Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2011, 05:48 AM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2012
Scale held steady again today. I guess I should expect that after losing 2 pounds in one day but I want movement darn it! Also, I finished the Labor Day burgers last night so those are gone. I know I ate too much yesterday. I had chicken and eggs for breakfast, a lot of roast beef for lunch, and then 2 burgers loaded up for dinner. The week prior I was only eating about 1/2 of that so it was probably a calorie, carb, and fat shock.

Back to the basics today.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2011, 12:39 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: meeha
Stats: 258/258/when it feels right
WOE: My Way
Start Date: 1/09/2014

Coming through to cheer you on your journey.
meeha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:23 AM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Meeha!

Okay, scale stayed the same again today. 3 days of steady weights now. I'm starting to get frustrated but am going to hold the course. AF is right around the corner, I had a huge loss last week (10+ pounds), and I did eat more than normal Monday and Tuesday. So I won't panic. Now I can't promise I won't tomorrow if I see the same number again.

The only good thing this morning diet wise is that I woke up with some of the worst ketosis breath ever. I usually get it and I've had it on and off for a few days but today is rancid. Hopefully no coworkers try to get too close to me today as brushing didn't even make a dent in it. Lovely stuff!
Old 09-09-2011, 04:52 AM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm a slave to the scale. 100% obsessed.

Yesterday I looked back through my journal entries and realized that a few weeks ago, the last time I was "on plan", I got stuck at 251. Since yesterday was day 3 at that number I realized that maybe it's a set point and one that might take slightly longer to bust through. I told myself that if I stay strong I'll beat it and get back into the 240s. I felt strong and more informed.

Fast forward to last night around 7pm. I was hungry. DS asked for a banana. I went to the bathroom and got on the scale and my night reading was higher than it should be (yes, I weigh 2x per day min.). I gave DS the banana and he ate 3/4. He handed it back to me. I proceeded to eat the last 1/4, which was really only 2 inches of banana. I felt bad for it but then ate a few crackers. WTH was I thinking??? Actually I know what I was thinking. I was thinking, "Why is my family eating all this delicious food and I'm eating basic veggies and basic meats and why am I doing this for no scale loss??!!" So then I self sabatoge.

This morning: 252. I gain so easily.

I'm back on track this morning already. I want this too badly to stop at this point.

I think I may start weighing only once or twice per week instead of daily. I'm going to give this some consideration.

Ugh.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:19 PM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

It's been three months since I posted to my journal and three months of off-plan eating. I haven't even attempted to get back on track. I think I may have attempted a week long calorie-counting-plan but that was only half-attempted. I estimated. I lost nothing needless to say. I didn't really feel bad about it. I told myself that if I wasn't ready to diet, I should just eat in moderation. Try to maintain. Blah blah blah. I didn't even check the scale.

For the past 2 weeks, I've been more upset about my weight, my health, my lack of energy and more motivated to do something about it. I told myself that I'd gather recipes, pick a plan, and prepare to start something January 1st. I'd let myself enjoy the holidays first. Well, I'm not sure I want to wait that long.

This is a place marker for myself to see how long it takes for me to restart. I'm thinking at this point I want to restart on Monday. I need to grocery shop. I need to mentally prepare. I'm pretty much ready.

I'm not ready to see the damage on the scale. I'm hoping that I haven't re-gained every thing I lost.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:47 PM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

Today I told my coworkers that I plan to restart LC on Monday. They think I'm nuts for restarting prior to the holidays but I think I need to get started now. I think telling them my plan will help make it a reality.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:14 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Meg2039
Stats: 218/186/155
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: 11/2/13
Hey Amber! WTG! get on now! You have 2 whole weeks before Christmas and you will see great results! There are a lot of great people on the journal pages too, so join in with us! We'll help you! Here's mine!

Meg's Journal-Journey to Goal

Meg

Last edited by Meg2039; 12-09-2011 at 01:16 PM..
Meg2039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:20 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chelseybelle27
Stats: 295.0/283.2/195.0
WOE: Extended Induction
Start Date: 1/4/2014
Hey Amber! If you are still around send me a PM, I would love to catch up! Restarted this past week...tired of feeling like crap and putting crap in my body! Hope to hear from you!
chelseybelle27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:49 AM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Meg. I didn't start when I said I was but I am on plan now.

Chelsey - will be sending you a PM shortly. I missed you!!

Okay, so I planned to start on Jan. 1st like a good resolutioner. But that was Sunday and that seemed odd. So then I thought January 2nd was good. But I needed to prep. So I decided Tuesday, January 3rd was perfect - it was when I was going back to work anyway after a nice long vacation.

