Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mstamika
Stats: 217.6/217.6/140
Start Date: When I was born
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyswife View Post
Hey lady. How are you doing? Don't keep me waiting too long now. LOL

LMBO - You are too much, Shirl!

I apologize but this work schedule of my is kicking my butt! I am grateful that it's just long days and not long days and homework!

How are you my dear?
mstamika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:09 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorettahd View Post
Hey Tamika, how are you doing girl. So glad to see you back, we missed you. I've been MIA for a minute but I'm back now because I've missed you guys.
Glad to see you. I missed you too

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Good morning Tamika!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgw View Post
Good morning Tamika!
Jan and Shari thank you for being so wonderful and supportive.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:34 AM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

I really have been wanting to check in but had 10 excuses why I haven't. I mean't it when I said I'm not going to to let too much time get away from me when it comes to posting as much as possible.

I've been working at pulling myself out of the emotional dumps.

Funny how being overweight makes me want to eat more stupid vicious cycle...

I did FINALLY start the shakes. today is day 2. The idea is to have a 'low thought involved' plan for now. I dislike shopping and cooking especially when I'm this busy.

There's alot of stress in my life right now too. I'm working on being at peace with it because it's really the root of my desire to eat. Since it seems it won't change and I won't change it, anytime soon, I'm going to have to figure out a way to just deal with it.

I'm listening to thhe book, "Seat of the Soul," while I'm driving, and a few subliminal message tracks I have, along with this cool The Secret Riches Visualization Tool that I used to always watch in the morning.

I'm doing anything I can to raise my spirits because I am so flipping un-happy many days. Most of all I'm just trying to do what my mentor said and meet the situation with love. Not the easiest thing to do when someone drives to nuts but we'll see.

My weight issue is always in my head. Whenever I'm able to be okay mentally it helps me iron out my weight. That and having an easy eating plan for my busy schedule.

You know what would solve all of this...winning the lottery I would sure love to find out if that's true.

"The secret is in the present..." by Paula Coelho

Previous Journals:It’s All About The Journey, and My Mind Is Made Up
Old 09-01-2011, 11:55 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

I had a conversation with a friend yesterday that really helped ease my soul. I've been dealing with a lot personally and it really has caused a great deal of anguish in my life and is at the root of my weight gain. For me, unhappy has generally equaled eating, the more unhappy I am the more eating I do. Sad but true.

He helped shine new light on things and it helped change my perspective. I had already been making my way back, which is apparent in me getting back on track with losing, but this conversation really helped solidify things.

I'm hoping his words will linger and stay fresh for a while. I have this tendancy to forget good things so I thought I'd, Mark and Remember, in my handy dandy journal.

So I'm on day 4 and my prayers from two days ago have been answered. Now if I can get some good quality rest consistently...
Old 09-01-2011, 01:09 PM   #67
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins
Stopping by to say HELLO . Glad your soul has been encouraged by your friend, . Thank God for answering your prayers and helping you through what's going on. Be encouraged, girlie. And keep up the good work with your diet.

Are you on protocol or following another plan?
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:21 AM   #68

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Hey Tamika! Your posts speaks volumes to me, it always does. Glad to see you were able to gain some perspective from speaking with a friend and your prayers were answered. Hope you're able to get some good rest soon..that impacts day to day functioning tremendously.

You have a PM.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:22 PM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGenesFit View Post
Stopping by to say HELLO . Glad your soul has been encouraged by your friend, . Thank God for answering your prayers and helping you through what's going on. Be encouraged, girlie. And keep up the good work with your diet.

Are you on protocol or following another plan?
Meek, thank you for the encouragement. It's funny how I'm always so amazed by how He works. It's like the baby that is super surprised everytime someone says peek-a-boo. He always delights me.

I was on a meal replacement detour to ween me off of stuffing my face with everything I could find in a hundred...no make that two hundred mile radius. They helped to refocus my taset buds and gave me something I could have that was low thought and preperation, my favorite type of plan.

Right now I'm doing a hybrid. I'm taking the shakes in the morning and then salad and then I have dinner or have another shake or two.

Really I'm making this up as I go as usual Not the best approach but hey, what can I say...

