Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2011, 03:38 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mstamika
Stats: 217.6/217.6/140
Start Date: When I was born
In-T-Ways (Anyways) I'm pretty tired this week. Still trying to work out a rhythm with the jobs and my mental demands for FUN and food!

FYI, I know I'm a saddist because I just signed the kids up for football and cheerleading. My solution is to hire a childcare/football and cheer transport person for during the week or get them a bus pass. Either that or they can't play because I'm working.

I really want them to play because otherwise they have to wait until next year and I promised them they would get to do these things when I graduated and waiting till next year is like waiting 10 years for kids. I'm praying God will help work it out but if it's not His will, I will find something else they llike to enroll them in. I'm just really hoping it will all work out. *sigh*

I definitely see my cycle, as will anyone who has read any of my previous journals. No, I couldn't just fill the void of school with sleep and chillin, I needed to add a second job, football and cheer!

That reminds me, LOL, I haven't seen my life coach in forever. We're way past due.

WL Status: Not on plan, still cramping. Not going to the doctor anytime soon even though I probably should. I think I'll wait till I have more complaints saved up then go... but I'm sure all that aches and bothers me would probably go away if I LOST SOME WEIGHT... that and got some sleep.

Feels like a bad re-run...

"The secret is in the present..." by Paula Coelho

Previous Journals:It’s All About The Journey, and My Mind Is Made Up
mstamika is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2011, 03:45 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgw View Post
Tamika I bought the book (17 day diet) and it seems great.
Thanks for the feedback Jan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Hey lady! Here is a link of a blogger's overview. When done correctly, you can lose average of 10-15lbs in first 17days. Of course, men lose more.

You can hit other tabs to get ideas. If you do a seach on google it's tons of info. It really works! I'm thinking of cycling this with low carb days in between because I love my fat and specifically wings. If not, then I'll do C1 and go back entirely to LC..who knows?

Hi

Great info Shari, Thank you.

I wonder if there's a way I can incorporate it with my current plan?

Having this weight back on my body is really nagging me. My back hurts again, low self-esteem , clothes don't fit, ets.

I can't tell you how glad I am that I wasn't so cocky as to give away all my large sized clothes. I hate to say it because I hate being back here BUT I don't think I'll be doing that till I'm 3-5 years out of these woods.

Watch out flat land with no woods, here I COME!!!!

Still in-joy-in the journey
Old 07-28-2011, 09:44 AM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
Some parts of the 17dd are very similar to hhcg but you can eat more..LOL. I think the only thing different is adding the yogurt with 17dd. The rest is the same...leaner meats for low(er) fat, salad/greens, fruit, etc. It's been a min since I've done hhcg so the food list isn't coming exactly to me now...

You have a very busy cycle going on..two jobs, two different activities for the kids (which require a lot of time committment) and trying to do hhcg not to mention the day-to-day stuff that naturally happens.. WOW! I really don't have 'the advice' to share but to say take it one day at a time and it will all come together. You may have to move some things around but as mothers we know how to work with what we have before us..it just may not come at that instant.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:08 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Some parts of the 17dd are very similar to hhcg but you can eat more..LOL. I think the only thing different is adding the yogurt with 17dd. The rest is the same...leaner meats for low(er) fat, salad/greens, fruit, etc. It's been a min since I've done hhcg so the food list isn't coming exactly to me now...

You have a very busy cycle going on..two jobs, two different activities for the kids (which require a lot of time committment) and trying to do hhcg not to mention the day-to-day stuff that naturally happens.. WOW! I really don't have 'the advice' to share but to say take it one day at a time and it will all come together. You may have to move some things around but as mothers we know how to work with what we have before us..it just may not come at that instant.
Thank you for the info on the 17dd. I looked online and it appears I have to read a BOOK I'm allergic to those LOL Just kidding I haven't found a site that devulges all the details yet so I guess I need to go get the book. If it is similar than maybe my evil plan to mix the two might work

Shari, I appreciate your supportiveness on the schedule and kids thing. Thank you.

Yesterday my 13 year old and 10 year old, rode the bus to practice by themselves with explicit instruction in a step1, step 2, step 3 type fashion and still got lost because my son didn't follow step 3!!! My head still hurts from the rush of adrenaline when I found out they hadn't made it to practice! I was a mad women trying to figure out where to start. Police, no police...where do I start on the bus route. Praying, praying, praying my son would do exactly what he eventually did, which was find a place that would let him call me.

OMGoodness, AND my son doesn't have a cell phone because I've been trying to guard him from the distraction. I will be getting him a cell phone!!!

I have someone that is going to take them and pick them up Mon-Thur but Friday will have to be some other way. But that starts next week.

Call me crazy but I'm having them get on the bus again today so that my son will learn from his mistake and not be afraid in the future. My daughter, who was with him was like, "MOM I am so glad to be home! I was afraid we would be lost forever."