I faced the scale yesterday, after months of pretending scales were never invented. I knew I had gained weight back because of how my clothes were fitting and because of how my body felt. I felt fatter. So it said 277. It was exactly where I was last year when I restarted. I regained all my weight AGAIN. The only part I can be thankful for is that I didn't gain more. But it stung and it sucks.

So because it's a new year and a fresh start with my diet, I had to make some resolutions. First, I need to weigh at least once per week, preferably daily. I found out my skinny sister is pregnant with her second. She has been gaining a bit lately after her first baby and while still skinny, she confessed over the holidays that she hit 170 and felt really fat. So while I feel sorry for her for being unhappy with her weight, I also see this as an opportunity to maybe catch her in the weight department this year. She'll be gaining with her pregnancy and I'll be losing with Atkins. So my weight goal is to be in onderland when the new baby is born. 199.5 by September 2nd. Also, DH got on the scale and weighed 177. I want to eventually weigh less than him. One day. Maybe in a year...

So yesterday I ate:
B: hamburger patty
L: ceasar salad, roast beef, cheese
D: southwestern soup

Today:
B: hamburger patty; coffee with cream
L: soup and salad
D: eggs/bacon

Note to self: today is day two and you have a terrible headache. Do not restart again and face the induction flu again.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:18 AM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Day three today.

I was semi-tempted last night while feeding DS some crackers (he was sick and that was all he could tolerate). It was so automatic to grab a cracker and shove it in my mouth - I didn't do it. I flashed in my brain though and I had to stop myself from doing it. It was a weird thing to realize how close I was to eating a) carbs; b) something I don't even really enjoy the taste of; and c) when I wasn't even hungry. Food is definitely an addiction.

Today I saw a few pounds gone off the scale - 3 or 4. I'll take it. I feel so happy to be on plan but also an urgency to see some weight come off. I hate that I have to relose so much regained weight. It makes me sad for myself.

B: coffee - got too busy at work and forgot to eat
L: salad with soup (southwestern)
D: probably eggs and bacon - I've been craving it
Old 01-06-2012, 03:57 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Good job! Keep up the good work!
Old 01-10-2012, 07:30 AM   #42
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Meg!!

Okay, today is day 8. I haven't posted in 5 days. BUT, I get to post and say that I haven't cheated one single time. I've been perfectly on plan. As a result, I'm in deep ketosis, have high energy, and have zero cravings. I feel excellent. I feel motivated. And I feel like it's working. All excellent things.

Since this is foremost for weightloss, I can also report that I'm down 8 pounds. This isn't my fastest 1st week loss, but it's not a bad number. I'm 8 pounds closer to goal. Also, I'm exactly 70 pounds away from onderland today. Now I'm going to focus on just the next 10. I can do it!
Old 01-10-2012, 09:05 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Amber,
Sounds like you've got this under control! 8lbs? Wow!!!
You should join our group on the Honey Badgers Challenge thread. It is a crazy busy and fun thread. You would totally like it!
Old 01-11-2012, 08:52 AM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

The scale stayed the same this morning. I'm pretty sick and congested and exhausted so I wouldn't expect the scale to move on a day like this. Ugh! But, I do feel skinnier today. My ring slid on super easy and is turning on my finger as I type this. Those are good signs.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:21 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Don't you love it when you "feel" smaller...Don't worry about what the darn scale says. It will probably take a little time to catch up form that 8 lbs you lost! Just keep up all your great work and you will see a woosh!
Old 01-12-2012, 12:59 PM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

Today is day 2 of the scale not moving. 269.

I've been eating a lot of casserole type dishes this week but have been keeping portions in check and not cheating so I'm going to continue on. I'm not going to tweak things this time like I tend to do and get frustrated. I figure I can maintain at least a week before I worry.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Great attitude! Just keep following your plan, and you will see results!!
Old 01-13-2012, 07:29 AM   #48
Blabbermouth!!!

Woo Hoo! 268! I had steak and brocolli yesterday while out with DH and DS. I didn't even care that I couldn't endulge in the chili/cheese fries or have a drink. I only wanted it about 1% and I was 99% satisfied.

I'm down 9 pounds in 1.5 weeks - I'll take it. I'm hoping for 10 by next Tuesday, which will be 2 weeks on plan.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:31 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Woot Woot!! Told you!
9 lbs in 1.5 weeks is totally fantastic. You are killing this!!
Old 01-17-2012, 10:23 AM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!

266 on Sunday morning! It also happened to be my birthday so I was pretty pleased with a 2 pound loss over Friday and Saturday. Of course the scale has stayed the same since then. Today is day 2 with no movement. I didn't cheat for my birthday but we did eat out a few times and I did have a breve latte so I know my calories were higher and sodium levels may have been higher. Plus I sat in the sun yesterday and got a little burn. I'm trying to down water today in hopes of seeing some lower numbers this week.