Quote:
Hey Tamika! Your posts speaks volumes to me, it always does. Glad to see you were able to gain some perspective from speaking with a friend and your prayers were answered. Hope you're able to get some good rest soon..that impacts day to day functioning tremendously.

You have a PM.
You are a beautiful person. I got the PM thanks and sent one back.

I am happy to report I got some rest...I think. It is hit and miss but I did get some rest Sunday, Thank God. I caught my breathe a little and that was helpful. God is good...

I'm grateful that something I said touched you. It's Him using me. It helps so much to take this journey together. You ladies help me tremendously. As you share your victories and challenges it touches my heart and my mind. Thank you for your love and support!
Old 09-14-2011, 01:39 PM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Okay... So I did the shakes for several days straight and it REALLY helped. Then I went to my sisters in Scramento and she can cook her but off and the but that she lost cooking I gainged eating!!! I came back from her house plumper but ready to get started with the plan.

R32 P2 had a rough start. After 1 day I jumped ship for a few more days and started R33 P2 a few days ago

I am happy to report I am on VLC day 3 and down -4.2. I'm using the shakes as meal replacement while I continue to get my head together and schedule some time to grocery shop and get the food thing together.

My loss probably have been higher if I was being more strict to plan but I'm going to take the losses however I can get them right now.

I'm still listening to my subliminal tapes and I think they're working because I walked last night instead of driving which I usually do. It felt good.

I'm celebrating the small things in a big way right now...

I'm not counting my calories so I have no idea what I'm taking in per day but I am taking in WAY less and eating closer to protocol.

I'm tremendously happy to be back losing again. I feel more resolved to stay on plan this time. Praying for this strength to continue and for the pounds to keep dropping of!!! and inches too
Old 09-14-2011, 05:39 PM   #71

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins
Congrats on the releases thus far. I'm sure you'll do great!

R33 P2... love it!
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:22 AM   #72

Congrats!!! You are too funny...R33, P2. I'm glad the shakes are working for you.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:57 AM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tommyswife
Stats: 222.5/209.5/180 R1000 P2
WOE: Homeopathic HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstamika View Post
Okay... So I did the shakes for several days straight and it REALLY helped. Then I went to my sisters in Scramento and she can cook her but off and the but that she lost cooking I gainged eating!!! I came back from her house plumper but ready to get started with the plan.

R32 P2 had a rough start. After 1 day I jumped ship for a few more days and started R33 P2 a few days ago

I am happy to report I am on VLC day 3 and down -4.2. I'm using the shakes as meal replacement while I continue to get my head together and schedule some time to grocery shop and get the food thing together.

My loss probably have been higher if I was being more strict to plan but I'm going to take the losses however I can get them right now.

I'm still listening to my subliminal tapes and I think they're working because I walked last night instead of driving which I usually do. It felt good.

I'm celebrating the small things in a big way right now...

I'm not counting my calories so I have no idea what I'm taking in per day but I am taking in WAY less and eating closer to protocol.

I'm tremendously happy to be back losing again. I feel more resolved to stay on plan this time. Praying for this strength to continue and for the pounds to keep dropping of!!! and inches too
Hey Ms. Lady. So happy you're back with us. You definitely sound more grounded, like you're in a much better place. Kudos mama! Now, let's lose this weight together. The Pittman's gotta rock the protocol.....

That line resonated with me, "Celebrate the small things in a big way."

RELAX AND RELEASE.........
Tommyswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:42 AM   #74

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Girlie!! Hope you are having a great day! I got a new bottle of pellets yesterday
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:52 PM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGenesFit View Post
Congrats on the releases thus far. I'm sure you'll do great!

R33 P2... love it!
Thank you Meek. I know we all will.

Quote:
Congrats!!! You are too funny...R33, P2. I'm glad the shakes are working for you.
Thanks Shari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyswife View Post
Hey Ms. Lady. So happy you're back with us. You definitely sound more grounded, like you're in a much better place. Kudos mama! Now, let's lose this weight together. The Pittman's gotta rock the protocol.....

That line resonated with me, "Celebrate the small things in a big way."