I'm so happy yesterdat is over... TGIF!!!

And thank you again Shari
Old 07-29-2011, 10:17 AM   #35

Thank goodness they were able to call and let you know they were okay..I can't imagine the panic your were in!! He probably did learn from yesterday's mistake..your daughter will glady remind him again today..LOL. I used to take the bus and go downtown with my friends wayyyy before this age..back in the day. Plus be gone all day, return when the street light came on..and gasp..with no phone!! You know when we were young we did things a lot different, were more independent but now I don't know if I trust my oldest to walk to the end of the block by himself.

I did borrow M's book. I'll have to look and see if there is a site that better explains it.

Last edited by shari; 07-29-2011 at 10:18 AM..
Old 07-29-2011, 10:37 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thank goodness they were able to call and let you know they were okay..I can't imagine the panic your were in!! He probably did learn from yesterday's mistake..your daughter will glady remind him again today..LOL. I used to take the bus and go downtown with my friends wayyyy before this age..back in the day. Plus be gone all day, return when the street light came on..and gasp..with no phone!! You know when we were young we did things a lot different, were more independent but now I don't know if I trust my oldest to walk to the end of the block by himself.

I did borrow M's book. I'll have to look and see if there is a site that better explains it.
It is soooo funny you mention about how it was for us back in the day because when I got to the field, where they did finally make it to on their own, this lady and I were talking about the same thing!

So my son ended not asking the bus driver to let him know where to get off on the second bus and they ended up at the end of the route with NO money to get on the turn around bus. By the grace of God the bus driver on the route back to where they needed to be had mercy and let them ride for free! Thank you Lord. The bus driver told them where to get off to get to where they needed to go but because they were on the opposite side of the street this time my son was still lost because it didn't look familiar. So I talked to the store manager where they called me from and asked him to point them in the right direction. He did, and they FINALLY made it to practive almost 2 hours late.

I wasn't allowed to go by myself but when my cousins where around we went everywhere. Part of me feels like I have sheltered them way too much but another part of me just wants them to always be safe. I told them before they had there bus experience that it wasn't them I was worried about, it's the rest of the world.

My son was worried about me being mad. I told him I wasn't mad and that he did the right thing after they got lost. I also let them do it again today becaus I wanted him to know that I believe in him and know he can do it.

Honestly I'm still anxious about them doing it again today, which is probably why I still got this headache, but I do need my son to grow from this and begin his journey to manhood...someone give me a tissue please. OMGoodness my son is growing up and it's heart wrenching to move out the way.

Last edited by mstamika; 07-29-2011 at 10:40 AM..
Old 07-30-2011, 05:03 AM   #37

I feel for you..I'm not ready either. My son will be 11 and I'm constantly told by their dad, M and G that I need to stop "babying" him (them). It's so hard to get in my head that he's no longer my 'baby'. You're doing the right thing with letting him be more independent and trusting that he can do it.

BTW, here is a website I was emailed from Kaimi that explains it more in depth. It is just what it says...17 Day Diet Blog- Cycle 1 Food List, Lean Protein, Vegetables, Fruit | My 17 Day Diet Blog.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Last edited by shari; 07-30-2011 at 05:05 AM..
Old 08-01-2011, 07:00 AM   #38

Morning Tamika!
Old 08-01-2011, 01:49 PM   #39
jgw
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: jgw
Stats: SW229 CW185 GW150
Start Date: Everyday!
Good evening lady!
jgw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:41 AM   #40
jgw
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Tamika!
Old 08-04-2011, 01:32 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I feel for you..I'm not ready either. My son will be 11 and I'm constantly told by their dad, M and G that I need to stop "babying" him (them). It's so hard to get in my head that he's no longer my 'baby'. You're doing the right thing with letting him be more independent and trusting that he can do it.

BTW, here is a website I was emailed from Kaimi that explains it more in depth. It is just what it says...17 Day Diet Blog- Cycle 1 Food List, Lean Protein, Vegetables, Fruit | My 17 Day Diet Blog.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Thank you very much, Shari!

I do have there former sitter transporting them to and from practice now so I'm feeling a little less stressed.

I watched my son practice and he does NOT like getting hit LOL they practiced in full gear. He was getting pushed around and kept moving waaaay out the way. This is going to be interesting.

Quote:
Morning Tamika!
Quote:
Good evening lady!
Quote:
Hi Tamika!
Sorry I have missed your wonderful hellos and Good Mornings

Hi, Good Morning! How are you ladies?
Old 08-04-2011, 01:39 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Until about 30 minutes ago I was able to lie to myself about what has happened since my last go round.

Talk about close to tears. I met for lunch with the folks from my second job because one of the interns is leaving. We took a photo at lunch (I usually avoid photos from the neck down like the plague) and I was mortified. angry at myself and just feel really sad

This sucks...

