Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Journals (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/)
-   -   In-Joy In My Journey (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/728875-joy-my-journey.html)

mstamika 07-20-2011 04:22 PM

In-Joy In My Journey

In one of Eckhart Tolle's books, he talked about reaching a certain point in his journey. He had found peace and when asked what he was doing he said, "Enjoying myself". He said, what no one understood is that he was saying "In-Joy In Myself"

Although everything is not perfect in my life; I'm not the size I want to be, I'm not a millionaire yet, my kids still challenge me, and so on...

I am in-joy in myself!

If you don't mind long winded posts, filled with random thoughts, and occasional rants read on as I work towards slimming down by shedding my inner baggage and using a plan that has worked for me.

Indigo-65 07-20-2011 04:36 PM

Love his books! I wish you the best!

mstamika 07-20-2011 04:49 PM

It's fitting that my first post in my new journal would be at 4:22 pm, my birthday is 4/22 and it shows up all the time in my life.

Start 07-20-11
LD1 - 213

Excercise: Hand to mouth excercises LOL

I'm in a new job, working in a new building. This building is the one with the gym that I was dying to be able to use... I've been here about 4 months and have not used the gym yet :eek: I know, I know :doh: two and a half of those months I was still in school but now, no more excuses.

I'm double daring me to get up early enough to work out tomorrow!

Since I now have two jobs that would require a 6:00-6:30am workout and anyone that knows me knows I am NOT a morning person. I suppose if I EVER want to slim down and not be saggy and wobbly I better become one...

Paraphrasing the prophet, Katt Williams: Wish me luck my folks, wish me luck!

mstamika 07-20-2011 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgw (Post 14844640)
Love his books! I wish you the best!

Thanks! Same to you. We'll be on at the same time :D I started today and TOM has two days remaining. I figured I'd load and finish with TOM giving me the 23+ days I need for a full round.

Indigo-65 07-20-2011 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstamika (Post 14844688)
Thanks! Same to you. We'll be on at the same time :D I started today and TOM has two days remaining. I figured I'd load and finish with TOM giving me the 23+ days I need for a full round.

Still waiting for my package to come. I will load this weekend and try to do a 40 day round.

shari 07-21-2011 03:43 AM

Love the name of your journal. Here cheering you on! Your birthday is the same as my mom and G's..how crazy is that?! :D

Good luck! :up:

shari 07-21-2011 03:50 AM

I just saw your pic in the old journal..beautiful pic!! You are so pretty with a beautiful daughter and handsome son. What a nice celebration...I know you're proud of all the accomplishments!! Congrats again! :up:

mstamika 07-21-2011 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shari (Post 14845323)
Love the name of your journal. Here cheering you on! Your birthday is the same as my mom and G's..how crazy is that?! :D

Good luck! :up:

Thank You

NO WAY! Are you serious. What's up mom and G! The whole earth celebrates our bday's with us LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by shari (Post 14845333)
I just saw your pic in the old journal..beautiful pic!! You are so pretty with a beautiful daughter and handsome son. What a nice celebration...I know you're proud of all the accomplishments!! Congrats again! :up:

Honestly, I still can't believe it. Thanks for the compliment also :o

mstamika 07-21-2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgw (Post 14844955)
Still waiting for my package to come. I will load this weekend and try to do a 40 day round.

Cool!

If I'm still dropping on day 23 I'll probably keep going. This time I'm definitely adding exercise

mstamika 07-21-2011 02:10 PM

Start 07-20-11
Load
LD1 - 213
LD2 - 213.5 (weighed at work instead of a home so :doh: )

Exercise: 15 minutes on the treadmill. Seven reps each arm with 5lb dumbells, tricep kickbacks. I'm so tired of flabby arms!

I'm taking some mulitvitamins, potassium-mag-something else I can't remember pills, and biotin.

I know, I know, but when do I ever do anything as perscribed... If it gives me losing issues I'll stop but I could use all the energy help I can get right now.

Time to get serious about loading. I hope to loathe food by tomorrow :sick:

Indigo-65 07-21-2011 08:35 PM

Got to find out where my stuff is. I'm ready to start too!!!:cry:

shari 07-22-2011 03:52 AM

Hey lady! I agree with what Shirl said, it's just not the same when you and some of the other ladies are away...I'm sooo glad you and the others are back. Sending you good luck vibes and boat load of energy!! :clap::high5::kicking:

mstamika 07-22-2011 09:01 AM

Good Morning/ Afternoon Ladies,
It's 9am in Cali so I'll post the formal rundown with excercise later after I get it in, but I am down a little over 1lb even though I was loading.

I'm really sleepy today. I woke up and wanted a nap immediately. Sluggish, I can tell my blood sugar is doing something funky, I'm feeling the sugar junk food withdrawls.

