Old 06-28-2012, 11:12 AM   #391
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post
Thanks, I hope I do too. I hate being sick.

It's weird but I keep thinking of comfort foods to eat, carby stuff. I almost rationalized it and then said to myself, "self, are you hungry?" I wasn't. Then said, "self, you are one pound away from a huge weight loss milestone. Do you really want to go backwards again?" I so don't. So now that I've talked to my mental crazy carb addicted inner voice, I know I'll be fine.
And I hope you get to feeling better!!!
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2012, 11:17 AM   #392
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Feel better hon!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:57 PM   #393
amm
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amm
Stats: (highest weight 400) 345/337.8/175
Amber, yes, I restarted yesterday. Yesterday I had hardboiled eggs, turkey bacon, deli turkey, and chicken burgers. Today I've had hardboiled egg and turkey sausage for breakfast, and chicken burger and some cottage cheese for lunch. Dinner will be chicken with dijon mustard. So far so good!
amm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:09 PM   #394
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vilya
Stats: 285/198/180
WOE: LC/HF for T2 diabetes
Start Date: Sept. 2011
Feel better quick, Amber!
Vilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:32 PM   #395
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Potaty
Stats: 227high/227now/150goal
WOE: LC + Exercise
Start Date: July 2013 (this time, LOL)
I hope you feel better soon and good job talking yourself out of cheating! People say that's half the battle but for me it's 99.9%, lol
Potaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:50 PM   #396
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2012
Thanks ladies. I really appreciate the well wishes and each of you.

Katy - haha, me too. I'd be skinny if I'd stop cheating.

Andrea - good job! Your menu sounds great! Since I'm sick, I've barely eaten today. I've had broth, diet soda, deli turkey, and a chicken breast w/ mesquite seasoning.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:48 AM   #397
Blabbermouth!!!

Sooooo....new low today! Not only did I hit 50 pounds gone forever, I whooshed right past it. I'm down 52 pounds!! 225!!! My bmi so far has gone from 46 to 37! Oh, and yesterday, I put on a work shirt that I have not worn in a few weeks and it looked like a tent. It was unwearable. I took it off and realized it was a 22w. When I started in January, it was also unwearable for being way too tight. I'm now in 18w and started at 24-26w. It's amazing what losing weight does!

The other day I went to the mall and went to the regular girl suit section. They were having a sale. I grabbed two reg 18 suits to try on. While I could put everything on, it wasn't really wearable. I was really hoping. I'll prob wait and try again in 10 pounds.

On the sickness front, I'm still sick. everything still hurts and I want to lay in bed all day. My project is due at work today, so I'm hoping to submit it by midday and leave early.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:33 AM   #398
amm
Senior LCF Member

Wow Amber, so proud of you! Did you already mention how long you plan to stick with Stillman's?

I am down 4 pounds since Monday and that's with a crazy binge day on Tuesday that included pasta and cupcakes. I am still above siggy weight... Mon- 347, Tues- 348, Wed-350 (post binge), Thurs- 345, Today- 343. That's quite a range in one week!

What do you do about fiber?

Last edited by amm; 06-29-2012 at 06:46 AM..
Old 06-29-2012, 10:00 AM   #399
Blabbermouth!!!

WOW Amber, work it girly!!
Progress pics please! There's gotta be a huge difference with 50 pounds. How exciting!!

Crossing my fingers for you and an early day for ya!
Old 06-29-2012, 11:16 AM   #400
Blabbermouth!!!

Yay, I'm home! Turned my project in and drove home as fast as possible. I feel better already.

Danielle - you know, I've never shared photos here for privacy reasons, but I think I will. I was thinking of doing it at onderland. I have some super awful beach pics that can serve as my befores.

Andrea - you are going awesome! You are down 7 if you count from post-binge. You said you only lost one last week, so already you've done 4x better!! My plan was to stay on stillmans until I hit 219, so 6 more pounds. I think I'll switch back to lc/juddd then. Although, if I continue to feel good, maybe I'll go a bit longer. I'm not sure. What are you planning? I strangely have not had potty issues. I read on the stillmans threads that it's normal not to go as much since we are taking in less waste, but you could maybe try magnesium? I think that's supposed to help.