RELAX AND RELEASE.........
You know what I mean Okay, I guess that means no more slip ups with garlic fries? I tried soooo hard but caved. I'll include the details in my update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Girlie!! Hope you are having a great day! I got a new bottle of pellets yesterday
Hi Gracie Same to you! That's too funny. We are pellet-kins now

I'm going to toggle between that and my drops till the drops are gone.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:14 PM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

First of all forgive all the typos in my message the other day. I was like wow that woman was smokin somethin or somethin. I know, I know, but I just got outta school so I still proofread but after the fact which is why I got a 2.9 and not a higher gpa

Today I'm +1 and happy it's only 1... I caved on some garlic fries. A friend and I went out to the Firehouse Grill to grab a bit of happy hour and life catch up. He ordered wings and garlic fries, I ordered crab cakes and a ceasar salad.

I ate the salad (no croutons) and the crab cakes (4 fairly on protocol delights) and then the garlic fries started starring at me, so I starred back. Then the fries started fussing at me and the garlic was like, my name is Bennette and I ain't in it. When I opened my mouth to protest a few of the fries jumped in with the garlic trying to hold them back and so I had to bite them to make them stop beating up my mouth. Then just to make them mad I swallowed them. Needless to say I'm staying away from fries but me and the garlic are still friends.

Okay so I ate them, counted them as vegetables and moved on. A friend of mine said that that's a WW strategy so people don't give up when they cave on a diet. It seems like a nice mental helper so I used it after I caved.

It reminded me I need to stay away from tempting situations for now. I can't wait till I have a bit more success with pounds loss. I'm sure it will be just the motivation I need to run for the hills from temptation...or at least walk real fast...ok, this is Tamika so maybe just have a lot fewer falls off the wagon Keeping it real.

Last edited by mstamika; 09-15-2011 at 02:16 PM..
Old 09-16-2011, 07:44 AM   #77

LOL about the garlic fries, oh my goodness that sounds wonderful now...okay, enough of that. You're doing good, take it one day at a time.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:03 PM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Some observations after taking my own advice to Shari to read back in her journal...

1. After reading my journal I realize I have bounced up and down in weight for a really long time.
2. I have not made any lifestyle changes that would sustain weight loss
3. Episodes of "emotional eating" is in my journal waaaaaay too much
4. I have had periods when I do good but I always have so much going on it's difficult to maintain without a plan and I never have one. That alone is probably a big killer of my progress.
5. I'm too hard headed for my own good and have 5 million excuses.

So what do I think about all of that... Somethings got to change or I'm going to yoyo for the rest of my life and that thought sucks
Old 09-16-2011, 04:23 PM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Can you say, "Not so smart"

Since I'm always doing things bass acwards and I'm really wanting to get on track right now so I can get back down to the weight were I'm happiest with myslef, my thoughts went to the fact that I have never actually looked to see if the shakes are in line with protocol. Guess what...

Calcium Caseinate (from milk), Fructose, Whey Protein Isolate, Strawberry Powder, Corn Syrup Solids, Nonfat Yogurt Powder, Sunflower Oil, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Sugar, Nonfat Milk, Malic Acid, Maltodextrin, Salt, Dipotassium Phosphate, Magnesium Phosphate, Modified Food Starch, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Citrate, Disodium Phosphate, Magnesium Oxide, Pineapple Juice Solids, Carrageenan, Sodium Caseinate, Soy Lecithin, Sucralose, Propylene Glycol, Dextrose, Vitamin C, Oligofructose, Lactic Acid, Acesulfame-K, Ferric Orthophosphate, Tocopherol (to protect flavor), Zinc Sulfate, Dehydrated Strawberry Juice Concentrate, Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol Acetate), Cellulose Gum, Guar Gum, Sprouted Mung Bean Extract, Niacinamide, Copper Gluconate, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Chromium Amino Acid Chelate, Polysorbate 60, Selenium Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Sulfate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate, Citric Acid, Red#40, Riboflavin, Thiamin Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Potassium Iodide, Vitamin K (Phytonadione), Magnesium Carbonate, Vitamin D3, Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin).

I don't know about you but after actually reading the ingreadiants I'm not sure but I get this sneaky suspicion I shouldn't drink those shakes ank more... Dang I'm such a winner some days I've been on protocol for less than a week and I am messing up everyday

Okay I am going to need a second to regroup. I need to change somethings up and fast. I am not stopping the protocol I just have to figure out how to do this plan with such a busy schedule. The shakes are so outta here. I'll have to save them P4 I guess...
Old 09-17-2011, 06:30 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstamika View Post
Some observations after taking my own advice to Shari to read back in her journal...