Other than that I'm feeling happy. I'm listening to Blink in the car during my communite right now. Doing my best to not let my poo poo thoughts cause negative things in my life. Books on tape generally help so that I'm not daydreaming about disaster when I'm driving.

I have not set myself up for success, unfortuneately. I need to go shopping. This morning I just grabbed my breakfast and lunch from 7-Eleven :blush: I'm on the fly with things right now but I'm going to get it together.

Breakfast: Muscle Milk Protein shake with no milk and blended strawberries (put it in my magic bullet threw it in a cup and out the door)
Lunch: Eggs and coffee
Dinner: :dunno: I'll figure it out

I can't wait to get on the treadmill later :)

mstamika 07-22-2011 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgw (Post 14848029)
Got to find out where my stuff is. I'm ready to start too!!!:cry:

It will come soon. :hugs: Then we'll be back on together again :high5:

Quote:

Originally Posted by shari (Post 14848293)
Hey lady! I agree with what Shirl said, it's just not the same when you and some of the other ladies are away...I'm sooo glad you and the others are back. Sending you good luck vibes and boat load of energy!! :clap::high5::kicking:

Thanks Shari :hugs: It's cause all my loooooong winded posts with my craziness in my padded (sp?) journal kept you saying to yourself... "At least I'm not as creazy as her" :rofl: Just kidding

We have a good vibe, and again I apologize for staying away so long. There are a few journals I checked on that are still mia and it makes me sad.

Can I PLEEEEEAASE get to a "5 Year Still Maintaining Journal" status, Jeeesh! When will the yo run out of my yo-yo! Sorry, just a little morning sip of WHINE...

mstamika 07-22-2011 09:14 AM

It's everyone's Friday off except for a few of us and this guy has a snack cabinet that he showed me and tolk me I could rain anytime.

I was trying to get into yesterday but he was in his office. So just as soooon as I hit send on that last post I thought, ooh yes - no ones here I can go get some buttered carmel corn from his cabinet... :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

I am so used to eating EVERYTHING I want. I will NOT go near that man's office today!!!! I can't believe my brain. :annoyed: I'm going to have to do some serious rewiring and rebrainwashing. That cabinet does not exist anymore! And there's worms in all that candy because it's been in there for a long time with the mold and nats and other nasty stuff.

Okay, I'm good ;)

shari 07-22-2011 10:17 AM

Yeah and think of all the rats and mice that nibble off that food! You just can't see it because the holes are too small:sick: NOOO you don't want that!! Good talk!
It takes time to rewire the brain...it comes with A LOT of repetitive mental talk. I'm afraid one day I'm going to slip and say some of this crazy stuff out loud. That's one reason why I miss you..you're AS crazy as me so I don't feel alone. ;)

Tommyswife 07-22-2011 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstamika (Post 14849261)
It's everyone's Friday off except for a few of us and this guy has a snack cabinet that he showed me and tolk me I could rain anytime.

I was trying to get into yesterday but he was in his office. So just as soooon as I hit send on that last post I thought, ooh yes - no ones here I can go get some buttered carmel corn from his cabinet... :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

I am so used to eating EVERYTHING I want. I will NOT go near that man's office today!!!! I can't believe my brain. :annoyed: I'm going to have to do some serious rewiring and rebrainwashing. That cabinet does not exist anymore! And there's worms in all that candy because it's been in there for a long time with the mold and nats and other nasty stuff.

Okay, I'm good ;)

Yep, and it taste like poo. :D

Tommyswife 07-22-2011 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shari (Post 14849483)
Yeah and think of all the rats and mice that nibble off that food! You just can't see it because the holes are too small:sick: NOOO you don't want that!! Good talk!
It takes time to rewire the brain...it comes with A LOT of repetitive mental talk. I'm afraid one day I'm going to slip and say some of this crazy stuff out loud. That's one reason why I miss you..you're AS crazy as me so I don't feel alone. ;)

LOL You're not alone. My hubby says that I'm crazy as a "betsy bug.":confused:

Whatever that is....

Tommyswife 07-25-2011 12:50 PM

Hey lady! Where u at?(ebonics) lol

mstamika 07-26-2011 10:02 AM

Hi Shirl, I swear I haven't ducked out again. Things are busy at work.

I stopped my doses for a few days because I was still cramping 2 days after TOM and that was unusual for normal TOM but I forgot that happens with dosing while on TOM soooooooo

RESET... I know, excuses, excuses.

I'll come back and make more sense of my excuse later, and sooner than later.

My new job is cool but demanding. My second job is less demanding but demanding still.