Today was a planned lower carb/calorie day but co-workers surprised me with a low carb feast.

B: egg/sausage/pepper crustless quiche; coffee w/ cream
L: 2 sausages w/ SF saurkraut (sp?); pumpkin bake w/ whipped cream; diet soda
D: coney island chili dog pie

Oh and water, water, and water.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:24 AM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

I didn't even think about it but today is 2 weeks on plan for me. So down 11 pounds in 2 weeks! I'll take it!
Old 01-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Birthday and congrats!!
Old 01-19-2012, 09:38 AM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!

So two days later, after my last post, I've gained both days on the scale. Yesterday was up 2 pounds. Today up 1/2 pound. I'm gearing up for TOM, have had a lot of stress at work, ate too many cheesy casseroles, etc., BUT I don't care. I'm pissed at the scale. I want to see downward movement darnit.

So I posted on a challange I'm part of and they suggested I graph my weight and focus on week trends or bi-weekly trends. I'm going to do that now. I figure if nothing else, it gives me a good lunch-break task.

Today's weight: 268.5.
Goal for this week is still 263 by Monday. Doubtful at this point.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:55 AM   #54
Blabbermouth!!!

Scale was slightly kinder over the weekend and went down a bit. Still not down to my low from last week, but saw 267 on the scale this morning. My goal for this week is the same as it was for last week - 263.

I updated my ****** account last week and put in my starting weight and date (277 - Jan 3rd) and my goal weight (199 - Sept. 2nd). It said I have to lose 2.25 pounds per week to achieve that goal. Even with no loss last week, I'm still ahead of the curve for now.

My goal is to keep doing what I'm doing and to not get discouraged. I've menu planned a rather simple menu for this week and plan to avoid casseroles for at least this week and re-evaluate next week.

Tomorrow marks the end of my third week on plan and I'm trying to celebrate that I've stuck to this. I feel really embedded in this WOE for now and I'm so thankful that it's clicked in this time.

Also, DH lost 2 pounds this week and is upset that he dropped weight. He saw 173 on the scale and aims to be at 175 - he's 6'2. It irked me to no other that he saw WL last week and I didn't. Grr.... husbands!!
Old 01-24-2012, 05:59 AM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Today marks 3 weeks perfectly on plan for me! I'm so thrilled with myself for following atkins so well for 3 whole weeks!! I've essentially tried to restart millions of times and always quit by day 2 or 3 or heck, sometimes even by lunch on day 1. So starting day 22 is awesome!

As for the scale, it inched down to 266, exactly where I was one week ago. I'm down 11 pounds and have 67 more to get to onderland.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:14 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Happy 3 week atkins-versary!! You are doing great! Keep it up!
Old 01-25-2012, 07:05 AM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Meg!

Okay, today the scale flickered at 265 for just a brief moment and it was wonderful. I won't claim it yet since it settled at 266. I'm hoping that this week will show some better results than last week.

I watched part of the Biggest Loser last night and this season's message is "No Excuses." The trainer was asking a girl on the red team why she was there. He kept saying "Why are you here?" "What are you doing this for?" She was in tears and couldn't answer his question. I realized that I definitely can. I'm here for my family. I'm here for my son, who needs his mom to be around for a long, long time. I'm here for me who wants to be healthy and run and play hard with my son as he gets older. I'm here because I'm done with being fat. I want to wear cute clothes. I want to feel good about myself. I have a lot of reasons for being here and doing this.

Last edited by AsmallerME; 01-25-2012 at 07:11 AM..
Old 01-27-2012, 06:14 AM   #58
Blabbermouth!!!

Scale moved down yesterday to 265 and today to 264. I'll take it!! These are the moments I need to remember when the scale stops moving for a few days or weeks again. It all eventually works out.

So yesterday was a busy work day and I had a wendy's baconator w/o a bun for dinner since I was lazy and tired. I was worried it would cause a gain with the sodium but nope. And it was soooooooo good. I could eat it daily but I know that's not good for me so I'm going to limit these splurges.

Today:
B: coffee w/ cream; atkins bar
L: chicken salad salad from an awesome local deli
D: bacon and eggs

Oh, and only 65 pounds until onderland. 7 months until Sept. I'm still in the realm of possibility for hitting onderland in Sept.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:06 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

65 lbs is totally doable!! You are doing so great! Way to go!!
Old 01-29-2012, 12:38 PM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

Hit my goal for this week! Saw 263!! TOM also showed up early. Gotta love that. hoping to see more loses this week. Would love to see 259 but that's probably unrealistic given that I just had a great week. So, let's say 260 is the goal.