Old 07-17-2011, 09:46 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CARL
Stats: 240/240/162
WOE: Very low Carb
Start Date: 7/17/11
I am a Carboholic!

Hi Everyone, I'm Carl.
I am a Carboholic. I binge only on carbs. Thank God that's my only binge behaviour....
Ive been doing lo carb for about 13 years....off and on

13 years ago I reached my heaviest, 326lbs, today I'm 240lbs. I re-affirmed what I know works, which is for me eating close to zero carbs... when I do that I can lose between 5 to 7 lbs a week.... then I fall off and and re-gain...

So after 13 years I have finally realized this is a WOL not just a WOE.

So I started over last March 23rd, I was then 262 lbs now 240 lbs, so 22 lbs lost... but during this 4 months I gained 40... so lose 15 in 2 weeks, gain back 10 in 2 weeks, you get the picture.... over the 4 months lose/gain/lose/gain/lose/gain/lose/gain/lose/gain/lose/gain/lose/gain/lose...
I could have gone from 262 to 162 but "choose" not to....

I work 2 weeks away from home and family, then am off 2 weeks and don't have to work....
This is where I tie in my carboholic initial statement, when at work I am a machine... when I am at home... I'm a person that treats himself and family... it has not worked.... lol

Today I change.... not a super machine at work, not a hedonist at home... balance....

By the end of this year, Dec 31st I shall be at goal weight of 162~

That's about 80 more pounds, so about 20 weeks or about 4 lbs a week..... we'll see how it goes, but if I get close I'll be happy, as a matter of fact I will be estatic when I finally get under 200 to wunderland!!!

I welcome anyone and everyone to feel free post and comment in my journal!
CARL is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2011, 11:12 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart: October 1, 2013
Welcome Carl!
My name is Dori and I am a carboholic.
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:39 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the visit Dori, I have to say that in no other part of my life do I have the loss of control that I experance with carbs.... I appreciate your visiting my journal and the feeling that I am not alone!

Todays update is follows:

I continue to eat my low carb lowish calorie way, while doing so I continue to lose pounds.... 239 this morning. Tomorrow I will be starting back on my exercise program, 1 hour of cycling and 1 hour treadmill.

later,
Old 08-21-2011, 05:14 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

I fell into a fasting mode the other day... this is day 3 of a fast.
It's funny because what I notice is that fasting feels like very low carb, like induction....

So I'm fasting, but with coffee and milk... wish I had heavy cream... but don't got it....

So 3 days ago I was 244, now I'm 237....

Energy is good, brain functioning.... working 13 hours a day, doing 1 hour of walking/jogging a day.

I will continue this to at least next wed the 24th.... maybe longer.

I have previously fasted but the last one I did was 1991.... longest one was 20 days, I had wanted to go longer but was flying across the county to pack a Uhaul and did not want to "pass out" mid trip...

This will be interesting....
I work away from home for 2 weeks, then am at home for 2 weeks for those who are curious, because I'll say things like when I'm home or I'm at work and cant get heavy cream... lol
I think I will fast until next Wed, that will be 10 days, then when I go home if I feel like it I will just go to eggs for a while....