Ok, going to read a few journals and lay down.

Food today: diet coke, water, medicine, vit c, and a big chicken breast. Dinner will be more chicken and broth.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:32 AM   #401
amm
Senior LCF Member

Amber, if you wanna post pics and still retain some privacy, you can blur your face or chop your head out of the photos.

We leave for vacation in 3 weeks, so I'd like to lose as much as I can before then. But, I'm wondering if I should add some things back in during the week before vacation... I know that I will not stay on Stillmans during vacation and I am worried about having stomach issues if I'm strict Stillmans all the way until vacation and then I eat more normally on vacation. I'd rather have some stomach issues at home than at the beach!
Old 06-29-2012, 05:00 PM   #402
Blabbermouth!!!

Andrea - so maybe you should do two more weeks of stillmans and then gradually switch to just Atkins or southbeach the last week before you go. If you do two more weeks, maybe I will too. I really want to hit the teens before my trip. I have four weeks until I go out of town.

So we went to chickfila and I had grilled nuggets and diet coke. Accidentally took a sip of dh's sweet tea and literally spit it out (thankfully we were outside). I hope the sugar that coated my mouth doesn't cause a gain. dh laughed at me.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:01 PM   #403
Blabbermouth!!!

Omg! I just saw my sig and realized I hit my goal#2!!! Awesome!
Old 06-29-2012, 05:15 PM   #404
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post
Omg! I just saw my sig and realized I hit my goal#2!!! Awesome!
What fantastic news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chikfila has grilled nuggets????? REALLY?????????????? Who knew!
Old 06-29-2012, 06:08 PM   #405
Blabbermouth!!!

Omg, YES! About four months ago, while eating there, a worker was talking to ds and noticed he hadn't touched his nuggets. She casually mentioned that they have grilled nuggets and can be ordered up to 12-packs like the reg nuggets. They also added applesauce as a side choice for kids. I won't lie and say that they rock my socks off or anything, but they are super low cal and low carb. Dipping them in ranch and buffalo helps too.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:15 PM   #406
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
Start Date: March 2, 2009

WOO HOO!!!! That is so awesome that you are losing so fast now!!!! So close to a new decade!!!! It seems like just yesterday you were in the 30's. Rock it out sister!!!! You will be in onederland in no time!!!

Funny about being worried about the sugar, but I completely understand.
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:17 PM   #407
Blabbermouth!!!

Nice! I had no idea and that definitely opens up the possibilities when we run around and grab food. There is something soooo unappealing about bunless burgers from a fast-food joint.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:10 PM   #408
Blabbermouth!!!

you are on fire! My town just opened a chik-fil-a so that's good to know!
Old 06-30-2012, 04:35 AM   #409
Blabbermouth!!!

Yep, my drive through order is "a 12-pack of grilled nuggets and a large unsweet tea. With some splenda, buffalo/ranch sauce, and a fork." Since you all can eat veggies, I also recommend the spicy salad with spicy dressing. You have to knock out the corn, but it's easy since it's in the corner.

Danielle - a double bacon deluxe from Wendy's sounds good to me every second of my life. I'm a total hamburger fanatic. No wonder you eat less than me cause I could eat cheeseburgers for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Even after the sweet tea incident, I'm down another pound today. Not sure how long this will last but I'm not complaining. Today will be a little higher in fat as we'll be having pork. Might also have reg sausage if the husband browns some this morning.
Old 06-30-2012, 05:47 AM   #410
Blabbermouth!!!

seriously motivating!

I guess I need to visit chikfila's website and see what my options are. When it opened a couple of months ago, it was RIDICULOUS. Cars backed up for miles, they had to call cops to control the traffic. It is still really busy even with 2 drive thru lanes open. One day I decided to see what all the fuss was about and I was left scratching my head. I will have to try it again, but LC this time!
Old 06-30-2012, 06:46 AM   #411
amm
Senior LCF Member

Oh man, Katy, a regular Chick-fil-a sandwich is like heaven on a buttery bun... no wonder I'm fat!

Amber, I hope the regular sausage doesn't mess your losses up... you've been losing like crazy! I am down a pound and a half this morning... I'll take it!

