my day. And it was worth the taste.

I grocery shopped yesterday and made a big batch of chicken salad, a dozen egg/sausage muffins, and bought ingredients to make Linda Sue's deep dish pizza. I also have ground beef, cream, lots of eggs and bacon, and coffee. What more could a girl need?

I still haven't weighed. I'm going to look this weekend and start recording it again, but for now I'm focusing on getting back into the groove and also focusing on the fact that I feel better eating this way, regardless of the numbers.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:05 AM   #793
Blabbermouth!!!

yeah, almond flour is pricey. Amazon has pretty good prices, didn't even think to check netrition but I ended up ordering in bulk from a small store in town, ended up being about $8.50 per pound. We actually prefer the almond flour pancakes to regular since they don't make you sluggish and miserable afterward. Plus, they are so protein rich with the eggs, I feel good about giving them pancakes for breakfast. I always felt guilty when they ate regular ones, like I was setting them up for a bad day/hungrier day. I am working really hard so my kids don't have the insulin and eating issues we have. I am really focusing on functional eating, and letting them delay food if they aren't hungry so they don't screw up their internal signals/hormones. I am also steering them away from using descriptive terms like "skinny" and "fat". I digress, LOL.....
Old 02-25-2013, 08:23 AM   #794
Blabbermouth!!!

Food sounds yummy! Keep on keeping on sweetie, the scale will find you in a very good place, I just know it.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:41 AM   #795
Blabbermouth!!!

Katy - me too. I am working hard to never push food, to never associate any foods as being bad, and to never use food as a reward. DS doesn't drink any juice, has never tasted soda, doesn't eat sweets. Those don't sound crazy for a 3 year old, but he's definitely not typical. I know you know, but isn't it crazy how people can let their young children drink soda? I have a hard time with healthy breakfast foods for DS since he doesn't prefer to eat in the morning. He likes to eat about 2 hours after eating, when he's in school. So I try to get him to drink some milk and have either an organic cereal bar (not the greatest choice I know) or some bacon. He thinks it's fun to eat "bacon sticks" with me in the car on the way to school.

Danielle - I hope so. I'm honestly not too hopeful about the scale. I still can't get into some pants that usually fit around 245, so that makes me think I did some serious damage on the week off and that I'm still working back down. But, that's okay. I feel good, like my food choices, and believe this will work.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:04 AM   #796
Blabbermouth!!!

So I ate the best, most delicious dinner ever last night.

First, I started by frying some cheese on a skillet - just about 1 oz of pepperjack. It melted into a little crisp ball. Pull it off and put it on a plate. Was going to clean the pan and then thought, "hmmmm...with all this peppery/cheesey grease, maybe I should fry a tortilla." So I opened a pack of LC tortillas that I ordered a week ago from netrition, and put one down on top of the grease. I cooked it on both sides, put another 1 oz of pepperjack cheese in the center until melted, and then added 2 strips of hot, crispy bacon, and a scoop of cold chicken salad. I was able to bend the tortilla up on the sides and it stayed, kind of like a hard shell taco. It was the BEST thing I've had in a long time. The crispy shell, the sweet, cold chicken salad, the spicy melty cheese, the crispy salty bacon. mmmm.

Bad news is that I loved it so much I ate another one. I put the tortillas in the freezer and have declared them off limits for now as a result.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:13 PM   #797
Blabbermouth!!!

Chugging along and then got invited to a surprise lunch by a boss's boss. It was super nice. Menu was all high-end burgers/sandwiches/etc. Ate a fancy smachmancy brisket taco. And yeah, I totally ate the shell - it was only two small ones - but I felt bad for it and got lots of cravings afterwards. Tried to kill them with extra fat.

I feel okay today thankfully. Pretty hungry right now, but hoping to have some fried eggs and crispy bacon for dinner is keeping me satisfied. I'm going to weigh tomorrow. Yikes!
Old 03-10-2013, 01:53 PM   #798
Blabbermouth!!!

Checking on you. Miss you!