Vilya is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2012, 06:47 AM   #602
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Hey girl, glad you're back!!! I just read a new thread on JUDDD and making it to goal. It's very inspiring to me and hopefully to you too!!!

I DID IT!!!

I hope to see you posting more next week!
Gracie514 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:45 AM   #603
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chelseybelle27
Stats: 300.3/293.4/healthy :)
WOE: Extended Induction
Start Date: 08-25-14
Amber- I hadnt checked this in a while, but I see you start back Monday? Im with ya girl See you tomorrow! Glad to see you back!!
chelseybelle27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:51 PM   #604
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/18/14
Hey ladies.

Okay, I was undecided about my plan, but have decided to restart low carb. In my heart of hearts, I know it's the best plan for me. I feel great on it, lose fast, and don't feel deprived and moody. So I need to shop and prepare, but will be firmly on plan on Sunday. I promise.

Gracie - I plan to read that link. Anything motivational is always good.

Chelsey - I'll check the other thread and see if you've posted. I miss you!
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #605
Senior LCF Member

Good, 'cause Ive missed you too! Im am a slacker this week, but I will get the hang of it! Im going back to low carb too!
Old 11-28-2012, 07:35 AM   #606
Blabbermouth!!!

Chels - you need to share your son's b-day party. How'd it go? My son's was great. We had 9 kids come, about 20 adults, lots of fun. I tried to do 2 "organized" games but the kids were all a bit young still. They found Eeyore's tail and then tossed beez into a honey pot (it was a winnie the pooh party). Some kids did better than others and some just ran around like 2-3 year olds do best. haha. It was a great time!

I'm ready to start this weekend. I'm starting to get excited about it again.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:46 AM   #607
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Potaty
Stats: 227high/227now/150goal
WOE: LC + Exercise
Start Date: July 2013 (this time, LOL)
You will have to post your menus so I can drool.
Potaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:54 AM   #608
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post
Chels - you need to share your son's b-day party. How'd it go? My son's was great. We had 9 kids come, about 20 adults, lots of fun. I tried to do 2 "organized" games but the kids were all a bit young still. They found Eeyore's tail and then tossed beez into a honey pot (it was a winnie the pooh party). Some kids did better than others and some just ran around like 2-3 year olds do best. haha. It was a great time!

That sounds super cute! We had about 15 kids that ranged from 1 to 14, so games were hit or miss...We did make "slime", had foam pumpkins and stuff to decorate them, and also made lollipop ghosts I think everyone had fun, and yes, mostly the kids just ran around. Keyser loved being center of attention

I might just have to start Sunday too. I am so not prepared mentally or grocery wise. I am trying to get myself excited lol. Oh, and only 2 more weeks of school until I am freeeeeee foreverrrrrr! (Ok, maybe just until my MSN )

Goal #1: 265.0 (Back to where I was last year!)
Goal #2: 240.0 (Back to where I was 2 years ago, seeing a trend )
Goal #3: 215.0 (Almost there!)
Goal #4: 195.0 (GOOOOOAAAAL!)
Old 11-28-2012, 02:11 PM   #609
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Quote:

Awwwww I miss those kinds of parties! Wow how time flies!! Glad everyone had such a good time.

SO glad you are back!!!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #610
Blabbermouth!!!

Chels - 15 kids?? That would have been insane. My house was a zoo with just 10 total. I was thankful we didn't have more. The party sounds fun though!!

Danielle - Time does fly. It feels like just yesterday I felt him kick inside of me. And now he's 3 and bossy. haha Good work on losing a solid 20 pounds!! That's great!!!

I made a grocery list and picked my favorite recipes for next week. I'm going to go back to what worked best for me - cooking on Sunday and pre-dishing into individual containers, some of which will go directly to the freezer for quick lunches and down the road meals. I plan on taking DS with me to run some errands, have a playdate, and then grocery shop on Saturday. Sunday will be on plan with no excuses.

Tonight we have a semi-concert to go to - it's local instrumental bands. Tomorrow is Friday. Saturday will be fun and busy. And then Sunday will be here. Yay!
Old 11-29-2012, 01:58 PM   #611
Blabbermouth!!!

Yeah, just wait until their 18 and bossy. Nothing changes!

20 pounds. FINALLY! Took me long enough, huh? It's all good tho and I could not be happier the way things are going.