I didn't cave to the junk in the cabinet the other day either so that was cool :) But I did have some off plan stuff after I stopped dosing so :(

adiasmc1 07-26-2011 03:23 PM

Ahhh, Tamika! How are you, girl! I am still around too, but I get on here so infrequently with work and kids and life and stuff. I am glad to see you are doing well!

I have switched over to weight watchers - I like the new plan, the points plus, as it allows for more low carbish healthy eating. I am down 10 pounds since I started 6 weeks ago. I really like it. I post sometimes on the thread the WW group has over in other plans, but I am bad about that too. I am going to try and be better about it and maybe I will be able to find some time to start journaling again too. I am inspired by you!

Hope all is well, I can tell you are busy! Hang in there :heart:

shari 07-27-2011 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstamika (Post 14859417)
Hi Shirl, I swear I haven't ducked out again. Things are busy at work.

I stopped my doses for a few days because I was still cramping 2 days after TOM and that was unusual for normal TOM but I forgot that happens with dosing while on TOM soooooooo

RESET... I know, excuses, excuses.

I'll come back and make more sense of my excuse later, and sooner than later.

My new job is cool but demanding. My second job is less demanding but demanding still.

I didn't cave to the junk in the cabinet the other day either so that was cool :) But I did have some off plan stuff after I stopped dosing so :(

Hey Wonder Twin, hope you feel better...I've been 'resetting' for over a year...:laugh: I'm now doing the 17 day diet...I got completely burned out from hhcg and it seemed I could not do a complete round to save my life. But I'm here to cheer you, Jan and others through this. :up: Glad to see you posted although work is demanding..take care. :hugs:

Indigo-65 07-27-2011 08:03 AM

Morning Tamika...have a great morning.

Tommyswife 07-27-2011 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shari (Post 14861354)
Hey Wonder Twin, hope you feel better...I've been 'resetting' for over a year...:laugh: I'm now doing the 17 day diet...I got completely burned out from hhcg and it seemed I could not do a complete round to save my life. But I'm here to cheer you, Jan and others through this. :up: Glad to see you posted although work is demanding..take care. :hugs:

Hilarious! I beat you, I've been resetting for at least 2. :annoyed:

Tommyswife 07-27-2011 12:57 PM

Hi Tamika. Just checking on you. I hope the discomfort has subsided. For me, it's just beginning. Sending you an e-hug.....

mstamika 07-27-2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shari (Post 14861354)

I've been meaning to ask you about the 17dd. I saw you posting about it when I looked back a few pages in your history.

Can you share more? I totally understand the burnt out part. I've had some inner resistance to things and have been trying to analyze it. I have some ideas but even with the ideas, I haven't figured out a solution so I just keep pondering a solution.

Thank you for being so supportive. You are a wonderful person :hugs:

mstamika 07-27-2011 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgw (Post 14861909)
Morning Tamika...have a great morning.

Have a wonderful day Jan!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommyswife (Post 14862956)
Hilarious! I beat you, I've been resetting for at least 2. :annoyed:

LOL, I swear we are a pair! :laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommyswife (Post 14862961)
Hi Tamika. Just checking on you. I hope the discomfort has subsided. For me, it's just beginning. Sending you an e-hug.....

Blah to TOM

Thanks for the hug!!! Sending you a tight one right back :hugs:

Indigo-65 07-27-2011 01:50 PM

Tamika I bought the book (17 day diet) and it seems great.

mstamika 07-27-2011 03:16 PM

Ok, here are some random thoughts rolling through my head...

Why is the low hanging fruit never fruit when it comes to food. The cheapest and easiest food to get is JUNK food. I want a fruit and salad vending machine (don't take my idea y'all - LOL).

Where are fruit bowls around the office. Free salads laying around, a salad party! A balanced meal brown bag event...

At least water is free in our office and we do have a gym.

But woman cannot exist on water and exercise alone! Ok I'm done with that.

:rolleyes:

shari 07-27-2011 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstamika (Post 14863073)
I've been meaning to ask you about the 17dd. I saw you posting about it when I looked back a few pages in your history.

Can you share more? I totally understand the burnt out part. I've had some inner resistance to things and have been trying to analyze it. I have some ideas but even with the ideas, I haven't figured out a solution so I just keep pondering a solution.

Thank you for being so supportive. You are a wonderful person :hugs:

Hey lady! Here is a link of a blogger's overview. Overview When done correctly, you can lose average of 10-15lbs in first 17days. Of course, men lose more. :rolleyes:

You can hit other tabs to get ideas. If you do a seach on google it's tons of info. It really works! I'm thinking of cycling this with low carb days in between because I love my fat and specifically wings. If not, then I'll do C1 and go back entirely to LC..who knows? :laugh:;)