1. After reading my journal I realize I have bounced up and down in weight for a really long time.
2. I have not made any lifestyle changes that would sustain weight loss
3. Episodes of "emotional eating" is in my journal waaaaaay too much
4. I have had periods when I do good but I always have so much going on it's difficult to maintain without a plan and I never have one. That alone is probably a big killer of my progress.
5. I'm too hard headed for my own good and have 5 million excuses.

So what do I think about all of that... Somethings got to change or I'm going to yoyo for the rest of my life and that thought sucks
I could've written this verbatim, especially number 1!! I've been going up and down the same 10lbs for over a year!!! What's wrong with that picture? You're not alone. It's good that you were able to see change is needed for the shakes..yeah those are some interesting ingredients...
I remember creating some kind of shake before while doing the protocol. All I can remember is that it included spinach but it was good!! Search the hcg board....
Old 09-19-2011, 01:15 AM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I could've written this verbatim, especially number 1!! I've been going up and down the same 10lbs for over a year!!! What's wrong with that picture? You're not alone. It's good that you were able to see change is needed for the shakes..yeah those are some interesting ingredients...
I remember creating some kind of shake before while doing the protocol. All I can remember is that it included spinach but it was good!! Search the hcg board....
Thanks Shari. I will have to do that. An easy shake is much needed.

I did locate the Jay Robb shake stuff I had bought a little while ago and placed it in a see thru container on my counter for easy access. I remember why I stopped using it. I got unsure how much I was supposed to use. If each scoop is 25 grams of protein, does that mean I should have 4 scoops when substituting it for my protein, or should I have 4 scoops but spread out... I did ask someone that used the Jay Robb shakes before and she said 1 scoop as a replacement but that didn't seem to add up to me. I just dropped the whole thing because it seemed like a lot of trying to run down the answer.

Needles to say I am revisiting this shake and following through...

Last edited by mstamika; 09-19-2011 at 01:43 AM..
Old 09-19-2011, 09:09 AM   #82
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Indigo-65
Stats: SW212 CW212 GW145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Everyday!
Hi there Tamika, hope you are having a great day!
Indigo-65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:45 AM   #83

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Morning Tamika! Hope you are having a great day!
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:18 AM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Tamika...
Old 09-20-2011, 01:33 PM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Ladies

I continue to make my way on these WL journey. I'm down but have not had nearly the success at the start as with previous rounds. Namely due to the mindless, non-label reading approach I took out the gate

I did have a long talk with myself this weekend...

We'll see how it goes.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:08 AM   #86

Good morning, congrats on being down..that's an accomplishment! Long talk with selves is very therapeutic.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:17 AM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Shari, Thanks for the encouragement!

I'm getting into a rhythm and have found something that works. A Ice coffee, ceasar salad, and apple from 7-11. The Iced coffee is breakfast, apple is snack before or after lunch. Sometimes I save it when I'm driving between jobs.

I'm generally drinking my dinner but I have had some close calls because my dinner menu is not as stable as my lunch menu.

If I'm going to be successful I need to figure it out soon.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:45 AM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Starting Weight - 216
Day 1: -0.8
Day 2: -2.2
Day 3: -1.2
Day 4: +1.0
Day 5: -0.4
Day 6: 0.0 (Forgot to weigh)
Day 7: -2.2
Week 1 Total: -5.8
Day 8: -0.4
Day 9: -1.4
Day 10: -1.8

In this round R33 the begining losses have not been favorable because of my blunder with the shakes. I think I am doing better this week but still a bit wobbly. Mission dinner solution is officially underway...

I like keeping this type of tally because I can see my progress. I have a weight tracker app in my Palm Pre so I use it to record my daily weight.

Onederland is on the horizon but it can't get here fast enough...

I have the blahs today.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:44 PM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You're doing it Tamika. Yay, now I have someone to suffer with me. JK LOL
Old 09-21-2011, 02:18 PM   #90

Nice losses, even with the shakes blip. I think you're doing good!