Sounds like a great weekend planned. I love the busy of the holidays when i can truly enjoy it. Gonna try this weekend with the kids and get the house decorated finally, sans the tree.... waiting til we can actually find a lot with trees in it! Finding this semester very hectic with fitting in everything, shopping, house stuff, studying, etc... meh! Will be glad when classes end and I can breathe for a little while.

Excited to see how you'll tear it up with getting back on board. I know you'll rock it like you always do!!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 11-29-2012, 02:32 PM   #612
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Chels - 15 kids?? That would have been insane. My house was a zoo with just 10 total. I was thankful we didn't have more. The party sounds fun though!!

Danielle - Time does fly. It feels like just yesterday I felt him kick inside of me. And now he's 3 and bossy. haha Good work on losing a solid 20 pounds!! That's great!!!

I made a grocery list and picked my favorite recipes for next week. I'm going to go back to what worked best for me - cooking on Sunday and pre-dishing into individual containers, some of which will go directly to the freezer for quick lunches and down the road meals. I plan on taking DS with me to run some errands, have a playdate, and then grocery shop on Saturday. Sunday will be on plan with no excuses.

Tonight we have a semi-concert to go to - it's local instrumental bands. Tomorrow is Friday. Saturday will be fun and busy. And then Sunday will be here. Yay!

Oh we didnt have it at out house, that would be nearly impossible! We rented the local community building, much less stress

Good idea on Sunday cooking...next week will be busy for me as I have class almost every day (this comprehesive review for the nursing boards) and I will have to bring lunch every day. Whats a few of the recipes you plan to try? I always appreciate figuring things out that freeze well! Im excited to start back with you on Sunday! We can do it
Old 11-30-2012, 07:05 AM   #613
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh Danielle, I dread him being 18. Time needs to freeze at 3. Well, not today's version of 3, but maybe yesterday when he was sweeter and less moody.

Chelsey - Are you starting on Sunday too? Let's do it!! I'm planning on making my two favorite dinners: the spinach lasanga and the coney island chili dog pie. Both freeze well. I am tempted to make the southwestern soup too (also freezes great), but may wait and do that next Sunday. I plan to get a rotisserie chicken, salad greens, and dressing to make mini-salads. I also plan to get ingredients to make little egg muffin cups - eggs, cream, cheese, and sausage. Will get cream for coffee (yum!!), atkins shakes, and lunch meat for rollups. I think that will be more than enough to get through the first week back. By the way, I've found most recipes freeze good. If I pre-cut the recipe into 6 or 8 pieces, I tend to freeze immediately (once cooled) at least 3 pieces of each recipe. I'll probably throw all but one serving in the freezer from everything. It's just so convenient to grab one in the morning and take it with me.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:37 PM   #614
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm getting increasingly excited to get back on the wagon. All of these journals here and the ML are really inspirational. WTG everyone!!
Old 11-30-2012, 06:49 PM   #615
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stephkp
Stats: 265/199.6/140
WOE: my own
Start Date: last year
I have been reading your journal Amber and I have to say your struggle sounds similar to mine. I started low carb last year and did great for a while and then things would come up and I fell off the wagon. Then several months pass and I get back on, do really good for a while and fall back off again.

I just recently started back on low carb after being off since June. Luckily I only gained about 10lbs during my time off plan. I finally have gotten back down to where I was when I quit last time. I am so close to onederland that I just have to try and get there before the new year.

I will be following you and I admire your determination. We can get to onederland together!

Love your picture by the way. I love Biggest Loser and thought it would be awesome to be on the show. Although, the first time Jillian yelled at me I would probably burst into tears.

Stephanie
stephkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:40 AM   #616
Blabbermouth!!!

I seem to either get sick or start my period every time I start LCing. It's truely a weird event - my body tries to rebel in anyway it can.

Today is day 2. I started, as promised, yesterday. Yesterday I ate: an atkins shake, pulled pork, veggies, spinach lasagna, and diet soda. I was pretty satisfied all day long.

Today's menu:
B: atkins shake, coffee w/ cream
L: coney island chili dog pie
S: if needed, almonds (my goal is not to snack)
D: spinach lasagna and maybe a salad

Hi Stephanie! Thanks for stopping in. We do sound a like. I had my longest LC run this past time - going from Jan to June-ish before stopping. Then it's been on/off since June. I'm ready for another long run. I haven't weighed, but I believe I'm up a solid 20 pounds. So my first goal is to get back to my low too (congrats on getting to yours!!) and then to onderland. You are so close!! Keep strong!
Old 12-03-2012, 08:23 AM   #617
Blabbermouth!!!