So needless to say I am having a pity party with lots of baloons and confetti today.

I still have excuses this week, but I am not going anywhere. I just been working a lot this week with both jobs and my finances where depressing so I had a horrible headache.

Thanks to technology I got paid today intead of Monday so I am feeling better overall but depressed about the weight thing. Y'all might not want to come around for a while. I'm no fun and my pity party might last a few days.

Thank God it was my camera!!! I'm cropping the mess out of that photo!

Last edited by mstamika; 08-04-2011 at 01:40 PM..
Old 08-05-2011, 03:55 AM   #43

Sorry you're feeling down Tamika. It was a pic I saw of myself that started me on the whole Atkins journey...I was depressed then to see how I really looked but it lit fire under my butt to get things moving! Hope you feel better, hun.
BTW, I'd never stop coming to your journal, regardless of what's going on. We journal to vent when upset, post progress, etc...say what you feel. I truly miss you when you're gone.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:17 AM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tommyswife
Stats: 222.5/209.5/180 R1000 P2
WOE: Homeopathic HCG
Hope you're feeling better Tamika. Check in when you can....
Tommyswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:09 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyswife View Post
Ditto!
Old 08-11-2011, 11:41 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Sorry you're feeling down Tamika. It was a pic I saw of myself that started me on the whole Atkins journey...I was depressed then to see how I really looked but it lit fire under my butt to get things moving! Hope you feel better, hun.
BTW, I'd never stop coming to your journal, regardless of what's going on. We journal to vent when upset, post progress, etc...say what you feel. I truly miss you when you're gone.
Quote:
Quote:
Ditto!
Thank you ladies Seriously, I really appreciate it!

A friend of mine said when we talked on the phone I sounded depressed so it really, really, really had me down but I'm better this week and waiting for some additional help.

I'm going to switch to a new plan for like a few days to get me off junk food and then back to hhcg. I'm not eating lots of sweets and stuff just fast food because I'm always on the go.

Plus I just haven't made time to grocery shop. I have kept just enough for the kids but not much else so that's not good.

I've been really busy and tired. As I mentioned before I am back to stay though, up or down... I'm just going to have to work through this in a more accountable way.

I think some sleep (going to pick up some ambien) and my diet detour (shakes for a few days) will help get me back on track.

At least that's my hope. I'll tell you how it goes.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:59 PM   #47

Glad to see you posting. What shakes are you going to use?
I can't imagine how tired you must be..working two jobs and managing the kids' activities...that's a lot. Hope the Ambien works, it's so hard to do anything when not sleeping well. Plus, that alone can cause depression.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:12 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Glad to see you posting. What shakes are you going to use?
I can't imagine how tired you must be..working two jobs and managing the kids' activities...that's a lot. Hope the Ambien works, it's so hard to do anything when not sleeping well. Plus, that alone can cause depression.
I'm going to try a few days of wondertrim or wonderslim, I forget the name. It will take alllllll the thinking out of eating and that is something I need right now.

The stuff is still on it's way, hopefully today or tomorrow, by next week at the latest. And I got the prescription today so I'll be using the weekend to try and pull myself together! Although I do have to work Saturday, it's pretty low stress.

I'm praying I can get myself on track to have things flow better with my day.

Thanks for the support Shari!

Last edited by mstamika; 08-11-2011 at 04:19 PM..
Old 08-11-2011, 05:03 PM   #49

Ok, never heard of that shake. Hope you have a less/stress-free weekend!
Old 08-11-2011, 05:17 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Ok, never heard of that shake. Hope you have a less/stress-free weekend!
Same to you!!!
Old 08-12-2011, 05:21 AM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lorettahd
Stats: 218/176/145
WOE: HCG
Start Date: September 25, 2008 HCG 11/28/2009 P2R1 -17
Hey Tamika, how are you doing girl. So glad to see you back, we missed you. I've been MIA for a minute but I'm back now because I've missed you guys.
lorettahd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:38 AM   #52

Good morning Tamika!
Old 08-12-2011, 08:00 AM   #53
jgw
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning Tamika!
Old 08-13-2011, 05:35 AM   #54
Blabbermouth!!!

Good Morning Tamika, have a good weekend
Old 08-13-2011, 10:14 AM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tommyswife
Stats: 222.5/209.5/180 R1000 P2
WOE: Homeopathic HCG
Hi Tamika....keep posting. It helps! Shopping is very therapeutic also, so I've been told. LOL
Tommyswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:59 AM   #56

Quote:
Hi Tamika....keep posting. It helps! Shopping is very therapeutic also, so I've been told. LOL
Ditto! Hope you had a nice weekend.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:56 AM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Tamika, what's going on chick?
Old 08-16-2011, 05:34 AM   #58
Blabbermouth!!!