I may have to try the grilled nuggets. On the website they only list them in the kid's meal, so I didn't know they could be ordered separately.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:51 AM   #412
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, you can order them separately for the same price as reg nuggets. It's not on the menu though, except in the kid section. And I agree, a reg chick-fil-a with waffle fries prob gave me at least twenty pounds of fat. And their milkshakes are the absolute best. Seriously. Yum. Oh, and the nuggets with BBQ sauce. Mmmm.. Maybe it's closer to thirty pounds!

I didn't eat sausage. I got scared. So just had water and chicken with mustard. Will have pork at lunch though.maybe just a hb egg and broth for dinner.

Andrea - so excited that you are down another 1.5 today!! Doesn't it feel great? Are you finding this hard?
Old 06-30-2012, 07:53 AM   #413
Blabbermouth!!!

And Andrea and I prob both love it since we grew up in the same area. Everyone there loves it.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:58 AM   #414
Blabbermouth!!!

Yanno, I'm all for homemade burgers done up right, but somethin about fast-food burgers without the buns to hide their lacking just makes me I think I'm just truly over fast-food. Period. I don't miss it at all and my body is thanking me for not killing it anymore

on the loss again lady! Fabulous!!
Old 06-30-2012, 09:14 AM   #415
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vilya
Stats: 285/198/180
WOE: LC/HF for T2 diabetes
Start Date: Sept. 2011
Yeah, I can't do fast food anymore, either, even bunless. I just feel too gross eating it. Although I will never turn my nose up at Chik-fil-a. That is the one place I would still go happily if I could!

Amber, keep on rocking it, girl!
Vilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:59 AM   #416
amm
Senior LCF Member

Amber, once I got past my binge on Tuesday, the rest of the week hasn't been difficult. I do so well when I'm at home and can control the food around me. Tuesday I went to a luncheon and I just gave in to temptation. Plus, I had eaten really well the day before but was up a pound Tuesday morning, so I was already feeling down in the dumps.

I think the key for me to stick with a plan is seeing results... when I consistently see pounds coming off, I am able to resist cheating a lot more than when I feel like I'm working so hard and having little to no results. That's when I crave (and eat) the wrong foods.

I've been allowing myself to have light laughing cow wedges in place of cottage cheese and it seems to be okay. Today for lunch I cooked a few slices of turkey bacon, then wrapped them in deli turkey with a little laughing cow spread on the turkey. It was actually really yummy and my husband was jealous and wanted me to make him some, too! I told him that it was my diet food!
Old 06-30-2012, 04:46 PM   #417
amm
Senior LCF Member

All this talk about Chick-fil-a has had me thinking about it all day! We stopped on the way home from the movies and I got the 12 count grilled nuggets. They weren't so bad, but definitely NOT as yummy as the regular ones! It's a good option, though... when I add veggies back in I'll get them with a side salad.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:49 PM   #418
Blabbermouth!!!

Haha, sorry I made you crave them, Andrea. Yeah, I am finding this pretty easy too. The daily weight loss is constant reinforcement and motivation. Your lunch sounds amazing. I need to try that sometime. I have laughing cow cheese in the fridge, just need the bacon.

Danielle and Vilya, y'all are crazy. I all burgers. Granted some are better than others but greasy baconators hit the spot sometimes. Burgers are one of my few cravings left. I've officially lost all my other cravings.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:02 PM   #419
amm
Senior LCF Member

I'm finding it easy, too... I just hope I feel that way when TOM is here next week! I think I'll stay on Stillman's for 2 more weeks, then add in veggies and some cheese for the week before vacation. My plan for vacation is to not go overboard, but I know that it isn't realistic for me to avoid all bad foods. I will probably go back to strict Stillman's when we get back from vacation, at least to get whatever I gain back off quickly. The week after that, I go back to school and I think that Stillman's might be hard to maintain then, especially since my teacher friends and I go out to lunch every day during preplanning. Low carb will be doable since I can get salads pretty much everywhere, but Stillman's might be more of a challenge.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:00 AM   #420
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm down another pound this morning. 223! I'm only four away from my stillmans goal now.

Andrea - I think your transition plan sounds great. Compared to stills, low carb seems very user friendly and doable in social settings. I've been purposefully getting out of eating out with people because ordering plain chicken and nothing else seems weird.