Lookin good mama, keep it up!!! That extra weight will be gone before you know it. You know what to do!
Old 12-03-2012, 08:39 AM   #618
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Hi Amber! Glad to see you're back and doing great! Restarting is always the first step to success
Gracie514 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:55 PM   #619
Senior LCF Member

Amber- I also am about to start (great timing, huh?!) I hope to fend off any chocolate cravings with sf chocolate pudding...or at least as best I can! Great job restarting!!
Old 12-04-2012, 05:59 AM   #620
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Dani, Gracie, and Chelsey. I the support.

Today is day 3!! It feels good to already be at day 3. I know I'm usually over the hump by day 4 or 5, so I'm almost there!! Figure I just need to tough through today and maybe I'll wake to ketosis.

Today's menu:
B: coffee shake - atkins shake, espresso coffee, cream
L: turkey rollups - turkey, pickle, pepperjack cheese, and mayo
S: almonds - if needed, habenero bbq flav
D: coney island chili dog pie

Even though I haven't weighed, I know I'm up a good bit from my last 4-5 months of free-for-all. My size 20 suit still fits, but it's not loose anymore. So hopefully some of this bloat goes away soon...
Old 12-04-2012, 02:26 PM   #621
Senior LCF Member

Yay for day 3! I always feel more in control by day 5...we are almost there!
Old 12-04-2012, 08:03 PM   #622
Blabbermouth!!!

How do you make the Atkins shake? What flavor shake, amount of coffee & cream?

Good job, you are back in the game!
Old 12-05-2012, 06:34 AM   #623
Blabbermouth!!!

Katy - I think it was you or gracie or someone who recommended this to me, but I mix an atkins shake (preferred flavor: chocolate or mocha latte) with a strong cup of coffee (made in my keurig) with splenda and cream. I put it in a big 24 oz cup with tons of ice and sip it all morning. I've tried other shakes but the atkins ones taste best to me. I ultimately want to try making it with a protein powder to reduce some calories, but haven't tried that yet. I make the coffee and let it sit about 30 minutes before pouring it over the ice and adding the other ingredients.

Chels- me too. Day 5 seems like success, since I rarely get to that day. But when I do, it usually means I'm in it for the long haul. Go us!!

Feel good today on day 4. Feel less bloated, more clear headed, and calm. I'm trying not to be mad at myself for regaining some weight. But it's hard. It's frustrating that I keep doing this.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:38 AM   #624
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stephkp
Stats: 265/199.6/140
WOE: my own
Start Date: last year
Doing great Amber!!
stephkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:56 AM   #625
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Steph!!

Day 5 today!!! Feeling better by the second. I forgot my lunch today so I think I'll go out and treat myself to either a double bacon burger sans bun or a chicken salad salad. Or a chipolte burrito bowl. Oh decisions, decisions... This food is all so good.

I haven't weighed yet, and wasn't planning on it for at least another week, but I'm getting increasingly tempted to start back to weighing. So we'll see.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #626
Blabbermouth!!!

my vote is for Chipotle burrito bol!!!! YUM!
Old 12-06-2012, 09:53 AM   #627
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh, I know. That had my vote too and ultimately I picked shopping in the mall over quality chipolte. I regret the decision since the mall trip was a bust and the double cheeseburgers were good, but not as good as chipolte.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:26 AM   #628
Blabbermouth!!!

I think they're going to name a table after me at the Chipotle down the street from me. I could eat it every day for a meal, I never ever get tired of it. They know us and just start making it when we come in. Yikes! Too much, ya think?
Old 12-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #629
Blabbermouth!!!

Haha Danielle, it could never be too much!! That place is amazing. I love their barbicoa (sp?) bowl with grilled veggies. YUM!!!
Old 12-06-2012, 12:09 PM   #630
Senior LCF Member

Im jealous, we dont have a chipotle within 60 miles of us! I do enjoy moes and qdoba more than I should, but I have had chipotle in Cincy and it was so yummy! I can never get enough Mexican food (which may be the reason I am in my current situation )